sportsczy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Uncanny
41 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What does signing Jesus Navas mean for Manchester City - Page 2 Empty Re: What does signing Jesus Navas mean for Manchester City

Post by dronte Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Guess I'm the only one who thinks Navas will flop hard @ City (even though I rate him kinda high) because of his love of his homeland.. And seriously, England? Couldn't find a worse country than that?
It's already hard enough for him to move away, and then he chooses a country where the weather is the exact opposite of Spain Very Happy and I'm totally serious on this one.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What does signing Jesus Navas mean for Manchester City - Page 2 Empty Re: What does signing Jesus Navas mean for Manchester City

Post by Uncanny Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 pm

dronte wrote:Guess I'm the only one who thinks Navas will flop hard @ City (even though I rate him kinda high) because of his love of his homeland.. And seriously, England? Couldn't find a worse country than that?
It's already hard enough for him to move away, and then he chooses a country where the weather is the exact opposite of Spain Very Happy and I'm totally serious on this one.

very true
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 am

Dont understand the weather or Spainish players cant fit into the English league? So many have succeeded there.

Im just imagining and hopeful Navas providing crosses for Dezko to put away :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Dont understand the weather or Spainish players cant fit into the English league? So many have succeeded there.

Im just imagining and hopeful Navas providing crosses for Dezko to put away :bow:
I really want him to succeed in England, def a fan of him
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:30 am

Ill stop short of saying he will tear up the league right away, though i think he will be a decent player.

However, have to say the 25 mil fee seems steep to me. Maybe its inflated because its City, but hes worth no more than 15 mil IMO
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 am

che wrote:considering the guy had a grand total of 0 goals and 6 assists all year i'm gonna hazard a guess that he wasn't exactly highly sought after...

Wow one bad year. pls stop.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am

I remember watching Navas come on in the France Qualification game and he was abusing Evra and Jallet some many times in his 30min sub that I lost track.

He should succeeded he has the talent and provide it in the club and International level only thing is if he can adjust mentally with living aboard.

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:31 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Dont understand the weather or Spainish players cant fit into the English league? So many have succeeded there.

As I've said and others mentioned before, the only reason Navas played his whole career in Sevilla because he has terrible homesickness when moving away. He rejected transfers multiple times solely for this reason. It's not because he is Spanish, more like a mental problem.
I really do hope he can get through it though.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 am

dronte wrote:

As I've said and others mentioned before, the only reason Navas played his whole career in Sevilla because he has terrible homesickness when moving away. He rejected transfers multiple times solely for this reason. It's not because he is Spanish, more like a mental problem.
I really do hope he can get through it though.

I remember that. Bergkamp used to have this problem with flying and really disrupted him playing for Arsenal abroad. Im sure Man C will make him feel at home, with other Spainish players in the EPL also...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Yeah, Jesus had sought professional help before the WC 10, and its likely helped him as he made the squads for both WC10 and Euro 12. Those days are behind him. One can only wonder what might have been if he were to move to greener pastures soon after he initially established himself at 23 years of age.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:29 pm

this is a real challenge for him. New club, new country ...
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 am

You make it sound like he'll be isolated at City.

Half of City's first team speak Spanish lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 am

The only challenge will be the weather Rolling Eyes

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 pm

have they actually signed both already?

If they have then Citys 2013 summer signings = :bow:

Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 pm

nah they haven't signed Isco yet but I wouldn't be surprised if a deal was finalised soon
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 am

Looked lively against Haiti, just the type of player City needed to come off the bench with speed against tired players but also change the way we attack. He could regularly start against middle to low PL teams especially CL season.

I like how every chance he got the ball he was looking to stretch the congested defensive line causing panic and putting the ball in the box.

A no bullsheeet old fashioned winger, I like it.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:32 am

ynwa wrote:You make it sound like he'll be isolated at City.

its not that, its just from what I read about him that he has really bad homesickness and like I and a few other mentioned before, it's really a mental problem, which more or less seems to be resolved now that he accepted a move to England. But I think its pretty cool that he's braving it out and trying out something new and facing this
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:11 pm

animal.crackers wrote:Looked lively against Haiti, just the type of player City needed to come off the bench with speed against tired players but also change the way we attack. He could regularly start against middle to low PL teams especially CL season.

I like how every chance he got the ball he was looking to stretch the congested defensive line causing panic and putting the ball in the box.

A no bullsheeet old fashioned winger, I like it.

Who is your backup forward looking like? Dzeko?.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:28 pm

Uncanny wrote:

its not that, its just from what I read about him that he has really bad homesickness and like I and a few other mentioned before, it's really a mental problem, which more or less seems to be resolved now that he accepted a move to England. But I think its pretty cool that he's braving it out and trying out something new and facing this
He apparently sought out help for his homesickness and has overcome it in the last few years. Hence his inclusion with the national team...

Seems that this is not a problem anymore.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Did Navas suffer from some sort of anxiety
and I also heard of the homesickness.

Hopefully this won't come back to haunt him at City
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:48 am

Aguero
Isco Silva Navas
Toure Fernandinho

Shocked

Uncanny wrote:

That was a while ago, mate. During the 2010 World Cup, iirc.

He's apparently seeked help and overcame his issues since then.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 am

looks to me like City are not after Isco tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 am

yea i dont think isco is coming either, in all honesty, these shouldve been the signings last summer, oh well.

Aguero
Nasri Silva Navas
Toure Fernandinho

The squad is looking pretty sick, they may want to go for full back or another center back too
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:51 am

Uncanny wrote:yea i dont think isco is coming either, in all honesty, these shouldve been the signings last summer, oh well.

Aguero
Nasri Silva Navas
Toure Fernandinho

The squad is looking pretty sick, they may want to go for full back or another center back too

:facepalm:
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 am

Grooverider wrote:
Uncanny wrote:yea i dont think isco is coming either, in all honesty, these shouldve been the signings last summer, oh well.

Aguero
Nasri Silva Navas
Toure Fernandinho

:facepalm:

Nasri still have '' potential '' :coffee:

ISn't this line up too offensive. Yaya is not going to defend that much, he prefers venturing forward.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 am

Aguero
Nasri Silva Navas
Toure Fernandinho

They have the best full backs in the league. 

They also have good cover in defence, but they could probably buy a new CB to replace Kolo Toure as the 4th choice. Or they could use Micah Richards. Not too sure what happened to him, really. Just seemed to get dropped and never regained his spot. 

They struggled last year because of Mancini and injuries to the likes of Aguero and co in the final third.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next