tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread Empty Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:16 pm

This new season under Luis Enrique, our prospective head coach, we'll be moving from the traditional 4-2-3-1 formation to the attack-minded 4-3-3 that he both played in as a player with Barcelona and coached the B team in. He knows this formation intimately.

In the coming days, I'll post more information as to what we can expect from this formation, who will fill what roles and so on.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 am

I'd like to see this...

----------------------------------------------------Sergio---------------------------------------------------------------

Isla---------------------------------Juan-----------------------------------Burdisso--------------------------------Riise

----------------------------------------------------DDR------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Pizzaro------------------------------Banega-----------------------------------------

--------------------?--------------------------------Totti--------------------------------------------Vucinic----------

Just not sure on who we could get to play on the right wing...

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:22 am

La Maggica wrote:I'd like to see this...

----------------------------------------------------Sergio---------------------------------------------------------------

Isla---------------------------------Juan-----------------------------------Burdisso--------------------------------Riise

----------------------------------------------------DDR------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Pizzaro------------------------------Banega-----------------------------------------

--------------------?--------------------------------Totti--------------------------------------------Vucinic----------

Just not sure on who we could get to play on the right wing...

- very realistic
- looks good on paper

I like it Very Happy
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 am

So no new GK signing?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:07 am

Tbh I think we would be fine with Sergio and Lobont competing for that number 1 spot in goal, while Pena would be their reserve (or Pigliacelli). I would rather see us invest in other areas of the team, especially in a quality CB or RB, then to freshen up that midfield. Unfortunately, it seems as if Julio Sergio will be leaving, while there are reportedly a number of teams looking at Doni.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 am

Sergio is a solid choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 am

My 4-3-3

Sergio
Cassetti - Juan - Burdisso - Isla
Banega - De Rossi - New Signing
Lamela - Totti - Menez
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:38 am

4-2-3-1

----------------Sergio-----------------
Cassetti---Juan----Burdisso---Isla
--------De Rossi---Pizaro------------
Menez--------?????----------Vucinic(????)
-----------------Totti--------------------

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 am

sciacca wrote:4-2-3-1

----------------Sergio-----------------
Cassetti---Juan----Burdisso---Isla
--------De Rossi---Pizaro------------
Menez--------?????----------Vucinic(????)
-----------------Totti--------------------

Ricardo Alvarez would be perfect, though I don't know if Isla on the left would workout well. Unfortunately, I can't think of any left-backs on the market now.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 am

Alvarez or Lamela in the whole is a must !
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Alvarez or Lamela in the whole is a must !

I don't think Lamela and Menez would be able to work together. Alvarez would be a better fit imo if we do keep Menez.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:32 am

ErPupone wrote:

I don't think Lamela and Menez would be able to work together. Alvarez would be a better fit imo if we do keep Menez.

What makes you think that? Lamela is a very dynamic player and until I see it fail I won't predict it to happen. Haven't seen enough of Alvarez to make a final judgement of him but I have seen enough to know that he is CLASS. Would be a great signing.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:45 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

What makes you think that? Lamela is a very dynamic player and until I see it fail I won't predict it to happen. Haven't seen enough of Alvarez to make a final judgement of him but I have seen enough to know that he is CLASS. Would be a great signing.

From what I've seen, Lamela has lots of talent. But, he supposedly over-dribbles often and makes bad decisions with regards to his distribution. On another thread, he was compared to Menez in that sense... and one Menez is more than enough. Of course, I haven't seen enough of him in action to make a final judgement, but from what I've heard it seems as if it might be a problem. Alvarez, on the other hand, contributes much more than Lamela defensively and as I already mentionned earlier is seen as a Perrotta-type player but better on the ball. That would be a perfect fit in the hole in the 4-2-3-1.

Also, having Menez, Lamela and Vucinic playing behind Totti would really unbalance the team, in addition to the fact that Pizarro isn't great defensively.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 am

ErPupone wrote:
From what I've seen, Lamela has lots of talent. But, he supposedly over-dribbles often and makes bad decisions with regards to his distribution. On another thread, he was compared to Menez in that sense... and one Menez is more than enough. Of course, I haven't seen enough of him in action to make a final judgement, but from what I've heard it seems as if it might be a problem. Alvarez, on the other hand, contributes much more than Lamela defensively and as I already mentionned earlier is seen as a Perrotta-type player but better on the ball. That would be a perfect fit in the hole in the 4-2-3-1.

Also, having Menez, Lamela and Vucinic playing behind Totti would really unbalance the team, in addition to the fact that Pizarro isn't great defensively.

Why would you want your CAM to be contributing defensively? Isn't that what the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 are for? If I was playing that formation and has Lamela or Alvarez there I would expect them to do very little defending if any. They are playing that position to be the creators of attacks, the pivot points, not the defensive workhorses.

As for balance, I do agree that those three on the field at the same time probably wouldn't work, although Menez, Lamela and a more defensive minded winger certainly would. The 4-2-3-1 works well at Roma, it just needs some adjustments and new players to make it brilliant.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Why would you want your CAM to be contributing defensively? Isn't that what the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 are for? If I was playing that formation and has Lamela or Alvarez there I would expect them to do very little defending if any. They are playing that position to be the creators of attacks, the pivot points, not the defensive workhorses.

As for balance, I do agree that those three on the field at the same time probably wouldn't work, although Menez, Lamela and a more defensive minded winger certainly would. The 4-2-3-1 works well at Roma, it just needs some adjustments and new players to make it brilliant.

Well when you have a defence as shaky as ours (Cassetti-Burdisso-Juan-Riise), a sub-par De Rossi and an offensive-minded Pizarro, the 4-2-3-1 could turn into a disaster if not balanced out by a real box-to-box midfielder. In our experience with this formation, we've never had a creative CAM, but we'v'e had midfielders capable and willing of contributing in all areas of the field...at least when Totti is playing. For example, this was Spalletti's usual formation (I'm using Spalletti as an example because he'll resemble Enrique more than Ranieri would):

De Rossi Pizarro (Aquilani)
Taddei Perrotta Mancini
Totti

This set-up was quite successful especially because of Perrotta's contribution all over the pitch. Taddei also contributed quite a bit defensively, while Mancini stayed further up the pitch when we didn't have control of the ball. When attacking, Totti, due to his natural trequartista mentality, would often drop back into midfield to give Pizarro (or Aquilani) a helping hand in directing the flow of the game. Totti would immediately look for Taddei and Mancini's runs to pick them out, while they would often interchange positions to become difficult to mark. It would then be up to someone like Perrotta to make late runs into the box since he has the instinct to do so. This goal comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGgvpNoTw4

Here, Roma were already in control of the ball so Perrotta's defensive play is not shown. What I mean to show in this clip is that Roma does not need a creative CAM when Totti is playing. He often drops back and puts in his usual flicks to open up space for his teammates. Meanwhile, the wingers are cutting in and contributing to buildup by making their runs. All Perrotta has to do in this case is drop into the space being created and make a threatening run to goal. Totti's presence on the pitch means that the player behind him only needs to cover as much ground as possible since, when off the ball, Totti needs to regain his breath. Instead, on the following clip, keep your eye on Perrotta who was covering his man at first, but as soon as De Rossi picked up the ball, ran right through the middle of the pitch and scored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXX8J33Q2U&feature=related

Someone like Menez would never in a million years do that. He would never go that far back to track down his man and if he does, he would never have the instinct to make it back to the opposing box in the amount of time that Perrotta did. Menez needs the ball at his feet at all times, if not he gets lost on the pitch.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm

ErPupone wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Well when you have a defence as shaky as ours (Cassetti-Burdisso-Juan-Riise), a sub-par De Rossi and an offensive-minded Pizarro, the 4-2-3-1 could turn into a disaster if not balanced out by a real box-to-box midfielder. In our experience with this formation, we've never had a creative CAM, but we'v'e had midfielders capable and willing of contributing in all areas of the field...at least when Totti is playing. For example, this was Spalletti's usual formation (I'm using Spalletti as an example because he'll resemble Enrique more than Ranieri would):

De Rossi Pizarro (Aquilani)
Taddei Perrotta Mancini
Totti

This set-up was quite successful especially because of Perrotta's contribution all over the pitch. Taddei also contributed quite a bit defensively, while Mancini stayed further up the pitch when we didn't have control of the ball. When attacking, Totti, due to his natural trequartista mentality, would often drop back into midfield to give Pizarro (or Aquilani) a helping hand in directing the flow of the game. Totti would immediately look for Taddei and Mancini's runs to pick them out, while they would often interchange positions to become difficult to mark. It would then be up to someone like Perrotta to make late runs into the box since he has the instinct to do so. This goal comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGgvpNoTw4

Here, Roma were already in control of the ball so Perrotta's defensive play is not shown. What I mean to show in this clip is that Roma does not need a creative CAM when Totti is playing. He often drops back and puts in his usual flicks to open up space for his teammates. Meanwhile, the wingers are cutting in and contributing to buildup by making their runs. All Perrotta has to do in this case is drop into the space being created and make a threatening run to goal. Totti's presence on the pitch means that the player behind him only needs to cover as much ground as possible since, when off the ball, Totti needs to regain his breath. Instead, on the following clip, keep your eye on Perrotta who was covering his man at first, but as soon as De Rossi picked up the ball, ran right through the middle of the pitch and scored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXX8J33Q2U&feature=related

Someone like Menez would never in a million years do that. He would never go that far back to track down his man and if he does, he would never have the instinct to make it back to the opposing box in the amount of time that Perrotta did. Menez needs the ball at his feet at all times, if not he gets lost on the pitch.

+1 I couldn't agree more.

Back to top Go down

Post by tahaa89 Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey guys I'm a Milan fan, but anyways here goes, I've allways admired Totti and think his one of the all time greats, would love to see him lift the Champions League before he retires. Anyways I think you guys should buy Viviano, De Silvestri, Kjaer, Bring Aquilani back, and also purchase Jefferen and Giovinco. Sell all the dead wood and get these guys. Your starting 11 would be something like this -- Viviano; De Silvestri, Kjaer, Juan, Rise; Aqua, De Rossi, Pizzaro; Jefferen, Totti, Giovinco...Great starting 11 that could really challange for the Scudetto in my openion.
tahaa89
tahaa89
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 pm

tahaa89 wrote:Hey guys I'm a Milan fan, but anyways here goes, I've allways admired Totti and think his one of the all time greats, would love to see him lift the Champions League before he retires. Anyways I think you guys should buy Viviano, De Silvestri, Kjaer, Bring Aquilani back, and also purchase Jefferen and Giovinco. Sell all the dead wood and get these guys. Your starting 11 would be something like this -- Viviano; De Silvestri, Kjaer, Juan, Rise; Aqua, De Rossi, Pizzaro; Jefferen, Totti, Giovinco...Great starting 11 that could really challange for the Scudetto in my openion.
i think i hav seen u posting comments on goal.com !!do u actually ???and i think u r frm australia r8 ??
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by tahaa89 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Yep I post heaps on Goal.com, yeh I'm from Australia, live in Perth Smile
tahaa89
tahaa89
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 am

My new lineup..Going by the players we are being linked with...

---------------------------------------Viviano------------------------------------

Cassetti------------------Juan-----------------------Burdisso-------------------Riise

------------------------------------DDR-------------------------------------------
---------------------Ramirez-------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Alvarez--------------------------

----------Bojan------------------------Totti---------------------------------Lamela
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 am

I'm gunna go with this, from the top of my head...

Viviano

Cassetti Burdisso Juan Riise

Pizarro De Rossi Alvarez

Guberti Totti Bojan

Other acquisitons: Curci (back from co-ownership), Crescenzi (back from loan), Cicinho (back from loan), Verratti, Giaccherini.

Still in need of a quality RW.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 am

ErPupone wrote:I'm gunna go with this, from the top of my head...

Viviano

Pizarro De Rossi Alvarez

Guberti Totti Bojan

Other acquisitons: Curci (back from co-ownership), Crescenzi (back from loan), Montoya, Verratti, Giaccherini.

Again im going to say it lol.. ISLA would be perfect ,can play anywhere on the right ...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 am

The Fonz wrote:

Viviano

Pizarro De Rossi Alvarez

Guberti Totti Bojan

Other acquisitons: Curci (back from co-ownership), Crescenzi (back from loan), Montoya, Verratti, Giaccherini.

Again im going to say it lol.. ISLA would be perfect ,can play anywhere on the right ...

I know, trust me I want him too... but the rumours have completely died. If only Prade were still in charge... lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Viviano

Pizarro De Rossi Alvarez

Guberti Totti Bojan

I know, trust me I want him too... but the rumours have completely died. If only Prade were still in charge... lol.

Bring back Prade :lol!:

Honestly though i trust Sabatini im sure he has something up his sleeve...

ps/

Hopefully Isla Very Happy
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:25 am

Viviano heavily linked with Arsenal. A move looks likely Sad
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum