tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:11 am

I think you all will play just like Barcelona. That's what it would seem like for me. Then instead of the right side of the field having the attacking full back (alves) and the left having the defensive (abidal), Roma will have Cassetti as the the defensive right back and Angel as the offensive left back. If Totti doesn't have the legs to run all season (which I think he does) you always can put Borriello in the middle.

Lamela (Iniesta)
Pizarro (Xavi)
De Rossi (Busquets)

Bojan (Messi)
Vucinic (Pedro)
Totti (Villa)

Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:36 am

^ I don't think Lamela is the 'Iniesta type'. That role is better suited to Perrotta, Simplicio or Bertolacci.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:52 pm

In my opinion Lamela is a must play, he will develop like Pastore if you guys play him.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Milantildeath wrote:I think you all will play just like Barcelona. That's what it would seem like for me. Then instead of the right side of the field having the attacking full back (alves) and the left having the defensive (abidal), Roma will have Cassetti as the the defensive right back and Angel as the offensive left back. If Totti doesn't have the legs to run all season (which I think he does) you always can put Borriello in the middle.

Lamela (Iniesta)
Pizarro (Xavi)
De Rossi (Busquets)

Bojan (Messi)
Vucinic (Pedro)
Totti (Villa)

Imo Totti would play the Messi role as he will be the fake 9 and be central to all the attacks and Bojan and Vucinic(If he stays) will be the players flanking him outwide as inside forwards ( Villa and Pedro).

But i agree with the Lamela part i do see him as an Iniesta type or atleast could fill such a role what little i have seen of him.

Interested to see how Roma approach this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Lamela isnt a CM maybe he could play there, but he is naturally more of an attacking player.

Hes a great trequartista and his best performances have came either through the middle or out on the left flank.

In my opinion he has to be used as a pure trequartista(which I dont think we will play with this year) or else in Vucinic's LF position
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 am

checazzofai wrote:Lamela isnt a CM maybe he could play there, but he is naturally more of an attacking player.

Hes a great trequartista and his best performances have came either through the middle or out on the left flank.

In my opinion he has to be used as a pure trequartista(which I dont think we will play with this year) or else in Vucinic's LF position

Agreed. And it seems as if Vucinic is leaving, so it will leave us with a frontline looking like this:

Bojan - Totti - Lamela

Though Vucinic's presence would've given us some flexibiliy, tactically speaking this works out nearly perfectly for Enrique. As I already mentionned, he wants one of those men to be a typical winger (in this case, Lamela) who will often partner up on the left side with Jose Angel, allowing the latter to often get forward. Bojan, on the other side, will cut to goal more often than not and look to create problems inside the box (and get on the other side of Totti and Pizarro's cutting through balls). I said nearly perfectly as it would be great if Bojan was left footed (he would be on his favoured foot when cutting in). However he is quite agile and could use his left foot quite well, so he shouldn't run into too much trouble. I've ignored the possibility of Bojan and Lamela playing on the left and right respectively (I mentionned why I don't see that working out on a previous post). And finally, Borriello will serve as a sub and could pretty much fill in either of those roles.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:09 pm

ErPupone wrote:
checazzofai wrote:Lamela isnt a CM maybe he could play there, but he is naturally more of an attacking player.

Agreed. And it seems as if Vucinic is leaving, so it will leave us with a frontline looking like this:

Bojan - Totti - Lamela

Though Vucinic's presence would've given us some flexibiliy, tactically speaking this works out nearly perfectly for Enrique. As I already mentionned, he wants one of those men to be a typical winger (in this case, Lamela) who will often partner up on the left side with Jose Angel, allowing the latter to often get forward. Bojan, on the other side, will cut to goal more often than not and look to create problems inside the box (and get on the other side of Totti and Pizarro's cutting through balls). I said nearly perfectly as it would be great if Bojan was left footed (he would be on his favoured foot when cutting in). However he is quite agile and could use his left foot quite well, so he shouldn't run into too much trouble. I've ignored the possibility of Bojan and Lamela playing on the left and right respectively (I mentionned why I don't see that working out on a previous post). And finally, Borriello will serve as a sub and could pretty much fill in either of those roles.

Yea I read through this thread, I think your pretty much spot on about everything tbh.

I agree the main advantage for Lamela in this system is he can be the pure left winger we need but it would be nice if he had a year to learn off the bench. I dont doubt his talent only if he will be able to cope in his first year at such a young age.

Im interested in your opinion about Nilmar and where you would play him with Totti and Bojan. I know hes great on the left but hes a right footed player who likes to cut inside, unlike Lamela who is naturally a left footed and left sided player. what do you think?
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 am

checazzofai wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Bojan - Totti - Lamela

Yea I read through this thread, I think your pretty much spot on about everything tbh.

I agree the main advantage for Lamela in this system is he can be the pure left winger we need but it would be nice if he had a year to learn off the bench. I dont doubt his talent only if he will be able to cope in his first year at such a young age.

Im interested in your opinion about Nilmar and where you would play him with Totti and Bojan. I know hes great on the left but hes a right footed player who likes to cut inside, unlike Lamela who is naturally a left footed and left sided player. what do you think?

Yea I think it would be best not to rush Lamela, he needs to adapt and grow. He has a lot of talent but needs to learn and not have loads of pressure on his shoulders (which is probably where we went wrong with Menez).

As for Nilmar, he would be pretty much a like for like replacement for Vucinic. From everything I've read, Bojan could play out wide as well in Enrique's formation. But I feel he would be wasted when improvising as a winger. I mean, would Montella have been as good as he was if he was playing out wide? Probably not. So having Bojan on the right, Totti in the middle and Nilmar as a supporting striker on the left, I see it more as a 4-3-1-2 and there wouldn't be that doubling up on the wings which Enrique wants on at least one side.

Now of course I wouldn't complain if we sign Nilmar. But I would really like us to sign an Italian seeing as not one of our five signings are Italian. My prefered solution up front though would be to incorporate Marco D'Alessandro into the first team (and I've been suggesting this since the beginning of June). He could play as a winger on both flanks, though he's better on the right. He could push out wide on the right, while Bojan could play on the opposite side. Maybe I'm hyping up D'Alessandro's name a little bit, but I really think he could become a great player.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:37 pm

D'Alessandro's been touted as the next big thing for years now and he's shown glimpses as to why that is.

He's not been given a fair shake though....Ventura used him sparingly and he didn't really get enough time in his first spell with Livorno.

As for the formation, I agree with you both. Bojan and Lamela add flair and trickery to our attacks as well as loads of pace meaning they'll be able to outrun their markers to get to chipped through balls that Totti and Pizarro will be spraying about the pitch. Bojan's no stranger to Enrique's style so I know he'll do his fair share of hassling and harrying defenders in possession, but will Lamela? Will he have the same work rate as say Vucinic? Big question-mark for me honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:54 am

Was thinking guys if the 4-3-3 fails ...I would love to see us try out maybe a 4-2-2-2..

----------------------------------Stekelenburg----------------------------------

Cassetti-----------------Juan---------------------Burdisso------------------Angel

-----------------------Pizarro---------------------DDR--------------------------

------------------------Perrotta-------------------Lamela------------------------

--------------------------Totti--------------------Bojan------------------------

Looks savage ... Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:15 am

The Fonz wrote:Was thinking guys if the 4-3-3 fails ...I would love to see us try out maybe a 4-2-2-2..

----------------------------------Stekelenburg----------------------------------

Cassetti-----------------Juan---------------------Burdisso------------------Angel

-----------------------Pizarro---------------------DDR--------------------------

------------------------Perrotta-------------------Lamela------------------------

--------------------------Totti--------------------Bojan------------------------

Looks savage ... Cool

I dont mind that, I think it would be even better tho if Perotta dropped back into a 3 man mid and Lamela played alone in the hole so a 4312. Does anyone know if Enrique is flexible with his tactics tho? or is he strictly a 433 guy?
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:20 am

McLewis wrote:D'Alessandro's been touted as the next big thing for years now and he's shown glimpses as to why that is.

He's not been given a fair shake though....Ventura used him sparingly and he didn't really get enough time in his first spell with Livorno.

As for the formation, I agree with you both. Bojan and Lamela add flair and trickery to our attacks as well as loads of pace meaning they'll be able to outrun their markers to get to chipped through balls that Totti and Pizarro will be spraying about the pitch. Bojan's no stranger to Enrique's style so I know he'll do his fair share of hassling and harrying defenders in possession, but will Lamela? Will he have the same work rate as say Vucinic? Big question-mark for me honestly.

D'alessandros awesome IMO and I think his style will work in this team. He didnt get much time for Bari but when he did he was often their best player on the pitch.

As for the Lamela question, I watched Lamela play in the superclasico last year and he was tenacious, very aggresive and worked hard trying to win the ball back but that could be because that game is sooo important for him. it does remain to be seen if he will do that consistently in Italy
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:09 am

checazzofai wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Was thinking guys if the 4-3-3 fails ...I would love to see us try out maybe a 4-2-2-2..

Looks savage ... Cool

I dont mind that, I think it would be even better tho if Perotta dropped back into a 3 man mid and Lamela played alone in the hole so a 4312. Does anyone know if Enrique is flexible with his tactics tho? or is he strictly a 433 guy?

------------------------------------DDR----------------------------------------
-----------------Pizarro------------------------------Perrotta-------------------

-----------------------------------Lamela---------------------------------------

Looks alright I suppose...I really wish we would go out and buy another DMF though so we could take some of the workload of DDR.That would allow him to get forward more often.He is being wasted playing in such a defensive role ....He could be a lot more useful further up the pitch with his late runs into the box *Like when he scored against Bayern Munich for example*
Portos Fernando would be perfect for that role...

Not sure if Enrique would change from a 4-3-3 .From what I've heard thats all he used at Barca B...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 am

He's said that he'll adapt to the players he has and will switch formations if he has to, but he really wants to implement his 4-3-3. I could see him switching to a very attacking 4-3-2-1 (basically moving Totti back and putting Bojan in the middle), but that would require Angel and Cassetti to do a lot more running and to cross from very deep in, and the latter won't be able to do that consistently.

As for that diamond midfield, looks very Ranieri-like to me... but probably the exact opposite when it comes to mentality lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Yea I think the team would be much more complete with a better RB, maybe it will be Crescenzi, and a midfielder like Fernando from Porto. I agree that De Rossi is being held back when asked to be the only defensive player in the midfield.

Sabatini wants Sandro from tottenham if we cant get Lucho(probably to Milan) so that would help the mid
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Sandro is out injured atm (serious injury) .So I highly doubt we'll be getting him and a lot of that was down to a possible swap with Vucinic going in the other direction...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Well we now have a better idea of how this team will lineup when we have our best players fit. There's still some transfers (both incoming and outgoing) that will be completed, but most of the team is in check. Enrique's favoured lineup seems like this:

Stekelenburg (Lobont/Curci)

Cicinho (Rosi) ----- Burdisso (Cassetti) ----- Juan (Heinze) ----- Angel (Taddei)

De Rossi (Viviani)

Pizarro (Brighi/Simplicio) --------------- Greco (Perrotta)

Borriello (Lamela) ----------- Totti (Okaka)----------- Bojan (Caprari)

Kjaer's arrival will probably mean the end for Rosi, who will eventually leave given that he does not give the defensive stability that Cassetti offers, nor does he have Cicinho's attacking ability. No matter who we sign between Casemiro and Fernando (we know one midfielder is coming that's for sure), both Brighi and Simplicio are at risk. I've always said that we should sell Brighi and keep Simplicio, but to get to Casemiro, we will most probably have to sell Simplicio even though he's expressed many times that he wants to stay and fight for his spot. And lastly, Osvaldo's arrival (or the arrival of any other striker for that matter) will force either Borriello or Okaka out (I would rather sell the latter). With those 3 changes, I would say our transfer campaign is very much done and, though it's far too early to tell, quite successful.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:15 am

This is what I'm hoping for...

-------------------------------Stekelenburg(Curci)-------------------------------

Cassetti(Cicinho)-----Kjaer(Burdisso)---------Juan(Burdisso)-----------Angel(Heinze)

----------------------------------Fernando----------------------------------------
-------------------DDR(Pizarro)---------------------Perrotta(Greco)(Simplicio)-------

-----Lamela(?)------------------------Totti--------------------------Bojan----------

Burdisso to fill in if Juan or Kjaer get injured...Big no no at Cassetti playing as a CB same goes for Heinze..

Fernando as DMF to protect that back 4 and allow DDR to get more forward use DDr as CMF instead...

Perrotta Greco and Simplicio all very similar in thier style of play so anyone of them can easily slot into that position of the midfeild.....Brighi needs to go ...

Now the right forward position ..I reckon Lamela can play there ..He has in the past..But with all this Osvaldo talk maybe it will be him playing in that positon and Lamela on the left..It's very hard to tell at this stage we won't know until the transfer window is closed ..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:07 am

May I suggest:

Stekelenburg

Cassetti - Kjaer - Juan - Angel

Casemiro - De Rossi - Greco

Cassano - Totti - Bojan

Put aside loose cannons and all that stuff, tactically this would make perfect sense.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:05 am

ErPupone wrote:May I suggest:

Stekelenburg

Cassetti - Kjaer - Juan - Angel

Casemiro - De Rossi - Greco

Cassano - Totti - Bojan

Put aside loose cannons and all that stuff, tactically this would make perfect sense.

Cassano is real lazy though...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 am

Not that lazy though, definitely not as much as Menez so that's a step up. If he's in good shape, which he will be soon, he would fit in well.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:31 am

ErPupone wrote:Not that lazy though, definitely not as much as Menez so that's a step up. If he's in good shape, which he will be soon, he would fit in well.

Cassano won't be coming Mike..Galliani even came out and said that he's staying at Milan..

Thank God... pirat
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Not that lazy though, definitely not as much as Menez so that's a step up. If he's in good shape, which he will be soon, he would fit in well.

Cassano won't be coming Mike..Galliani even came out and said that he's staying at Milan..

Thank God... pirat

I know it's a million to one shot, but you never know. I kind of got carried away with that rumour, but that's because it could work brilliantly... Discipline-wise, proably not so much.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:09 am

New formation

--------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------

Cassetti-------------------Kjaer----------------------Juan---------------------Angel

--------------------------------------Fernando-------------------------------------

-----------------DDR-------------------------------------------Montolivo-----------

----------Osvaldo------------------------Totti-------------------------Bojan--------

Top 3 right there

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 am

The Fonz wrote:New formation

--------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------------

Cassetti-------------------Kjaer----------------------Juan---------------------Angel--

-----------------------------------------Fernando-------------------------------------------

------------DDR------------------------------------------------------Montolivo-----------

----------Osvaldo------------------------Totti-------------------------Bojan-------------

Top 3 right there

I like the look of that. Replace Cassetti with Cassani, and Osvaldo with Cassano (LOL) and I'd be happy. We are still about 25 million *cough* 35 million away from having that good of a lineup though...
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 am

narbeZ wrote:
The Fonz wrote:New formation

--------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------------

Cassetti-------------------Kjaer----------------------Juan---------------------Angel--

-----------------------------------------Fernando-------------------------------------------

------------DDR------------------------------------------------------Montolivo-----------

----------Osvaldo------------------------Totti-------------------------Bojan-------------

Top 3 right there

I like the look of that. Replace Cassetti with Cassani, and Osvaldo with Cassano and I'd be happy. We are still about 25 million away from having that good of a lineup though...

Yeah shame we didn't make a move for Cassani ..He would've solved our RB problems..

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next