Red Alert
McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
iftikhar
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 am

Reina just like Suarez had an interview where he said it'll be hard to turn down a club like Barca. I wonder why nobody is throwing a hissy fit about it when it seems like both players said the same exact thing.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Transfer (out-bound) Thread

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 30, 2013 10:26 am

McAgger wrote:Reina just like Suarez had an interview where he said it'll be hard to turn down a club like Barca. I wonder why nobody is throwing a hissy fit about it when it seems like both players said the same exact thing.

Well as the hashtag suggests #justcanttgetenough for Luis :coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 30, 2013 11:04 am

McAgger wrote:Reina just like Suarez had an interview where he said it'll be hard to turn down a club like Barca. I wonder why nobody is throwing a hissy fit about it when it seems like both players said the same exact thing.

I guess it goes to show that Reina would be much easier to replace. Also, Suarez's comments were stronger, imo, giving reasons why he and his family are not enjoying it in England at the moment.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri May 31, 2013 8:41 pm

"I feel honoured that the club want me to continue, but my decision is final. I will continue to wear the Barca jersey with honour until the final day of my contract.

"I want to stay until 2014, but I am open to discuss things with the club. I think that the club have enough time to find a good successor."

- Valdes

Looks like Renia might stay after all, unless barca feel they dont want valdes now.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Well that would be a great relief to have both Reina and Suarez stay.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Carrol gone. Downing please be nice mate and move on.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:47 pm

How much can we expect from (possible) sale of Reina! Do Barcelona really want him! They can buy (almost) any top keeper.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 pm

10-12 mi euros, probably more

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:40 pm

If we sell Reina - not sure how that's going to be done while Alves is still at Barca - I'd be happy for a swap deal with Mignolet, i.e. receiving 10m pounds and spending the same.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:06 am

Well it actually seems like we're going to have to spend near £10m for Mignolet while Reina's price is being rumored €10m, which is around £8.5m. It would really boggle my mind if we have to pay more for Mignolet than Barca would pay us for Reina.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:38 am

12m euros, which is around 10m pounds.

Which is huge for a keeper, considering he's been average at best for the last 3 months. Especially when you put his wages into consideration.

Before people mention De Gea at 20m, he was only 21 years old. He'll be United's keeper for a decade... he may even be Madrid's number 1 target after Iker retires so he'll go for a high re-sale fee. Reina is coming towards the end of his career. Reina won't play until his 40. He'll be lucky to get to 35 with the way he's been going.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:50 am

We get it, you don't like Reina. But please, avoid making declarative statements with no evidence to back them up and stating subjective opinions as fact.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:17 am

I don't like Reina? Really? Because I suggest we get a new keeper because he's been mediocre for the last 3 years, I must hate him? Please.

The best thing for the club is to get a new keeper. There should be no favouritsm at the club. I've already stated Reina is the best keeper I've ever seen at the club, but this is NOT Reina FC. It's Liverpool FC. And the performances he's put in the last 3 years aren't good enough. This has nothing to do with Reina personally. He's one of my favourite players in the dressing room as he has the right mentality and is a "leader". But if you don't put up on the pitch, that's all redundant.

And what did I say wrong there? He IS on huge wages - he's on 100k a week here. That automatically takes out a number of clubs available. We wouldn't be signing Mignolet if Reina was to stay on 100k a week. (Or spend 9m on a keeper to sit on the bench. Reina will fund the deal.)

His fitness in the last 3 years has also been horrible. He's lost his reflexes and he's not the aerobatic keeper he once was. There is no way he'll get to playing at the highest stage by the time he's 35 if he continues to go on the same path. It's also Liverpool's fault to an extent. We gave him the number 1 spot with no competition. So he's basically done the same treatment for us as Wayne Rooney has done for Manchester United.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:24 am

Please don't be so melodramatic.

First and foremost I never said you "hate" him. I said you dislike him, you know, as a player. And given the amount of times you've lectured us on how poor he is and how he needs to be replaced that's pretty clearly an accurate assessment.

And you've once again filled a posted with personal opinions stated as though they were facts. Please, stop.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 am

I'm not being melodramatic, though.

Honestly. Let's just say Reina was sold in 2010. Jones was then installed as our main keeper. What would you be saying if Jones put the same performances Reina put in the last 3 seasons or so? He's here solely for his reputation at the moment - not for his performances. And I don't see him recapturing that form with us. Barcelona (or another club) also seem to be interested if we have agreed a fee for Mignolet.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:40 pm

ynwa wrote:I'm not being melodramatic, though.

Honestly. Let's just say Reina was sold in 2010. Jones was then installed as our main keeper. What would you be saying if Jones put the same performances Reina put in the last 3 seasons or so? He's here solely for his reputation at the moment - not for his performances. And I don't see him recapturing that form with us. Barcelona (or another club) also seem to be interested if we have agreed a fee for Mignolet.  
I'm sorry, YNWA, but your argument is a little odd.

Jones putting in the same performances as Reina...? Well, then I would've advocated selling him or promoting him to our #1 slot. While Reina's not been WC for the last few seasons, he's been far and away our best option, and a more cost-effective solution than going out and splashing the cash on a true replacement. Neither Jones nor Doni inspired as much confidence in the box as Pepe (even during his dip in form). Jones was always slow to react (especially to balls low and near him), neither is he as confident in coming off of his line to collect and/or punch. Beyond the physical attributes of his game, Reina is vocal and leads the back-line. Jones and Doni always looked to defer to what was often a below-average back-line.

In any case, I actually love the move for Mignolet as competition/cover for Reina. Squad competition benefits the team. Either Reina steps up, or Mignolet comes in.... it's simple. However, should Reina stick around (which I honestly think is unlikely given both keepers will want first-team football ahead of a world cup summer), I think he has to be considered the first-choice keeper until he give reason to pull him. With the amount of turnover in defense over the past season and continuing this off-season, we need to keep as many leadership figures as possible. Like it or not, Reina is a major personality in our backline, and I don't think Mignolet commands the same amount of respect... at least not yet.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Reina hasn't been good in last two seasons. I have been saying this for some time that we need a Keeper who will put pressure on Reina and will eventually replace him. But as DTR said, the absence of Carragher, Reina & Skrtel will disrupt the chemistry.

BTW, how good is this Mignolet!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:35 am

donttreadonred wrote:
ynwa wrote:I'm not being melodramatic, though.

I'm sorry, YNWA, but your argument is a little odd.

Jones putting in the same performances as Reina...? Well, then I would've advocated selling him or promoting him to our #1 slot. While Reina's not been WC for the last few seasons, he's been far and away our best option, and a more cost-effective solution than going out and splashing the cash on a true replacement. Neither Jones nor Doni inspired as much confidence in the box as Pepe (even during his dip in form). Jones was always slow to react (especially to balls low and near him), neither is he as confident in coming off of his line to collect and/or punch. Beyond the physical attributes of his game, Reina is vocal and leads the back-line. Jones and Doni always looked to defer to what was often a below-average back-line.

In any case, I actually love the move for Mignolet as  competition/cover for Reina. Squad competition benefits the team. Either Reina steps up, or Mignolet comes in.... it's simple. However, should Reina stick around (which I honestly think is unlikely given both keepers will want first-team football ahead of a world cup summer), I think he has to be considered the first-choice keeper until he give reason to pull him. With the amount of turnover in defense over the past season and continuing this off-season, we need to keep as many leadership figures as possible. Like it or not, Reina is a major personality in our backline, and I don't think Mignolet commands the same amount of respect... at least not yet.

Except that's not what I said. I gave a hypothetical situation if Reina was indeed sold to Arsenal for 20m and we used Jones to replace him. I then asked if you would be happy with Jones' performances as your number 1 if he put the same effort/performances in as Reina has in the last 3 seasons. You'd be wanting a new keeper, yes?

Mignolet won't come for cover. We're spending 9m on him. Where do you see the money coming from? He's not going to sit on the bench as one of the highest transfer fee's for us this summer and/or be rotated with somebody getting 100k a week. Both Mignolet and Reina will also want to go to the World Cup. They'd both want to see maximum game time as you have stated. Reina is a leader, and has been instrumental to our defence since the first moment he's arrived. But we're in a new era at the club now. His not putting the performances he once did. The only good thing about him at the moment is his distribution with his feet (which was 50/50 last season) and the respect he has in the dressing room. He's simply not saving enough shots and is conceding far too many mistakes for him to be a leader out there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:36 pm

ynwa wrote:Except that's not what I said. I gave a hypothetical situation if Reina was indeed sold to Arsenal for 20m and we used Jones to replace him. I then asked if you would be happy with Jones' performances as your number 1 if he put the same effort/performances in as Reina has in the last 3 seasons. You'd be wanting a new keeper, yes?

Mignolet won't come for cover. We're spending 9m on him. Where do you see the money coming from? He's not going to sit on the bench as one of the highest transfer fee's for us this summer and/or be rotated with somebody getting 100k a week. Both Mignolet and Reina will also want to go to the World Cup. They'd both want to see maximum game time as you have stated. Reina is a leader, and has been instrumental to our defence since the first moment he's arrived. But we're in a new era at the club now. His not putting the performances he once did. The only good thing about him at the moment is his distribution with his feet (which was 50/50 last season) and the respect he has in the dressing room. He's simply not saving enough shots and is conceding far too many mistakes for him to be a leader out there.
I see what you’re saying.

You may be right. I might want a new keeper. I do appreciate the “coldness” that sometimes must be adopted in transfer dealings. The thing that Reina has over Jones (even with the same pure playing performances) is a leadership quality and character in the dressing room. Jones doesn’t bring that, regardless of how well he plays. That is what we would miss the most if Reina went. Given the instability of our defense last season coupled with the loss of Carra, I’m not sure that losing another leader is a positive thing. Mignolet may well be at the same level-of-play as Reina (albeit somewhat different styles… another potential concern), but he doesn’t bring the leadership quality of Pepe. This is why I am hoping he stays for at least another season. Whether that is in a rotational set-up, as a mentor, or even as the number two does not particularly matter to me.

I do agree that it seems unusual for a keeper to be bought at 9 mil only to sit or rotate, especially in a World Cup year. (That said, I do think Reina has accepted that he will never be first-choice over Casillas. It’s ufortunate, as he would’ve had an amazing international career for many other top national teams.) However, the confusing part of this issue is that the Barca move does not appear to be materializing for Pepe, and I can’t see us pushing him out without. Moreover, I don’t see Reina as particularly eager to go to any other destination. Bear in mind, this isn’t based on Rodgers comments in the media. That could just as easily be posturing as the truth (and that’s no criticism of BR/the club, just good business sense). This makes me think that we very well may keep Reina until January or even next summer and then move him on. Perhaps its Barca (if the Ter Stegen rumor falls through) or maybe it’s somewhere else. In any case, I do see this as the beginning of the end for Reina. I’m just not convinced it’s as imminent as you think.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Let me just firstly start by saying that I have in no way compared Reina to Jones. Reina is better than Jones by some margin. I was just stating people are solely thinking about Reina's reputation rather than his performances. Also, I was not accusing you in any way of slating Reina for a new keeper. You can ask RedO, I'm in the same boat. With that said, I will be sad to see Reina go. Honestly, I will. But that doesn't mean I want him to stay at the club at the expense of Liverpool to perform at a lower rate.

I agree with what you say. We will lose leadership with Reina gone. But Mignolet IS a better keeper and will perform on the pitch. And at the day, that's all that matters. Mignolet has all the tools to succede. He's also strong mentally. The only thing Reina is better than Mignolet, is with his sweeping skills. Which to be fair, we have no knowledge of how confident Mignolet is with the ball at his feet as he was instructed to just play the long-ball at Sunderland.

People are scared of change and so are happy with Reina in between the sticks. I admit, I was one of those people last year. But his mistakes are costing us, and he's shown no improvement at all that he will bring back that 2008/09 form. I first stated that Reina's future should be questioned in February and are fully-backing my opinion now with Mignolet coming in. [If it was someone like Begovic, I would understand the switch but wouldn't agree with Begovic being the right keeper. Mignolet is the right way to go. He's a star.]

I would in no way be surprised that this "compeitition" Rodgers speaks about isn't true. Rodgers will simply be trying to get as much money as he can from this deal and Barcelona will obviously think they can get Reina for cheaper with Mignolet coming in. We'll see if Reina stays at Liverpool by September, but I wouldn't bet any money on it at all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm

ynwa wrote:
People are scared of change and so are happy with Reina in between the sticks. I admit, I was one of those people last year. But his mistakes are costing us, and he's shown no improvement at all that he will bring back that 2008/09 form. I first stated that Reina's future should be questioned in February and are fully-backing my opinion now with Mignolet coming in. [If it was someone like Begovic, I would understand the switch but wouldn't agree with Begovic being the right keeper. Mignolet is the right way to go. He's a star.]
I agree with this part here; at least I am used to see so much of Reina that it will be hard to move on with the imagination of change.
Btw, Reina's statements and BR's interview confirm that there is a plan and readyness to keep both of them here for some time. I am just wondering how FSG has agreed to pay for both GK wages+Mignloet fee. The reason may be that One of them will leave at some point of time (Mignolet is not so much of a risk to buy according to FSG policy) and most likely it seems Reina. So he may leave either in Jan window or the next summer window.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Let me just say this, if we do get Mignolet for almost 10m and keep Reina. I would hope to god that Mignolet is the starter and not Reina. If Reina continues to be a starter when it's clear he'll be out of here by next summer I'll be pretty disappointed. I rather we just give Mignolet the games to get acquainted with the defense and our style.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 am

I would want to see the following players sent on season-long loan:

1. Wisdom
2. Coates
3. Flanagan
4. Robinson
5. Sterling
6. Shelvey
7. Suso

There are few other players (Cody, Ibe, Morgan) who are widely discussed in the youth thread.

Depending on the players, they should be loaned to bottom-half PL teams (Shelvey, Sterling) or top Championship teams. Some (Suso, Coates) might be sent to Spain or France as well.

Most of these players have been flirting senior team for 1-2 years. It's time to give them regular and competitive games to find out if they have any future with us.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Well that's Shelvey adding to the Out Going list!

Going to good club in Swansea Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Sad Jonjo Good luck for the rest of your career. I'm glad it's Swansea that bought him. They play nice football so I'll supporting him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:56 pm

@YNWA

I too would be a little surprised if this GK competition talk isn't more media stunt than reality. I simply can't see us buying a #1 at 9 million to sit him on the bench. As much as I would like to see both of them here next season, I can't shake the feeling that this is a preemptive move to soften the blow when Reina leaves. Whether a bid is imminent for Reina or not, he's not been incredibly consistent for several years, and he has been flirting heavily with Barcelona.

Even if there is a GK competition, who's to say Mignolet doesn't win it. He's younger, has more to prove, and needs to win it in order to push for a spot in the Belgium WC squad. For me, those things may actually give Mignolet the edge in a keeper competition. Of course, his distribution and leadership are question marks, but that's not to say he can't step up and improve.

In all honesty, I beginning to warm to the idea of having Mignolet as the #1 next season, despite the criticisms of his game. The true test, of course, will not come until he plays his first competitive match in goal for us.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next