McAgger
Berbatov
RedOranje
CBarca
DeletedUser#1
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League team of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League team of the season

Post by paddy Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Begovic
Zabaleta - Bassong - Agger - Evra
Mata - Gerrard - Fellaini - Bale
Van Persie - Suarez

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Premier League team of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League team of the season

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:50 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:omg RG. just write them on different lines and press the magic button center and we will see the proper formation Razz

/retro
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 pm

---------------Friedel
Walker----Samba----Vlaar----Santon
-------Holtby---Mikel---Adam
Milner-------Chamakh----Emanuelson
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Not enough love for Tom Cleverley in this thread :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Swanhends wrote:Not enough love for Tom Cleverley in this thread :coffee:

He's decent but not good enough.
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Alright I disagree with most lineups.

Here goes mine

Begovic/Guzan
Zabaleta - Evans - Vertonghen - Baines
Fellaine - Carrick
Mata - Suarez - Bale
RVP
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Berbatov wrote:
Abramovich wrote:
ynwa wrote:He's horrible as a DM...

If you say so rofl

He's a thug and uses his strength over others to his advantage and rarely gets called for it simply because it is natural that he would overpower other footballers.
scratch How is he a thug if he uses his physical gifts to his advantage? Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. Football is not for ballerinas son.

I guess by that logic, yaya toure and fernando llorente are thugs Laughing (despite him being a classy player)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Berbatov wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

If you say so rofl

He's a thug and uses his strength over others to his advantage and rarely gets called for it simply because it is natural that he would overpower other footballers.
scratch How is he a thug if he uses his physical gifts to his advantage? Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. Football is not for ballerinas son.

I guess by that logic, yaya toure and fernando llorente are thugs Laughing (despite him being a classy player)

First off, you completely misinterpreted my post. If you watch Everton on a regular basis, you would notice that Fellaini normally tends to make rash decisions defensively, leading to many (hard) fouls. He engages in thuggery on a consistent basis - I'm not sure if there is any way that this is not true - I know Everton fans personally that say he is a thug. He played extremely well against us, scoring 2 goals in a 2-2 away draw. But during that match he was literally all over Baird, Duff, and Alex but he still performed admirably.

He does use his physical gifts to his advantage. He is very tall and has incredible strength on and off-the-ball. He's not a good dribbler but he is tough to get off the ball, which is why he uses his strength to his advantage. There isn't anything wrong with that. But when he drags, pulls, and knocks down players he doesn't get called that often because the officials think that is natural that he would overpower them. He already gets called for fouls around 4 times a match or somewhere around there but if there were calls for everything it would be around 6 or 7. Yaya Touré is not a thug, so you're trying to incorrectly trying to use my apparent 'logic' in a stupid way.
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Cech
Rafael Ferdinand Vertonghen Baines

Wilshere Cazorla Dembele

Walcott Suarez Bale
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 pm

highburied wrote:Cech

Wilshere Cazorla Dembele

Walcott Suarez Bale

Hello Highburied. No room for the guy who carried the runaway Champions for most of the season no?

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 pm

if you dont have mata on your team pls go

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If you are not picking Mignolet/Begovic/De Gea ur doing it wrong tbh.

Cech has been just as good...

Begovic's form since January has dropped. Although I guess you can blame the Stoke defence for that. De Gea and Mignolet have been class. As has Guzan from Villa.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Begovic
Zabaleta Ferdinand Vertonghen Baines
Carrick
Suarez Mata Bale
RVP Michu

Would never actually work Laughing

But there's been so few CM's that actually performed/fit this season and so many AMs so i had to pick in as many as possible. Laughing

Cazorla, Gerrard, Dembele, Carrick, Toure, Schneiderlin etc. There's many more.

Edit: Just seen this:

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Apart from Gerrard and Dembele i couldn't think of anyone tbh.

Who performed better than Fellaini, Cazorla or Michu at least.

Last edited by ynwa on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:45 am

Albiceleste wrote:if you dont have Yacob on your team pls go

Most winning player in WBAs history :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 am

Swanhends wrote:
1 player in the starting lineup from the team that is 15 points clear Proud

Just because they've been the best team in the league this season does not mean they have the best players in every position. lol

Rafael, RvP, De Gea, Carrick, Evans and Rooney are probably the only ones that would be in contention of the starting XI for the PL.

But Suarez has been better than RvP, Michu has been just as good as Persie, Zabaleta has had a better season than Rafael etc. You may argue there's been better keepers than De Gea...

paddy wrote:Begovic
Zabaleta - Bassong - Agger - Evra
Mata - Gerrard - Fellaini - Bale
Van Persie - Suarez

Agger has been horrible this year mate. His made mistakes that have lead to atleast 5 goals for the opposition. Doesn't sound that much, but it effects the point tally heaps.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Berbatov wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

If you say so rofl

He's got no tactical awareness, he can't tackle, and he can't read the game. There's a reason Moyes plays him as the advanced midfielder.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 am

ynwa wrote:
Agger has been horrible this year mate. His made mistakes that have lead to atleast 5 goals for the opposition. Doesn't sound that much, but it effects the point tally heaps.

Don't exaggerated mate. Horrible is someone like Simone Loria and Titus Bramble. He's made a couple errors here and there adjusting to a new system, in which everyone's looked like shite. Even the likes of Thiago Silva and Chiellini have made mistakes this season. I'm not saying he's been great, but that is just over the top.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:34 am

He's done some good stuff, but it has to be said. He's been our worst defender man. It's a fact lol. He's been half the player he was last season. And you can't blame the new system. This system suits him. He was one of the first to adapt to it. But since January he's been really inconsistent. We really need to get a defensive coach in. I feel we still havn't replaced Clarke. His departure is more of a factor why our defenders have turned to crap, than the new system imo. I mean, it's not as if it's the high lines fault that we can't clear the ball out of the air or why our defenders are being beaten 1 on 1's regularly. Or why we're all (players + fans) continuosly nervous when the opposition has the ball in the final third.

But yeah, he hasn't been the worst defender in the league but he definitely doesn't deserve to be in the PL team of the year.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:37 am

ynwa wrote:He's done some good stuff, but it has to be said. He's been our worst defender man. It's a fact lol. He's been half the player he was last season. And you can't blame the new system. This system suits him. He was one of the first to adapt to it. But since January he's been really inconsistent. We really need to get a defensive coach in. I feel we still havn't replaced Clarke. His departure is more of a factor why our defenders have turned to crap, than the new system imo. I mean, it's not as if it's the high lines fault that we can't clear the ball out of the air or why our defenders are being beaten 1 on 1's regularly. Or why we're all (players + fans) continuosly nervous when the opposition has the ball in the final third.

:facepalm: I can't do this, I'm sorry. If you really believe that then I got nothing to say.

As for bringing in a defensive coach, I'm not worried tbh. When Rodgers signed for us he said he will start rebuilding from the top and come down. He's improved the attack ten folds. I expect the defense to sort out next season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 am

He has though. He's basically in the team for his ability on the ball. Both Skrtel and Carragher have been more solid in defence...

Also, a defensive coach is key for us in the summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:50 am

Swanhends wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Rafael better than Zabaleta? Laughing Please kill me...

Júlio César
Zabaleta - Vertonghen - Chico - Baines
Gerrard - Carrick - Cazorla
Mata - Suárez - Bale

Subs: Hart, Rafael, Nastasić, Fellaini, Dembele, van Persie, Rooney

1 player in the starting lineup from the team that is 15 points clear Proud

van Persie and Rooney haven't had better individual seasons than Bale, Mata or Suárez. Be happy that I atleast included Carrick. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:51 am

I told you I can't do it, especially since you think Skrtel has been our best defender this season Laughing Let's just leave it at this. You already admitted your agenda against Downing. Wouldn't surprise me if you had one against Agger as well since he's kept your favorite player Skrtel on the bench.

A defensive coach will not be coming in the summer. It's futile to hope. Defense will improve once we actually focus on defending. It seems like all the coaching this season was done on tactical positioning, learning the new system and the style of play.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 am

Technically, I've said Glen Johnson's been our best defender this season. :coffee:

But at the moment, he's been way too fatigue and teams are exploiting that. So the whole defence has been in shambles, especially in the last month or two... the attackers have definitely been carrying us since January. Also, I have nothing against Agger. He's one of my favourite players. lol. But are you honestly telling me he's been anywhere near the quality we expect him from this season? You're kidding yourself if you do.

Carragher has been good, if not better, and Skrtel is basically out of the side because Danny's better with the ball in his feet. You can't argue Agger is a better defender than Skrtel because Martin's on the bench. It doesn't work like that. And Skrtel isn't my favourite player. It's just I don't understand why people have an agenda against him when players around him are doing the same mistakes but the only excuse to defend them is "they're adapting to the system". The same point that apparently doesn't apply to Skrtel. So if we could have some equality, and not all point and blame Skrtel for this season because he's the next scapegoat, we'll all be a bunch of happier people.

Also, a defence coach is key. Rodgers and Pascoe are deinitely working on the attacking/passing point of our game, but they have no real understanding of how to set up a defence properly. If they did, they would of worked on that first. Every manager works from defence to attack - not the other way around.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 am

ynwa wrote:Technically, I've said Glen Johnson's been our best defender this season. :coffee:

But at the moment, he's been way too fatigue and teams are exploiting that. So the whole defence has been in shambles, especially in the last month or two... the attackers have definitely been carrying us since January. Also, I have nothing against Agger. He's one of my favourite players. lol. But are you honestly telling me he's been anywhere near the quality we expect him from this season? You're kidding yourself if you do.

Carragher has been good, if not better, and Skrtel is basically out of the side because Danny's better with the ball in his feet. You can't argue Agger is a better defender than Skrtel because Martin's on the bench. It doesn't work like that. And Skrtel isn't my favourite player. It's just I don't understand why people have an agenda against him when players around him are doing the same mistakes but the only excuse to defend them is "they're adapting to the system". The same point that apparently doesn't apply to Skrtel. So if we could have some equality, and not all point and blame Skrtel for this season because he's the next scapegoat, we'll all be a bunch of happier people.

Also, a defence coach is key. Rodgers and Pascoe are deinitely working on the attacking/passing point of our game, but they have no real understanding of how to set up a defence properly. If they did, they would of worked on that first. Every manager works from defence to attack - not the other way around.

I told you I don't want to debate about our best defender or worst defender, especially in this thread. It would lead to nowhere as we're both clearly going to stand to our points but If you'd like we can do it in the Pool section.

Not Rodgers (and you should know this). When he signed he specified that he will be improving us on getting goals first and foremost and go from there.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 am

I found a suitable thread. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 am

ynwa wrote:I found a suitable thread. :coffee:

I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow, but I will get on it tomorrow after work Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 am

My bad, forgot Mata...

highburied wrote:Cech

Wilshere Cazorla Mata

Walcott Suarez Bale
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next