zizzle
Valkyrja
LeBéninois
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
15 posters

Go down

Will Bale play false 9 next season? Empty Will Bale play false 9 next season?

Post by Gil Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Seems like that's what AVB intends to do with the signings he's made this summer.

Villa Bale Lennon
Dembele Paulinho
Sandro

The pace and power in that team is frightening. Shocked
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Will Bale play false 9 next season? Empty Re: Will Bale play false 9 next season?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Better than Adebayor anyway..... I have already been doing this on PES in any case.

AVB stealing my tactics Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Will Bale play false 9 next season? Empty Re: Will Bale play false 9 next season?

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Bale doesn't have the attributes to play as a false 9.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Bale doesn't have the attributes to play as a false 9.

Elaborate?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:20 pm

A false 9 has to be creative, technical and have good link up play. Bale doesn't. Assist stats aren't the only thing considered in terms of being of being creative, just in case Bale had 100 assists last season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:45 pm

this False 9 thing :facepalm: 
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Gil wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Bale doesn't have the attributes to play as a false 9.

Elaborate?

he isn't a midget
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:A false 9 has to be creative, technical and have good link up play. Bale doesn't. Assist stats aren't the only thing considered in terms of being of being creative, just in case Bale had 100 assists last season.

We're talking about the BPL here..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:A false 9 has to be creative, technical and have good link up play. Bale doesn't. Assist stats aren't the only thing considered in terms of being of being creative, just in case Bale had 100 assists last season.
He almost played as a false 9 last season.. not that big of a deal.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:09 pm

People have come to the conclusion that to be false 9 you have to be like Messi.

For what reason i don't know.... but Bale could easily do it there is different ways of using one and they don't have to always copy the Messi variation to a tee.

As Enigma said he practically played as one last season anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Bale has done so well as a winger / inside forward / whatever you want to call it / occasional CAM that I don't see why he should depart from that role.

But he will be even more exciting to watch next season than before (and assuming here he'll be a Tottenham player).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 am

i actually get the idea that if Villa comes in he will be used as a 9/striker

-------------Villa
-Bale----Dembele----Lennon
-----Sandro---Paulinho

Villa will better be used as a 9 now and would make no sense to still be playing on the left when what Spurs need is a striker and Bale plays on the left
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:41 am

Bénin wrote:
this False 9 thing  :facepalm: 
I play real 9. :coffee: 
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 am

I don't think so. If you look at the players Spurs and AVB have wanted throughout the course of the last year in the striker department, you have Ade who was bought (Levy purchase though). Since then the likes of Villa, Damiao, and Soldado have been in the headlines. Some references to the likes of Bony and Osvaldo as well. How much of this is true interest and how much fake? Well, I believe the first three are true, and I'm not sure about the latter two, but regardless, the theme here is a CF who acts exactly as that-- a CF.

I don't believe that AVB has any intentions of buying Villa and playing him on the left wing. I don't think AVB wants that, I don't think Villa wants that, and I don't think AVB will set up his team that way. That is why I don't think Bale will be playing a false 9 or central role next season. Last season it got the best out of him, but he drifted out of games often and sometimes struggled with not having enough space in the middle. It didn't matter due to his long range shooting ability and other qualities, but I think his move to the center was out of necessity, due to Tottenham having strikers even Stoke laughs at.

I think the signing of Paulinho/ heavy interest in Villa so far point to a 4-3-3, which AVB also utilized several times at the end of last season. Assuming that's how he will line up next season, this is how I see the team looking:

New wing/Lennon/Sig----Villa------Bale-------

--------------Dembele----------Paulinho--------
-----------------------Sandro------------------

I think that AVB will move Bale to the right, just like Hulk. I think he will get a proper CF in Villa, just like Falcao. Whoever replaces Varela, I know not, but I think that Tottenham will be in the market for another winger, and interest in Bernard seems to confirm that, although he won't be bought. We'll see. The midfield already bears some resemblance to the one AVB used in Porto, although this Tottenham midfield looks a bit more about power and pace, and grit and steel.

Can Bale play a false 9? Certainly. Do I think he will next season? I have no doubt in some situations he will be yes, regardless of additions in the summer. Do I think it will be his permanent position? No, I do not.

Really, it's a bit early and we could all look foolish yet, but this is how I see Tottenham lining up next season at the moment.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 am

Tottenbale is bad\

Jk I expect Bale to lead Spurs to a CL spot
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:34 am

He doesnt have attributes to play that role.He survives on space.So Bale played false 9 last season ? :rofl:wut m8
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Bale essentially played a free roaming role similar to what Ronaldo played in his later years at United
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I don't think what he did last season would be classed as a false 9. Roaming about doesn't mean a player is a false 9. There's other attributes that matter too. He was more of a second striker than a false 9.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:20 am

Bale to be moved to the right?

Could Bale be relevant in a future Madrid formation in which he's in a front two with Ronaldo? In this case, Ozil and Isco could play behind them in a 4-2-2-2.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down