McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri 17 May 2013, 14:03

Comparing Melo and KD situation to Lebron lol

The desperation smh

How are OKC meant to beat the Grizzlies when they are the best defensive team in the league and due to injury have more offensive weapons?

Melo isn't as good as Lebron was meant to br in the first place. Soft stuff.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Sat 18 May 2013, 02:52

I'm really interested to see what Oklahoma City does in the offseason.

What they should do:

1. Amnesty Perkins. It's enough already. The guys beyond finished.

2. Let Martin Walk. A Thunder beat writer said he's "95% gone" so hopefully he's right on that.

3. From the trade, they're going to have a pick right around #12. They have three picks in the top 32 overall. They obviously need a big, but I'm not sold on any of the centers in the draft. But their options are probably: Alex Len, Rudy Gobert, Kelly Olynyk, Darko Saric, Cody Zeller, and Stephen Adams. Personally I would try to get Len or Gobert.
Gobert especially is intriguing. 7'2" tall, 7'9" wingspan, 9'7" standing reach, which is just crazy(for a comparison 7'0 Cody Zeller has a 8'10 standing reach).

They have two more picks at the end of the first round/early 2nd. I think Jackson is a FA, so they need a PG: Shane Larkin, Myck Kabongo, Schroeder from Germany, maybe Lorenzo Brown. Third pick, look at Ricardo Ledo(6'7 SG/SF great talent who'll likely fall into the 2nd round because he became eligible to play in college, wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st tho), Allen Crabbe, Hardaway Jr, CJ Leslie.

Westbrook/Larkin
Sefo/Lamb/Ledo
Durant/Ledo/Jones
Ibaka/Collison
Gobert/Thabeet

Would improve them from last year right away, with the potential to be better than their 2012 team in a year or two. Then all they would need is a coach :coffee:

edit: here's Rudy Gobert. His frame for his height is kind of worrying though:

Alex Len:

Len isn't as tall but is bigger and looks like he can handle more size. Looks better defensively than Gobert. Gobert has a couple offensive moves that Len doesn't but Len can finish better. I think I prefer Alex Len.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 18 May 2013, 17:22

I hope Dani isn't giving Melo any sort of pass. Because as far as I'm concerned, he deserves ABSOLUTELY NO PASS!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 18 May 2013, 21:58

A pass for what though? He's sucking against the Pacers.....he ain't that good, is this news to anyone?

As for OKC they need to throw Perk out. Don't have any value if he can't guard a post up big...in the end he did betyer on Zbo than Gasol lol Collison could do what he does with better offence in less minutes.

They need a new coach who will actually have an offence. Personale wise they need a scoring big
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 20 May 2013, 00:03

Grizzlies rofl Look what happens when they meet a real team in the playoffs.

14 points in the 1st quarter. Z-Bo -24 for the game.

Tbf the Spurs were making everything. The Grizzlies don't have the shooters to stretch the Spurs defense though. ZBo/Gasol won't have it easy at all, unlike against OKC. Conley couldn't keep Parker in front of him at all really, that's going to be a problem all series. Spurs are better in an up and down game, better in the halfcourt, and not much worse than Memphis defensively. I'm thinking Spurs in 5.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 20 May 2013, 00:13

Memphis took a shalacking.....big time.

But I do think they will recover and come back strong.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 20 May 2013, 00:15

T-Mac got in the game and the DJ played:

rofl rofl
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 20 May 2013, 02:34

Btw I think the Pacers will be beaten relatively easily by the Heat.

The only reason the Pacers defence works so well is they don't have to double and are able to put Hibbert in the paint to help out. The Heat don't have Chandlers who can't shoot...Bosh is going to score real easy or the Pacers will open the paint up.

Sure Stephenson and Green can do a decent job on Wade and Bron and they have the inside scoring and rebounding to hurt the Heat but without he defence in place...trouble.

Add on the Pacers turn the ball over too much....Heat in 6 at the very most, but I think 5.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 22 May 2013, 03:36

NBA Draft Lottery is rigged, period.

I'm one of those who never believed it was rigged, thought it was ridiculous. You have a supposed closed room with reps from every team so nothing shady is going to happen.

Even after Boston got screwed having in '07 #2 overall odds, and getting the 5th pick instead of #2 and Durant I still didn't believe it's rigged. When the Chicago Bulls with their .017% chance of winning the top pick, won it the year Derrick Rose, the Chicago kid, happened to be the best player.. I still didn't believe it was rigged. When LeBron left the Cavs and the very next draft the Cavs are awarded the #1 pick. When the Bobcats have historically the worst record ever and don't win the #1 pick when there was a massive difference between 1 & 2, I still didn't believe it.

But enough's enough. This crap is BLATANTLY rigged. The Cavs win the #1 overall pick again(I guess Irving wasn't enough), the Bobcats get screwed again at #4. The Wizards, with the same record as the Pistons get the #3 pick, while the Pistons end up below their record at #8.

The NBA is becoming as fake and scripted as the WWE, what a sad state of affairs.

edit: killed my enthusiasm to even watch this playoff game tonight, SMH.

quick mock draft off the top of my head:
1. Cleveland Cavs - C Nerlens Noel(surprise pick would be Otto Porter, but I think that's a reach)
2. Orlando Magic - SG Ben McLemore(makes too much sense, could use Burke also but I think they take McLemore)
3. Washington Wizards - SF Otto Porter(played college literally down the street, best SF in the draft)
4. Charlotte Bobcats - PF Anthony Bennett(obv they would've liked Noel but Bennett's a better scorer which is what they need more)
5. Phoenix Suns - SG Victor Oladipo(maybe they surprise and take Bazz, but I think Oladipo's the pick)
6. New Orleans Pelicans - PG Trey Burke(this ones tough, I think it's between Alex Len and Burke)
7. Sacramento Kings - PG CJ McCollum
8. Detroit Pistons - SG Shabazz Muhammed(this ones tough as well. They need a SG, SF and probably a PG. If McCollum drops I bet they take him)
9. Minnesota Timberwolves - SF Dario Saric(surprise pick as every mock I've seen has Saric in the late teens/twenties, but Minny loves international players, they need a wing and Saric has risen a little)
10. Portland Trailblazers - C Alex Len(if Len's not taken at 6 he'll drop here imo, should be an upgrade over Leonard)
11. Philadelphia 76ers - PF - Cody Zeller(assuming they keep Bynum, I think they take a PF here)
12. Oklahoma City Thunder - C Rudy Gobert(getting either Len or Gobert is best case scenario for the Thunder)
13. Dallas Mavericks - PG Michael Carter-Williams
14. Utah Jazz - PG Dennis Schroder(need a PG. Personally I believe Schroder will be better than MCW but will get drafted lower)
15. Milwaukee Bucks - SG Kentavias Caldwell-Pope(need a guard with Jennings and possibly Ellis gone)
16. Boston Celtics - C Stephen Adams
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 22 May 2013, 07:18

Spurs pulled out game 2.

They were up by anywhere from 14-18 for much of the game until the 4th quarter, where they only scored 11 points total(I believe) and 2 points in the final 5 minutes. They also did get robbed by the refs though. Late in the game, Memphis down 4, Tony Allen gets fouled hard on a breakaway layup, which was by no means a flagrant but he accentuates it like he slammed his head(he didn't, acting job) and the refs call it a flagrant foul. Makes 2 FT's and then Conley ties the game. If it was called a simple foul as it should've been, the game never would've went to OT. Refs wanted Memphis to even the series up, you could tell when they got into the bonus with 8 min left in the 4th quarter.

And Duncan as you would expect stepped up in the big moments of Overtime.

Also after being subjected to the performances of Tayshaun Prince like the rest of us the last 2 games, Jalen Rose had a nice quote: "All I know is when Rudy Gay played against the @Spurs he averaged 19 pts on 47% shooting."
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 22 May 2013, 16:37

Big win for the spurs I feel...2-0 puts a ton of pressure on the Grizz.

Lol at Jalen, can only appluad it, he is def right.

Dmize, which draft pick you think is most likely to suck, most likely to surprise everyone and most likely to be top scorer?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 22 May 2013, 22:21

Nerlens Noel is going to be a project especially if he doesn't put on weight, and his overall frame is kind of worrying. He's worse than Drummond offensively. Was a great shot blocker in college, but he doesn't have that natural length like Ant Davis or the athleticism of Drummond.

Most likely to suck(at least according to where they were picked): PF - Anthony Bennett.

He's got a lot of potential that he could eventually live up to, but I see a lot of Derrick Williams in his game. He doesn't play much D, plays more like a SF than PF. I don't see a top 3 or 5 pick here.

Best scorer from the class: SG - Ben McLemore

He's going to be a solid player but if he was in last years draft he probably goes around 8-13. But he can score in a variety of ways. Really good shooter from 3, can hit mid range. He can create his own shot, but he's not an iso player at all. If he gets to the rim he's an above average finisher there as well. And to my surprise he showed a lot of athleticism at the combine with a 42" max vert. You didn't see that much at Kansas, but then again you didn't see it with Barnes at UNC either. CJ McCollum isn't far behind him though for second best scorer imo.

Biggest surprise: PG - Dennis Schroeder

Lightning quick and can really shoot the ball, especially from 3. Only 19, played in Germanys top league. Never really heard much of him until I saw him play at the Nike Hoops Summit, where he was very good. Ran the pick and roll well, threw a couple good alley oop passes to Wiggins. He seems to have good vision as well. But what he really impressed was his speed(announcers were comparing him to Rondo in terms of speed), change of direction, and shooting ability. Not as good an overall scorer as Damian Lillard but he's faster, probably has better vision, and his 3 pt shot isn't much worse. If he ends up in a place like Utah, he will ball right away.

Other players I like in the draft:
Otto Porter - best SF and he plays well on both ends
Alex Len - really think he could be a very, very solid center down the line, and he will impact right away. 7'1 good size, moves well, defends well in the post, blocks shots, and can even step out a little and hit the midrange.
CJ McCollum - Only McLemore is a better scorer in this draft. And as far as PG prospects, it's him and Schroeder as far as best PG's in the draft, with Burke behind them. 6'3 with good wingspan, he can shoot from all over. Lacks great athleticism and speed but his first step looks good enough to beat defenders. He's an alright passer but he's got to improve his vision. He's a lot like Kyrie Irving-lite tbh, I really like his game. If he's there at 8, Detroit should take him. Great scouting video on him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1IgVnleed4
Trey Burke - More explosive and faster than McCollum, but not the scorer he is.
Dario Saric - admittedly haven't seen as much of him as the others but he looks like a better shooting Lamar Odom, really impressed with his vision for his size
Victor Oladipo - not as high on him as some scouts but his floor is probably a bigger Avery Bradley.
Ricardo Ledo - SG with great size 6'7. He's almost assuredly going in the 2nd round since he didn't qualify to play college, so someone will get an absolute steal. I honestly believe he's a top 15 talent maybe even top 10.

Players that are overrated, will underwhelm:
Michael Carter-Williams - everyone loves the fact that he's 6'6 and led the NCAA in assists but the rest of his game is complete garbage. Plus he went to Syracuse, and we all know they've produced exactly 1 good pro in over a decade.They also play zone 100% of the time :facepalm:
Kelly Olynyk - yeah he's got size, and offensively skilled but he's got zero athleticism, his defense is terrible, and he doesn't rebound well. At best he's bench scorer

Not sure on:
Shabazz Muhammad - Major hit or miss candidate. He could be a home run or a disaster.
Rudy Gobert - 7'2 great size, mobility all that, but his frame is really worrying. I think he weighs like 210.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed 22 May 2013, 23:07

And the lottery, after a day, I don't know about all out fixed but Cleveland getting two #1 picks in 3 years is insane. And to me, it looks like a blatant ploy by Stern to entice LeBron back to Cleveland in 2014. Is there a bigger money maker or better popularity move for the NBA than LeBron going back to Cleveland? hmm Imo it's all but done now:

Irving
Waiters
LeBron
Thompson
Noel

edit: and Andrew Wiggins is a lock for Charlotte now. 2014 is the first year that they will be the Hornets again(perfect Stern/Adam Silver storyline), and after getting the shaft lottery-wise the last couple years they will get rewarded.

Kemba and Wiggins is going to be Shocked

and I just realized Charlotte has 3(potentially) lottery picks in '14 draft. Probably around: #1, #9, #13. If they f this draft up they should be contracted.

Should take Len this year, then Wiggins, McGary, and Harrison/G.Harris.

Walker
A.Harrison
Wiggins
McGary
Len
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 23 May 2013, 05:58

WHAT A *bleep* GAME!!!!!

LeBron Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 23 May 2013, 07:47

Only managed to catch the last 5 minutes and then OT but what a finish. Paul George was great down the stretch, hit an incredible shot. And then on the last play, I'm not sure why Hibbert wasn't in the game? LeBron made a nice move and there was no help. Frank Vogels a real good coach but that was a mistake.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 23 May 2013, 17:13

Good info dmize. Ty

Poor decision by Vogel. He is a good stragiest but he got it wrong there.

His logic was not allow a Bosh jumper because Hibbert can't get around screens and gets sucked into the paint naturally.

But you got to defend the rim first and foremost. You got to protect the rim first from Bron and Wade and second tag Ray allen....Bosh is a distant third.

But also that was VERY poor from George....I have no idea why he played it so aggressively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 23 May 2013, 17:23

The Franchise wrote:Good info dmize. Ty

Poor decision by Vogel. He is a good stragiest but he got it wrong there.

His logic was not allow a Bosh jumper because Hibbert can't get around screens and gets sucked into the paint naturally.

But you got to defend the rim first and foremost. You got to protect the rim first from Bron and Wade and second tag Ray allen....Bosh is a distant third.

But also that was VERY poor from George....I have no idea why he played it so aggressively.

Any idea of what George was thinking?
That inbound was always going to be for Allen, the minute LBJ saw the space and no Hibbert, It was over.

This was the game Indy needed to steal, Game 2 will be a very different story.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu 23 May 2013, 19:51

What a game. LeGOAT :bow: Birdman :bow:

Paul George was immense, bar a few mistakes. I dont know what he was doing on Lebron at the end there, you gotta force him to shoot or something don't just give him the open lane to drive to the rim. He shouldnt have even been there tbh, Vogels fault for not putting Hibbert on him instead. Its forgivable after the performance he put in and those freethrows, made some big shots as well.

This will be a great series Proud

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 24 May 2013, 15:12

My only explanation is George thought he could steal the pass.....which is incredibly silly, you don't risk hat unless your 100%.

Or perhaps he thought like most end of game plays this will be a jumpshot and went tight..he foolishly didn't think maybe there was time for a lay up...Vogel maybe thought that too with the exclusion of Blue bbert. I dunno...stupid to think 2.2 isn't enough.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 25 May 2013, 04:42

GEORGE Shocked Just went past LeBron with such ease like he was Steve Nash and posterized Birdman :bow: This kid is going to be unbelievable if he keeps improving like this
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 25 May 2013, 04:59

LEBRON going crazy here. Just went lock down defense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat 25 May 2013, 05:23

Ray Allen and Battier. SMH.

Missing free throws and open 3's both games now.
Cost Miami the game.

Series will come down to the refs. It's a free throw series. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 25 May 2013, 05:47

Ray Allen didn't cost them anything. He played solid D the entire 2nd half, especially in the 4th. Scored a couple key baskets when Miami needed offense. He missed one three that I remember in the 4th quarter that was big. He had a below average game but hardly any reason for why they lost. Battier sucked though, and he's sucked the entire playoffs basically. Ray Allen was great in the first 2 series, and has only struggled the last 2 games.

LeBron trying to force the ball to Ray Allen 2x in a row, both turnovers in the closing minutes of the game hurt them. Bosh and Wade only going 12-28 hurt them more. Also Norris Cole and Chalmers are bringing the Heat slightly more than nothing at this point. Miami's offense as we know is depended on shooters making their threes so Battier, Ray Allen, Cole, Chalmers all have to starting make them. Battier especially because we've seen Indiana is going to leave him before they leave Ray Allen and he's not hitting. But it's hard to imagine the guys I listed above to keep missing the way they have the first 2 games. I believe all four of them have shot a combined 4-20 from three, which is pathetic. I don't see it continuing.

Most Roy Hibbert and Paul George just dominated them. And you saw what having Hibbert out there at the end of game did for the Pacers D. LeBron had to stop his drive, and force a bad pass.

That Paul George dunk was just ridiculous tho
the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 PgHOF_medium
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 25 May 2013, 08:04

Paul George is elite or on the verge at least if he keeps it up, that dunk was just the cherry on the cake

Heat need to just keep at what theyre doing, but... score Laughing

3 point shooters are struggling big time, same trend from game1. Lebron couldnt bail em out this time.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun 26 May 2013, 02:30

The first LeBron turnover late was a good pass, unlucky to not get through.. The second was just horrible though, I don't understand why he didn't just shoot.. He needs to pull up from 10-15 feet A LOT more, that would combat Hibbert's D down low
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun 26 May 2013, 08:58

Memphis rofl
John Hollinger
the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Mj-laughing

You can only rely on random ass Quincy Pondexter threes for so long. Conley and Gasol were have been great, but that's not enough. Spurs have defended them great.

edit: I was going to make a post earlier today about how the news of Duncans divorce was going to bring out the angry Duncan which would mean bad news for Memphis. He showed that, especially in OT.

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Facegasol
gave him his best Robben on Weidenfeller impression
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next