Uncanny
kraaviec
lszanto
Soul
Shed
26 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official José Mourinho Thread

Post by Shed Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:29 pm

I don't see how he can. That would mean playing Mata one side and Hazard the other, so where would that leave Oscar, Schurrle, increasing talk of Hulk, etc?

Don't see it myself. He stuck to the 4-2-3-1 at Real and I think he will do here as well.

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official José Mourinho Thread

Post by Soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about the Madrid formation. I was hoping we could go back to 4-3-3 which I am a fan of but with the given players it's not plausible..
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Levene: Mourinho will rebuild Chelsea's spine:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/130604/levene-mourinho-will-rebuild-chelseas-spine-198912

Dan Levene on talksport discussing Mou's return and how he might go about things in the coming weeks and months.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:20 pm

AUDIO: Poyet: English football needed José Mourinho back:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130608/exclusive-%E2%80%93-gus-poyet-english-football-needed-jose-mourinho-back-chelsea-1992

"I’m absolutely delighted. I’m a big, big fan of Jose. I think it’s going to be good. I don’t know why people are being so negative. It’s going to be fantastic."
"People think that the second time around it’s never as good but I think it will be because he’s got the personality, the knowledge and the fans love him."
"Everything is in place for him to have a good few years at the club."
"Jose will bring something special to the team. He’s perfect for England."
"He’s unique and he brings plenty into the equation. He always has an opinion, he’s very honest. People like that. He’s a winner and it’s people like this that you need in English football."

Gus Poyet on talkSPORT from the Barbados Legends Tour discussing Mourinho's return.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Gus knows where its at Cool
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:45 am

You’re not special if you don’t win... but I do win:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4961186/Jose-Mourinho-You-are-not-special-if-you-dont-win-but-I-win.html

It was love at first sight. Chelsea is a club which is a big part of me. They’re in my heart.
I’ve always wanted Chelsea to win and be successful, except when my teams have played against them — then I wanted to kill them!
When I left Chelsea I started to miss English football.
I’m passionate about English football and knew I would return eventually.
Going back to England was obligatory but I knew it wouldn’t be good to go back so soon.
Maybe I’m not the best coach in the world — but I don’t think there’s a better coach than me.
I don’t want to be called a legend but I have a great history which is difficult to compare. I consider myself a great coach.

And a dozen other quotes Laughing

Should be a brilliant presser on Monday The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 4 Emot-munch

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:55 am

Seriously can't wait.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:49 am

Watched this earlier today. Documentary on José from Sky Sports' Football's Greatest Managers series. I think Barrett posted it on here a while back but if you haven't seen it yet, I definitely recommend.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:38 am

Less than 9 hours now Chaka
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 am

Time to squash the Jose doesn't like youth players theory.

Taken from Here (Link) and originally from here (Link)

José Mourinho’s team 19+4 won the Treble

The work José Mourinho undertook at Internazionale Milano FC is highly appreciated – especially his vision of football. Mourinho supervised the work of Inter’s youth academy via regular visits, meetings and open discussion with youth coaches in order to develop new Inter players. Mourinho launched the so-called 19+4 format in the Senior A team squad. He wanted to have 19 experienced, world-class players plus four promising youngsters from the club academy. The academy is therefore responsible for developing at least four players capable of joining the Inter A team every season.

Now, if he does something similar at Chelsea, I doubt we'll not see youth players joining the first team. He said he wanted to be here long term, this is what he has to do to make sure he is here long term.

Going off that model. We need 23 players. Here is our current squad with possible youth players in red.
Goal Keepers Cech, Blackman, Delac
Defenders Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Christensen, Cole, Bertrand
Midfielders Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Romeu,Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Moses, De Bruyne, Marin
Strikers Torres, Ba, Lukaku
Now that's 27 players, If we send Ake and Lukaku out on loan. Sell Marin and perhaps not promote Christensen. We get:
Defenders Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Bertrand
Midfielders Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Romeu, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Moses, De Bruyne
Strikers Torres, Ba
Now we're down to 23 players, However, in England we are allowed 25 man squads. I would be surprised if we headed into next season with any less. So let's buy two players to make up the 25. Hmm, how about Cavani and De Rossi? I would also be willing to bet that Essien will be mostly used as a RB, so let's put him in defence for now.

Defenders Azpilicueta, Essien, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Bertrand
Midfielders De Rossi, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Romeu, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Moses, De Bruyne
Strikers Cavani, Torres, Ba

That basically fits the model. hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:11 am

We can throw out a bunch pf presumptive guesswork all we want, the reality is he's never developed a youth player in his entire career, and near on never even gives them a chance here and there in the side.

If he doesn't change that for this spell at Chelsea his stay will be a short one, I reckon.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 am

John obi Mikel, Davide Santon and Mario Balotelli all say hi.

Also, none of them like you.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:32 am

He developed them how? Mikel he turned from a hugely promising young attacking midfielder into a bang-average defensive mid. Balotelli and Santon? Yea, he developed them so well Balotelli was sold the summer he left and became 4th-string striker at City and Santon currently plays for mid-table Newcastle.

Great job!!
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 am

What I am saying is he gave them all chances to prove themselves at a young age. Not ignored them like many people think. If the talent is there, Jose will play them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:39 am

History proves otherwise.

But who cares, let's just go on complete presumption and guesswork, eh!!

Rolling Eyes
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 am

I give up on you.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:48 am

It's not me Kicky, it's facts. He's never developed a first-team player for a top club in his entire career - which, if he wants to stay at Chelsea "for 10 years" as he claims, he's going to be expected to do. If Mou fanboys would stop trying to rewrite history there'd be no arguments.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:53 am

Shed wrote:It's not me Kicky, it's facts. He's never developed a first-team player for a top club in his entire career - which, if he wants to stay at Chelsea "for 10 years" as he claims, he's going to be expected to do. If Mou fanboys would stop trying to rewrite history there'd be no arguments.

He has never been at a club long enough to, in fairness to him. I am providing examples of players he gave chances to and should he continue to do so, he will develop someone.

The Chelsea team he had didn't have any decent youth players which he could develop. At Inter he tried and could have succeeded in grooming a few had he stayed longer and I don't think he ever really cared for Real, he just wanted the trophy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 am

Kick wrote:He has never been at a club long enough to, in fairness to him.

Which is part of the argument against him.

---

Anyway, we'll see what happens in the future, but up to this point, he hasn't done it. I'm not sure why WAGNH or anyone else are trying to pretend otherwise.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:26 am

Anyway, back to current affairs. Will you be staying up late to watch press conference Kicky? Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 am

Perhaps, its at like 10pm, will it be streamed live?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:45 am

On Chelsea TV and a live feed on the club's youtube channel Thumbs up
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:46 am

I might then. Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:47 am

I'll be turning in early to ensure I'm up for it at 8:30 Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:48 am

I hope he doesn't disapoint. Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:56 am

Same The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 4 Fingerscrossed
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next