goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 15 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 15 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I personally think all the prophesies are merely efforts at worldbuilding and don't really dictate where the plot will go. The large majority of them will go unfulfilled.

It's what Zealous said in the other GoT thread. There are three different prophecies and visions. Brans, Daenerys and Melisandre's. Bran believes in the 7 while Melisandre believes in Rhllor. Daenerys seems to worship anything.

Both Bran's gods and Melisandre's gods seem to be equally powerful. That's the strange thing.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 15 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Brienne and Pod caught filming a scene in Iceland :bow:

We might see Pod actually going with Brienne from Kings Landing rather than follow her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tU1opUjA7_g&t=345

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 am

RealGunner wrote:I read that link Dost.

I don't agree with it. I think it's a lot of fan fiction and not enough evidence. The whole theory can fit with many other characters. However if Jon really is the lightbringer, than Azor Ahai is surely Danys. That is the only way it would make sense. But i still think lightbringer is the nightswatch if we are talking about it in a personification way. Otherwise it's 'Dawn' that belongs to the Dayne family.

I hardly see how it can be classified fan fiction whilst you praise the theory that the Night's Watch is Lightbringer. That theory is essentially based on the fact that there's a sword metaphor in the vow...and not much else.

Also as someone else said, if the Night's Watch really is Lightbringer, Westeros is screwed. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 am

What do you think of the theory that Stannis is the Night's King reboen and will end up being the Great Other?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/66380-twow-spoiler-nights-king-a-turn-from-fire-to-ice-the-story-of-stannis-baratheon/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:03 pm

The issue I see with that is how Stannis would gain control of the Others. The theory purports that Stannis would turn to the power of Ice out of anger and righteous indignation that he is not being acknowledged as the true king, where as the Night's King was originally turned by passion and love for his bride. The two motivations and emotions are disparate and I believe it would prevent Stannis from being able to establish himself in any position to wield power over the Others as a people and an army. We still know very little about the Others, however I think the assumption that all they require is a leader is quite simplistic and perhaps undermines the idea that they may already have a leader amongst them or that they are being wielded by another power altogether. The Wall remains the greatest obstacle, at least to their progression against the North, and I fail to see how Stannis could aid in the fall of the Wall by himself. Stannis himself may not be zealous for the Red God, but the Queen's Men are and wouldn't follow him, nor would those who keep the Old Gods or the Seven. If Stannis switches sides, he does so alone in my view, bringing no support and no way to bring down the Wall and for reasons of anger that will prevent him reaching out to the Other in the same way the Night's King did.

Fun theory though. Most interesting points that I believe might prove significant, if for other eventualities, are the quote "Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow," from the House of the Undying which I had forgotten and the fact that there might be a sinister purpose to Mel wearing a glamour such as hid Mance.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:44 pm

What do you think of this new storyline added to the show of the Nights Watch hunting down the traitors to stop them from spilling the beans to the Wildlings? I don't know where this story will take us as I see only one scenario, Jon and friends kill the backstabbers. Don't know why they decided to add this.

Also on Lightbringer, maybe it is a little closer to home than we think. Maybe it is Longclaw hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Spoiler:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Deduce brah. Read that passage again and use the art of deduction.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:Deduce brah. Read that passage again and use the art of deduction.

Just finished it but ill check it again hmm
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Wow oh wow.

So the show finally revealed what happens to Craster's children Shocked They turn into White Walkers. That place where he is taken and turned, I think it is the Land Of Always Winter that GRRM confirmed would appear in The Winds Of Winter.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Cersei. *bleep*. Up.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Wow they have completely changed the North arc.

I think Locke will Kill Jon instead of Bowen marsh in the end.

Also Ghost captured rofl rofl rofl F off.

Bran being captured :facepalm:

And yea, the white walkers in the end. We saw more of them than in the books lmao.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:51 pm

The white walker at the end, he don't even exist in the books lmao. Dude is a myth.

Book spoiling the show instead of the other way around

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 15 Xavi_hernandez
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Reddit and ASOIAF forum has exploded. That was the freakin Nights King. HBO revealed it in the official synopsis but then immediately deleted it. So he is leading the White Walkers. This debunks two popular theories then, Coldhands is the Nights King and Stannis will be the Nights King reborn.

Lmao the show is spoiling the books now.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Wait, how does that make Stannis the nights king reborn?

And that was the Nights King!??? bah gawd
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:12 pm

No that debunks the theory that Stannis will be the Nights King reborn.

And yes, that was the Nights King.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 pm

People need to calma honestly. How much did this actually spoil? Laughing

All this shows is that the Nights King isn't just a children's tale. We still know nothing more about the white walkers (both in booklore and show-lore) than we did before this episode imo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 pm

It revealed that the Night's King actually exists.

It revealed that the Night's King is the leader of the White Walkers.

It revealed what happens to Craster babies and how new White Walkers are born.

GRRM confirmed that Winds will show a lot of The Land Of Always Winter, I'm 100% sure that that is the place they showed in the end.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 pm

M99 wrote:No that debunks the theory that Stannis will be the Nights King reborn.

And yes, that was the Nights King.

No i mean what was the theory about stannis?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:36 pm

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/66380-twow-spoiler-nights-king-a-turn-from-fire-to-ice-the-story-of-stannis-baratheon/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 am

M99 wrote:It revealed that the Night's King actually exists.

GRRM confirmed that Winds will show a lot of The Land Of Always Winter, I'm 100% sure that that is the place they showed in the end.

That's actually not entirely true. It confirmed it, but the hints were there. Craster's daughters called the others Craster's 'sons', popular wildling insults include "the others take you", etc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 am

I think the reason they added Bran's new arc was to delay his normal arc. This way he won't see Bloodraven till next season or the season after.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm

Night's King Proud

I was watching the white walker ride to somewhere with the baby , then i see that place.. and i jump up , thinking to myself , they didnt! Land of always winter!

How amazing was that ? Also , out of the blue we got to see what happens to crasters sons , land of always winter was just pure awesomeness , the ritual at the end and all the white walkers ..

Damn , the Night's King.. I can already imagine him breaking down the wall somehow , marching into westeros bringing the land of always winter with him . Like literally , wherever his army steps will become a land of always winter Laughing

I also think it's obvious now Bran's story gets much more interesting after this. With the revelation of the Night's King , i think the only one who knows how to stop him , is Bloodraven , and i am really curious to find out how Bran will be involved with that .

And pls , more Bloodraven in WoW Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm

M99 wrote:It revealed that the Night's King actually exists.

The first 2 are givens. It was obvious they had a leader, this was the first time we put a face and a name to it. Not a spoiler for me.

I disagree on the 3rd. It revealed nothing of what will actually happen to the child except their eyes turn blue. Again, not much of a spoiler for me as it doesn't answer any pertinent questions that have been asked about the white walkers. They're still as mysterious as ever.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wow they have completely changed the North arc.

I think Locke will Kill Jon instead of Bowen marsh in the end.

Also Ghost captured rofl rofl rofl F off.

Bran being captured :facepalm:

And yea, the white walkers in the end. We saw more of them than in the books lmao.

I think Coldhands will come and save Bran and kill all the traitors. He does kill some of the traitors on the book and this will be a great way to introduce him. Jon and the others will just find corpses and Locke will miss the chance to kill him. I think you are right that he will insitgate the Nights Watch mutiny. Alliser Thorne and Janos Slynt will surely replace Cotter Pyke and Jason Mallister in the Nights Watch election.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 41  Next