Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness?

5 posters

Go down

Are Spain the greatest National team of all time?

Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_lcap45%Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_lcap18%Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_lcap0%Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_lcap9%Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_lcap27%Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Empty Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness?

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Since 2008, Spain have won every single major international tournament. Adding the confederation cup will add to their already extensive trophy list. No team since the Dutch in 1974 has had such an admired style. They have two Euros and one world cup. Obviously they have been inspired by the dutch football and adapted the principles layed by Cruijff in La Masia. These are my questions:

1) Where do you rank them now?
2) Where would you rank them if they were to retain the world cup?
3) Does the confederation cup matter?
4) Is there anything that could be a blight on their legacy?

This thread is about national teams, as we all know Ajax of the 70s had the greatest club team of all time.

Last edited by Clockwork Orange on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Empty Re: Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness?

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Since 2008, Spain have won every single major international tournament. Adding the confederation cup will add to their already extensive trophy list. No team since the Dutch in 1974 has had such an admired style. They have two Euros and one world cup. Obviously they have been inspired by the dutch football and adapted the principles layed by Cruijff in La Masia. These are my questions:

This thread is about national teams, as we all know Ajax of the 70s had the greatest club team of all time.
They actually haven't, missing out on the 2009 Confed. Cup. As of now though, still the best NT atm, if they retained the WC then quite possibly the greatest NT of all time. Plain and simple. But, retaining the WC will be damn difficult. So we'll see.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness? Empty Re: Where do you rank Spain in terms of greatness?

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:Since 2008, Spain have won every single major international tournament. Adding the confederation cup will add to their already extensive trophy list. No team since the Dutch in 1974 has had such an admired style. They have two Euros and one world cup. Obviously they have been inspired by the dutch football and adapted the principles layed by Cruijff in La Masia. These are my questions:

They actually haven't, missing out on the 2009 Confed. Cup. As of now though, still the best NT atm, if they retained the WC then quite possibly the greatest NT of all time. Plain and simple. But, retaining the WC will be damn difficult. So we'll see.

Apologies as I did not really count the confederation cup as a majopr trophy. I think they have the best team of all time and are set to dominate for a long time. Their playing style has been standardised across al levels. It is truly the footballing model all should aspire to emulate and makes me blush with envy.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Brazil 82
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Brazil 82

rofl

That team was shameful and lacked any tactical understanding. A little bit of organisation by the Italinas undermined any 'talents' that they had. Their biggest mark on football is ending the age of tactical naivety.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Folks, if you "didn't read", you don't need to write either. Further trolling is due a warning. I hope that is understood. Topic cleaned out.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:05 pm

rwo power wrote:Folks, if you "didn't read", you don't need to write either. Further trolling is due a warning. I hope that is understood. Topic cleaned out.

As usual, you deal with trolls, imposing your own moderation philosophies.

What is your opinion? Would you rank the the 'total voetvall killers' Germany higher? They won a Euros and a world cup, and faced much higher competition. Perhaps 1970s Brazil?

I would appreciate your response
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Well, as I repeatedly stated, I really hate ranking players / teams, especially over decades. And that is particularly true of "greatest of all time" ratings.

If you want a rating, I shall go by stats as ranking by style is always subjective and thus not objectively valid, so fact is, that Spain is currently the most successful team in the last 5 years. The German team 1972-1976 was almost as successful (only they ended runners-up in 1976 instead of winning the Euro). 

I'm a bit too lazy to check the Copa America winners to see whether either Brazil or Argentina or Uruguay might have had a similar run.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Going by Spain's lineup in the EC final, these players don't make the starting XI:

De Gea
Valdes
Reina
Azpilicueta
Monreal
Puyol
I.Martinez
J.Martinez
Thiago
Isco
Illarramendi
Navas
Mata
Cazorla
Pedro
Villa
Torres
Negredo
Soldado

The talent level is embarrassing. This could be a second Spain team:

De Gea
Azpilicueta Puyol I.Martinez Monreal
J.Martinez Thiago
Mata Isco Cazorla
Villa

This team would be clearly better than let's say Chelsea and Arsenal who are top 4 Premier League teams. I've never seen anything like this before in a national team.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down