Swanhends
sportsczy
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
90 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Official: Higuain joins Napoli - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Higuain joins Napoli

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 02, 2013 6:26 pm

i actually think Epep will get mugged in EPL, but we will see if he goes there.

OT, LEquipe published a retraction, Sanchez never said those words lol

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official: Higuain joins Napoli - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Higuain joins Napoli

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I don't understand, why do we want Pepe to leave when he is a perfect backup and not some Albitrol bs
Albiol may be slow but he doesnt have brain farts

I remember when Albiol dragged a player down in the box and got a red (against barca in the 1-1 league game) then he does exactly the same when he came back from suspension Laughing

would you enjoy 90 mins of albiol booting the ball as hard as he can into the crowd everytime he got the ball hmm I'd rather have Ivan play than him at least he can pass a god damn ball

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu May 02, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He was free, however I don't think that has to mean they sign him. If there's someone better than they should just pay for him. Llorente and Vucinic are probably on a similar level. Unless of course Vucinic is being sold.

You're not getting my point. We knew we'd get him for free so the risk is minimal and he's better than what we have.

Marotta did not know who we could possibly get in a years time.

What would have happened if Ibra was happy in Paris, Higuain loved life in Madrid, suarez didn't bite somebody and Jovetic made the CL? Not saying we'll get any of those players but we have a solid chance.

We wouldn't even try and sign those players had the circumstances been different.

Low risk and potentially high reward compared to praying we can sign a better striker. He chose by far the best option. Llorente doesn't even block a big move because he was free MT. Wouldn't make sense to turn it down.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Thu May 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Many people in here are under estimating Pipa. He's one of the coolest finishers in europe. I mean the number of times he's scored game and LEAGUE winning goals is really outstanding. His pace and doggedness also sets him up nicely to make runs off the ball to draw defences out. Moreover the one thing that really sets him apart from the rest is his LEADERSHIP. He's a true leader capable of leading an attack with distinction.
His european stats are pretty meh (8 gols in 6 seasons), but his domestic stats (104 goals in 186 games) are trully outstanding. More so when you consider that HE WAS A REGULAR STRIKER ONLY ONE SEASON.
He is by far my fav Madrid player, and the Lord knows, a part of me will die the day he leaves Madrid.
I still get goosebumps when i see his Goal vs Espanyol in 2007 that won us a crazy game ( 4-3) and VAN nistelrooy holding his jersey up in celebration. *Sigh*
PIPA STAY ;( ;(
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 pm

League goals are pretty easy to come by in la liga, we need a player who can do the business in Europe. And tbh Quagliarella's had more success in the CL which says it all really Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Cl is the issue dude. 8 goals in 7 years or just terrible... He is a La Liga beast; absolutely no doubt there. But Flo and Madrid are obsessed by La Decima, not La Liga titles.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeh but what about Vucinic? Is Llorente significantly better than him?

Also there's always top strikers available in the Summer. So I don't think it would be a big risk waiting until the Summer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm

I can see Higuain going to Spurs, he is a top option for a club like that. If we ever deal with Spurs for overrated Bale, both players could cross path.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2013 6:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:Cl is the issue dude. 8 goals in 7 years or just terrible... He is a La Liga beast; absolutely no doubt there. But Flo and Madrid are obsessed by La Decima, not La Liga titles.

I will add that Higuain has scored regularly for Argentina NT. So i don't think his problem is ability... it's psychological with Madrid. Maybe if he goes somewhere that allows him to fail a bit without the fear of getting immediately benched, it will relax him a little and get him over the top...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Thu May 02, 2013 6:43 pm

I think he would Fit reallly well at BVB under Klopp. So if Dortmund have to sell Lewa they should definately consider him. If
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh but what about Vucinic? Is Llorente significantly better than him?

Also there's always top strikers available in the Summer. So I don't think it would be a big risk waiting until the Summer.

Vucinic is an ss who can't score enough to be relied upon. And we're talking about Marotta here. We're never going to spend 40M on one player.

The chances of us landing a better striker than Llorente for under 20M were not big enough to put all of your faith into it.

Even if we sold Llorente on we'd make a healthy profit.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Well if money's a problem, then I guess signing Llorente makes sense. If it wasn't a problem then Juventus could have waited until the Summer and got someone better for over 20m.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Marotta doesn't want to spend much, had some great strikers not become unsettled, we would have been looking at 30M+ to even begin talks with the parent clubs of strikers better than Llorente.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm

If we sell Osvaldo, Higuain should become our top target.

Would take him in a heartbeat tbh.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Frankly I'd be happy if he goes to PSG, Chelsea, Juve or Spurs if they qualify for the CL. The important thing for me is consistent playtime as the next summer is the WC.

Also, Madrid selling their most humble and hard working player rofl

Edit: on another note, DL has no winter break, I don't want him arriving exhausted to the WC, go to serie a :bow:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 02, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 02, 2013 10:11 pm

he wants to leave, its not like hes being shoved out the door..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 02, 2013 10:40 pm

I'd just like to say Im surprised by this. I mean Higuain has performed very well for most part during his Real career, dating back a long time, I remember him being preferred to Raul which was nice since I just didnt really rate Raul Razz

Memorable one was him scoring 4 goals in a game, immense finishing. Thats his best ability though, finishing, his pace and off the ball. Although I think his link up play has improved under Mou, and certainly more clinical than Benzema, perhaps both Real and him just thought they want to try something new? Not sure who they will bring in, but could this be another mistake Perez makes and selling his players that he shouldnt? Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:Many people in here are under estimating Pipa. He's one of the coolest finishers in europe. I mean the number of times he's scored game and LEAGUE winning goals is really outstanding. His pace and doggedness also sets him up nicely to make runs off the ball to draw defences out. Moreover the one thing that really sets him apart from the rest is his LEADERSHIP. He's a true leader capable of leading an attack with distinction.
His european stats are pretty meh (8 gols in 6 seasons), but his domestic stats (104 goals in 186 games) are trully outstanding. More so when you consider that HE WAS A REGULAR STRIKER ONLY ONE SEASON.
He is by far my fav Madrid player, and the Lord knows, a part of me will die the day he leaves Madrid.
I still get goosebumps when i see his Goal vs Espanyol in 2007 that won us a crazy game ( 4-3) and VAN nistelrooy holding his jersey up in celebration. *Sigh*
PIPA STAY ;( ;(

I agree a lot of this, reading more of the posts Im surprised that hes so under appreciated and rated. His goal scoring and general ability is top class, him starting striker for Argentina says a lot. Aguero overrated is still what I think. Aguero is some attributes better, but Higuain has more effective attritbutes I think.

Someone said he could be good at Barca and I agree, I would like to take him at Barca. His link up with Messi, his pace and general play, cutting edge is actually what we need badly atm! He would become another player who moves between the 2 clubs Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri May 03, 2013 7:27 am

Come to Chelsea and bench el zero :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Official: Higuain joins Napoli - Page 3 Empty Higuain set for Real Madrid exit

Post by crazzyblanco Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 am

so where is he going and who will be the two strikers coming in??

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item967763/Higuain-set-for-Real-Madrid-exit/
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri May 03, 2013 9:40 am

I actually like the idea of him at Barca

I have no idea where he'll go. I honestly wouldn't mind him moving to any of the following clubs, Juve, PSG, Chelsea, Manchester City, Dortmund or Bayern too I suppose. Idk about Spurs, maybe if they get CL and only because AVB is there.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 am

Its incredible tbh. You have to weigh your options it looks like our management just want to win CL and hope Ronaldo provides us with all the goals in the league

While Benz has a great CL record, his scoring record in the league is very apoorling. And please don't make me start on the Sergio 'I convert 1% of all my chances' Aguero, he is definitely not what we need

so unless the management will somehow change Banz into a goalscorer I don't see the point of letting go of Higuain
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 03, 2013 9:50 am

fatman123 wrote:Come to Chelsea and bench el zero :bow:

Make it Happen Roman! :bow: :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 am

HM2... Benz has barely started any games in La Liga this year. He has 9 goals and 8 assists in 16 starts this year. 21 goals and 7 assists in 28 starts last year. 15 goals and 5 assists in 20 starts the year before. His goalscoring record is very good in La Liga. But Higuain is a La Liga killer; incredible La Liga stats... Benz has been saved for CL and big away games mostly. Not sure why Mou suddenly went with Higuain against Dortmund because, again, he didn't have the toughness and diversity for CL play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

He with with Higuain because Benzema was a ghost for the past month. Besides Benzema is better as a fresh super sub anyway.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am

BTW if he goes to a big club he will be a CL beast, just watch. Most teams actually play through their number 9's unlike us. Talking about CL complexity levels or whatever is philosophical BS.

I'd rather sell Benzema than Higuain. One is actually prepared to work and can only get better with time. Diego Milito for example only became a CL beast with Inter after many years as a number 9. Higuain is still 24/25.....

Anyway if he does go I'll be pissed if the club signs some lazy primmadonna on a fat contract who doesn't produce Pipita's numbers.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next