S
McAgger
izzy
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
42 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid Empty Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:21 pm

In the after-match the journalists spoke to Pipita:

"I feel like my cycle here has finished, I need a change of scenery. It has been seven years, very intense, hard, joyful. It was a premeditated decision. It's hard, but I want to go to a new club, to get new challenges. The decision has been made.

"I'm not leaving because of the whistling. In seven years it is the first time I hear those. It was other things, but I won't say which. I've stayed here for seven years and it's for something. I have equaled Juanito as the 14th highest scorer of Madrid's history. I hope the club does right by me.

"Last year I had some meetings, but the mister and teammates convinced me to stay. Now, it's been seven years and it's a mutual decision. It's not the first year I'm up for sale, every year they throw my name around.

"No one ever served anything on a platter for me, I always had to work til death. Every true Madridista knows I've given my all to this club. Statistically I'm leaving happy, I've won titles, I've been captain, I was able to get the fans to cheer my name. I'm not sure where I'm going. The club already knows I want to leave. Hopefully it all works out.

"Offers? Juventus has approached me, there are offers. Juventus are a historic and mythical club. There are people talking about what kind of player I am, Cannavaro, Valdano, and others.

"I would like to go somewhere where I am appreciated, that truly wants me and to rewards that trust to the team that gives it to me. I'm leaving. How could I be happy. I'm leaving teammates, friends. I'm leaving because I need a breeze of fresh air. That's it, I wanted to state the matter clearly so there's no more speculation."

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/06/01/primera/1370109602_482595.html
http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/espana/quieran_0_929907238.html

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:07 am; edited 5 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid Empty Re: Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:23 pm

One of my favourite Real Madrid players ever. I wish him all the best and will continue to follow his career.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid Empty Re: Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid

Post by izzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 pm

FFS.
It was inevitable.
Sad
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Same for me. One of my favorite Madrid players. What a hardworking and model professional Pipita is. Any team would be lucky to have him. Hopefully he moves to a team that I have a soft spot for.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Its about time he left that circus of a team.

Come to Juve plz.You will be truly be appreciated here.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 pm

I don't know.
Would it be wise for him to join a club where every win is, 'questionable'? hmm
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah it's a wonder how Juve have ever even won a Scudetto with the shit players like Del Piero, Nedved, Platini, Baggio, Cannavaro, Trezegol, Viera, Thuram etc etc.

Dem reffs have been too kind.

Anyway Higgy, come to papa Juve cheers
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Juve has a rich history with French strikers :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:41 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Yeah it's a wonder how Juve have ever even won a Scudetto with the shit players like Del Piero, Nedved, Platini, Baggio, Cannavaro, Trezegol, Viera, Thuram etc etc.

Dem reffs have been too kind.

Anyway Higgy, come to papa Juve cheers

...And yet, there are questions...

Higuain announces he is leaving Madrid Question
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:41 pm

A great move. He will finally reach his true potential at Juventus, or any other club in all honesty.

Wish Benzema realise that too
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Sad
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:45 pm

He'll go to Juve, PSG are getting ROoney

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:31 pm

I would love to see him at the BVB. Juve would be a good option for him too, and probably the more likely one Wink

Either way, i hope he'll go to a club where he will be appreciated as the great player he is...
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Trust me the majority of Madridismo absolutely adores him. Problem is there are always the fickle minority who prefers shiny toys over players with real substance and that minority actually get to make decisions as to who comes and who goes.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:48 pm

I could hear the champagne bottles pop at the Marca offices all the way from Boston.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:49 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:"I'm not leaving because of the whistling. In seven years it is the first time I hear those. It was other things, but I won't say which. I've stayed here for seven years and it's for something. I have equaled Juanito as the 14th highest scorer of Madrid's history. I hope the club does right by me. Last year I had some meetings, but the mister and teammates convinced me to stay. Now, it's been seven years and it's a mutual decision
Sad

I hope he's successful wherever he is. It is good for his career and Argentina to leave Madrid. Benzema is there to stay, especially with his stepdaddy becoming the sporting director. Since the arrival of Pérez Higuaín's been playing second fiddle, often third fiddle.

I'll certainly miss watching him in La Liga. I think Madrid will get Cavani/Suárez to replace him. Should be interesting.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Does Higuain himself have any noted preferences as to where he may go? As an Argentine does he have a fondness for Italy over England and Germany, or anything like that?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm

I don't think he's stated any actual preference, but he's spoken quite highly of Juventus.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Madrid won't sign a star striker. It's clear Benzema is going to be given starter status next season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:55 pm

RedOranje wrote:Does Higuain himself have any noted preferences as to where he may go? As an Argentine does he have a fondness for Italy over England and Germany, or anything like that?

Only Juve and Arsenal have made contact with him apparently. Agreeing terms with him would be super easy (his contract is criminally cheap) so he might just end up anywhere.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:07 am

hope higuain bosses it at where ever he goes, will miss you and will respect the love he has for the club and fans
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:09 am

Zealous wrote:Madrid won't sign a star striker. It's clear Benzema is going to be given starter status next season.
100% sure you will sign a striker. No doubt about that.

RedOranje wrote:Does Higuain himself have any noted preferences as to where he may go? As an Argentine does he have a fondness for Italy over England and Germany, or anything like that?
Most Argentines do have a special fondness for Italy, as most of us are from Italian descent. Fortunately I'm not Twisted Evil
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:12 am

Higuain himself is of Franco-Basque descent, so I doubt he would find an ancestral appeal to Italy. He hasn't spoken about an exit before today, but from reading it, it seems he's more interested in the project and importance they can offer him than the geographic location.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schrutebucks Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:17 am

He wasn't a lock to become an Argentine international when he was making his decision all those years back, so I guess he should have some affinity to his place of birth.

Wonder how bad he'd get panned by opposition supporters if he went to PSG.
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 am

I've been waiting for this day Proud

Come to Tottenham, AVB has been waiting for you Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next