McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Sat 06 Jul 2013, 23:55

Pistons sign Josh Smith.

4 years/56 million

Doesn't make sense to me unless they trade Monroe. Smith can't play the 3.

edit: maybe they go after Rondo, but Ainge better demand Drummond

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by McAgger Sun 07 Jul 2013, 00:51

Cavs agree 4 years worth 26mill with Jarret Jack
Kings agree 4 years worth 26mill with Carl Landry

Well guess we'll have to look elsewhere as both will be pretty big losses especially Jack.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 08 Jul 2013, 01:57

Summer league. Celtics pick Kelly Olynyk scored 25 points on 9-12, 2-4 apparently, I didnt see the game. Maybe I'll be wrong about him, and he turns into a poor mans Dirk.

Trey Burke tho: 1-12 Suspect
Carter Williams took 23 shots to get 26 points what a joke

Just watched Jason Kidd coach his first game, he got a technical in Summer League lmao. Drummond didn't even really play well but had 12 points, 16 rebounds, 6 blocks, 5 steals. Also Tony Mitchell looks like a beast, he's going to be one of the best 2nd rounders no doubt. Their 1st rounder Caldwell-Pope was horrible shooting the ball 0-8 from 3, that can't continue obviously. Detroits gonna be counting on him and Knight a whole lot to space the floor.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 08 Jul 2013, 02:04

I feel as though Detroit ain't done making moves. Would Monroe and a filler get them Rondo?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 08 Jul 2013, 02:41

Le Samourai wrote:I feel as though Detroit ain't done making moves. Would Monroe and a filler get them Rondo?

I like Monroe, and if Ainge is bent on trading Rondo(I dont think he is), I think he would eventually take Monroe but he would try for Drummond first I would guess.

As much as I would love to see Rondo/Smith/Drummond, Idk how the floor spacing would work out with that. Rondo would need to comeback from his injury with a legit jumpshot. It could work if they added a deadeye shooter at the 3 maybe, since Smith spaces better as a 4.

Dumars said they are looking for shooters still. No idea who's out there. They are really going to start Smith at SF. The defense/rebounding will be unbelievable, but the offense? A lot of low scoring games probably. They will be entertaining to watch though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 08 Jul 2013, 03:11

I'm not sure about whether they need a shooter or a flat out scorer. Because of Smith's versatility in transition and his play making - I think he won't need to clog the lane unnecessarily. A man still needs to cover him even if he doesn't shoot it well.

In the halfcourt is the problem. Smith isn't a first option, but you get Rondo and by default he's the first scoring option. They probably have the idea they're going to run and gun and not worry about halfcourt - but I think with their potential offensive rebounding - a real isolation scorer would be worth it.

Of course i they can sign a perimeter oriented guy it's 2 birds with one stone. Say they get Rudy and Lowry from Toronto.

Lowry
KCP
Gay
Smith
Drummond

With some shooters and spacers on the bench.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 08 Jul 2013, 03:50

That's a more functional team I think, at least on paper.

The contract Smith got really isn't that bad tbh, I've come around to the thinking that right now it's an alright signing. He made more in ATL last year than he will this year I believe. Plus most FA's aren't going to Detroit and if you have a chance to get talent that may attract other talent, you probably should do it. If it's a disaster, well after 1 year he's moveable.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 08 Jul 2013, 03:54

Steve Kerr:
He’s an All-Star, a great player, but I don’t think he’s a superstar at this stage of his career. Even though it feels like Houston hit a home run and the Lakers struck out, I wouldn’t count on it. Dwight’s a physical specimen and an incredible presence defensively, but it’s tough to run your offense through him. He’s not a good passer, and you can’t rely on him to get baskets down the stretch against a really good defense.

Can't say I disagree with any of that.

Omer Asik wants out. He doesn't want to backup Howard and I can't blame him. McHale won't play them together much. But Houston said they have no plans to trade him(maybe to keep his value up).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon 08 Jul 2013, 07:14

howard as a step 1 is decent. i know lin was wayyyy overpaid, but with a legit big man maybe he can play a bit better, i thought he did a great job with amare the season before, albeit thats when the league wasnt "ready" for him yet. anyhow ryan anderson would be a very nice addition, but unless they acquire a strong bench (because their starters are just strong, not ridiculous), i dont see him winning anything yet.

ps. did anyone see that video sheldon from big bang theory did to recruit howard to houston Very Happy

josh smiths move i dont understand, unless dumars had a grand scheme to win it all and convinced josh smith somehow. if i remember correctly, last season josh smith could had a contract extension that gets him 17m per, but he rejected cuz he wanted closer to 19m per, and after this season where he performed admirably, he gets 14m per contract. (all similar length) what was the motive of this move? just to be with a young team that has some potential?
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 08 Jul 2013, 20:14

^ My guess is Detroit was one of the few, if only, team that was going to allow him to be an SF and give him that money. He did say one of the reasons was because of the front court potential also.

edit: Rasheed Wallace is now an assistant coach with the Pistons Laughing Awesome

Warriors sign Speights, nice Landry replacement

Chris Kaman signed by the Lakers
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 09 Jul 2013, 04:20

Asik should take his talents to South Beach smoking 

Mike Miller should get amnestied, Joel Anthony should be released if possible also...
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 09 Jul 2013, 06:47

I like the Speights deal. He's very reliable, like Landry, off the bench which is exactly what we needed and is much cheaper. Now only a Jack replacement left. Need a back up point guard unless Nedovic turns into something special, which I doubt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 03:48

Don't know who's off season has been more shit. The knicks or arsenal... :facepalm: 

ffs... all l want is for Arsenal to sign a Striker who's better than giroud and NY to get a point guard who's better than Felton and ill be happy...
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu 11 Jul 2013, 04:47

Bynum to Cleveland. Shrewd move! Very nice risk-reward deal.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 11 Jul 2013, 19:11

Only 6m guaranteed too, if he doesn't play, it's not a huge loss. Nice pickup.

Pistons signed Luigi Datome, the Italian League MVP last year. Looks to be a good shooter and above average athlete at 6'9. He was set to sign with the Celtics before they blew it up. San Antonio had interest which is a great sign considering how well they've done internationally.

And they brought back Chauncey Billups, idk how much he has left as a player, but he can mentor Knight and give them some leadership.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 11 Jul 2013, 19:18

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9468452/dwight-howard-wanted-end-kobe-bryant-era-los-angeles-lakers

So Dwight really asked the Lakers if they'd consider amnestying Kobe LMAO
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 11 Jul 2013, 19:57

dmize wrote:http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9468452/dwight-howard-wanted-end-kobe-bryant-era-los-angeles-lakers

So Dwight really asked the Lakers if they'd consider amnestying Kobe LMAO

Dwights demands.

-Fire D'Antoni
-Amnesty Kobe
-Trade Pau
-Trade Nash

Good Luck Mchale and Harden Laughing 
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 12 Jul 2013, 02:19

If Kobe does not return to his pre-injury form, amnestying him wouldn't be a bad idea considering he makes 30 *bleep* million.. Dwight's rep's asking for it is wrong though, they should of been slapped Laughing 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 12 Jul 2013, 02:45

Kirilenko to the Nets for the Mid Level. He opted out of 10m to take 3m, wow. Nets should have a pretty solid 2nd unit now: Livingston, Terry, Kirilenko, Evans, Blatche.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 12 Jul 2013, 22:31

Orlando Summer League about to finish up. Best rookies that I saw were Oladipo(hes not a PG though, they need to end that experiment), Kelly Olynyk, Hill from the Pacers, and KCP. Caldwell-Pope came on strong in his last 3 games: 18ppg, 47% and 35% from 3. Tony Mitchell and Peyton Siva also impressed for 2nd rounders. If Siva doesn't make Detroits roster, I have no doubts he will be snatched up immediately.
Steven Adams was impressive at times too. Nice stroke for a 7 footer, and more athletic than I thought. No idea why guys like David Aldridge hated on the pick. He was the 2nd best C after Len imo. He's already the best offensive Center on their roster.

2 of the worst: Trey Burke and Carter-Williams.
I'm bored at work and broke down their 4 game stats, who was worse?

Trey Burke: 13-54 24% shooting, 1-19 3pt 5%, 4.0 APG, 2.25TPG
MCW: 18-69 26% shooting, 2-15 3pt 13%, 7.25APG, 5.25TPG

Burke put on one of the worst shooting displays I've seen on any level, ever. While Carter-Williams turned the ball over at ridiculous rates and didn't shoot much better.

I think Burke will be better but his ceiling is a backup PG/6th man type. MCW's shot is broken worse than Austin Rivers, and while he's got height and good vision, that's all he's got really. But 6'5 with good passing should keep him around for a while no matter how bad his shooting sucks.

Non Rookies:
Reggie Jackson had 35 points(18 in a row at one point). Idk why he was even playing Laughing but it was fun to watch. Jeremy Lamb almost topped him the next night. 32 points on 10-14. Some PG that played for the Thunder, Dwight Buycks got a contract from the Raptors based on his performance, I guess Lowry's backup? Drummond averaged 15/15/3/2, he looked like I would against 7th graders on a Nerf hoop.

Vegas League just started. Knicks w/ Shumpert/CJ Leslie vs Pelicans w/ Austin Rivers. I want to see Bennett, Len, Zeller, Otto Porter, McLemore, and Schroeder.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:18

so i heard nets have to pay around 70million in luxury tax.... is nets the chelsea of nba now? Very Happy
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 12 Jul 2013, 23:23

I wonder how much luxury tax the Lakers have been paying over the years hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 13 Jul 2013, 01:24

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets--deal-with-andrei-kirilenko-raises-suspicions-from-nba-rivals-180604173.html

When I first read the deal... my first thought was "well he's probably getting the other 7m under the table from Prohkorov". Turns out that could be the case? Wow.

edit: article also answers your question, Tonger. They have to pay 82mill in Lux taxes Shocked Yes they have become Chelsea lol
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 13 Jul 2013, 01:35

dat finish
rofl at the celebration
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 13 Jul 2013, 06:15

Monta Ellis joins the Mavs hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon 15 Jul 2013, 03:05

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bml/andre-drummond-teenage-dunk-monster-murderizes-nba-summer-le

had me rofl

For Vegas SL: Zeller for the Bobcats, looked good in the game today. He may not be that much of a reach afterall, but obv it's 1 game in summer league. CJ McCollum is gonna be nasty though(like I called :king: ). It's too bad he ended up in Portland though. He needs to play PG. Utah, Philly or Atlanta would've been much better spots for him. But he'll be real nice off the bench for them. Also Meyers Leonard is an absolutely stiff. This guy sucks, I thought he was supposed to be NBA ready. Stephen Adams, and Len will both be better.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next