tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:25 am

Viviano heavily linked with Arsenal. A move looks likely Sad

Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Viviano heavily linked with Arsenal. A move looks likely Sad

And just like that my selected formation goes out the window lol. Here's my second attempt.

Out of the names being linked with a move to and away our club, this seems likely:

Stekelenburg (Lobont)

Cassetti (Cicinho) Burdisso (Burdisso) Juan (Ogbonna?) Angel (Crescenzi)

Pizarro (Brighi) De Rossi (Perrotta) Simplicio (Bertolacci)

Bojan (Taddei) Totti (Borriello) Lamela (Okaka)

In: Stekelenburg, Angel, Lamela, Bojan, Crescenzi (back from loan), Cicinho (back from loan), Okaka (back from loan), Bertolacci (promoted from Primavera).

Out: Julio Sergio, Doni, Curci, Rosi, Mexes, Loria, Riise, Greco, Vucinic, Menez, Castellini (end of loan).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would prefer this lineup (once again taking into account only the players we've been linked to recently):

Sergio (Curci/Lobont)

Crescenzi (Cassetti) Juan (Kjaer) Burdisso (Burdisso) Riise (Angel)

Pizarro (Greco) De Rossi (Perrotta) Bertolacci (Simplicio/Verratti)

Bojan (Taddei) Totti (Borriello) Vucinic (Lamela)

In: Kjaer, Angel, Verratti, Lamela, Bojan, Curci (back from loan),Crescenzi (back from loan), Bertolacci (promoted from Primavera).

Out: Doni, Cicinho, Rosi, Loria, Castellini (end of loan), Brighi, Menez, Okaka.

I think we could rely on Julio Sergio for this season, with Curci as a very solid choice as a back up keeper. I would give Crescenzi faith and play him quite often. He's done well this past year and deserves a shot. Kjaer would be a good back up and could even rotate to give Juan and N. Burdisso a break. I think Riise is still a very good player and could do with the competition of Angel. I'm pretty confident that Angel could even play higher up the pitch so it allows for some flexibility. I would give Bertolacci some faith as well and play him in the first team. We can't count on Pizarro to play week in and week out, so Greco could fill in his shoes quite competently. Verratti is in there, despite being still young, as he could make a some appearances for the first team but play mostly with the Primavera. I would like to hang on to Vucinic, but that seems unlikely now, so I would hand his spot to Bojan and have D'Alessandro slot in on the right.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:21 am

My new formation

------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------

Cicinho/Cassetti-----------Burdisso----------Juan/Silvestre------------Angel/Riise

------------------------------------DDR-----------------------------------------
-----------------Pizarro/Simplicio-------------------Perrotta/Ramirez---------------

-------------------------------------Pastore---------------------------------------
----------------------Totti/Borriello-----------------------Bojan/Okaka-----------

I think it's very important that we keep hold of Simplicio..I think he would fit perfectly into Enriques formation..He's a great worker and a good user of the ball...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:05 am

The weakness at RB sticks out like a sore thumb....Crescenzi and Nego will probably get time there ahead of Cicinho.

Your set up looks more a 4-3-1-2 or mayhap it's a withdrawn 4-3-3...either way, it'll fit well with Enrique's system.

Bojan over Okaka btw...it's not really gonna be much of a contest sadly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 am

Bojan (Taddei) Totti (Borriello) Lamela (Okaka)

The starters are scary, but the back ups? Lol.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 am

McLewis wrote:The weakness at RB sticks out like a sore thumb....Crescenzi and Nego will probably get time there ahead of Cicinho.

Your set up looks more a 4-3-1-2 or mayhap it's a withdrawn 4-3-3...either way, it'll fit well with Enrique's system.

I doubt that very much Neal..They don't have enough experience ..

Yeah my formation is a 4-3-1-2.Pastore just behind Totti and Bojan which nearly makes it a 3 man frontline but with Pastore dropping off a bit ...The reason I went that was because I hear from the Barca fans that Bojan needs someone to play up alongside him to be most effective....

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 pm

McLewis wrote:The weakness at RB sticks out like a sore thumb....Crescenzi and Nego will probably get time there ahead of Cicinho.

I actually forgot about Nego, but we're supposedly looking to loan him out after signing him, with Cesena, Siena and Atalanta interested in him. I would support that. It'll give Crescenzi more playing time with us while giving Nego the chance to settle himself in Serie A. It'll be a slow fazing out of Cassetti over the next year or two instead of a rushed overhaul.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:17 am

Guys,What position do you think Lamela will play? CAM or LW

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 am

Oh man, roster has changed up a bit in the last day...

Riise out...Angel In

Lamela/Bojan pretty much a guarantee...

Currently this is how I think it will look.

----------------------------------------J.Sergio----------------------------------------

--Cassetti---------------------Burdisso-----------Juan-----------------------Angel--

----------------Lamela ----------------- DDR------------------Simplicio-------------

---Menez - ------------------------------Totti ---------------------------Vucinic?(Bojan?)---

So thats three of the five signings Tommy said we would have this summer...Who is the last two, and who's getting shipped out?. I think Stekelenburg is coming, so that leaves one more... >10 Million for Lamela, I'm hoping for the best...
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:35 am

-----------------------------------Stekelenburg------------------------------------

Cassetti/Cicinho----------------Burdisso------------------Juan-----------------Angel

--------------------------------------DDR-----------------------------------------

-------------------Pizarro/Perrotta------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------Simplicio/Lamela-----------

------Guberti/Taddei--------------------Totti---------------------Bojan-------------

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:57 am

narbeZ wrote:Oh man, roster has changed up a bit in the last day...

Riise out...Angel In

Lamela/Bojan pretty much a guarantee...

Currently this is how I think it will look.

----------------------------------------J.Sergio----------------------------------------

--Cassetti---------------------Burdisso-----------Juan-----------------------Angel--

----------------Lamela ----------------- DDR------------------Simplicio-------------

---Menez - ------------------------------Totti ---------------------------Vucinic?(Bojan?)---

So thats three of the five signings Tommy said we would have this summer...Who is the last two, and who's getting shipped out?. I think Stekelenburg is coming, so that leaves one more... >10 Million for Lamela, I'm hoping for the best...

I'm pretty sure Menez and Vucinic will be leaving...If we want to buy more players we need to sell...

Vucinic = 20 Million
Menez = 15 Million

We need a replacement for Mexes

CB - Silvesrte/Kjaer - 8-12 Million.

And we need a RB and a LB imo..

LB - Balzaretti = 8 Million
RB- Cassani/Isla around 7-12 Million

20 Milllion....Now that would be the Fullbacks sorted out ..

Brighi I think we should get rid of him ..He can easily be replaced... We could get between 5-7 million for him...

And use some of that money from the sales of Vucinic,Menez and maybe put in a bid for Palermo's Nocerino...I think he would be a great addition to the squad...

Time for a new formation..lol

--------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------

Cassani/Isla----------------Silvestre-------------------Juan----------------Balzaretti

----------------------------------------Nocerino------------------------------------
--------------------DDR------------------------------------Pizarro-Simplicio---------

-------Bojan---------------------------Totti----------------------------Lamela------

Looks great ....Make it happen Uncle Tom Very Happy
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Ok these line-ups are changing every day lol, I'll wait a bit before my next one.

But can Lamela play in that 3-man midfield? I thought we would be best up front on the left wing. But I also feel that Bojan would be better on the left side than on the right.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 am

ErPupone wrote:Ok these line-ups are changing every day lol, I'll wait a bit before my next one.

But can Lamela play in that 3-man midfield? I thought we would be best up front on the left wing. But I also feel that Bojan would be better on the left side than on the right.

LMF or LW I'm pretty sure he can play in both positions...They're the same really..

And yeah you're probably right,Bojan on the right side won't work...I just put him there to fill the gap seeing as we haven't got anyone else of real quality to play in that position..yet...... Wink

-------------------------------------DDR-----------------------------------------

---------------------?-------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Lamela

------------------?--------------------Totti----------------------------------Bojan
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:09 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Ok these line-ups are changing every day lol, I'll wait a bit before my next one.

LMF or LW I'm pretty sure he can play in both positions...They're the same really..

And yeah you're probably right,Bojan on the right side won't work...I just put him there to fill the gap seeing as we haven't got anyone else of real quality to play in that position..yet...... Wink

-------------------------------------DDR-----------------------------------------

---------------------?-------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Lamela

------------------?--------------------Totti----------------------------------Bojan

hmm, from what I've seen and heard of him, I think Lamela likes to stay further up the pitch. I don't think he contributes that much defensively so that would leave us really exposed on the counter. That 3 man midfield needs one anchor man (De Rossi), a playmaker (Pizarro for now) and someone who could contribute on both ends and cover a lot of ground (a fully fit Perrotta or Simplicio).

But, we're going to run into some problems if we play a 4-3-3 with Lamela, Bojan and Totti. Totti would the 'prima punta' and play in the middle. He'll of course drop back and create space for Bojan who would cut in from the left. That means that Lamela would have to start on the right wing; this causes a bit of a problem imo. Lamela, by playing on the right, will have the tendency to also cut in onto his favoured left foot; he'll be roaming into Totti's territory and drag defenders into Bojan's free space. Picturing this, I get the feeling that we'll be too crowded through the middle and that we would really be lacking any wing play. If we don't sign any more attackers, my proposed solution would be to put Lamela on the bench (he's still very young, it wouldn't be a problem) and start Marco D'Alessandro on the right wing. This would give us a lot more width and not to mention would also put in some crosses for Bojan to get to and therefore we will not rely exclusively on getting the ball to his feet through the middle. Lamela would be a suitable substitute for both Bojan and Totti, while Taddei (or Guberti if he stays) can take over for D'Alessandro.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:17 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

hmm, from what I've seen and heard of him, I think Lamela likes to stay further up the pitch. I don't think he contributes that much defensively so that would leave us really exposed on the counter. That 3 man midfield needs one anchor man (De Rossi), a playmaker (Pizarro for now) and someone who could contribute on both ends and cover a lot of ground (a fully fit Perrotta or Simplicio).

But, we're going to run into some problems if we play a 4-3-3 with Lamela, Bojan and Totti. Totti would the 'prima punta' and play in the middle. He'll of course drop back and create space for Bojan who would cut in from the left. That means that Lamela would have to start on the right wing; this causes a bit of a problem imo. Lamela, by playing on the right, will have the tendency to also cut in onto his favoured left foot; he'll be roaming into Totti's territory and drag defenders into Bojan's free space. Picturing this, I get the feeling that we'll be too crowded through the middle and that we would really be lacking any wing play. If we don't sign any more attackers, my proposed solution would be to put Lamela on the bench (he's still very young, it wouldn't be a problem) and start Marco D'Alessandro on the right wing. This would give us a lot more width and not to mention would also put in some crosses for Bojan to get to and therefore we will not rely exclusively on getting the ball to his feet through the middle. Lamela would be a suitable substitute for both Bojan and Totti, while Taddei (or Guberti if he stays) can take over for D'Alessandro.

Some good points Mike...

What about Caprari do you not think he would be more suitable option on the right than Taddei...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:26 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Some good points Mike...

What about Caprari do you not think he would be more suitable option on the right than Taddei...

Well yea... but we're not going to rely on both D'Alessandro and Caprari for that position. I mean, I know we need to rejuvenate the squad, but we still need that balance of youth and experience. Already having Lamela, Bojan and one between D'Alessandro and Caprari is enough youth for one department, we need to balance that out with experience... Totti, Taddei, somewhat Borriello.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:44 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Some good points Mike...

Well yea... but we're not going to rely on both D'Alessandro and Caprari for that position. I mean, I know we need to rejuvenate the squad, but we still need that balance of youth and experience. Already having Lamela, Bojan and one between D'Alessandro and Caprari is enough youth for one department, we need to balance that out with experience... Totti, Taddei, somewhat Borriello.

Taddei is well past it though Mike ..We can't be relying on him for next season...He can be a useful sub though...Hopefully we can hold on to Guberti ..I hear Juve are sniffing around..What's with them trying to snap up all our players..(Menez) (Vucinic)

Selling to rivals ...Only in Serie A //Facepalm//
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Some good points Mike...

Taddei is well past it though Mike ..We can't be relying on him for next season...He can be a useful sub though...Hopefully we can hold on to Guberti ..I hear Juve are sniffing around..What's with them trying to snap up all our players..(Menez) (Vucinic)

Taddei as a sub is my solution, with D'Alessandro as a starter. However, it's not very likely.

And definitely not only in Serie A... Torres, Joe Cole, Adebayor, Ashley Cole, Campbell and well... Luis Enrique lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Some good points Mike...

Taddei as a sub is my solution, with D'Alessandro as a starter. However, it's not very likely.

And definitely not only in Serie A... Torres, Joe Cole, Adebayor, Ashley Cole, Campbell and well... Luis Enrique lol.

But it happens more often in Serie A than any other league ...And you must remember we will be fighting with Juve for that 3rd champs lge spot for next season...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:15 am

Of course. I'm not happy about it either, but it happens. I would be more pissed about Vucinic going to Juve than Mexes going to Milan though. Vucinic is actually trying to force his way out, while Mexes wasn't handed a renewal or anything and would've been willing to stay imo. If we do sell Vucinic to Juve though, it won't be for a small amount.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:19 am

ErPupone wrote:Of course. I'm not happy about it either, but it happens. I would be more pissed about Vucinic going to Juve than Mexes going to Milan though. Vucinic is actually trying to force his way out, while Mexes wasn't handed a renewal or anything and would've been willing to stay imo. If we do sell Vucinic to Juve though, it won't be for a small amount.

I hope you're right because I don't want any swap deal .If Mirko is to go to Juve I want us to get straight cash,at least 20 million....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Though we shouldn't look too much into yesterday's match against a local Riscone side as it was our first run out of the season against a weak team, two important tactical decisions should be noticed. The first, and probably the most surprising, has to do with our backline. Taddei was deployed as a right back from the first minute and was eventually switched over to the left. At first, I though it was just an emergency backline, given that Burdisso was with Argentina and Juan was out injured (therefore Cassetti was used at CB). However, judging by Enrique's words during the post-match press conference, it may be a little more than just an emergency measure:

"[The fullbacks] are very important, they have to run but also have technical abilities; Cicinho, Taddei, José Angel when he arrives, Cassetti and Crescenzi can all play this role well. Taddei can play as a full back as well as an internal midfielder"

Judging by this statment, Rosi is well on his way out and Taddei may be used as a substitute full back. He had a good game against Riscone, making many runs forward and being rewarded with a goal.

The second tactical detail concerns Borriello. Borrriello was used as a right forward in Enrique's 4-3-3, and not in the middle.

"Borriello played as a forward, he scored 3 goals, the first was a bicycle kick, where do I sign? I did not experiment, I think those players can play in those positions."

A front line of Bojan(Lamela) - Totti - Borriello is therefore not out of the question.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 pm

ErPupone wrote:Though we shouldn't look too much into yesterday's match against a local Riscone side as it was our first run out of the season against a weak team, two important tactical decisions should be noticed. The first, and probably the most surprising, has to do with our backline. Taddei was deployed as a right back from the first minute and was eventually switched over to the left. At first, I though it was just an emergency backline, given that Burdisso was with Argentina and Juan was out injured (therefore Cassetti was used at CB). However, judging by Enrique's words during the post-match press conference, it may be a little more than just an emergency measure:

"[The fullbacks] are very important, they have to run but also have technical abilities; Cicinho, Taddei, José Angel when he arrives, Cassetti and Crescenzi can all play this role well. Taddei can play as a full back as well as an internal midfielder"

Judging by this statment, Rosi is well on his way out and Taddei may be used as a substitute full back. He had a good game against Riscone, making many runs forward and being rewarded with a goal.

The second tactical detail concerns Borriello. Borrriello was used as a right forward in Enrique's 4-3-3, and not in the middle.

"Borriello played as a forward, he scored 3 goals, the first was a bicycle kick, where do I sign? I did not experiment, I think those players can play in those positions."

A front line of Bojan(Lamela) - Totti - Borriello is therefore not out of the question.

Good to know that Taddei can play RB if we need him to..I've always said that's where he should be playing because he is great at defending plus he'll run all day..

Borriello on the right might work against a pub team but it sure as hell won't work in Serie A ...Borriello will be a backup to Totti ..that's if we keep him...I would like to see Bojan on the right (When he comes) .I'm sure he would be alot better than Borriello with his speed..

I think we really need to keep hold of Vucinic he offers us so much in attack with his versatility...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 am

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 2 23h6ctl
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 am

You're right about Taddei having the stamina to play as a fullback, but i don't think is marking and positioning is good enough, nor his tackling. But with Enrique stressing the offensive aspect of the game, he may really like Taddei there, who would not hesitate to go forward. He may prove to be a good backup.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:11 am

I think you all will play just like Barcelona. That's what it would seem like for me. Then instead of the right side of the field having the attacking full back (alves) and the left having the defensive (abidal), Roma will have Cassetti as the the defensive right back and Angel as the offensive left back. If Totti doesn't have the legs to run all season (which I think he does) you always can put Borriello in the middle.

Lamela (Iniesta)
Pizarro (Xavi)
De Rossi (Busquets)

Bojan (Messi)
Vucinic (Pedro)
Totti (Villa)
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next