Vibe
EarlyPrototype
windkick
Abramovich
Nishankly
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. Empty Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

So that's Newcastle's player of the year signed, Villa's Player Of the Year signed, Blackpool's Player Of the Year signed and Sunderland's Player Of the Year signed!

XD

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool's transfer strategy. Empty Re: Liverpool's transfer strategy.

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Hah didn't think of it like that, well done Liverpool top 4 is more then very achievable this season ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Man U
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool

top 4
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

windkick wrote:Man U
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool

top 4

What I think too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Man UTD
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool

Chelsea to fail miserably
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Please tell me Dann wasn't Birmingham's player of the season...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:35 pm

RedOranje wrote:Please tell me Dann wasn't Birmingham's player of the season...

By my calculation, Arsenal will likely aquire Dann as compared to us.

Fine by me as Dann is average.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

You have spent more than City this summer, as have United Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Arsenal get Dann, we can go after Cahill in January. That would make me very pleased.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I just love how people think that ludicrous spending will take City to the top whereas Liverpool with Dalglish are miles ahead of City and will finish above them.

Yes, but we spent on areas that were waning and in need of filling the role whereas City have injected cash year after year on players not needed. Smart spending as compared to City with their trust fund arabs.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

RedOranje wrote:Arsenal get Dann, we can go after Cahill in January. That would make me very pleased.

How do you rate Cahill? I haven't seen enough of him to rate him myself.

Can you provide me you own opinion on him? good enough for Liverpool?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Well, they did finish third last season with an FA cup trophy. So it's fair reason to think they can finish second or third again. And how much has Liverpool spent counting Suarez and Carroll? I'm pretty sure it's some "ludicrous" number as you say it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Yes, but we spent on areas that were waning and in need of filling the role whereas City have injected cash year after year on players not needed. Smart spending as compared to City with their trust fund arabs.

Personally since Mancini has been in charge they have bought players they needed, only Mancini time and again has played people out of position or put people on the bench who should be starting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:42 pm

its not a battle of ethics, but a battle of philosophy and mentality. if they had a better of those 2 plus a coach like mou, city would dominate the planet.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:46 pm

windkick wrote:

Well, they did finish third last season with an FA cup trophy. So it's fair reason to think they can finish second or third again. And how much has Liverpool spent counting Suarez and Carroll? I'm pretty sure it's some "ludicrous" number as you say it

LOL. You clearly did not watch the EPL did you?

Due to Chelsea and Arsenal's incompatence, City almost were handed the 3rd spot as nothing impressive came from them.

FA Cup? Yes, cause they are the only wons who feel its worth investing their time into as United and CO. could not care less about trophy.

Suarez? It was a steal for him. Fact

Carroll? I guess you don't remember Torres' brilliant timing to leave forced us to make a last minute bid on a 21 year old englishman who is phenomenally talented. The purchase is justified by its future outcome and Carroll's performances for us as well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
its not a battle of ethics, but a battle of philosophy and mentality. if they had a better of those 2 plus a coach like mou, city would dominate the planet.

No needd to overrate Mou as it wouldn't have made a substantial difference as its clear people here underestimate Mancio.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
windkick wrote:

Due to Chelsea and Arsenal's incompatence, City almost were handed the 3rd spot as nothing impressive came from them.

FA Cup? Yes, cause they are the only wons who feel its worth investing their time into as United and CO. could not care less about trophy.

Carroll? I guess you don't remember Torres' brilliant timing to leave forced us to make a last minute bid on a 21 year old englishman who is phenomenally talented. The purchase is justified by its future outcome and Carroll's performances for us as well.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I see you got defensive. All I am saying is that Liverpool is spending out the ass just like City is. And you can bring up that City were handed the third spot due to Chelsea and Arsenal faltering, but City still had to make sure it was standing next to them waiting for some one to mess up, it's not like they were in 8th place and ended up in 3rd. And LOL at you saying no one cares about the FA Cup but City.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Arsenal get Dann, we can go after Cahill in January. That would make me very pleased.

How do you rate Cahill? I haven't seen enough of him to rate him myself.

Can you provide me you own opinion on him? good enough for Liverpool?
I don't believe he'll ever been world class, but I do think he can and would be good enough to improve our backline whereas Dann wouldn't.

As it stands, I think we're in a position where we need to improve our central defense before we can truly step up to the next level, but we actually have fairly strong depth there with Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Kyrgi, Kelly, Ayala (unless he's sold), Wilson, Coady, and Wisdom.

I'd honestly prefer a younger, "better" player like Sakho, Hummels, Subotic, etc but I believe they are all out of our reach for now. Cahill in January on the other hand should be available at a really cheap price and I'd say he's more consistent than Skrtel and more reliable than Agger. Long term I could see a Cahill-Skrtel partnership (given Agger's injury record) working well for us.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm

re: Carroll - His price was set by Newcastle and paid for by Chelsea, we were basically middlemen. Henry has come out and said we basically told Chelsea that we wanted the money needed to get a proper replacement for Torres (Carroll) plus 15m on top.

re: Our Spending - Actually, looking at spending and wages, we're fairly close to, if not within, the stipulations require to pass FFP. City's wage bill alone is greater than the club's annual income. Huge, HUGE difference.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 pm

windkick wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
windkick wrote:

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I see you got defensive. All I am saying is that Liverpool is spending out the ass just like City is. And you can bring up that City were handed the third spot due to Chelsea and Arsenal faltering, but City still had to make sure it was standing next to them waiting for some one to mess up, it's not like they were in 8th place and ended up in 2nd. And LOL at you saying no one cares about the FA Cup but City.

Not getting defensive.

Liverpool is spending due to years of corrupt dominance from H&G who nearly crippled the club as their complacent towards Liverpool left us in years of rot and not spending on what is needed to be spent on.

Before the winter of 2010? We spent squat compared to City in the past 4-5 years who have spent a gargantuan amount of cash and as most of the signings weren't even justified as it resulted in wasted years for the players and further layers of spending to cover the mess. It doesn't take a genius to compare Liverpool and City's spending to say who has been smarter and simply better in this aspect.

As for the FA Cup, City were the only team with enough depth to invest themselves into the FA Cup as United, Chelsea and Arsenal clearly did not invest enough judging by their squads and preperation for the glory. United, Chelsea and Arsenal were clearly focusing on the cup that matters as City had no chance for challenging the title, therefore more time invested into the cup.

And yes, they were literally handed 3rd place as their performances did nothing to merit the rank they had as Chelsea and Arsenal's end of season form was atrocious.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Good point, I wasn't taking a jab at the FFP...simply reminding that Liverpool is buying allot just like City (I think they have spent and bought the most since January).

For the record, Liverpool is the club I follow in England I hope they finish top four ahead of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea (and Man U, why not)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

No needd to overrate Mou as it wouldn't have made a substantial difference as its clear people here underestimate Mancio.

so under the best of management you dont expect them to do better? mou would take them to glory.

dont tell me you actually think mancini instills a mentality into man city that is european champions worthy....
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 pm

windkick wrote:Good point, I wasn't taking a jab at the FFP...simply reminding that Liverpool is buying allot just like City (I think they have spent and bought the most since January).

For the record, Liverpool is the club I follow in England I hope they finish fourth ahead of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea (and Man U, why not)

I understand that and thanks windkick.

Its just my blood pressure and temper rises when cancers like City are mentioned and compared to Liverpool.

But in the end, Liverpool's spending will have its returns as the common rule is, spend large on the transfer market on players who accept human wages.

Our returns will be greater then our spending.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

out playing style will make sure we end up in forth. we just play too much good quality football. liverpool may make it forth but not at the expense of arsenal. but you know what.. why am i even talking just wait until the season starts watch.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next