Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

+10
Tomwin Lannister
RedOranje
danyjr
sportsczy
RealGunner
McAgger
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
Adit
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? Empty Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Special talents demand special roles. The false nine is not a position such as right back or left wing but a principle in which a player is allocated an area to work in the most dangerous on the pitch..false 9 role need specific skillset to work consistently.It requires exceptional technique and dribbling in very limited space and running towards CBs from the hole is very different from cutting inside from the wings to central position. It requires very high level of dribbling technique,something Messi and Suarez both has.It is not just about dribbling ,having a false 9 role means you will have to orchestrate your entire teams attack as well.If the false 9 is having an off day it is very likely that team is not going to score from team work (other than individual goals).

I have yet to see another player who is qualified enough to play the false 9 role. Most of them have 1 or 2 traits and not all and that is important,you either have all or you go home in this role. Messi and Suarez even though they can be classified false 9 both does the work in different way. Messi barely overloads the wings,barely makes runs behind the defenders and always places him centrally and always cuts inside from the right.

While Suarez like some AMs like Ozil,Goetze moves to the wings and overloads. He also makes lot of off the ball movement behind the CBs , he drifts to both wings unlike messi and to me Suarez is the most complete false 9 in the world. (surely not the best lol). He does it all but we all know even though Messi only works centrally now days his ability in that regard is so good it is still good enough to warrant a Balondor.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? Empty Re: Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Totti

Dude a false 9 can be interpreted in different ways. Barcelona's way is not the only way. Totti played a false 9 before Pep even took over. Cesc Played a false 9 for Spain. All different, depending on what system you use.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? Empty Re: Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ?

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Totti was a fale 9 ,not any more.Talking about present and future.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Adit wrote:Totti was a fale 9 ,not any more.Talking about present and future.

Cesc?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 7:27 pm

jibers wrote:

Cesc?

Good point but im going to say Cesc was never going to succeed there consistently,in a international tournament or against fodders where there is not enough organisation of defense,sure it will work. But club level is far superior to Int comp level and club teams will surely get adjusted to a player like cesc playing false 9 who has very little surprise element in him imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Adit wrote:
jibers wrote:

Cesc?

Good point but im going to say Cesc was never going to succeed there consistently,in a international tournament or against fodders where there is not enough organisation of defense,sure it will work. But club level is far superior to Int comp level and club teams will surely get adjusted to a player like cesc playing false 9 who has very little surprise element in him imo.

Yea but Totti and Messi are the only players that have done this consisently so how does Suarez come into this?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 pm

If we are going to get technical then Benzema and Ibra are technically false 9s.

Also i don't really consider Suarez a false 9, false 9s drop into midfield with regularity Suarez doesn't really do that unless Sturridge is playing CF.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Suarez has played the role consistently this season for me to call him a false 9. It is not a case of cesc playing 5 or max 6 games in an international competition with out even scoring that much for a striker position.

Mole,like i said in my post i dont think false 9 means the striker will have to drop into midfield..suarez moves towards both wings,drops deep and makes him difficult to mark as a player for opposition CBs.

I think the advantage is that the false 9 gets barely marked and helps the team have numerical advantage in various parts of the field. Messi helps Barca have numerical advantage in midfield while Suarez floods the wings most ,he also drops deep though,not as deep as messi but enough to distort the back line and make him difficult to mark.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Adit wrote:Suarez has played the role consistently this season for me to call him a false 9. It is not a case of cesc playing 5 or max 6 games in an international competition with out even scoring that much for a striker position.

Mole,like i said in my post i dont think false 9 means the striker will have to drop into midfield..suarez moves towards both wings,drops deep and makes him difficult to mark as a player for opposition CBs.

I think the advantage is that the false 9 gets barely marked and helps the team have numerical advantage in various parts of the field. Messi helps Barca have numerical advantage in midfield while Suarez floods the wings most ,he also drops deep though,not as deep as messi but enough to distort the back line and make him difficult to mark.

Shearer used to do that lol, there's more to it than that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Ibra ? Gotze ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Suarez leads the line for us when Sturridge doesn't start. When Sturridge does start, Suarez is more of an SS/LF than a false 9. If you consider SS and false 9 the same thing then good for you, you can end the argument there, if not (and you shouldn't) then we have a case. I wouldn't classify him as a false 9. I think the idea of him playing false 9 caught up only because no one has a f*cking clue what it means in England.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Adit wrote:Suarez has played the role consistently this season for me to call him a false 9. It is not a case of cesc playing 5 or max 6 games in an international competition with out even scoring that much for a striker position.

Shearer used to do that lol, there's more to it than that.

Was shearer able to be the main creative force of the team ? was he able to run at the CBs like Suarez and Messi can?

Like i said there are players who prolly have 1 or 2 traits but dont think they classify as a false 9 role.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm

McAgger wrote:Suarez leads the line for us when Sturridge doesn't start. When Sturridge does start, Suarez is more of an SS/LF than a false 9. If you consider SS and false 9 the same thing then good for you, you can end the argument there, if not (and you shouldn't) then we have a case. I wouldn't classify him as a false 9. I think the idea of him playing false 9 caught up only because no one has a f*cking clue what it means in England.

Sturrides arrival definitely halted suarez playing the false 9 role but up until january he played that role

Rodgers said

Rodgers wrote:He plays the false nine role like Messi does for Barcelona where he moves freely and others have to get in behind him to penetrate,”
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Benzema can be a fantastic false 9.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Benzema can be a fantastic false 9.

I think he is a wanna be false 9, he has bulked up and can barely go past a player in one on one let alone running at CBs.I think the last player he dribbled was puyol who is worse than albiol now days.

Benzema has that creative ability and tactical sense but i think his lack of penetration means his best role prolly is a SS .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Except Totti played a false 9 compleytely differnt to Messi. Roma where a counter attacking team and he drew out defenders and allowed players in behind to score quick counters. Totti doesn't have that burst of pace to get pastplayers. A false 9 is a player that drops deep and doesn't play as an orthodox striker. Suarez never played as a false 9. The definition that Rodgers uses is wrong. Yes I said it, he is wrong.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Jibers is spot on. Roma of 04-07 started the false 9 tradition in the modern game.

Apart from Messi and Suarez is there any other false 9 ? Roma_totti_vucinic_perrotta_de_rossi_pizarro
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 pm

False 9 is really a number 10 back in the 80s.... basically a AM with great goalscoring ability. Platini was a false 9 in today's terms.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:False 9 is really a number 10 back in the 80s.... basically a AM with great goalscoring ability. Platini was a false 9 in today's terms.

Fale 9 is a #10 without a #9. Platini always had a #9 to play off
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 pm

jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:False 9 is really a number 10 back in the 80s.... basically a AM with great goalscoring ability. Platini was a false 9 in today's terms.

Fale 9 is a #10 without a striker.
or a striker that goes wide or drops back depending on what your 10 does like Paolo Rossi did with Platini.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
jibers wrote:

Fale 9 is a #10 without a striker.
or a striker that goes wide or drops back depending on what your 10 does like Paolo Rossi did with Platini.

False 9 was actually first used for what Totti did. So nope.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 8:33 pm

I disagree. Platini chose when he wanted to play CF or AM and his striker adapted. To me, that's exactly what Totti, Messi, etc. do: They dictate the movements and positions of the people around them depending on the play. Paolo Rossi basically became David Villa lol.... a shame too. He was amazing in WC 1982.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Don't know why you are brinigng up Platini tbh. He said players in the present.

Me saying Cruyff was a false 9 adds nothing to this debate
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Sports tbh I feel that people are to obssessed with false 9s and labelling players.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Just pointing out that, to me, if your scoring focus is on a player that is not the CF then you're playing a false 9 system... CR7, Bale, etc are all false 9s.

Benzema is a false 9 in a way because he's only a "9" because that's the number on his shirt lol. Madrid's CFs are like the 3rd scoring option right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next