Rev
Lex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
76 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Suarez Bites Again - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez Bites Again

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Man there goes our chances of doing anything next season. Ffs he'll miss 6 games next season at the start. That's already more than 1/5th of the league over. Sad

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 am

Time for Andy Carroll to step up bounce
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 am

10 games if harsh. 5-7 game ban would have been more apprioprite IMO
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 am

FA will somehow fit in Pool v United game and United v Pool game in the first 6 matches next season.

Suarez Bites Again - Page 11 123n7r
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrid_Machine Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:24 am

Suarez is cool, but honestly sometimes he's very stupid.

And i also believe that 10 days ban is way to much.

Last edited by Madrid_Machine on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Madrid_Machine
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 am

Well, he already got a 7 match ban for biting in the Netherlands, IIRC. If he shows that he hasn't learned from that, he needs a longer ban as repeat offender.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 pm

I would also like to say shame on Liverpool for donating the fine to a Hillsborough charity and trying to use that as a means to lessen the impact of Suarez's act. Yes, that is exactly what they did if it hasn't occurred to you.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:I would also like to say shame on Liverpool for donating the fine to a Hillsborough charity and trying to use that as a means to lessen the impact of Suarez's act. Yes, that is exactly what they did if it hasn't occurred to you.

:bow: congratulations everybody, we've officially seen the most absurd reason to criticize liverpool. it took a long time and a lot of effort on everybody's part, but we finally made it!!!
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:I would also like to say shame on Liverpool for donating the fine to a Hillsborough charity and trying to use that as a means to lessen the impact of Suarez's act. Yes, that is exactly what they did if it hasn't occurred to you.

:bow: congratulations everybody, we've officially seen the most absurd reason to criticize liverpool. it took a long time and a lot of effort on everybody's part, but we finally made it!!!
Make of it what you will, you still didn't point out any reason why I'm wrong.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm

I thought the exact same thing as Barrett when I heard he had asked for his fine to be donated

Last edited by Lex on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Lex wrote:I thought the exact same thing as Barrett when I heard he had asked for his fined to be donated

Same
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm

"They made him donate to charity, that must be fake and is therefore terrible. How dare they contribute that money to a legitimate cause."

I really have to explain this?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm

charity donation would also be tax deductible more than likely
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

stevieg8 wrote:"They made him donate to charity, that must be fake and is therefore terrible. How dare they contribute that money to a legitimate cause."

I really have to explain this?
They donated the money to charity to make us all say "oh well he was wrong but he's apologised and oh look he donated the money to a charity. All is well and all is forgiven"

Surely even somewhere behind your bias, you know its very fishy to donate it to a charity.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:57 pm

This season MLS are requiring that all player wage fines go to charity. Is that "fishy"?

It's merely ensuring that even when a player does something wrong something decent comes out of it. Nothing to do with the player or the incident, it's all about the money going to a good cause. Maybe if YOU GOT PAST YOUR BIAS you'd be able to recognize that the motivation behind the donation of fined wages matters less than the fact that they're managing to achieve some decency out of an otherwise nasty incident.

Rather than attacking the club for taking this action, you could put that faux outrage toward a more reasonable case such as why other clubs haven't/don't do the same, why the FA doesn't do so, etc etc.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Wait...you mean in Europe when a player is fined it doesn't always go to charity??

IIRC pretty much all fines in U.S sports go to charity, except I think NFL which puts them in a fun for concussion research or something
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Swanhends wrote:Wait...you mean in Europe when a player is fined it doesn't always go to charity??

IIRC pretty much all fines in U.S sports go to charity, except I think NFL which puts them in a fun for concussion research or something
No, in Europe fined wages do not go to charity, because to do so means that there is obviously an agenda. And, since Suarez has done so, it is obviously a disgusting act in general to support charities in England. Expect the PM to come out in the next few days expressing his distress at the situation and urging the Parliament to ban charities on general principles.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Tbf to Barrett, a spokeswoman for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign was hardly pleased to accept the donation.

Even went as far as saying they are being exploited.

So Barrett isn't the only one who feels that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf to Barrett, a spokeswoman for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign was hardly pleased to accept the donation.

Her opinions weren't echoed by the actual charity that accepted the donation though, so please don't mis-characterize the situation.,
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Fair enough, she shouldn't speak on behalf of the charity then if its not something they feel. :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf to Barrett, a spokeswoman for the Hillsborough Justice Campaign was hardly pleased to accept the donation.

Her opinions weren't echoed by the actual charity that accepted the donation though, so please don't mis-characterize the situation.,

I thought the entire point of a spokesperson was to speak on an organizations behalf?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fair enough, she shouldn't speak on behalf of the charity then if its not something they feel. :coffee:
She spoke of her feelings, not the charity's; much as how journo's on twitter specify that the views espoused there are "their own" and "do not reflect" the feelings or opinions of the paper/news agency they work for.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm not getting into the debate of why the money was donated. But at the end of the day the charity got some money and the end product is good.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 pm

RedOranje wrote:This season MLS are requiring that all player wage fines go to charity. Is that "fishy"?

It's merely ensuring that even when a player does something wrong something decent comes out of it. Nothing to do with the player or the incident, it's all about the money going to a good cause. Maybe if YOU GOT PAST YOUR BIAS you'd be able to recognize that the motivation behind the donation of fined wages matters less than the fact that they're managing to achieve some decency out of an otherwise nasty incident.

Rather than attacking the club for taking this action, you could put that faux outrage toward a more reasonable case such as why other clubs haven't/don't do the same, why the FA doesn't do so, etc etc.
Completely different situation and does not apply to this at all. That is a rule being put in place by the footballing body. Don't know how you can bring that up.

And please spare me. I'm sure if Ian Ayre was asked he would probably say the same thing you're saying. The rest of us aren't that naive. I can imagine those in charge of that charity organisation would know they're being used as a "shock absorber" but of course they aren't going to say anything. They're using the money for a good cause afterall, so there would be no need.

We can as well donate money from police bail to charities, doesn't make the actual cause of the bail(in this case, fine) any more acceptable. Didn't work for them anyway, so I couldn't be bothered. Just pointing out the sneaky little thing Liverpool thought they'd done.

It was all an attempt at damage control. And how do you know other clubs don't donate their fines to charity btw? Because they don't announce that they did?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
RedOranje wrote:This season MLS are requiring that all player wage fines go to charity. Is that "fishy"?

Completely different situation and does not apply to this at all. That is a rule being put in place by the footballing body. Don't know how you can bring that up.

And please spare me. I'm sure if Ian Ayre was asked he would probably say the same thing you're saying. The rest of us aren't that naive. I can imagine those in charge of that charity organisation would know they're being used as a "shock absorber" but of course they aren't going to say anything. They're using the money for a good cause afterall, so there would be no need.

We can as well donate money from police bail to charities, doesn't make the actual cause of the bail(in this case, fine) any more acceptable. Didn't work for them anyway, so I couldn't be bothered. Just pointing out the sneaky little thing Liverpool thought they'd done.

It was all an attempt at damage control. And how do you know other clubs don't donate their fines to charity btw? Because they don't announce that they did?

I brought up MLS because by your argument THAT would be a league-wide damage control measure... but then it's not Suarez so it's not worth criticism, is it? I also specifically suggested that other clubs/leagues should follow the examples set by both MLS and LFC... but that point seems to have escaped you in your rush to justify your fake outrage.

And you think clubs would donate WITHOUT making it known? Now who's being naive?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I brought up MLS because by your argument THAT would be a league-wide damage control measure... but then it's not Suarez so it's not worth criticism, is it? I also specifically suggested that other clubs/leagues should follow the examples set by both MLS and LFC... but that point seems to have escaped you in your rush to justify your fake outrage.

And you think clubs would donate WITHOUT making it known? Now who's being naive?
Oh come off it mate. There's simply no correlation between both situations. On one hand you have a league rule put in place which all the clubs have to adhere, whether they want to or not. On the other hand you have a club donating to charity as a form of damage control to avoid a lengthy ban for their star player. Apples and oranges.

Yes, they would. I'm not saying the definitely do this as I don't know for sure, but you don't know that they wouldn't either. Especially fines that aren't announced to the public.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next