neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 21 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by El Messico Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:59 pm

His link-up on the right with Rakitic and Alves has not been as fresh as it was Jan-Feb, and it's showing as he gets isolated more and more. This frustration with not getting the ball always drives him to the middle, and I can't help but think that it sort of ruins the flow in Barca's game.

While overloading the midfield is a good idea when the team is losing control of the match, if you don't put the requisite defensive work when you do that, the entire defensive shape of the side changes. Luckily, against the better teams he is very clearly working a lot harder than usual and hopefully the same happens against Bayern.

In other news, he really needs a rest.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 21 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 am

I agree that he gets isolated and i also noticed it. This is exactly what opponents want but we ourselves doing them a favor.
he clearly needs rest before bayern game but whi is going to tell him that Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Messi's been getting it in, on and off the field

http://www.espnfc.us/barcelona/story/2426028/lionel-messis-wife-expecting-second-child-barca-star-says
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 06, 2015 3:04 am

http://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jpg/4/9/messi-lucio-nuevo-tattoo-1430830025794.jpg

All the money in the world can't buy good taste...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed May 06, 2015 6:11 am

whats wrong with him :facepalm: him in 1st pic looks more like the demonstration of new Sony humanoid

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 06, 2015 6:35 am

I've noticed it, and it looks awful
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 06, 2015 8:42 am

https://i.imgur.com/I1dsB2k.jpg
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 06, 2015 9:29 am

Messi's tatoos are awful. His mom's face, his son's hands that look like a birth spot, and now this full sleeve that doesn't go with his personality and style at all. Nice that is Gaudí inspired though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 06, 2015 10:26 am

I actually like the sleeve but why would he tattoo that yellow flower on his arm ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 pm

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 21 CreamyConfusedAlbatross

Reminding me much of the 2011 final

great stuff
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Question:

Is this the best form (2015) Messi has been in? He isn't as clinical as he was a few years ago, but he's the total footballer these days.

Edit: 2015 Messi

Last edited by Casciavit on Fri May 08, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 pm

No, in early 2015 he was in much better form.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 08, 2015 10:12 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No, in early 2015 he was in much better form.

I'm speaking of 2015 in general. It's not like he's had a massive dip in form this year. Maybe he slew down a few games due to a foot injury, but he's very much been in top form.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 pm

As a Madrid fan, I'm not as afraid of this Messi as I was of the 2008-11 one.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri May 08, 2015 11:51 pm

i don't think messi drastically changed since 2-3 years (he did from last year)

i just think we have good forwards now compared to pedro/sanchez/injured villa

so yes we are more dangerous but that's also because we have other threats where defenders cannot afford to put 5 people on messi anymore.. every game
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 09, 2015 5:02 am

i love previous Messi, but i wish to have this Messi into my team more because this is more complete. I think earlier version, no matter how deadly, opponent would figure out a way over the course of time. This one is difficult, more unpredictable because he is functioning in multiple roles. i think thats difficult...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm

No, I dont think this is the best Messi.

It is the most intelligent Messi with the ball, but his physical skills are slightly below his peak and his overall energy is more inconsistent.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat May 09, 2015 7:04 pm

I do think he has been playing at his peak generally this season.
A lot have raved about the Bayern performance.I didnt find it all that impressive.Yes,he scored 2 sublime goals at the biggest stage.But I thought he wasnt omnipresent as he has been mostly this season.He didnt have that influence throughout the game and his passing was a bit lacking.
I thought the 2 City games were his best performances.I thought he was simply unplayable those 2 games and was omnipresent throughout the 180 minutes.Didnt score a goal but it is the best performance in the CL I have ever seen.As good as any performance I have seen.Much better than the Bayern performance imo.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat May 09, 2015 10:39 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I do think he has been playing at his peak generally this season.
A lot have raved about the Bayern performance.I didnt find it all that impressive.Yes,he scored 2 sublime goals at the biggest stage.But I thought he wasnt omnipresent as he has been mostly this season.He didnt have that influence throughout the game and his passing was a bit lacking.
I thought the 2 City games were his best performances.I thought he was simply unplayable those 2 games and was omnipresent throughout the 180 minutes.Didnt score a goal but it is the best performance in the CL I have ever seen.As good as any performance I have seen.Much better than the Bayern performance imo.

True. spot on about city game. But Imo in term of Messi i  am with "The Franchise" here, 2008-2011 Messi was Best.
He had better stamina ,off the ball movement, had more acceleration, speed and agility too. Was more hungry for success. Now a days he is bit lazy.
Back then he had good passing too because we had prime xavi iniesta so he didn't drop that much in midfield to show his consistent passing skill.Also he wanted to score more solo goal by dribbling.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 10, 2015 6:14 am

i agree his physical inconsistency is way too much to ignore. today he was running extras to win some balls that i felt not so usual these days. considering we had a tough game in midweek and another coming next, he seemed to be working way too hard. and this has not been consistent throughout the season...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 11, 2015 5:05 am

I'm just so glad to see Messi like this today. After the WC, and it must have been at least a season where he just seems to have dropped off physically so much compared with his peak, I really thought he was downhill now. a Lot of ppl were saying last season he was saving himself for the WC, it likes quite likely that was the case now? He himself said he was having off field issues. I dont know, but this season he has certainly improved physically and as many said above, his overall game as improved further.

I think the new players Rakatic, Suarez, and new manager obviously helped a lot and things have taken a bit of time to click, but all this have helped Messi to get back to where he is capable of, the one we are seeing now Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Mon May 11, 2015 1:40 pm

I totally agree. Messi is not at the peak of his game right now but he has completely improved since the World Cup. I think it helps that he has a lot of great players around him though it's also one of the reasons why pressure is lesser? I mean someone else can score.

They don't need to rely heavily on him. I'm hoping to see the old Messi back.
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 11, 2015 2:12 pm

Messi is currently in peak, he's actually surpassing 11-12 season performance wise. Goal scoring he's about equal, but passing and dribbling has improved. But most of all his intelligence has improved, and this actually offsets his slight physical decline, because he chooses his influence on the pitch better than ever. And the team is picking the fruits of it, he's impacting the play everywhere, and is the deepest reason for the success of the season at this point.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 11, 2015 7:49 pm

he also admitted himself that he feels he has matured more as a player.

saying before his son, he would sulk for days after losses and would overthink past games, but now he feels more at peace and enjoys the game for what it is.

idk if that also has to do with the team cohesion as-well lately, giving up penalties to neymar and doing less solo runs and more passes.

but that could also just be that we finally have good forwards that he wants to pass to.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Apparently Pep said to Messi "I'm glad you're back" at HT and Leo replied "I never left". Any truth to it?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Might interest some of you:

Messi's defensive stats

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 21 CFybjfkW0AEsnEo
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next