neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Casciavit Wed 27 May 2015, 15:24

Might interest some of you:

Messi's defensive stats

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 CFybjfkW0AEsnEo

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by neuro11 Wed 27 May 2015, 15:37

Messi winning Marca's best player of the season tongue

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/26/en/football/spanish_football/1432651884.html

EDIT : if you have forgotten, this is that joke award given to CR in 2013 season when he failed to win pichichi or any title with the team.... :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 28 May 2015, 09:39

Casciavit wrote:Might interest some of you:

Messi's defensive stats

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 CFybjfkW0AEsnEo

"Messi, just walks around like he owns the pitch all game."

Last edited by free_cat on Fri 29 May 2015, 09:22; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 28 May 2015, 21:09

I'm surprised his last season was better than 2 seasons ago

Also his 2010-11 season is often held up as one where he contributed often but it looks no different than the rest
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 28 May 2015, 21:46

Tbf balls won back doesn't mean he's trying harder than ever has or is pressurizing better.

For example Fabregas this season has won more balls than he ever has and you can bet your ass that is mainly to do with Matic.

I would argue he actually pressed and harried better back then, the eye test says that anyway. Without actually winning the ball back but he did force defenders into mistakes none the less. ( probably more)

Basically i think the pressure of Suarez leads to more situations where Messi can win the ball at a higher rate because defenders have to worry about both of them taking the ball from them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 28 May 2015, 22:53

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm surprised his last season was better than 2 seasons ago

Really? 12/13 was without a doubt his all time low. Today I've coincidentally rewatched the 2-2 La Liga Clasico from that season (wanted to see how much Barca has changed from then). He was freaking lazy. Xavi was running all the way up and pressuring centerbacks while Messi was just standing and watching. Which was totally pointless as the pressing didn't happen collectively so it only resulted in Xavi leaving a gap in midfield when he went all the way up to press.

That aside: I wonder how I managed to watch Barca week in week out in 12/13. In hindsight it's atroscious to watch. No wingplay whatsoever. Right side Pedro backpassing nonstop, left side actually no one on the wing. Iniesta and Flopregas standing on each other's toes in midfield, just Alba doing some runs here and there on the left flank. Only 1 genuine goal threat (Messi) upfront and lots of pointless buildup play and ball possession in the middle third. 5 shots in total in the 70th minute displayed. 1 of them was Messi's freekick goal.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 28 May 2015, 23:05

Fußball wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm surprised his last season was better than 2 seasons ago

Really? 12/13 was without a doubt his all time low. Today I've coincidentally rewatched the 2-2 La Liga Clasico from that season (wanted to see how much Barca has changed from then). He was freaking lazy. Xavi was running all the way up and pressuring centerbacks while Messi was just standing and watching. Which was totally pointless as the pressing didn't happen collectively so it only resulted in Xavi leaving a gap in midfield when he went all the way up to press.

That aside: I wonder how I managed to watch Barca week in week out in 12/13. In hindsight it's atroscious to watch. No wingplay whatsoever. Right side Pedro backpassing nonstop, left side actually no one on the wing. Iniesta and Flopregas standing on each other's toes in midfield, just Alba doing some runs here and there on the left flank. Only 1 genuine goal threat (Messi) upfront and lots of pointless buildup play and ball possession in the middle third. 5 shots in total in the 70th minute displayed. 1 of them was Messi's freekick goal.
I still remember that

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 ZoophOw

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 KeeZHuV

Maghaad how did Messi actually carry Barcelona to La Liga 12-13?

EDIT: by scoring 21 La Liga games in a row, against every opponent.

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 VYNHxS3

Sanchez getting away from the front. Laughing Messi runs about 70 yards, passes, dribbles, tackles and shoots the goal when the winger stays put whole time. :facepalm:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 28 May 2015, 23:31

That season was terrible to view on all levels. No individualism, no team work, a broken team defensively....the absolute height of my Cesc hate.

Nothing was more annoying than watching Xavi race 25m forward for nothing. You know the plan isnt right when everyone is standing motionless and the 30 something midfielder is running near full speed forward to a defender with the ball, with all the time in the world.

As for the balls won stats, doesnt mean anything to me. Defensive pressing is never about who wins the most balls, it s a collective effort...I put alot of pressure and run hard so that he makes a mistake in judgement and maybe he kicks it out, maybe he kicks it long, maybe he passes it back to the keepr who kicks it, maybe you back me up and it goes to you, maybe it falls to a midfielder..it can go everywhere except where he defender wants to put it.

Messi this season has done alot better than the last few, but he still has his days where he wanders around aimlessly or watches the play happen around him. His effort is inconsistent. But when he does put effort, as we all already knew he is a very difficult obstacle. Its only natural, he is ultra quick the first few meters, changes direction even quicker, is physically strong at his base and above all is very smart and reads opponents intentions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri 29 May 2015, 09:08

The Franchise wrote:

Messi this season has done alot better than the last few, but he still has his days where he wanders around aimlessly or watches the play happen around him. His effort is inconsistent. But when he does put effort, as we all already knew he is a very difficult obstacle. Its only natural, he is ultra quick the first few meters, changes direction even quicker, is physically strong at his base and above all is very smart and reads opponents intentions.

I agree. But, if him walking some games keeps him out of injuries, i don't mind him doing that against scrubs, even more so now that we can afford that - having Nerman and Suarez as real goal threats which we did not have before. He can slack of on those games and just do couple of touches of genius, a through ball or diagonal to Nerman or Suarez or a one time slalom and score. But he has to be consistent against important teams and games which he did more or less this season.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 29 May 2015, 12:22

Lets not get into that, I dont want to upset people. Ill just aya I dont buy that excuse and never will, picking and choosing when to run to avoid injuries? Nah.

He doesnt limit himself how often he sprints when he has the ball, but when he doesnt have it, he has to?

Again, I dont want to stir that up again but I just aint buying that one and would like to move on Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 30 May 2015, 10:29

Harmonica wrote:
'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 VYNHxS3

Sanchez getting away from the front. Laughing Messi runs about 70 yards, passes, dribbles, tackles and shoots the goal when the winger stays put whole time. :facepalm:

What a fking goal! Incredible, thanks for remembering me that!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat 30 May 2015, 23:32

so what's his total goal tally in all comps vs Ronaldo? Pretty much I am wondering what he has to do to win the European Golden boat or if it's out of reach even with todays 2 goals
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 30 May 2015, 23:35

58 Messi vs 59 CR according to whoscored, although I'm not sure if this already reflects the CdR final
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sat 30 May 2015, 23:39

windkick wrote:so what's his total goal tally in all comps vs Ronaldo? Pretty much I am wondering what he has to do to win the European Golden boat or if it's out of reach even with todays 2 goals

Only league goals count in the race for the Golden Shoe. CR already won it.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat 30 May 2015, 23:43

Thought it was league goals and UCL goals

Oh well
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun 31 May 2015, 01:23

He is tied with Ronaldo for the UCL top scorer BTW. He still has the final to break clear. Also, it's worth mentioning that Neymar also has a chance of becoming the top scorer as he is only a mere goal behind them.

Let's hope that won't stop them from assisting each other in Berlin. Laughing
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 31 May 2015, 06:50

Deja Vu wrote:He is tied with Ronaldo for the UCL top scorer BTW. He still has the final to break clear. Also, it's worth mentioning that Neymar also has a chance of becoming the top scorer as he is only a mere goal behind them.

pretty sure if messi doesn't score in the final it goes to whomever played less in this case ronaldo.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun 31 May 2015, 08:28

i really wish he care less about it. one reason why MSN is so dangerous is because they are so selfless in front of goal...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 31 May 2015, 08:32

our most greedy forward is neymar.. not messi lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun 31 May 2015, 08:37

nah...not that much. yeah today he could have passed a few times rather than attempting "autracious going no where" shots but then agian those were when we already won the game. i could care less of what happens after the game is won. they have the right to stat pad that time :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun 31 May 2015, 16:53

Donuts wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:He is tied with Ronaldo for the UCL top scorer BTW. He still has the final to break clear. Also, it's worth mentioning that Neymar also has a chance of becoming the top scorer as he is only a mere goal behind them.

pretty sure if messi doesn't score in the final it goes to whomever played less in this case ronaldo.

Yeah, what I meant was he still has a chance to score and break the tie. Smile

I also believe that out of the trio, Neymar is the most selfish but not much really.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 31 May 2015, 21:37

being a greedy forward is not a bad thing..
our selfless pedro/sanchez of last year costed us a lot of games

just wish neymar would pass it more to an open suarez instead of always going for glory.
i mean we constantly see suarez doing it for messi/neymar and messi occasionally does it but neymar not so much
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun 31 May 2015, 22:01

Indeed, I also noticed that Neymar hardly ever assists Suarez. In  fact, I remember I read somewhere that Neymar hadn't assisted Suarez once in all competitions.

EDIT:

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 22 289EB14900000578-0-image-m-58_1431520947315
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 31 May 2015, 22:18

I would think some examples of these situations would help, but I dont often see these situations you speak of.

Neymar often tries to give Messi open goals in 1 v 1 does he not?

Yesturday the biggest thing I recall was Suarez being greedy. He got played in behind by someone (maybe Rakitic) and he shot it first time on the right side when Rakitic was wide open for a basic tap in.

But anyway, I agree with donuts...I have seen too many teams and players mess up trying to walk the ball into the net. These are forwards, unless someone is about to score a tap in to an open net..your every right to shoot.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun 31 May 2015, 22:30

My point was that while Neymar often looks for Messi for those tap-ins, he more than often ignores Suarez when he is in similar positions, and instead goes for the goal which isn't necessarily always a bad thing but it's something I found interesting. I can't name any specific matches for examples but I know for sure I often saw Suarez yelling at Neymar in situations he went for glory instead of crossing to Suarez for an easy tap-in.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 31 May 2015, 22:36

Deja Vu wrote:My point was that while Neymar often looks for Messi for those tap-ins, he more than often ignores Suarez when he is in similar positions, and instead goes for the goal which isn't necessarily always a bad thing but it's something I found interesting. I can't name any specific matches for examples but I know for sure I often saw Suarez yelling at Neymar in situations he went for glory instead of crossing to Suarez for an easy tap-in.

From the games I've seen I have noticed the same thing tbh.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next