inderbaby
djfawnz
juve_gigi
Cotes
DeviAngel
Juventude
10 posters

Go down

Napoli willing to offer Juventus midfielder (Marrone) first-team football Empty Napoli willing to offer Juventus midfielder (Marrone) first-team football

Post by Juventude Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Napoli are eager to bring Juventus academy graduate Luca Marrone to the San Paolo this summer, according to reports from IlSussidiario.net.

The 23-year-old was brought back to Turin at the behest of new coach Antonio Conte last season, but despite winning consecutive Scudetti, has failed to make a significant mark on the side.

His arrival also coincided with those of Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal, prompting Conte to deploy him as a central defender to greater effect this term.

However, with only 10 Serie A appearances under his belt in 2012-13, Napoli have been alerted to the possibility of snapping up the Italy youth international with the promise of regular first-team football.

The Partenopei have actively been in the hunt for new midfielders, and are also reportedly close to bringing in Radja Nainggolan from Cagliari.

Marrone is also of interest to Parma, Genoa and Fiorentina.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Napoli willing to offer Juventus midfielder (Marrone) first-team football Empty Re: Napoli willing to offer Juventus midfielder (Marrone) first-team football

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 14, 2013 11:11 pm

send him on loan without option to buy to Parma
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Napoli willing to offer Juventus midfielder (Marrone) first-team football Empty Re: Napoli willing to offer Juventus midfielder (Marrone) first-team football

Post by Cotes Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 am

damn....Naingollan-Inler-Marrone Midfield sound like it could be dangerous!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 am

Send him along with Quagliarella and cash to Fiorentina for Jovetic. If we get a proper LWB and move Asamoah back to his natural CM position then Marrone will never see the pitch. I would use him as bait to get a top striker. Jovetic is young and so I wouldn't be opposed to give Marrone away for a young top striker. With Marchisio and Vidal firmly entrenched as our starters, Marrone will never see the pitch for years, only as a backup. If we can use him as bait to get Jovetic I would pull the trigger.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 am

to me, Marrone hasnt shown exceptional qualities....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed May 15, 2013 1:46 am

djfawnz wrote:to me, Marrone hasnt shown exceptional qualities....

How can he?
When he only plays as an out-of-position back up
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed May 15, 2013 4:04 pm

I agree!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm

inderbaby wrote:

I agree!

I completely agree too, but I was afraid people would jump on me if I said it. If he was showing Conte anything on the training ground, he would have been played when Juve used players like Pogba, Giaccherini, or Padoin. Instead, he has been used as a CB. I give him credit for playing CB without complaint, but I really don't think he's that great. If anyone wants him as part of a deal for a top striker, Marotta should make that deal immediately. Also, we have so much depth and young talent at CM we can afford to let a player like Marrone leave if it helps us build another area of the squad.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah he's not really looking to be anything other than steady. As long as whichever player we get in return is young, i'm happy letting him leave.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 15, 2013 5:00 pm

ffs we could use Marrone
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I wouldn't let him leave, not permanently anyways. He is suffering from a whole mess of players in the same position that he plays. Pogba is just a super talent, Giaccherini is not a CM and when used there it is for his offensive potential, which at the moment is above Marrone's capability who has stated he is most comfortable playing just in front of the defense.

Can't rely on players like Marrone to be bargaining chips for top strikers, it's not happening fellas, I'm sorry to say.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Luca wrote:I wouldn't let him leave, not permanently anyways. He is suffering from a whole mess of players in the same position that he plays. Pogba is just a super talent, Giaccherini is not a CM and when used there it is for his offensive potential, which at the moment is above Marrone's capability who has stated he is most comfortable playing just in front of the defense.

Can't rely on players like Marrone to be bargaining chips for top strikers, it's not happening fellas, I'm sorry to say.

Why can't you rely on it? I don't see your logic. We have a lot of CM talent both on the current squad, on loan, and in the youth system. The list is pretty long of young promising CMs (Gabriel, Buoy, Rossi, Giandonato just to name a few). They may not develop into top talent, but Marrone hasn't exactly developed into top talent. If there was one position that would be a bargaining chip it would be CM and if you had to name an ideal player that would be Marrone. If you can use Marrone to get a player like Jovetic, Marrotta would be crazy to pass that up.

This is just my opinion, but I also don't see the hype behind Marrone. He may be behind great talent, but he hasn't really broken through as a top sub and, at 23, that should happen very soon at least as a sub.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:I wouldn't let him leave, not permanently anyways. He is suffering from a whole mess of players in the same position that he plays. Pogba is just a super talent, Giaccherini is not a CM and when used there it is for his offensive potential, which at the moment is above Marrone's capability who has stated he is most comfortable playing just in front of the defense.

Why can't you rely on it? I don't see your logic. We have a lot of CM talent both on the current squad, on loan, and in the youth system. The list is pretty long of young promising CMs (Gabriel, Buoy, Rossi, Giandonato just to name a few). They may not develop into top talent, but Marrone hasn't exactly developed into top talent. If there was one position that would be a bargaining chip it would be CM and if you had to name an ideal player that would be Marrone. If you can use Marrone to get a player like Jovetic, Marrotta would be crazy to pass that up.

This is just my opinion, but I also don't see the hype behind Marrone. He may be behind great talent, but he hasn't really broken through as a top sub and, at 23, that should happen very soon at least as a sub.

Because many clubs might prefer the cash straight up rather than a player + cash deal. If Fiorentina has an offer of 30M for Jovetic, and Juventus comes in with 20-25 + Marrone, which direction do you think they're going? I'm thinking the 30M, especially if they hold the same views as most of you, that Marrone is not a big talent.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Juventude wrote:
inderbaby wrote:

I agree!

I completely agree too, but I was afraid people would jump on me if I said it. If he was showing Conte anything on the training ground, he would have been played when Juve used players like Pogba, Giaccherini, or Padoin. Instead, he has been used as a CB. I give him credit for playing CB without complaint, but I really don't think he's that great. If anyone wants him as part of a deal for a top striker, Marotta should make that deal immediately. Also, we have so much depth and young talent at CM we can afford to let a player like Marrone leave if it helps us build another area of the squad.

Once again we know how Conte reacts to certain players alla Elia Krasic Ziegler etc. Marrone isn't being used enough when he clearly has enough talent. I would keep him considering he should be getting more playing time. Conte has made mistake's and this could be one of them.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 pm

juveman17 wrote:
Juventude wrote:
inderbaby wrote:

I agree!

Once again we know how Conte reacts to certain players alla Elia Krasic Ziegler etc. Marrone isn't being used enough when he clearly has enough talent. I would keep him considering he should be getting more playing time. Conte has made mistake's and this could be one of them.

You should use better examples than Elia, Krasic and Ziegler. Currently, Krasic is being rumored with Torino and is used inconsistently and his stats are very unimpressive. Ziegler is with Fenerbache and is used inconsistently. Elia is at Werder and played in 24 games and had zero goals and three assists and just got suspended for the rest of the season after arguing with Police. I'd say Conte made pretty good decisions with those three players.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Because many clubs might prefer the cash straight up rather than a player + cash deal. If Fiorentina has an offer of 30M for Jovetic, and Juventus comes in with 20-25 + Marrone, which direction do you think they're going? I'm thinking the 30M, especially if they hold the same views as most of you, that Marrone is not a big talent.

I get what you're saying, Luca. However, I think Fiorentina would consider it if we are giving a huge discount over what the player we are offering could go for on the open market. For instance, I'm guessing that Marrone, due to his age and prospect status, could get for much more than 5m on the market right now. Therefore, if we offer 25m + Marrone, that could be a tremendous bargain to a team like Fiorentina if they were looking to get a midfielder or a striker (if we offered Matri or Quags in an alternative offer) this summer. Fiorentina might as well take 25m and a player like Marrone, Quags, or Matri rather than taking 30m and having to spend 10m for a replacement. That's why I think a player plus cash deal with Fiorentina is still very possible. They need some of our current players that will be available for transfer.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Juventude wrote:
juveman17 wrote:
Juventude wrote:

You should use better examples than Elia, Krasic and Ziegler. Currently, Krasic is being rumored with Torino and is used inconsistently and his stats are very unimpressive. Ziegler is with Fenerbache and is used inconsistently. Elia is at Werder and played in 24 games and had zero goals and three assists and just got suspended for the rest of the season after arguing with Police. I'd say Conte made pretty good decisions with those three players.

Ziegler and Elia were never given a fair chance. Krasic kinda was but my point is that Conte can be wrong and its possible he is wrong with Marrone.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 pm

But he wasn't wrong with any of those three players because after they left Juve they have yet to accomplish anything. Maybe, Elia and Ziegler will be great next year, but this year they basically stunk after getting the chance to prove themselves with lesser clubs than Juve.

Of course Conte could be wrong, but I have more faith in our coach after two scudetti to be right more often than he is wrong.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:

I get what you're saying, Luca. However, I think Fiorentina would consider it if we are giving a huge discount over what the player we are offering could go for on the open market. For instance, I'm guessing that Marrone, due to his age and prospect status, could get for much more than 5m on the market right now. Therefore, if we offer 25m + Marrone, that could be a tremendous bargain to a team like Fiorentina if they were looking to get a midfielder or a striker (if we offered Matri or Quags in an alternative offer) this summer. Fiorentina might as well take 25m and a player like Marrone, Quags, or Matri rather than taking 30m and having to spend 10m for a replacement. That's why I think a player plus cash deal with Fiorentina is still very possible. They need some of our current players that will be available for transfer.

I agree that it could be, I'm just saying Juventus shouldn't rely on bargaining chips because if the transfers fail it leaves an unhappy player on Juventus and a signing missed-out on.

Anyways, Marrone is talented he just unfortunately plays in a role that Juventus is stacked in. He is not displacing Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Marchisio, Vidal or Pirlo. His best position is in front of the defense. He's a valuable asset in my opinion but not unmovable by any means

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down