The Franchise
messixaviesta
billy_gr
62 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 31 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V4

Post by neuro11 Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Don know where to write this, i just read that Villareal was only fined 12000 Euro for the racism act done during barca game.....I mean 12000 Euro ???Really, this shows how strongly they are vs racism....There will be a lot of talk, this and that, but they will never act seriously to stop it....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri May 09, 2014 7:28 pm

CBarca wrote:We really ought to go to Sagna.
Replacing a 31 year old with another 31 year old?

Just like Alves, Sagna is past his better days. You should invest in some youngsters. It will be very difficult, if not impossible, to replace a world class player like Alves though.

PS: I like Azpilicueta Cool 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 09, 2014 7:54 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with Montoya-Cuadrado together on that right side. Montoya is not worse than Carvajal. But Carvajal has now played a whole season in Bundesliga and a whole season in La Liga whereas Montoya is left on the bench no matter how much Alves is clowning around with useless crosses and his non-defending acts. And then people here rate him based on 1 start every 10 games. Because that's how you can work on and improve your final touch and decision making (his biggest weakness right now), right?

Lucho has worked with him at Barca B. He'll count on him and develop him properly.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Montoya Laughing

You serious right now?

He had a good spell of like 4-5 games when Dani was out injured and in all of them he was poor, or at best average.

Enrique aint a magican, he cant give him talent.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Corrected, he at some point started 14 games out of 18 game stretch (plus1 he came on in the 31'st minute)

He got his chances and all he did was fluff his first touches, produce flailing efforts in positonal and 1 v 1 defending and even his only strong point, overlapping and crosses..were nowhere to be found.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Can't agree with that. You're overly harsh on a youth player. Defenders, more than players in other positions, need experience and consistency. And by that I don't mean a stretch of 10 games. Remember how much Busquets gave the ball away in his first season and everyone wanted to kill him, especially when it became obvious that Yaya would leave because of him?

Montoya had 3 assists in his last 9 games (Copa del Rey not counted), as much as Alves in the whole season in 32 starts, with intelligent low cross deliveries, so he can't be as bad as you describe him in the final third, despite the fact that he has a lot to improve still. In his last game against Granada he was great, even the critics on this forum conceded it, and since then he's disappeared again while Alves attacked like a morron, gave the ball away and was nowhere to be found to concede the equalizer to Getafe. Criticism on GL: 0, except me. "Herp derp, Alba."

Montoya will never be prime Alves but no one in the current market will so let's move on. Rather develop Montoya than buy Sagna or Zuniga. Rolling Eyes

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Busquets at no point was as bad as Montoya, and even if he was, you could at least see the talent behind the mistakes.

I see very little with Montoya. He isnt a starting calibre player for Barcelona right now, not even as close as guys JDS was, Sergi Roberto is. Right now, I wouldnt even believe in him to be a back up vs the lower half of the table...but imagine him in the biggest of games..good grief.

Dont give me assists stats, give me performances. Dont tell me he couldnt be as bad as I say, yeah, he was. I cant be bothered looking for the thread but the abuse he was getting on here for those games were far worse than anything I am saying now. He was terrible.

I dont know why your so obsessed with Alves, its amazing lol.

How can you say noone criticises him when you can just go back and see Donuts being as obsessed with criticising him as you are.

I am not comparing him to Alves, I am comparing him to noone.

Bottom line, he has so much improvements to make before he can be used..its beyond comprehension.

Medicore player and will only produce medicore performances next season if he is counted on, if we are lucky.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:I see very little with Montoya. He isnt a starting calibre player for Barcelona right now, not even as close as guys JDS was, Sergi Roberto is. Right now, I wouldnt even believe in him to be a back up vs the lower half of the table...but imagine him in the biggest of games..good grief.

Mate, this is just completely ridiculous. He already played 2 Clasicos when the centerback partnership alongside him was Adriano and Mascherano and almost scored the winner in added time and none of the conceded goals came from his side. Yet you think he can't even be a backup against lower table clubs. Ridiculous.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm

He was like our worst player in that first clasico and Valdes gave him the stare of death after he nearly made us concede Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 09, 2014 9:49 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He was like our worst player in that first clasico and Valdes gave him the stare of death after he nearly made us concede Laughing

No he wasn't. Your thinking about a completely different game. I think Sevilla when he made that uncomfortable backpass.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat May 10, 2014 1:35 am

To be fair he does misplace a lot of passes, his touch in the final third is abysmal and one really stupid thing he does is getting himself into trouble by cutting into traffic. As a fullback you rarely want to cut in into midfielders, as your job is mainly to provide width but surprisingly he does that quite often.

But as futbol said, Alves has not been great either. Lots of goals conceded by Barcelona recently have come from his flank where he's usually nowhere to be found. Whether the problem is tactical i.e. Messi not pressing so the RW has to press the opponents' CB, leaving a whole flank for Alves to defend etc. I can't comment. But he's not the same machine he used to be 5 seasons ago, that is for sure.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 10, 2014 2:00 am

obsession with alves?
i'm pointing out the obvious that he was at fault for many of the goals we have conceded, i would say you are more obsessed with trying to make alba look bad (despite being our best in the back 4 this half of the season) then you are being realistic with alves.
the guy is 31 and has declined, that is normal we need a replacement.
if we can sell him for good money then even better.

montoya does get a lot of criticism but jds or sergi roberto better? lol yeah okay we can see where your bias is considering JDS hasn't even played for us in a year and a half.. and everytime roberto gets gametime it's the final 5 minutes.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 10, 2014 2:38 am

Alves is past his prime.....and lately the guy is more involved in smoking than talking on the pitch....hardly anyone here disagree with that. however, question is not to keep him but if we cant arrange better we should not make it worse by selling him.....Montaya playing there week in week out is a nightmare for me....i would be surprised if the guy succeeds in any better club than midtable....
The guy played 28 league games in last two seasons...and 1123 mins this season alone. his longest streak was 6 games and with a game in bench he played two more games....but you say he has not been used enough!!! ....don know how enrique will make him our Right King...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 10, 2014 9:06 am

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I see very little with Montoya. He isnt a starting calibre player for Barcelona right now, not even as close as guys JDS was, Sergi Roberto is. Right now, I wouldnt even believe in him to be a back up vs the lower half of the table...but imagine him in the biggest of games..good grief.

Mate, this is just completely ridiculous. He already played 2 Clasicos when the centerback partnership alongside him was Adriano and Mascherano and almost scored the winner in added time and none of the conceded goals came from his side. Yet you think he can't even be a backup against lower table clubs. Ridiculous.

And he was crap in the game.

Because he played in it means what?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 10, 2014 9:09 am

Donuts wrote:obsession with alves?
i'm pointing out the obvious that he was at fault for many of the goals we have conceded, i would say you are more obsessed with trying to make alba look bad (despite being our best in the back 4 this half of the season) then you are being realistic with alves.
the guy is 31 and has declined, that is normal we need a replacement.
if we can sell him for good money then even better.

montoya does get a lot of criticism but jds or sergi roberto better? lol yeah okay we can see where your bias is considering JDS hasn't even played for us in a year and a half.. and everytime roberto gets gametime it's the final 5 minutes.

The point is, who are your arguing with...you made a good 3-4 comments with criticisms for Alves, which noone is even arguing back against you with. I would call that obsession.

More importantly, the reason you was mentioned....Futbol says nobody gives Alves criticism, which is obviously rubbish because you do.

Alba? When was the last time I said anything about Alba? Alba has been the best of nothing.

I didnt say JDS is better..how can you compare a rightback to a midfielder Laughing

Learn to read first before you chime in, at least.

I said they are more ready to be in the team (JDS was, not now obviously) than Montoya...and neither should be in the team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 10, 2014 3:25 pm

If Luis Enrique beomes the next Barcelona coach, he would not count on Dos Santos, Afellay, Cuenca, Tello, Song and Alves. [marca]
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat May 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Dos Santos, Afellay, Cuenca, Tello, Song can all go and I'm not surprised. You can add Kerrison and Bojan to that list

Would be hard to replace a player of Alves's qualities.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun May 11, 2014 12:46 am

According to Brazilian newspaper Lance, sources close to David Luiz have confirmed that he will be a Barça player next season. And deal could happen after the world cup.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 11, 2014 12:48 am

Alba-Luiz-Pique-Cuadrado

It's happening. Laughing

My sides. Proud

Coppied from another board:

Luiz is 99% done deal it seems. R.Martinez is very reliable and apart from that Lancernet is always 100% correct when it comes to Brazilian players plus some other source said the exact same thing.

Don't know how correct that is. Maybe the resident Brazilians (Ganso?) know more.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun May 11, 2014 4:18 am

lol we are so fecked next season
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 11, 2014 5:06 am

Actually if our back line of CB's next season is this...

Luiz-Pique; back up's Bartra-Laporte

It's a rather improvement over this seasons

Masch-Pique; back up of Barta-Busquets/Adriano/Song/Puyol

But bringing in Cuardado to be the new starting RB is just a dumbass idea. They should of just went full defensive with our right back and give the bombing forward job to Alba. That way we always keep 3 guys back. Having both of our fullbacks rushing forward will continue to leave us exposed on the wings for counters. Hope that Cuardrado crap is just a rumor.

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun May 11, 2014 5:29 am

hopefully luiz price is around 20m.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 am

MaraVilla wrote:hopefully luiz price is around 20m.

you gotta be kidding....we will buy(IF) luiz after WC when Chelsea will have a photo to sell of Luiz lifting WC for 20 M  Cool

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 am

Luiz cost Chelsea €25m + Matić back when he was a relatively unknown player; do you think Chelsea will let him go for €20 million? Laughing

Going to cost Barcelona at least €40 million.

futbol wrote:Alba-Luiz-Pique-Cuadrado
That is possibly the most unbalanced back four I've seen in a while Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun May 11, 2014 12:39 pm

20m + Kerrison  :coffee: