djfawnz
Juventude
jibers
salmano9
DeviAngel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Verratti wanted by Italian duo – agent Empty Verratti wanted by Italian duo – agent

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:20 pm

The agent of Marco Verratti has warned Paris Saint-Germain that Fiorentina and Juventus are interested in his client.

Donato Di Campli is keen to get the midfielder a pay rise in the French capital and he may use the admiration of Serie A clubs as a bargaining tool.

“We are asking for an improved salary because Fiorentina are chasing him and Juventus are interested too,” Di Campli told Gazzetta.it on Wednesday.

The playmaker, 20, joined PSG a year ago from Pescara after the Serie B champions accepted €12m for his signature.

Verratti, also linked with Real Madrid, has spoken of his happiness in France even if he admits playing in Serie A at some stage is an objective.

The Azzurri regular is now valued at around €25m.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Verratti wanted by Italian duo – agent Empty Re: Verratti wanted by Italian duo – agent

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Marrota will not pay that much for Verrati.. We already have a full midfield with Pogba as a first team/back up player
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Verratti wanted by Italian duo – agent Empty Re: Verratti wanted by Italian duo – agent

Post by jibers Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 pm

salmano9 wrote:Marrota will not pay that much for Verrati.. We already have a full midfield with Pogba as a first team/back up player

Agreed. But Juve still need a vice- regista. Pogba is many things but he is not a controller. He is more b2b and doesn't set the tempo. I still don't understand why Juve did not get Veratti that season. Really pissed me off that they let him go to PSG tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 pm

It's a shame we would have to pay more than double what we could have paid a year ago, but Pirlo's contract runs out after this season and I can't imagine that we would sign him longer than one or two years.  Plus, Pirlo might want a new challenge and join Ancelotti in Madrid .  We really haven't spent a lot of money this summer and, if we sell some of our strikers and a few other players, we really haven't spent much money this summer.  Even if we buy a LWB, the names being mentioned won't be that expensive.  It might be worth it to buy Verratti now and have him take over for Pirlo next season.  He isn't going to get any cheaper over the next 5-8 years.

I'm a little worried that the Pirlo contract situation hasn't been discussed at all in the news.  It makes me think that Pirlo may not desire to come back because he may want a new challenge.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:40 pm

nah dude pirlo will finish his career at juventus
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:40 pm

he is too old to be a starter in RM.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Juventude wrote:It's a shame we would have to pay more than double what we could have paid a year ago, but Pirlo's contract runs out after this season and I can't imagine that we would sign him longer than one or two years.  Plus, Pirlo might want a new challenge and join Ancelotti in Madrid .  We really haven't spent a lot of money this summer and, if we sell some of our strikers and a few other players, we really haven't spent much money this summer.  Even if we buy a LWB, the names being mentioned won't be that expensive.  It might be worth it to buy Verratti now and have him take over for Pirlo next season.  He isn't going to get any cheaper over the next 5-8 years.

I'm a little worried that the Pirlo contract situation hasn't been discussed at all in the news.  It makes me think that Pirlo may not desire to come back because he may want a new challenge.

Where would he go? I can see him going to Brescia actually.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm not sure where he'd go, but I find it to be odd that Juve haven't added at least a year on to his contract at this point. Whether he stay or goes, it doesn't change my opinion about going after Verrati. I would go after him now. Then, Juve would have the flexibility to sell a player like Marchisio or Vidal if he wants to leave. Pogba would take one of their spots and Verrati would take over for Pirlo or share time with him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm

I agree
we need him sooner rather than later

As for Pirlo, I can't see him leaving whilst he's still playing at such a high level. When he declines in 1 or 2 full seasons (probably) then he may leave and play in a lesser league.

Also DJ, what does age matter? Pirlo would walk into RM's midfield...
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:42 pm

thats exactly my point. i know he'll walk into RM midfield, because he'll be too old to run!!!
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Look, marrota will not pay 25m for a vice-pirlo who would play 10games max this season...
Marrone has amazing long passing skills but I dont know why we do not use him as vice pirlo and give him a chance! Now we have a caceres-ogbonna-peluso as back ups for CB.. We could usr marrone in his original position Wink
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 pm

If Marrone's skills were so amazing, he would have played more at that position last season rather than at CB. He also would not have been included in almost any player exchange deal we offered this summer. He may develop into a good player, but let's be honest about his talent and not throw out terms like "amazing" when describing him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Conte did not give him enough chances
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:33 am

Its more like we expect him to be the vice-pirlo but he ain't good enough. We've became so attached to the idea of developing our own youngsters ( which is good one ) that we are blinded that his skill ain't enough, I mean look it from this way Pogba got a chance, Marchisio did even PDC did but not Marrone even thou he was loaned more than Marchisio and PDC he got fair chances he failed. Loan would be great for him.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Marrone got his chances in practice and failed to impress Conte and I tend to trust Conte's judgment. I also don't see any teams lining up to purchase Marrone. He may develop into a great player and I support a loan, but he is nowhere near Verratti. There is a reason Verratti starts at PSG and is considered for the Azzurri. There is also a reason Marrone does not play at Juve and is being considered for loans to teams like Parma.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah and he did not start any of games in the italian youth team in the previous competition. Fausto Rossi started ahead of him.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Although I agree with Juventudes evaluation of him, Marrone was actually a starter in the EURO u-21 but got injured in the 2nd game.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Although I agree with Juventudes evaluation of him, Marrone was actually a starter in the EURO u-21 but got injured in the 2nd game.

Marrone is definitely a good player, but he's just not at Verratti's level. It says a lot that Verratti is being considered for the senior team at age 20, while Marrone is still on the u-21 team at age 23.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah Verratti is currently leagues ahead of him, and considering we've not actually spent that much (the amount will be under 10M if we offload Quag/Matri for a decent price) we should either chase Coentrao or Verratti

We really did make a mistake in not paying the 12M fee for him when he was at Pescara.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:21 pm

And it sounds like Napoli may be making or has made a bid for Verratti. That would be a huge mistake if he ends up at Napoli and we have to watch him playing against us.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 pm

LOL Napoli are really smart. Actually De Laurintis is... He swapped Cavani with Higuian and many more.. Smart move
PSG fell in the trap than no other club wanted to. Nobody was willing to pay 40+ for Edinson
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 am

Juventude wrote:And it sounds like Napoli may be making or has made a bid for Verratti.  That would be a huge mistake if he ends up at Napoli and we have to watch him playing against us.  

It was a real mistake by Marotta when he refused to pay 1.5-2m extra for him last season.He would've still been in Italy playing for Pescara had we done that.(We would've co-owned him).

I know he's made it up by signing a superb talent like Pogba but i wish we signed him which looks near impossible now not even next summer where his value will be even higher.

It will piss me off literally if Napoli manage to sign him.

Last edited by Surag on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:51 am

Napoli sent mega offer for him this morning O.o
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:07 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah Verratti is currently leagues ahead of him, and considering we've not actually spent that much (the amount will be under 10M if we offload Quag/Matri for a decent price) we should either chase Coentrao or Verratti

We really did make a mistake in not paying the 12M fee for him when he was at Pescara.

Actually the deal was done last year.We were to sign him on co-ownership(4m being the rumored fee i think) and Bouy was to go to Pescara as part of the deal but he refused the move and hence we had to pay 1.5-2m extra as compensation which Marotta dint want to.

Then PSG entered the race ,Pescara got greedy and started demanding more money,PSG obliged and the rest is history.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Juventude wrote:Marrone got his chances in practice and failed to impress Conte and I tend to trust Conte's judgment.  I also don't see any teams lining up to purchase Marrone.  He may develop into a great player and I support a loan, but he is nowhere near Verratti.  There is a reason Verratti starts at PSG and is considered for the Azzurri.  There is also a reason Marrone does not play at Juve and is being considered for loans to teams like Parma.

now this is a mature juve fan............you read my thoughts completely
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next