RedOranje
Motogp69
59 posters

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 3

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:29 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Also, 'Last Vegas' looks like its gonna be a comedy hit

Will definitely be a hit, but that won't stop it from being dubbed the "Geriatric Hangover"...which it probably already has been called.

It'll do for comedies what "Red" and "Red 2" does for action movies though among older folks.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:46 pm

If they reboot GL it will be Jon Stewart because everyone is familiar with him from the Justice League cartoon. Raynor needs too much lore to work (Hal's fall and destruction of the Corps, which itself requires Sinestro's turn) and he's simply not well known enough to lead a major movie.

They'd really probably be better off just trying to explore the Hal-Sinestro dynamic and trying to move on.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:42 pm

New Avengers movie Age of Ultron coming out in 2015
They also confirmed no Henry Pym (aka Ant Man)

In other news Karen Gillan (i have a crush on her) shaved off her hair for her role in Guardians of the Galaxy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/21/article-0-1AEA6BFF000005DC-509_306x982.jpg
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 pm

McLewis wrote:
Butt wrote:Bale already said he an't coming back, and Nolan's batman is in different world then Superman's

they might even restart Green Lantern

They have to reboot GL in order to do a JL movie tbh....It's Kyle Raynor's turn now I'd say. Cast a lesser known, but rising star cast this time (including the director and writer) and see what happens.

Still holding out for a John Stewart movie though.

I agree, and here is my Green Lantern
Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:21 pm

I'd rather they stuck with Hal Jordan. Unless they explore Mosaic Stewart will be a pretty dull character to use.

Ignore the first movie, use Hal Jordan, and have the movie show Sinestro's fall from greatest GL to greatest GL villain.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 pm

I keep reading GL as Goal Legacy whenever I see it.

So I've heard something about a Batman Superman movie? Wouldn't Superman just sh*t all over Batman? I apologize for any ignorance as comic book...anything is not my area of expertise.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 pm

The team-ups between Batman and Superman tend to focus on the character interaction... the "Dark Knight" with severe psychological issues alongside the eternal "Boyscout." It's more about the clashing philosophies and shared camaraderie than their individual powers or abilities. Whether Snyder will recognise that or not, only time will tell.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:35 am

Interesting. We'll see in 2015 I guess.

I watched Casablanca last night which...was ammmaazzinng. Deserves all the praise it gets :bow:

Tonight to follow up on last night I watched Play it Again, Sam by Woody Allen. I love Woody Allen and I was not surprised to be killing myself with laughter when watching it. Funny stuff. Woody Allen is a genius.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:32 am

batman could kill Superman, if he was caught off guard, there is one animated JL movie (Superman/Doomsday) where Batman says he knows and has contraptions ready to kill any JL member if they go rouge.

Superman could easily kill Batman if he wanted to but he won't
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Butt wrote:batman could kill Superman, if he was caught off guard, there is one animated JL movie (Superman/Doomsday) where Batman says he knows and has contraptions ready to kill any JL member if they go rouge.

Superman could easily kill Batman if he wanted to but he won't

in Justice League:Doom, it is shown. Bats has plans ready to decommission all the JLA members if they were to go bad through mind control or something like that. Watch it, great great movie
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Doom was a bit of a stretch, honestly... if you can ignore the glaring plot holes it's an ok watch, but if you're familiar with the story it's actually based on and the characters involved it's hard to really enjoy too much.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 pm

CBarca wrote:OK that lineup is SICK. Written by Cormac?

Looking forward to this one :bow:
This!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:12 pm

I always find myself shaking my head when I read that people say TDKR was crap, or bunched up, or anything along those lines.

I find it as a more enjoying film than TDK.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Batman Begins was the best of the bunch, in my personal opinion.  The Dark Knight was carried by Ledger's performance which papered over some big cracks and plot holes.  Said issues also appear in The Dark Knight Rises, but without the same type of performance or media storm surrounding it to cover them up.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:45 am

Christopher Nolan already become a legend in the few years past, I finally watched Memento but dont think it was all that amazing. Not sure why, maybe it was great for the time back then. I even liked Prestige more. But u can see he was already on the complex plots and playing with the different time and flashback, etc, and mix it up for the audience.

So many superhero movies, but they r making them great most of the time now so dont mind Smile

Also saw The Grey recently, disappointed with that, Liam Neeson is a top actor though.

Just curious for those that watched that Richard Gere dog movie, did u cry? Very Happy I didnt think I would knowing all the feedback that everyone does and I too couldnt help Razz

And what r some of your favourite movie soundtracks or song? Some of the best and favourite lists around r awesome. I know a lots already, but im sure there r still lots I havent paid attention or unaware of. I love to play them at times when I surf or whatever Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:48 am

Always so many good movies to look forward to, thx Motogp69 Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 am

Just a heads up, do you guys want a Comic-con information dump? There has been so much new information this week that I could fill about 3 pages worth of this thread if you want me to. Let me know before I proceed. Otherwise, I'm going to proceed with what I deem as normal.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:28 am

I would like some, probably not 3 pages worth, but the most interesting updates would be welcomed
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:29 am

Spoiler tags if it's a lot but I welcome your posts and they pertain to the topic

So post away! Thumbs up
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:33 am

If it's about Godzilla or Guardians of the Galaxy go ahead. Otherwise meh.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:59 am

RedOranje wrote:If it's about Godzilla or Guardians of the Galaxy go ahead.  Otherwise meh.

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 am

New Comic-Con Restricted Trailer for David Twohy's RIDDICK

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 12 47dW6v_riddick-vin-diesel

A new restricted Comic-Con trailer for Riddick has been released online. Riddick looks like a response and a realization: a response to the flaws of The Chronicles of Riddick and a realization to play to the strengths of Pitch Black. While we didn’t see a lot of new stuff during the Comic-Con’s panel, writer/director David Twohy, and stars Vin Diesel and Katee Sackhoff provided a clear vision for the third installment and laying out why their characters are appealing.

Vin Diesel talks about how role-playing affects his approach to character. Dungeons & Dragons was a breeding ground for imagination for him. It was a game before there was anything online where players would act out their characters, and they came to believe they were this witch hunter (for example) and the dice were your weapon. He goes on to say that they were able to honor the mythology of Chronicles and the character of Pitch Black, and the reconciliation came from the Dungeon Master mentality.

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 am

4-Minute Red Band Comic-Con Trailer for KICK-ASS 2

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 12 Kick-Ass-2-The-Mother-Mintz-Plasse-Dragonlord

A new extended red-band trailer for Kick-Ass 2 has been unveiled featuring lots of new action-packed footage. At the Comic-Con panel for the film earlier today, director Jeff  Wadlow and his cast teased jam-packed arcs for all of the principal characters, a considerably dark tone, brutal fight sequences, new cast additions, and much more. With regards to the film’s dark tone, Christopher Mintz-Plasse said they took out him killing a dog and raping someone, but almost everything else from the comic is still in the movie. Mintz-Plasse said he didn’t have much time to fully prepare for the fights because he was filming a TV show at the same time, but we would fly into London and learn the choreography the day before filming.

John Leguizamo was excited about the prospect of playing “a super bad ass hero,” but Wadlow then told him that he actually wanted him to play himself. Donald Faison (Scrubs) said he had a fight scene with Taylor-Johnson where they got to fight a lot of people, and the next day he slept “for 24 hours,” but Taylor-Johnson had to go back and do more. “The one-armed push-up shit, that’s real,” said Faison.

Wadlow said he’s been so focused on Kick-Ass 2 that he hasn’t thought about Kick-Ass 3 yet. He wanted to push the characters as far as possible in this sequel and put them “through the meat grinder,” so he hasn’t even thought about what they would do for the next film. Kick-Ass 2 opens August 14th.

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 am

Comic-Con Trailer for THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 12 Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire-Cast-Portrait-Dragonlord

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire cast made their first appearance in Hall H during Lionsgate's panel Saturday. The crowd was fired up when a brand new trailer from the film debuted, showing all the action leading up to the Quarter Quell. As with the promotional footage shown before the first film, there was only a very brief glimpse of the actual arena. In the final moment of the tension-filled trailer, Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) is seen standing on her platform in the arena, surrounded by water.

The panel included director Francis Lawrence, and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson,  Lenny Kravitz, Jena Malone, Jeffrey Wright and Willow Shields. Jennifer Lawrence, always blunt, told a hilarious story about a kissing scene between her and Hutcherson, which led to a lot of snot being exchanged. The often self-deprecating actress had the crowd in giggles, sharing stories about her clumsy running, and the time she accidentally hit herself in the face with her bow.

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 am

THE AVENGERS 2 Titled THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 12 Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Title-Dragonlord

Marvel President Kevin Feige is about to leave the stage in Hall H following the panels for Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy.  An amped up crowd is shouting “More!”  Feige returns, takes a seat, and says “There’s only one more person here.  He wanted to say, ‘Hi.’  Joss Whedon!”  Whedon takes the stage.  “Hi.  I know it’s time to go,” he says, “and I don’t have a lot to say, but I have something to add.”  They cut to a trailer of quotes from The Avengers over something metal being hammered.  The metal has a strange red glow.  The last quote we hear is what Nick Fury told Maria Hill about the group coming back together when they world will need them.  The camera then pulls out to reveal Ultron’s helmet.  We then get the title for the highly-anticipated sequel: The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The reaction in Hall H to the reveal of Ultron was ecstatic because these are the fans that know the name “Ultron”. The title “Age of Ultron” refers to 10-issue crossover comic book event that ran from March to June of 2013.  For those who don’t, here’s a brief recap with the help of Wikipedia:

Ultron made his first full appearance in 1968’s Avengers #55.  It is revealed that the living automaton “is the creator of the “synthezoid”, the Vision, whom it tries to use as a weapon to destroy the Avengers. The Vision, however, destroys Ultron with the aid of the Avengers.

Further flashbacks reveal that Dr. Henry Pym, a.k.a. Ant-Man was the creator of Ultron.  The robot eventually developed its own intelligence and rebelled, suffered an Oedipus Complex, tried to kill Pym and became interested in Pym’s lover, Janet van Dyne, a.k.a. The Wasp.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:26 am

Comic-Con: Marvel Surprises with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Panel

The Movie House - Part 3 - Page 12 Guardians-Galaxy-Comic-Con-Panel-Dragonlord

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was greeted with great applause when he introduced director James Gunn and the entire main cast of Guardians of the Galaxy earlier today in Hall H, all of whom flew in from the London set just to appear on the panel and are immediately flying back. While filming only just got underway two weeks ago, fans were treated to the excellent debut of some footage from the pic

Feige introduced James Gunn and cast members Michael Rooker (Yondu), Karen Gilliam (Nebula), Djimon Hounsou (Koraf), Lee Pace (Ronan the Accuser), Benicio Del Toro (The Collector), David Bautista (Drax the Destroyer), Zoe Saldana (Gamora), and Chris Pratt (Star-Lord).

Chris Pratt is says that Star-Lord is "this guy who lives in space. He's kind of a jerk. He had a hard time as a kid and now he goes around space, making out with hot aliens girls. He's known as Star Lord. "Who calls him that? Mostly himself. "Through teaming up with these guys, he finds a purpose."

Zoe Saldana says she's been blue, so she's excited to try green. "She's an assassin from space", describes Saldana of her character, Gamora. Bautista says he's humbled to part of this production. He fought really hard for the role. He says it's something he wanted more than anything in his life. "When I got the job, I broke down and cried like a little baby."

Del Toro says that he hasn't started filming yet. Lee Pace is set to play the main villain Ronan the Accuser. Ronan Accusser is a very complicated Kree. He's a beast. Gillan still has her red hair. When emcee Chris Hardwick noted that Nebula is supposed to be bald, Gillam took off a wig to reveal that she has shaved her head for the role.  She then promptly threw it into the audience.

Spoiler:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Footage Description at Comic-Con

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content