Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

+16
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
RealGunner
Firenze
TheRedStag
RedOranje
RED
Red Alert
McAgger
TalkingReckless
Onyx
Nishankly
ExtremistEnigma
Grooverider
BarcaLearning
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

Post by Nishankly Wed 31 Jul - 1:48:00

I think Begovic is better but that's just me :coffee:

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do u agree Liverpool should have let Reina go?

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 1:48:19

I honestly believe keepers tend to face the opposite bias of other players. They tend to be MORE HIGHLY rated when they play for clubs with poor performances (especially in defense) or that are "smaller" as the keepers for those clubs face more shots and tend to pull off more saves, boosting their statistics AND eye-catching/memorable saves simply by the law of averages.

As I said, I do not personally feel that Mignolet is currently better than Reina. I think Reina has better distribution and certainly provides more of a presence behind the defense. However, statistics make it fairly clear that Mignolet has been the superior shot stopper in recent years (again, that may be somewhat misleading due to the number and type of shots each saved) and he is undoubtedly better in the air than Reina. Given our struggles with physical forwards and crosses it makes sense to address that. The age disparity also plays to Mignolet's advantage.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 1:48:55

Begovic would also have cost £5m+ more than Mignolet.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 1:57:04

RedOranje wrote:I honestly believe keepers tend to face the opposite bias of other players.  They tend to be MORE HIGHLY rated when they play for clubs with poor performances (especially in defense) or that are "smaller" as the keepers for those clubs face more shots and tend to pull off more saves, boosting their statistics AND eye-catching/memorable saves simply by the law of averages.

As I said, I do not personally feel that Mignolet is currently better than Reina.  I think Reina has better distribution and certainly provides more of a presence behind the defense.  However, statistics make it fairly clear that Mignolet has been the superior shot stopper in recent years (again, that may be somewhat misleading due to the number and type of shots each saved) and he is undoubtedly better in the air than Reina.  Given our struggles with physical forwards and crosses it makes sense to address that.  The age disparity also plays to Mignolet's advantage.

I disagree. I'm not claiming that I watch Sunderland that much last season but when I did Simon did impress. On the other hand Reina has been making me pull my hair out for a couple of season now. In fairness Reina is a good guy to have in camp and he has great distribution, however a goalkeepers main job is to save shots and for me Reina has been awful bad at this in recent seasons.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 2:03:45

You disagree that I don't PERSONALLY FEEL that Mignolet is currently better than Reina? scratch 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:06:52

RedOranje wrote:You disagree that I don't PERSONALLY FEEL that Mignolet is currently better than Reina?  scratch 

Right ya, I understand what your saying and all, but if you "personally feel" that way, then its clear your personal feeling are getting in the way of you c++ logic we're so used to.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 2:16:23

I've already given clear reasons behind my opinions.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:19:52

RedOranje wrote:I've already given clear reasons behind my opinions.  

And I've given reasons why your opinion is wrong. :coffee:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 31 Jul - 2:20:29

How can 'opinion' be wrong?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:22:12

RealGunner wrote:How can 'opinion' be wrong?

Easily.

Example: In my opinion racism isnt wrong. Its just my opinion.

In my opinion, slapping your wife when she steps out of line is fine.

Wrong is wrong. :coffee:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 31 Jul - 2:22:23

Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 31 Jul - 2:23:30

Lmfao that's some extreme examples. But in a way he has a point.

Stop beating your wife to make points though Sad
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:23:34

In my opinion Spurs are vastly superior to Arsenal
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 31 Jul - 2:24:40

In my opinion, you need to get some sleep, la
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 2:27:20

Except you didn't give reasons, you gave more opinions.

There's a difference between the discussion in here (comparison between two statistically similar players) and your fallacious examples (actions/stances that directly contravene standard socially accepted practices and conventions). No sure why people on here always seem to think clearly illogical and fallacious arguments are clever and/or actually valid.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:28:55

My reason is that Mignolet is a better shot stopper which I hold as the most important job of a goalkeeper. There was a period there where Reina was letting in shots nearly straight at him.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 31 Jul - 2:33:48

TheRedStag wrote:My reason is that Mignolet is a better shot stopper which I hold as the most important job of a goalkeeper. There was a period there where Reina was letting in shots nearly straight at him.
See? Opinion. Red has a different opinion. Neither one is wrong, because............well, because it's an opinion
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:35:13

Just for the record Lex what do you think is the most important job for a goalkeeper?

What is your opinion?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 31 Jul - 2:35:29

Well let me state a fact then. Mignolet is better than Reina atm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 2:38:25

TheRedStag wrote:Mignolet is a better shot stopper
Opinion

TheRedStag wrote:the most important job of a goalkeeper
Opinion

TheRedStag wrote:There was a period there where Reina was letting in shots nearly straight at him.
Exaggerated opinion.

One error of the kind does not mean that A) all errors were of the same type
B) that Mignolet has not made similar errors
C) that it was a "period" or other manner of extended time rather than an instance
D) that Reina is objectively worse at stopping shots, merely that it missed one or two (going back to Mignolet making errors; also not taking into account saves that WERE made)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 31 Jul - 2:39:35

McAgger wrote:Well let me state a fact then. Mignolet is better than Reina atm
So a lie and an opinion are how you define "fact" then?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:41:04

Shittalk.

If I say, in my opinion Heskey is a better dribbler than Messi and someone says I'm wrong......

Wrong is wrong.

Messi>>>

Mignolet>>>

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:41:47

RED YOU *bleep* *bleep*

Last edited by TheRedStag on Wed 31 Jul - 17:59:26; edited 1 time in total
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 31 Jul - 2:43:08

TheRedStag wrote:Shittalk.

If I say, in my opinion Heskey is a better dribbler than Messi and someone says I'm wrong......

Wrong is wrong.

Messi>>>

Mignolet>>>

You have yo give REASONS for your opinion if you BELIEVE it is right. If someone disagrees, then they give you their REASONS for why they disagree. Often followed by EVIDENCE.

Why is Heskey a better dribbler than Messi? What makes you think that?

Why is Mignolet better than Reina? What makes you think that?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:46:48

Y u no read RG?

I gave my reason.....Simon is a much better shot stopper. And as Red said this is my opinion and as you said my opinion cant be wrong.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 31 Jul - 2:49:21

For the record, in case some think I'm just saying this now due to what's happened. This was my opinion on our GK's last September.

Goalkeepers: Weak. Reina has become a liability, Jones isn't great either. Still haven't made my mind up on Gulasci
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next