Did it make sense for Real Madrid to sell Ozil?

+47
DuringTheWar
rwo power
Lex
the xcx
Djcomplain
Arsenalfaithfull
Twoism
TenMenWonTheLeague
Doc
BarcaLearning
Valkyrja
vivabarca38
REWB
Chumlum
Raptorgunner
Margera
juventus101
guest7
inter1lachen
Gil
halamadrid2
S
BarrileteCosmico
Blue Barrett
Crimson
windkick
alexander mahone
Mr Nick09
7amood11
VivaStPauli
Forza
futbol
Firenze
jibers
teamanarchy
Toffer Harley
EarlyPrototype
ExtremistEnigma
Collblanc
flameas
sportsczy
Beautiful Football
aleumdance
The Franchise
The_Badger
Onyx
51 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Did it make sense for Real Madrid to sell Ozil? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did it make sense for Real Madrid to sell Ozil?

Post by alexander mahone 3/9/2013, 16:11

Benzema got that 20 assists out of about 40 chances he created.
Ozil got the same number out of about 90 chances he created.

alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Did it make sense for Real Madrid to sell Ozil? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did it make sense for Real Madrid to sell Ozil?

Post by sportsczy 3/9/2013, 16:15

Wonder what realmadrid.com use. I always thought it was Opta... but since they show 20 and Opta is at 19, it's either a typo or they use something else.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 3/9/2013, 16:19

Crimson wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Compare:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/karim-benzema/leistungsdaten/spieler_18922_2012.html

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/mesut-oezil/leistungsdaten/spieler_35664_2012.html

ESPN also said that Ozil had more assists (15 - 20).
transfermarket is terrible for stats and ESPN does not include stats from the CdR or the Cup

Nice try though
How is transfermarkt terrible for stats? And even if ESPN doesn't include Cup stats Ozil would still probably be higher than Benzema.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett 3/9/2013, 16:20

flameas wrote:Well, is he that good as Arsenal fans now say? Di Maria is better on the wing and ISco is a better AM. Also Modric can be AM.

So I would say it did make sense. Especially with that price. Prices are ridiculous atm. Ozil for three times more than Strootman cost - no way he three times better. Maybe not the best comparison, but you get the picture. The obsession with AMs is just plain stupid.
What has me in shock right now is that there's actually someone in the world who believes these things you just wrote Laughing My God...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson 3/9/2013, 16:26

sportsczy wrote:Wonder what realmadrid.com use.  I always thought it was Opta... but since they show 20 and Opta is at 19, it's either a typo or they use something else.
They used to Opta now they do theirs internally.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 3/9/2013, 16:28

I think it made sense for Oezil. In a world cup year where the competition is high in the German NT (Kroos, Muller, Goetze) he really cannot afford to spend a year heavily rotated with Isco, Bale and Di Maria. Given that Carlo prefers hard workers and Oezil is not exactly known for his defensive shifts it makes perfect sense for Mesut to want out to both remain in top form and ensure he doesn't lose his NT place.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S 3/9/2013, 16:29

Considering they have a ready high quality replacement in Isco,yes.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley 3/9/2013, 16:36

7amood11 wrote:
Crimson wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Compare:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/karim-benzema/leistungsdaten/spieler_18922_2012.html

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/mesut-oezil/leistungsdaten/spieler_35664_2012.html

ESPN also said that Ozil had more assists (15 - 20).
transfermarket is terrible for stats and ESPN does not include stats from the CdR or the Cup

Nice try though
How is transfermarkt terrible for stats? And even if ESPN doesn't include Cup stats Ozil would still probably be higher than Benzema.
no they aren't.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 3/9/2013, 16:38

7amood11 wrote:How is transfermarkt terrible for stats? And even if ESPN doesn't include Cup stats Ozil would still probably be higher than Benzema.
Because they include more than a direct pass as an assist. Hence why Mata's stats are so completely overblown and why their assist stats are not trustworthy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 3/9/2013, 16:38

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
7amood11 wrote:How is transfermarkt terrible for stats? And even if ESPN doesn't include Cup stats Ozil would still probably be higher than Benzema.
Because they include more than a direct pass as an assist. Hence why Mata's stats are so completely overblown and why their assist stats are not trustworthy.
If you get fouled for a pk, it's an assist too... it's just a very unique method.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson 3/9/2013, 16:42

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
 If you get fouled for a pk, it's an assist too... it's just a very unique method.
I have another word for it haha
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley 3/9/2013, 16:54

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
what do you mean by that? that transfermarkt gives out assists for people who have been involved before the "actual" assist-giver?

Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 3/9/2013, 17:10

Toffer Harley wrote:what do you mean by that? that transfermarkt gives out assists for people who have been involved before the "actual" assist-giver?
As mentioned above if a player gets fouled in the box and another takes the pen that counts as an assist. They also include rebounds from the keeper/post/deflections from other players, free kicks won and corner kick assists, which are not normally considered assists.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze 3/9/2013, 17:12

Ramos & Arbeloa already coming out to say it's a huge blow to the team and shouldn't have been sold.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 3/9/2013, 17:25

Ramos: if it was up to me Ozil would be the last to leave Proud Ronaldo ;vagi;
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley 3/9/2013, 17:37

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:what do you mean by that? that transfermarkt gives out assists for people who have been involved before the "actual" assist-giver?
As mentioned above if a player gets fouled in the box and another takes the pen that counts as an assist. They also include rebounds from the keeper/post/deflections from other players, free kicks won and corner kick assists, which are not normally considered assists.
deflections are a wide subject, depending on decisiveness. free kicks won (with a later goal) don't count and i dunno what's wrong with counting a nice corner cross - it's an assist. either way, as long as there is no cross-referencing with other databases it gives a perfectly fine overview of a player's productivity.

and on a sidenote.. i don't think non-german speakers are able to figure out transfermarkt, eventho they have somewhat of an english translation.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx 3/9/2013, 17:40

Ozil:

"At the weekend, I was certain that I would stay at Real Madrid, but afterwards I realised that I did not have the faith from the coach or the bosses.

"I am a player who needs this faith and that is what I have felt from Arsenal, which is why I have joined.

"I am really looking forward to it because I have the faith of the coach. I had spoken to him at length on the telephone, he explained his plans and that he has faith in me - that is what I need as a player.

"I am looking forward to the new challenge there. I have already heard that they have super fans, the city is great and the team is fantastic."

Ozil also believes Arsene Wenger can take his game to another level and is relishing playing in the Premier League.

"Wenger gives me the faith and I can develop further," he added. "I know what I can do and I know that I could make the grade with any club in the world because I am so convinced in myself, but if I don't feel people have faith in me, then that is why I had to leave and at Arsenal, I feel I have this fully.

"I am sure the new coach is going to develop me further and I am also really looking forward to playing in the Premier League."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 3/9/2013, 17:47

Ozil's really a girly man... imagine if Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria or Marcelo had his attitude.  They would have gone crying to mommy years ago.  Instead they fought tooth and nail.  If you fight and don't win for whatever reason, fair enough.  But Ozil ran from competition...  sprinted actually.

Weak-minded player it looks like.  Very disappointing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil 3/9/2013, 17:49

Lets be honest, Isco is well on his way to being better than Ozil.

Ozil is far more creative and has better acceleration but Isco destroys him in everything else as well as being the better defensive player and harder worker.

Bale is Di Maria's replacement so I have no idea why people are comparing him and Ozil to be honest. Bale out wide >>>>> Ozil.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen 3/9/2013, 17:52

Forza wrote:Ozil was the best player to change clubs in this transfer window.
Please.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley 3/9/2013, 17:55

sportsczy wrote:Ozil's really a girly man... imagine if Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria or Marcelo had his attitude.  They would have gone crying to mommy years ago.  Instead they fought tooth and nail.  If you fight and don't win for whatever reason, fair enough.  But Ozil ran from competition...  sprinted actually.

quite the opposite. he realized he has absolutely no lobby in madrid and doesn't wanna act in some crappy soap opera where inferior players get the lead roles. on top of that, real never showed appreciation for what he's done by giving him an adequate contract. a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. anybody who lets that fat clown perez ruin your world cup is simply an idiot.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx 3/9/2013, 17:57

Ozil only decided to leave during the last couple of days. He was a starter.

Isco was Di Maria's replacement.

Bale was just being signed for no reason.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 3/9/2013, 17:57

Gil wrote:Lets be honest, Isco is well on his way to being better than Ozil.

Ozil is far more creative and has better acceleration but Isco destroys him in everything else as well as being the better defensive player and harder worker.

Bale is Di Maria's replacement so I have no idea why people are comparing him and Ozil to be honest. Bale out wide >>>>> Ozil.
Gil is the truth.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson 3/9/2013, 17:57

So that's it then

Ozil is a mental midget just like Mourniho confirmed.

Well best of luck Arsenal will suit you then lmao
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 3/9/2013, 18:01

It was his decision, and Isco is already better.

It made very much sense, honestly don't care. The team is much better now that everyone is tracking back. It was our greatest weakness in big games that our frontline wasn't tracking back.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 3/9/2013, 18:07

Toffer Harley wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ozil's really a girly man... imagine if Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria or Marcelo had his attitude.  They would have gone crying to mommy years ago.  Instead they fought tooth and nail.  If you fight and don't win for whatever reason, fair enough.  But Ozil ran from competition...  sprinted actually.

quite the opposite. he realized he has absolutely no lobby in madrid and doesn't wanna act in some crappy soap opera where inferior players get the lead roles. on top of that, real never showed appreciation for what he's done by giving him an adequate contract. a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. anybody who lets that fat clown perez ruin your world cup is simply an idiot.
Yeah. He makes 6 mil a year. Horrible contract. Madrid were offering to bump him up to 8 mil, which would put him only behind CR7, Iker and the incoming Bale. Instead, he was asking for 15 mil gross, which is more than CR7 Laughing

Truly unbelievable given how inconsistent he's been in the last 2 years...

And then, he comes out with this soft dribble...

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next