goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 27 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/28zbhg/spoilers_all_waking_dragons_out_of_stone/

Melisandre will burn Shireen so that her death can pay for Jon's life. With a sacrifice of king's blood, she will wake a dragon (Jon Targaryen) from stone (Greyscale-ridden Shireen).

This is a very interesting theory. Very well documented too.

Yea that's the general consensus of what will happen. Read that few months ago. It's interesting though because Melisandre will have to do this in secret. Plus there will be a war going on between the Pro Jon and Anti Jon. Anti Jon are a massive force.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 27 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:36 pm

I think the Maesters are a huge wild card in the saga. Maester Marwyn mentions that they were responsible for the extinction of dragons and then you have Jaqen H'ghar and one of the Sand Snakes snooping around the Citadel too. And also Marwyn is a strange character. We know he trained Mirri Maz Dhur and Qyburn has a high opinion of him which makes it seem like he will have an antagonistic role in the story but he is going to Meeren to help Dany and seems to be pro dragons.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-michelle-fairley_n_5530215.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Show writers pls.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Spent a fair amount of time last night reading this. A very brief history of the Westerlands with the destruction of House Reyne and House Tarbeck specially detailed.

http://www.historyofwesteros.com/concarolinas-westerlands-reading/

Mother of Rhllor, Tywin Shocked :bow: Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:27 pm

thanks for the link M99.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 am

GRRM: “I find that question pretty offensive, frankly, when people start speculating about my death and my health. So *bleep* you to those people.”

“I don’t know what I can do about it, you know. I can’t write many more than one word at a time. And I know myself, I’m 65 years old now; I’ve been writing professionally since 1971. I know my working methods. I don’t work when I travel, I don’t work in hotels, I don’t work on airplanes, I don’t work on trains. I work at home, when I have a nice, big uninterrupted block of time in which I can really lose myself in my work. And it’s worked for me for my entire adult life. I’m not going to change it now because some people are too impatient to wait for the next book.”
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:33 am

Alex Graves kicked out cheers

Some Breaking Bad Director is replacing him. Thankgod for that. All the bad episodes were directed by Graves lol

Also, they are shooting in Spain currently. Dorne in Spain :bow: :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Lol he was not that bad. He just was much better at directing the big battle scenes than the small moments between characters. But didn't he do blackwater? And that kicked ass.

That being said I think he's also responsible for the rape of Cersei so yeah... good riddance...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm

GRRM ffs

"'We learned that to our sorrow, Ser Donnel', Catelyn said. Sometimes she felt as though her heart had turned to stone..."
Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 am

yeap.. there are at least 1-2 more like this one in the books foreshadowing her.

BTW . Anyone read Sean Bean's latest interview? He confirmed (once again) "i'm obviously not Jon's father" . I was reading a discussion they had at reddit , it was all about if he's aware of what he says (Martin revealed it to him) or if that was simply just his opinion on the matter .

I think he knows , otherwise he would have specificaly mentioned that this was just what he thought about it , right? Martin must be fuming , i mean , 2nd time not even in weeks he basically confirms the R+L = J Laughing

He also said he would very much like to return playing Ned through flashbacks , if they decide to make any , through Bran . Not sure if i would like R+L=J being revealed this way , but surely Ned could drop a big hint for R+L=J , which Bran will get to find out . And this way , he would fullfil his promise to Jon last time he saw him , to tell him about his mother . It could be some sort of poetic justice to the character and then Bran should pass that down to Jon somehow. Perhaps something that's in the Winterfell crypts , in Lyanna's tomd hmm

I would sure as hell like to see Ned back in the show through flashbacks , talking to a tree half the time Proud

Get in there , D&D pls Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:01 am

Agreed, it would be amazing to see Ned through flashbacks. The fact that we saw a sample of Bran's visions in the past season leads me to believe that they're laying the ground for the weirwood visions. It's interesting that urban posted a compilation of all the Season 1 trailers and it appeared to have the briefest glimpse, for less than a second, of Brandon Stark choking before the Mad King, perhaps a scene they filmed then decided to hold for a later date? hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 am

I think that's part of the infamous first pilot where the producers were told that "nothing works". I think it's unlikely that we'll see those as full flashbacks but perhaps as a split image in Bran's visions.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Looking at the new casts. No Greyjoys or Arianne scratch

If they have been dropped....
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:51 am

Trystane Martell is described as Doran Martell's son and the heir to Dorne so it looks pretty likely that Arianne and Quentyn are getting cut unless HBO made a mistake. I thought they would not cut Arianne since she was integral to the plot and looks likely to marry Aegon but now I feel like earlier speculation of Aegon and Jon Connington being cut may be proven right after all. The speculation began when it was implied in the show that Stannis hires the Golden Company with his funds from the Iron Bank.

There were reports that deviation from the book would get larger and larger. Two audition tapes revealed a huge change from the book. MASSIVE SPOILERS, you have been warned.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Up until now the plot of GoT has generally followed that of ASOIAF with a few tweaks here and there, but nothing absolutely major. I really can't see them getting rid of Aegon and Arianne altogether.

Might be like Jojen and Meera who were not introduced when they were supposed to be but were brought on later in the show.

Or they could just be keeping a few announcements to themselves.

Also confirmed is that Jeyne Westerling will feature in the prologue, possibly in an attack to the Lannister convoy transporting Edmure to Casterly Rock.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:55 pm

My guess is the Greyjoy brothers , Quentyn and Arianne are meant for season 6 . Not sure if they are going to introduce anyone of the 3 in s5(my buest guess would be Damphair because he's already in Pyke) , but i feel at the very least 2 of them will appear in Season 6. Nothing to base that of except maybe , having such a Dorne injection cast into the show might have made things a tad too difficult to introduce Greyjoys at the same time as well . I think it's easy to understand that not only this would be tricky for the audience but most important of all , there's not enough time to give them , the show is 10 hours , perhaps a bit more . Given how many characters exist already ; i'd say the chances of seeing such a humongous injection of new characters all together is absolutely 0 .

This way , they have a few more Martels to reveal for season 6 but they are also free to introduce the Greyjoys as major players when everybody has written them off by then. And it's my personal belief that Quentyn and Arianne will be a nice 'filler' to the Martell train as well.. don't know which , but not all Sand Snakes are making it to season 6 , quote me on that .

As for Aegon & Jon Connington . For starters , by no means is this the full new cast. So i think it's safe to keep away from speculation atm. But i am quite sure when i say that Aegon - Young Griff , won't be properly announced . We'll get to see him and JCon on an episode first.

Either that , or simply they are meant for season 6 . Which again , having YoungGriff as 'casted' , won't serve any purpose as i see it.. Everyone now knows about ELIAANDHERCHILDREN .. Aegon is definitely not going to be cut.. But , having casted a new character as Young Griff is immediately going to rouse suspicions ; Young Griff is no name , so who's he? Not sure how they will work that out , let's hope for the best.

Whatever they are planning for Aegon , i really doubt we are going to have much info about it , same as with LSH . Cut or not , we'll never hear about Farley being a part of the show unless she appears on screen first.

_

As for the timeline of events and how they dictate the characters Victarion , Euron , Aegon , Arianne e.t.c be cast . Well. I am pretty sure D&D have made it clear the show will keep altering stuff and adjusting differently from the books. Even GRRM seems to accept that fully. Don't want to start guessing how they will do it ; but i am pretty sure they will take a different 'course' from the books. As to what Tyrion will be doing if Aegon is meant for s6 , or 'Yara' without the Kingsmoot and Greyjoy brothers , surely Balon's death will be in s5.. no clue. But i am quite sure they won't cut them from the show , just postpone their introduction. How that will impact the story .. your guess is as good as mine .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Come to think of it didn't D&D say that Varys' gameplan would be revealed 'soon'? That would imply that Aegon would be revealed in S5, unless they changed his entire gameplan.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Unbelievable if they cut Aegon of all people.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Never heard of that to tell you the truth , but good catch . If they said that , well Aegon is pretty much confirmed if you ask me .They cannot reveal Varys' gameplan without Aegon , right? But really , i am not sure how they will work it all out.. i mean , Young Griff ? I am quite sure they will have to give him at least a proper fake name , perhaps as a way to trick book readers too.. Cast him as Young Griff and everybody will start saying , hey that's no name. Who is he? It won't take long before fans/media guess it .

Also , we've heard quite a lot and often about Elia's children in s4.. i am sure now Aegon has good chances to appear in season 5. Let's not forget that Tyrion has to meet him next season.. otherwise what is he going to do till the end of s5. Aegon has to be in s5 , though how everything will be done and revealed , my best guess is that it will remain kind of a mystery for some time.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Here I found the quote:

Q: This season we saw both Littlefinger and now Varys quit the crown to become rogue agents with uncertain agendas. Can you tease what these two are up to?
A: Littlefinger has been open with a few people about what he wants: Varys, Sansa, a few prostitutes, us. He wants everything. He wants to sit on that throne. By necessity, his path there will be twisted and indirect. But everything he does in some way points to that goal. As for Varys: Early in the season, when speaking with Tyrion, Varys claims to be concerned primarily with self preservation. At the end of the season, though, his actions prove otherwise. He throws away the entire life he’s built for himself in King’s Landing to save Tyrion’s life. Now what? … “Now what?” will become eminently clear in season 5.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/18/game-of-thrones-season-5/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Not writing an episode which saves him 1 whole month is very good news for us and WoW . Note that they have already started filming s5 and that means the episodes are already written . Unless i am totally clueless , then that's how it's supposed to be. How can anyone start filming without the episodes being done? So that means he has already used that time on the book , or simply filled it with stuff he would otherwise have to do later , instead of writing the book. Whatever it is , he has more time to write , which is great .   

http://www.zap2it.com/videos/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-winds-of-winter-jeyne-westerling-prologue-258382

Also....it might be nothing , but. He says "concentrate on finishing the book"

this may just be me who hears what he wants , but.. concentrate on writing the book and concentrate on finishing the book .. are two things , as far as % of WoW beind done that is . Is it just me? How can it be he said it the way he said it and nobody bats an eye?

Could it be he's getting there and we will finally get what we all are waiting for in 2015 ? I am really curious as to what you think on that ; he's always so carefull and precise with his use of words , in everything he does , inverviews , in his blog or in his books.

I think this little wording between writing/working and finishing , is a clear distinction about the work he has done and he let it out without even realising . Or i am just a summerchild Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Here I found the quote:

Q: This season we saw both Littlefinger and now Varys quit the crown to become rogue agents with uncertain agendas. Can you tease what these two are up to?
A: Littlefinger has been open with a few people about what he wants: Varys, Sansa, a few prostitutes, us. He wants everything. He wants to sit on that throne. By necessity, his path there will be twisted and indirect. But everything he does in some way points to that goal. As for Varys: Early in the season, when speaking with Tyrion, Varys claims to be concerned primarily with self preservation. At the end of the season, though, his actions prove otherwise. He throws away the entire life he’s built for himself in King’s Landing to save Tyrion’s life. Now what? … “Now what?” will become eminently clear in season 5.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/18/game-of-thrones-season-5/

well , i had actually read that q&a when it got out Proud

I had forgotten about it. Eminently clear cannot be without Aegon , imo . And i cant wait to see what they will make of Varys next season.. a potential Varys-Illyrio-Tyrion meeting will be fascinating to see on the show and what will they be discussing about. Not sure how much of Varys we will see after that however. Damn the wait
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Jane Johnson, the UK editor of GoT said it's very unlikely that TWOW will be out in 2015.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 pm

If they are not signing an actor for Euron. It seriously does indicate that Euron is Daario.

Victarion is going to die anyways soon enough. His character might get cut because they can always find another way for Danys to come back to westeros.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Jane Johnson, the UK editor of GoT said it's very unlikely that TWOW will be out in 2015.

i saw that a few hours after it got out. And i think she works for the UK editor of GRRM , she's not the editor , at least that's what i read on reddit. She later added that she said what she said because they had nothing scheduled , not because she had info . She's just as clueless as we are.

Based on that but much more importantly , based ON NOT Grrm , i'd take that with a pinch of salt. If anything , his UK editor won't be the very first to know . His US editor is the real deal and much closer to GRRM . The same editor in her most recent q & a said , "reasonably soon". That could be anything , but it looks much more in the know than , "we have nothing scheduled , no WOW in 2015" . If he announced it tomorrow , for the sake of the discussion , WOW could be out even before 2015 if they wanted it out before then.

Also something to consider is , it took very little time for ADwD to hit the stores after it was done. You would think them having nothing scheduled in the foreseeable future means little. If anything , we wouldn't learn about the release date from her either . We will have that from GRRM , first and foremost and unless he says it himself no wow in 2015.. what she said holds as much proof as our own guess .

edit: kk Jane Johnson , she's the editor lol. Still , all the rest stand anyway
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Why most people are thinking that Arianne and Quentyn are being cut is because Tystane is described as the HEIR to Dorne. Arriane and Quentyn and both older than him so unless HBO made a mistake, either Arianne and Quentyn are cut or they will be younger than Trystane which makes no bloody sense. And as for Aegon and JonCon this is specualtion because it is implied that the Golden Company is with Stannis in the show. I personally think they will show up.

I'm calm about the Greyjoys. Shooting in Spain  begins very soon so they cast the Martells early to get the Dorne storyline going. Euron like Aegon is too integral to the plot to not be introduced IMO.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next