Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

+16
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
RealGunner
Firenze
TheRedStag
RedOranje
RED
Red Alert
McAgger
TalkingReckless
Onyx
Nishankly
ExtremistEnigma
Grooverider
BarcaLearning
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go? Empty Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:34 am

Well this was a shock loan move. I read up that Liverpool signed a big money 10M around GK from Sunderland and Reina had been inconsistent for a year or so with some mistakes. I think most agree hes been a top GK for Liverpool for years now. Hes also unhappy about the move and the way Liverpool treated the whole thing. It looks like if Benitez is successful in Napoli he will move there. Do u think this is a right move for Liverpool? Do u agree with it?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go? Empty Re: Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

Post by Grooverider Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:52 am

Yes, i agree it was time to off-load him.

I like what BR is actually trying to do, new players,new team and a fresh start.

Players that are just hanging around to get a pay-check should be moved on.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go? Empty Re: Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:13 am

It's a good move. He was threatening to leave for Barcelona last year. His form has been atrocious since the past couple of seasons.. especially last season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:16 am

Ill post the same thing that i wrote in our section.
Reina and his dad kept flirting with Spanish clubs throughout his career with Liverpool, It only justified Liverpool didnt take the risk and got in the replacement now. LFC deserve more respect than that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:59 am

He shouldn't have been loaned out without Liverpool telling him he would be. He wanted to fight for his place apparently. Nothing wrong with having a top GK like Reina backing up Mignolet.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:26 pm

When you are openly courting Barca and your game being under par, you deserve to be let go

He is probably pissed he didn't get that Barca move he so wanted.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He shouldn't have been loaned out without Liverpool telling him he would be. He wanted to fight for his place apparently. Nothing wrong with having a top GK like Reina backing up Mignolet.

Not when that back up goalkeeper is 2/3rd highest earner in the team, especially since you are not in CL or have a bottomless pit of money.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Also people have to understand this is NOT the Reina of 2005-2010. It's been 3 years Reina's has been absolutely atrocious (coincides with Benitez leaving). Mignolet is without a doubt better than him atm.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Yeh but he's probably always been on those wages and it's unfair to just get rid of him without telling him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh but he's probably always been on those wages and it's unfair to just get rid of him without telling him.

LOL you believe that crap. SO we forced him to agree personal terms with Napoli?

You do know players can reject a move if they don't like it. We agreed a deal with Napoli then it was up to Reina to decide if he wanted to move.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 pm

He said:

"If I have one regret, it is the way that I am leaving," said the 30-year-old. "It is only natural that I would be disappointed that the Liverpool management agreed to loan me to Napoli without telling me first.

"I thought that I deserved better than that even though I understand that difficult decisions have to be taken in football.

"A lot has been made about me informing the club that if an offer came in from Barcelona that I would have liked them to consider it. But I had also spoken to the club about the possibility of extending my contract if the offer was not made.

"I told the manager that I wanted to play for Liverpool and that Barcelona would only become an option for me if the opportunity arrived, like the rumours said it would, as it would be a chance for me to go back home.

"When it didn't come I was happy to fight for my place so I was surprised that Liverpool decided it was in the club's interests to send me to Napoli instead."

"My children consider Liverpool to be their home and hopefully their love for the city and also for the club will only grow while we are away," he said.

"I would have liked to have been able to say goodbye in a different way but because of the way the move came about this was not possible.

"Maybe in the near future I can do it properly so that I can show my appreciation to you but all I would ask now is that you keep on inspiring the manager and the players just like you always have done and help Liverpool to become the club that you deserve once again.

"I would like nothing better than to come back at the end of my year away and for Liverpool to be back where they belong."

"The supporters deserve the best of times and it would give me so much pleasure to see Liverpool back where they belong, challenging for trophies and getting back into the top four.

"That was where the club was when I first arrived and although I am leaving a different club, one with new owners, a new manager, new players and new challenges, I honestly believe that Liverpool can reach those levels again."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Exactly. Liverpool agreed a loan deal. We didn't point a gun to his head and tell him he had to go.

He chose to go there.

It's like when a transfer fee is made. For example, PSG puts in an 280m bid for Messi and Barcelona accepts. That doesn't mean Messi HAS to go to PSG.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Well I guess if he openly flirted with Barca and wanted a move then maybe its a bit of Karma Razz Still think hes a top guy though and personality.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 am

He cost them some valuable points last season. I think a loan spell will do him some good. Although when he gets back, he's got a job on his hands(no pun intended) to displace Mignolet.

Also,if what he is saying is true, that LFC agreed the loan deal without informing him first, then that is wrong.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 am

I think he'll definitely be missed on and off the pitch as a leader and personality within the team.  He was a true leader in organizing the defense (just behind Carra) and was/is one of the most liked players throughout the squad.

That said, he hasn't been in top form for several seasons (though I think his dip has been overplayed, and am not convinced Mignolet is necessarily better atm) and certainly did not commit to the club earlier in the summer when Barca were supposedly interested.  He left Liverpool in a tough spot and the club chose to take proactive measures to ensure they weren't left without a proper first choice keeper.  When Reina's Barca move never materialized he was left in a tight spot, as his wages demand a starting spot but Mignolet's fee and age suggest he should start.

Reina's exit really is of his own design.  Napoli came in offering to loan him (and may have a clause to buy him next summer) while no other clubs approached LFC to take the senior keeper.  Liverpool accepted the Napoli offer, then informed Reina that they had and that he could discuss personal terms if he wished to pursue the move.  There's nothing out of the ordinary in the way the deal developed, so I personally struggle to see what Pepe has to complain about.  It seems as though he wanted Liverpool to inform him BEFORE accepting the bid, though that's a bit of a pedantic complaint, to be honest.

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:26 am

RedOranje wrote:I think he'll definitely be missed on and off the pitch as a leader and personality within the team.  He was a true leader in organizing the defense (just behind Carra) and was/is one of the most liked players throughout the squad.

That said, he hasn't been in top form for several seasons (though I think his dip has been overplayed, and am not convinced Mignolet is necessarily better atm) and certainly did not commit to the club earlier in the summer when Barca were supposedly interested.  He left Liverpool in a tough spot and the club chose to take proactive measures to ensure they weren't left without a proper first choice keeper.  When Reina's Barca move never materialized he was left in a tight spot, as his wages demand a starting spot but Mignolet's fee and age suggest he should start.

Reina's exit really is parting of his own design.  Napoli came in offering to loan him (and may have a clause to buy him next summer) while no other clubs approached LFC to take the senior keeper.  Liverpool accepted the Napoli offer, then informed Reina that they had and that he could discuss personal terms if he wished to pursue the move.  There's nothing out of the ordinary in the way the deal developed, so I personally struggle to see what Pepe has to complain about.  It seems as though he wanted Liverpool to inform him BEFORE accepting the bid, though that's a bit of a pedantic complaint, to be honest.  

Pretty well said.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:28 am

I don't rate Mignolet any higher than Reina
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 am

Firenze wrote:I don't rate Mignolet any higher than Reina

Have you seen Reina in the last coupe of years. He's been horrid bad bar a couple of games.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:32 am

Agreed and this is probably because we haven't seen enough of him.
But we will see this season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 am

For the past 2 seasons Mignolet has without a doubt been better than Reina. Mignolet doesn't get highly rated on here because he played for Sunderland but having watched him on regular basis in the past 2 seasons I can say he'll be a nice surprise.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:41 am

Mignolet is quality.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:43 am

Begovic >

Reina was shocking last season, yes.. I think he'll bounce back. Guess I'm still rating him from his previous years.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:44 am

Firenze wrote:Begovic >

Reina was shocking last season, yes.. I think he'll bounce back. Guess I'm still rating him from his previous years.

He was worse the season before last.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:44 am

I rate Mignolet higher than Begovic. We actually had Begovic lined up as a target if Mignolet didn't happen. But thank god we got Mig.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 am

I think Begovic is better but that's just me :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next