Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

+10
Tomwin Lannister
RedOranje
danyjr
sportsczy
RealGunner
McAgger
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
Adit
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Just pointing out that, to me, if your scoring focus is on a player that is not the CF then you're playing a false 9 system... CR7, Bale, etc are all false 9s.

Benzema is a false 9 in a way because he's only a "9" because that's the number on his shirt lol. Madrid's CFs are like the 3rd scoring option right now.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:Just pointing out that, to me, if your scoring focus is on a player that is not the CF then you're playing a false 9 system... CR7, Bale, etc are all false 9s.

Benzema is a false 9 in a way because he's only a "9" because that's the number on his shirt lol. Madrid's CFs are like the 3rd scoring option right now.

Benzema is a #0 - Ostracised by Ronaldo
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

jibers wrote:Benzema is a #0 - Ostracised by Ronaldo
Laughing
Let's not blame all his floppage on Cristiano.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 4:11 pm

danyjr wrote:
jibers wrote:Benzema is a #0 - Ostracised by Ronaldo
Laughing
Let's not blame all his floppage on Cristiano.
If he's a flop, then i guess Higuain should just go ahead and commit suicide Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Might receive some backlash for this but I think Rooney could fill a Totti-esque "False 9" role well. What he lacks in dribbling/close control he can more than make up for with intelligent movement and close range passing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 4:18 pm

I agree RO. I still think Rooney is better than RVP, as controversial as that may sound. Really love his game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

RedOranje wrote:Might receive some backlash for this but I think Rooney could fill a Totti-esque "False 9" role well. What he lacks in dribbling/close control he can more than make up for with intelligent movement and close range passing.

Hmm maybe he could. But I reckon wherever he does, it'll be to partner up top with somebody else.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 4:20 pm

RedOranje wrote:Might receive some backlash for this but I think Rooney could fill a Totti-esque "False 9" role well. What he lacks in dribbling/close control he can more than make up for with intelligent movement and close range passing.

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? - Page 2 Computer-close-hulk
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 28, 2013 4:22 pm

rofl Jibers

To be fair he could probably do it, but obviously not to the level of Totti.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

If someone else had said that jibers would probably have agreed rather than image-spamming... he simply doesn't like me. Sad

"Totti-esque" was meant to refer to style, not level.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:if he's a flop guess Higuain should just go ahead and commit suicide Laughing
Except Higuaín has been immaculate for Argentina and scored 9 in World Cup qualifications and let's not talk about Benzema's superb performances for Les Bleus (Diaby has scored more than him Laughing). And I'm not just talking stats.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 28, 2013 4:45 pm

RedOranje wrote:If someone else had said that jibers would probably have agreed rather than image-spamming... he simply doesn't like me. Sad

Red, its actually because Jibers is known in not rating Wayne Rooney as highly as others do as his dislike for the player goes beyond his indifference to his talent, yet his work ethic. I can assure you its not out of prejudice towards you.

Not that you'd care anyway.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 28, 2013 4:46 pm

I have to agree with my main main Jibs here on all points. False 9 is a #10 playing without a #9 in front of them. Suarez never did that for us. When he played by himself before the arrival of Sturridge he was actually making runs behind the defense and one of the main reasons he dropped back was because Sterling/Suso/Downing weren't good enough in getting him the ball, so he had to drop to pick it up. Suarez was primarily a striker that dropped back to link up play (a la Lewa and what Benz does for Madrid). When Sturridge arrived, Suarez started playing as a SS. You can't classify him as false 9 when he clearly had a #9 in front of him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
RedOranje wrote:If someone else had said that jibers would probably have agreed rather than image-spamming... he simply doesn't like me. Sad

Red, its actually because Jibers is known in not rating Wayne Rooney as highly as others do as his dislike for the player goes beyond his indifference to his talent, yet his work ethic. I can assure you its not out of prejudice towards you.

Yes, that's the joke, Arq.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:If he's a flop, then i guess Higuain should just go ahead and commit suicide Laughing
Expectations when Benzema was signed: Galactico signing will take Madrid to the next level
What actually happened: Was very lazy for 1.5 years, made no effort to adapt to the culture, Mou set him straight after tough love but still only has one good season to his name in three years, and he has forgotten how to make runs.

Expectations when Higgy was signed: the least talented and hyped of an investment in 3 south american signings of Higgy, Gago and Marcelo, expectations were cautious about him, to say the least.
What actually happened: Always gave his best for Madrid, never complained or acted like a diva in spite of never being first choice, carried Madrid when no other goalscorers were stepping up such as in 09/10.

Given that flops are measured by the expectations going in, it is clear to me which one is the flop and which was a moderate success.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Alfi, I want your thoughts on whether you would want to see Higuain in Juventus or staying in Real Madrid? If leave or stay, kindly provide the reasons onto your desire's and your decision you would possibly make if acting for or AS Higuian himself.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 5:12 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Yes, that's the joke, Arq.

LOL. So you do care Red Proud

Red I don't hink it will work. Rooney is too sluggish and he has lost his pace, he is not quick on the turn and will get frustrated very easily. Every game we played a sort of 451 with Rooney essentially required to drop deep he just looke dfrustrated and he gets dispossessed far too easily. Totti was Iniesta esque and far more intelligent. Rooney will get crowded out far too easily. Rooney is better as a #9. First of all that clown needs to lose weight and stop getting takeouts every night.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Arq I'll respond in the higuain thread so as to not derail this tread further

http://www.goallegacy.net/t30119p144-which-club-do-you-think-gonzalo-higuain-will-go-to
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Rooney's apparent loss of pace is a matter of fitness rather than injury though, so it's a temporary rather than permanent change. Mentality may be a question but I do think he can be motivated to put in the work and stay focused... though I'm not sure if Moyes is the man to do it. Rooney's turning might not be the best but again, I think he's ability to pick short passes and find pockets of space can overcome that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 5:25 pm

RedOranje wrote:Rooney's apparent loss of pace is a matter of fitness rather than injury though, so it's a temporary rather than permanent change. Mentality may be a question but I do think he can be motivated to put in the work and stay focused... though I'm not sure if Moyes is the man to do it. Rooney's turning might not be the best but again, I think he's ability to pick short passes and find pockets of space can overcome that.

This gas been an issue for almost 5 years now Red so yea its not that simple. His diet has been shocking and fitness has been deteriorating for years so him playing that role just doesn't seem feasible. His passing is alos not the best, he misplaces a lot of passes actually and did so consistentlly this season and last.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't agree that his pace has been gone for 5 years now... I've noted it in the past season or so but before that he was still quite quick on and off the ball. I also disagree on his passing. I think possession was generally lost by United's wingers, not Rooney this past season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 pm

RedOranje wrote:I don't agree that his pace has been gone for 5 years now... I've noted it in the past season or so but before that he was still quite quick on and off the ball. I also disagree on his passing. I think possession was generally lost by United's wingers, not Rooney this past season.

Well let's agree to disagree. He lost the ball a lt and tracked back to recover it.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 am

Rodgers is wrong explaining his teams tactics? Well,thats like our opinion man.Up Until sturrides arrival Suarez role can be best described as a false 9 role.

His heat map and passing maps before January clearly attests Rodgers was right.

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? - Page 2 Suarez-heat-map

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? - Page 2 Suarez-passes

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? - Page 2 Suarez-heat-map

''The above shows Suarez’ heat map against Tottenham. He was not only dropping deep but was constantly in midfield with no one getting in. Often he drops deep out of frustration due to lack of service, and takes it upon himself to take possession and distribute.''
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed May 29, 2013 6:54 am

Suarez more complete than Messi? Holy hell.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 29, 2013 7:34 am

Suarez and Messi are TQ's

Strootman is a DM

Muntari is a Fantasista
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 11:07 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Suarez and Messi are TQ's

Strootman is a DM

Muntari is a Fantasista

Gtfo Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2