Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:21 am

Orlando and Houston did a absolutely terrible job lmao is pretty much my main takeaway.

Nice for Chicago and Denver tho and Danny " we almost did it " Ainge did it again.

I'm sure Fournier will make a massive impact Laughing Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Miami looking to get Aldridge too? Great squad if everyone stays healthy. Bam, Bjelica, Ariza, Butler, Hero, Robinson, playoff Igoudala, Dipo, Dragic and Nunn is already pretty good but add LMA for 20-25 minutes a night. I jump them up to 3rd best team in the East despite their record.

Playoff Rondo to the Clippers. Also a great move, running him out there with Leonard, George, Batum and Ibaka is a really solid 5. But if it doesnt work, I say this Clippers thing is over.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:22 pm

yea i'm liking Miami now too... they've just been a different team with Jimmy out there, he really is their guy. They have enough pieces now to be a threat in the East playoffs.

agree on Clippers as well. They should at least be making the West finals and putting in good playoff performances as a team for Kawhi and PG13 to stay on
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:42 am

While checking last night's results I noticed this:
Zion played 39 mins and had a +13. (And had a crazy good game in the loss to the Nuggets).
Ingram played 37 mins and had a -29.

Is that the wildest plus/minus stat ever (considering it's two starters who both played big minutes)?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:28 am

watching Porzingis last night without Doncic in the team, i'm convinced they'll never work together. When Doncic plays everything revolves too much around him. Porzingis needs to have the ball more to get the feel of the game and get going. So Porzingis' ideal co-star probably needs to be a wing and not a ball-centred guard to get the best version of him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:24 am

This is so slick by Jokic:
https://streamable.com/theo0v
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Adams caught sleeping
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:57 pm

LaMarcus Aldridge to the Nets

Drummond to Lakers, Clippers or Heat? Playoffs are going to be fun this year

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 am

How cool

Harden, Kyrie, Durant, Aldridge, Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan all on the same team Laughing

Of course, the first 4 there are the only ones worth really writing home about, but I mention the other ones because of their name. Imagine this was 2015 or 2016...oh my.

Anyway, I give up with the Bucks. Another disappointing year incoming Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:36 am

3 of those guys are irrelevant lol.

People losing their minds over Aldridge when he's been net negative for like 2 years and the Spurs literally paid him to f off is hilarious.

Dunno why people overreact to buyout market guys, there's a reason they've been bought out.

Joe Johnson in Miami a few years back is probably the best case scenario but more often than not they have at best minimal impact and often it's less than that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:55 am

Aldridge was a walking corpse this season, barely defending and shooting bricks from the 3PT line
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:58 pm

Drummond to Lakers. I wanted to see him on the Heat or the Clippers but that’s alright

Nets vs Lakers finals please

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Read the first line of my post and then responded. I literally say in the second sentence that only the first four I listed were actually worth writing home about Laughing I just listed all of them because the power of the name. Writing it all out like that would be wild to someone from a couple years ago.

Obviously Aldridge, Griffin, and DJ don't have much left in the tank.

Still, Aldridge is a good player and the fact that Nets have him for as little as they have him is crazy. But I guess it's more fashionable to argue he's a negative on a team. I'd rather have him than Drummond
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:3 of those guys are irrelevant lol.

People losing their minds over Aldridge when he's been net negative for like 2 years and the Spurs literally paid him to f off is hilarious.

Dunno why people overreact to buyout market guys, there's a reason they've been bought out.

Joe Johnson in Miami a few years back is probably the best case scenario but more often than not they have at best minimal impact and often it's less than that.

Well buyouts are not always because they can't be used.

Often they're bought out because they're too useful and not in the future plans of a team.

That said. League dumb as hell. Everyone jumping to same two teams rofl

Dmize out here fuming. Still remember how he said Drummond was a better talent than AD.

Miss that dude Molenation
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:12 pm

they're just ring chasing lol, im not slightly bothered by them going to the same two teams because they're not flipping the scales at all

CBarca wrote:Read the first line of my post and then responded. I literally say in the second sentence that only the first four I listed were actually worth writing home about Laughing I just listed all of them because the power of the name. Writing it all out like that would be wild to someone from a couple years ago.

Still, Aldridge is a good player and the fact that Nets have him for as little as they have him is crazy. But I guess it's more fashionable to argue he's a negative on a team. I'd rather have him than Drummond

dude have you watched Aldridge this season? Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Nah i was gonna post about it anyway, all i saw all day on Twitter about how it's unfair etc lol.

It's all about names for these people and think pts and rebounds averages dictate impact.

Reality is Joe Harris is gonna be more impactful than all those guys but that doesn't sell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:42 pm

Drummond is a presence in the interior at least, i think it's a good move by Lakers

The kind of move you make when you are genuinely chasing the ring, overall it improves the squad unlike the Nets, now they become a real head scratcher to defend

Schroder
Caldwell-Pope
LeBron
Davis
Drummond
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:15 am

he's another body sure, will pull down a few more rebounds here and there and get Lakers some second-chance opportunities... but in the playoffs how much can you trust him???

and the guy can't even make a free throw to save his life
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:17 am

Zion is ridiculous lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:they're just ring chasing lol, im not slightly bothered by them going to the same two teams because they're not flipping the scales at all

CBarca wrote:Read the first line of my post and then responded. I literally say in the second sentence that only the first four I listed were actually worth writing home about Laughing I just listed all of them because the power of the name. Writing it all out like that would be wild to someone from a couple years ago.

dude have you watched Aldridge this season? Laughing

He hasn't been great but it's also clear that the Spurs have been moving away from LaMarcus and de-emphasizing his role. Is that partially his fault? Yeah, the guy needs to shoot more threes and although he's gotten better at it, he clearly still doesn't feel the need to reinvent himself as a Brook Lopez-esque player, and that's on him.

But the Spurs were moving away from him and he was aware of that.

I'll judge Aldridge when we see him healthy and on a team he wants to be on. I don't think anyone believes he's a superstar anymore because he's not. However, he will give Nets a lot of good minutes, especially relative to the contract he's on. Every team in the league would have taken LaMarcus on a buyout.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:50 pm

someone pls tell me why Jokic and Booker aren't being discussed in the MVP conversation?!?! instead we get Dame Lillard and CP3 narratives from ESPN :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:18 pm

I see weekly posts about Jokic in the MVP conversation

I've never seen Booker though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Yeah, Jokic has been in the convo all season.

We know ElG only gets basketball news from Cowherd, Broussard, Marcellus and other boneheads, which would explain the lack of Jokic.

That said. Booker as MVP Laughing fuck outta here
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 pm

El Gunner wrote:he's another body sure, will pull down a few more rebounds here and there and get Lakers some second-chance opportunities... but in the playoffs how much can you trust him???

and the guy can't even make a free throw to save his life

Hard to find anyone more capable at defending Embiid and Jokic in the league.

He’s got the best defensive hands for any Center out there. It’s not often you see a Center be top 3 in steals.

He might be a bad fit against certain teams. But then again, we might just make life miserable on other teams by being big.

I see those stats and I think Drummond might benefit from having a playmaker giving him easy looks.

There’s a reason JaVale has like 20% higher FG% last year and Dwight almost 10%. LeBron will really gel with Drummond, who has never played with a great passer before, from my recollection. And now he’s gonna be playing the best ever.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:14 am

Freeza wrote:Yeah, Jokic has been in the convo all season.

We know ElG only gets basketball news from Cowherd, Broussard, Marcellus and other boneheads, which would explain the lack of Jokic.

That said. Booker as MVP Laughing fuck outta here

what? why are you lying like this? you are talking as if you have a memo log of my online activity... just because i may have posted a video or reference of those guys here once doesn't mean that's where i get all my media information from

And why not Booker? He is clearly the best player on his team that sit second in the almighty West. Sure, CP3 is the glue that makes everything look better, but Booker is their offensive spark, the closer and THE GUY on that team. You might as well just say you haven't watched enough Suns games this season, if any.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next