goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Some people are speculating that it's going to be TWOW part 1/2 so that S5 doesn't spoil the books. I never believed he would wrap it up in 7 books anyways, Dany won't even last in Westeros until the very end of TWOW, if at all.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Is such a thing possible however ? I am pretty sure both GRRM and his author in the US , had said in the past they had agreed on no more split books and stuff like that . I understand these things come and go but half a book isn't what TWOW was supposed to be .. I really doubt if he would agree with such a thing , he even advised people to keep watching the show this summer regardless.

I think people read too much into it anyway . If it's meant to be TWOW , it will be the full thing . If not.. yeah. As for Daenerys , i personaly believe she will see the same amount of book time in Westeros as Aegon/Faegon did in ADWD; a few chapters near the end. I would be surprised to see GRRM write the final chapter to be Dany landing in Westeros , it feels too linear to perfectly fit it in and also a tad cliche. Like the savior/tyrant has arrived , prepare your annus ADOS 2021

*I expect Dany to land on Dragonstone in secret -since we brought it up- and take it from whoever holds it by then with Dragons , then her ships coming some time later.

Last edited by Dante on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:32 pm

hmmm

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2ozw0w/examining_twow_release_factsno_spoilers/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:58 pm

100% on the hype train :bow:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 am

I actually think it's possible he might release it in two parts. I think he shares the same concern as many that the TV Show is becoming too non-source and he wants to prove to the readers that his version is still miles better.

Let's hope there is something in it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:57 am

I hate to be the on to do it...but someone has to kill the hype early or else the disappointment will bring back the Long Night.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/394989.html?thread=19831021#t19831021
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:01 am

I'm not going to leave the train now that i jumped on it tbh :coffee:

Seriously imo his post says nothing. He doens't know where people get this stuff from? Seriously? Come one. He's trolling hard atm. Still fully expect a release date.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:16 am

Whilst I'm not convinced this will end up being TWOW, there's not much else he can say there. Not much point having a countdown and a huge unveil if he spoils it ten days early. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Dante it wouldn't be the first time that he has gone back in his word. The story just keeps getting bigger.

As for Dany I think that is likely, sailing with dragons seems to be a recipe for disaster
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Anyone think that we have been exposed to some spoilers already?

I was thinking that they would most likely want to finish the TV show with the same version as the Books.

if they are cutting out characters like Euron etc. Then that means they are not really important later on. Same with Aegon. The only important ones are Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion.

Granted we all knew those 3 were the most important anyways, but surely the likes of Victarion, Euron, Aegon and people at the old citadel place were supposed to be important too?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Dante it wouldn't be the first time that he has gone back in his word. The story just keeps getting bigger.

As for Dany I think that is likely, sailing with dragons seems to be a recipe for disaster

Of course , obviously not the first time. In any case. He always announces his ASOIAF books from his blog. Will that change for TWOW of all books? Part 1 TWOW for me is simply out of the question , tbh. I find that highly unlikely . I find it more likely that he will announce TWOW in the last day , than announce the book was splited just to appease book readers from getting spoiled.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Anyone think that we have been exposed to some spoilers already?

I was thinking that they would most likely want to finish the TV show with the same version as the Books.

if they are cutting out characters like Euron etc. Then that means they are not really important later on. Same with Aegon. The only important ones are Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion.

Granted we all knew those 3 were the most important anyways, but surely the likes of Victarion, Euron, Aegon and people at the old citadel place were supposed to be important too?

I get what you mean , many are concerned over this . It may seem so , but in reality , we cannot properly tell. Not as of now at least. And that's the whole thing? We can't tell if we are spoiled , so , are we ?

I can't answer the question , but i don't feel spoiled , other than the Night's King , which deep down we all knew he existed in the universe , no . We still don't know what S5 will have in it , not officially . I find it rather early to talk about spoilers and what's important in books and not in show , because s5 hasn't even begun yet and s6 could still include Aegon-Faegon or the Greyjoys and other things . Oldtown stuff could still happen without us having to witness it , it's all a matter of perspective .

When it comes to it , the show has limitations , so we would never have everything in it anyway. Oldtown could still very well happen off the screen . My general line on the show deviating , is as long they do it well . I don't mind . For absences hinting at things at the books , i am not sure. I mean , the canon is the canon and the show is the show.. i think the canon will remain GRRM based and the show will remain GRRM-based-light-version .

Not sure why it should be less important if it's not on the show. But i see your point , it's legit nonetheless.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I don't think not having the likes of Victarion, Lady Stoneheart on the show necessarily means they will not be important in the books later on hence I don't consider them spoilers. George introduced us Victarion because he will do something important, same for Lady Stoneheart... the show needs to cut these characters because someone HAS to be cut but they can't kill Asha and her storyline so they can introduce Victarion. The showrunners have to decide, is the Stark revenge plot or other sub-plots more important than as you say the REALLY main characters as Dany, Tyrion, Jon getting enough screen time to translate their plotline correctly? I would love to see Victarion, Stoneheart, Arianne, Jaime's Riverrun storyline on screen, hell even Quentyn but I have to accept they won't. Still think Euron will appear in S6, maybe TrAegon/Stoneheart at some point in S5  but the rest are cut.

The show will properly spoil the books in S6 and maybe even S5 with Sansa so let's hope that George has a sweet gift for us nexf Sunday.

By the way, George's editors keep retweeting his countdown tweets and have not denied the speculation yet so I'm still on the hype train.

Tonight it was House Frey:

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 B4q2k19CYAAlCXd

#books is still there, just sayin' :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Meh it's clearly some book related special merchandise sale for the holidays.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:47 pm

The fact that GRRM, his editor and Elio have all commented on the hype but nine of them have flatly denied it or accepted it is really annoying. Why can't someone say "it's not TWOW but it's going to be something awesome".

Until then, long live the hype Molenation
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Laughing

What is hype may never die [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 2997653223
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:52 pm

"@GRRMspeaking: #12DaysofWesteros is NOT a countdown to the release of WoW, we're sorry for those of you who were misled, just spreading Christmas Cheer Smile"

Unfollowed, blocked and reported.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 pm

well they didn't say it was not a countdown to the release date hmm

Spoiler:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 pm

FFS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:well they didn't say it was not a countdown to the release date hmm

Spoiler:

i lold
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Not going to leave the train just because of this.
BC got it. Of course we don't get the book. But a *bleep* release date.

Inb4 "Release date is winter 2016" What a Face
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Zigra goes super-sayan lvl in denial Proud

Raise dat #hypeflag on the #hypetrain bro [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 36 2997653223

HYPE LEVEL >> REJECT REALITY

#destinationHYPE21st :bow:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:29 am

No man is as accursed as the hypeslayer.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:26 am

From reddit

"Valhype Morghulis: All Hype Must Die" rofl

"Valar doHYPEless" rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:41 am

reddit is gold when it comes to these stuff Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Shooting of Season 5 has officially wrapped up. So no Arianne, Victarion, Euron, Quentyn, Aegon, Jon Con, Wyman confirmed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 41 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next