How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes?

+13
timzink
ExtremistEnigma
Juveman17
iNFINITY9910
Lupi
LeBéninois
Lex
FennecFox7
Tomwin Lannister
Kick
Berbatov
AltoZ
BarcaLearning
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes? Empty How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes?

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Since I feel a lot of good people here that really knows football Smile I wanted to see your opinions on just how Lampard is u think?

For me simply put, hes one of the most overrated players Laughing Sure hes one of Englands best midfielders, but thats that, compared with the world's elite midfielders hes just not up there. But I cant be exactly 100% sure, since as we know, he kept out Deco and Ballack at Chelsea, as he consistently scored 15 or so goals for them a season, but for me thats his main strength, and he takes like 5 shots off target for 1 that does seems to me, his game control, creativeness, final ball, technique, ball retention, etc., are way off the best midfielders in the world. Was he just more suitable for the EPL style? Hes still relied on often nowadays...

I remember him mostly failing in Europe and international stage though, thats for sure. He finally proved that he can step up at the highest level probably last season in the CL...

For Scholes, he peaked earlier than Lampard I think? So im not so sure, since I didnt really watch him as much. But I remember way back 99 or so, my friend a Man U fan commented that Man U were a perfect team except Scholes needs to be bit more creative. That for some reason just stuck to my mind. Over the years I know all about the praises he gets, but was he really that good? What were his biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks and looking forward to all your opinions Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes? Empty Re: How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes?

Post by AltoZ Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0lRnnIUI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_5QhKnt1k

Mad?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes? Empty Re: How highly do u rate Lampard and Scholes?

Post by Berbatov Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Not sure whether to laugh or cringe. I don't really understand why many football fans from other nations tend to call English footballers the most overrated. Lampard in no way was overrated. In his prime he was amongst the best midfielders in the world.
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:14 am

Lampard overrated? Yeah, second best player in the world after Dinho is overrated.... Go watch him during 04/05 and you will understand. He is one of the best midfielders of his generation! And in my mind, they greatest goal scoring midfielder of all time!

Not only does he work harder than everyone else, for long periods of his career he played basically every game with injury and no matter the manager, was undroppable untill this season (I still maintain he should be a starter, he's 34 now two.)

He may not be remembered as a great creator like Pirlo or Xavi or a great destroyer like Makelele but he will be regarded as the best goal scorer out of all of them and it's not like goals are important or anything.....oh wait, they are.

The amount of times he has popped up late on to score a winning goal was incredible. Also, basically all of the goals scored by us against Barca last season were provided by Lampard. At the age of 33 too, not sure how many 33 year olds can do that!

So yeah, overrated as hell. rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:20 am

They're not overrated tbh, at least they weren't years ago. Overrated English players are more about the younger ones who play a good 4 games and are the next 'Insert big name' here
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:23 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:They're not overrated tbh, at least they weren't years ago. Overrated English players are more about the younger ones who play a good 4 games and are the next 'Insert big name' here

Basically every Englishman who plays for city minus Hart is overrated. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:27 am

There are alot of english players that are overrated

But lampard and scholes? Those are literally the two worst choices..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:42 am

Lampard's finished with double figures in both goals and assists in almost every season throughout most of his Chelsea career, with his best ratio being 27 goals and 20 assists in 2009. Stop me when I get to the overrated part
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:44 am

Lampard is a not overrated, WC midfielder who has scored importants goals .

His only main weakness is of course the failure with the national team , even if it's not his fault directly.

I'm more interested by Scholes . I didn't see him in his prime and i didn't even see him play that much as a whole. From what i saw i see him as a consistent player ala Giggs but i've never witnessed some magical moment or action from him. Oddly, i have always thought that with England he was the main asset .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:46 am

Very Happy I rate Lampard really high , he is a great person , a true capitan ,but scholes has declined after having 3 or 4 years of top level even though he was still doing a decent job for his team but he was no longer reflecting his capability
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:54 am

I can see where the term 'overrated' is coming towards Lamps, its mostly because the England team is not successful in the final stages of the world cups or euros, IMO. but for Chelsea and WH before that Lamps has been phenomenal. and all reasons are above Razz
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:54 am

Epoto wrote: Very Happy I rate Lampard really high , he is a great person , a true capitan ,but scholes has declined after having 3 or 4 years of top level even though he was still doing a decent job for his team but he was no longer reflecting his capability

Thanks , this is what i thought about Scholes even if Zidane was making sweet comments about him .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 am

Also, Becks, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney and many more have failed to deliver for the national team. Not a weakness, the team has just never clicked.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:04 am

Bénin wrote:
Epoto wrote: Very Happy I rate Lampard really high , he is a great person , a true capitan ,but scholes has declined after having 3 or 4 years of top level even though he was still doing a decent job for his team but he was no longer reflecting his capability

Thanks , this is what i thought about Scholes even if Zidane was making sweet comments about him .

well i do know that but the question is not "what zidane thinks or henry think " its about my opinion
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:11 am

Epoto wrote:
Bénin wrote:

well i do know that but the question is not "what zidane thinks or henry think " its about my opinion

I was just saying that Zidane's comments were nice but could have made people ranking `Scholes higher than he is
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:15 am

well a bit of topic but

you gotta realize that even if scholes was a bad player (which he wasnt) zidane would still make the same comments to save his face and name
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:36 am

Gerrard is overrated by the English media same for Scholes. Although they are legends and I respect them deeply, they do not deserve to be in any conversation involving the top 10 midfielders in the world currently. But Lampard is a *bleep* monster so he is rated correctly.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 am

juveman17 wrote:Gerrard is overrated by the English media same for Scholes. Although they are legends and I respect them deeply, they do not deserve to be in any conversation involving the top 10 midfielders in the world currently. But Lampard is a *bleep* monster so he is rated correctly.

Gerrard was England's best player at the EUROs. Also, comparing Scholes with Gerrard AT THIS MOMENT? I stopped reading after that...
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:22 am

they are in no way overrated . they have been exceptional professionals over the years and deserve all the praise and recognition they get .

that scholes volley from a beckham corner was unbelievable
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:25 am

Bénin wrote:
Epoto wrote:
Bénin wrote:

I was just saying that Zidane's comments were nice but could have made people ranking `Scholes higher than he is

Wow @ the opinions... I didnt really watch Lampard until I starting liking Chelsea a bit towards the end of Mou's time at Chelsea, so probably missed most of his best times... but probably I compare him to the likes of top midfielders in Europe nowadays, different types of players. But still, I think his best attribute is goals and style suited for the English game more. As we know, Chelsea in Europe and on the international stage just didnt make it, until last season for Chelsea anyway, but not directly his fault. I guess I can appreciate him more Thumbs up

As for Scholes, his peak was even earlier, so many the old times more would have a more accurate opinion Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Lampards best attribute is not his goal scoring record IMO, for his work rate and the attitude and respect towards the game is his best. He is easily one of the most hard working lads on the field. When he was 23 it was the same and even now its the same. He is like one of the best role models IMO.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Scholes is one of the best CM to play the game. Watch him in his prime and you won't be making this thread.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Scholes was a genius. Showed veratility and intelligence throughout his career. Started off as a striker, then dripped deeper to a SS, then dropped deeper into cm, then became a deep lying playmaker.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Gerrard is overrated by the English media same for Scholes. Although they are legends and I respect them deeply, they do not deserve to be in any conversation involving the top 10 midfielders in the world currently. But Lampard is a *bleep* monster so he is rated correctly.

Gerrard was England's best player at the EUROs. Also, comparing Scholes with Gerrard AT THIS MOMENT? I stopped reading after that...

1. Gerard had an average performance at best in the Euros. Literally ran out of energy while running. Don't remember him shining at all vs Italy. Clearly he is still a great midfielder, but he is overrated to an extent for being the captain of England. Not one of the top midfielders anymore and that's the sad truth.

2. I am not comparing Scholes and Gerrard as players. I'm saying the English media still try to hype them up and call them top midfielders when their age has clearly slowed them down and shown that they aren't.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm

I actually do remember both Lampard and Scholes in their prime, and they were world class players. Even in their age, they're still at a good enough level to play in top leagues. Respect.

Ah, the golden age of the PL Proud
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum