Tomwin Lannister
Gil
110 posters

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 36 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Cujo wrote:I was referring to his comment about Benzema scoring and assisting more (which he doesn't).

Anyway, Benzema is a good supplementary player but Lewandowski is the type of player that can lead a team.

How do you know Benzema can't?  I'd argue like every striker who played with Ronaldo or Messi he would look a lot better when he's the main man.

Actually no, I know he would look a lot better if he was the main man.

It's a two-edged matter. He could look better because he would see a lot more of the ball, but at the same time he could be worse because Ronaldo gives him so much space by dragging defenders.

imo, Karim can't be the focal point of the team because of his mentality. he doesn't strike me as the guy who could take all the pressure on his shoulders.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Cujo wrote:I was referring to his comment about Benzema scoring and assisting more (which he doesn't).

Anyway, Benzema is a good supplementary player but Lewandowski is the type of player that can lead a team.

How do you know Benzema can't?  I'd argue like every striker who played with Ronaldo or Messi he would look a lot better when he's the main man.

Actually no, I know he would look a lot better if he was the main man.

In fact, he did look a lot better as the main man, which is what he was at Lyon.

@cujo. I meant so far this season... which is the most relevant imo since Lewa is on a team where he's just one of the guys as opposed to being the main guy at Dortmund.  

Benz has done it every year he's been a pro (20+ goals) since the age of 19 except for his first season at Madrid.  Lewa is a very good scorer too and has been consistent as well... he scores more because he's the primary scorer and star on his teams until this year.  Got a lot of opportunities.

This year, he's still expected to be the top scorer.  But he's not the best player on his team anymore and doesn't get as many touches.  He's just one of the guys.  What's happened?  He has 5 goals and 4 assists on 39 shots in 12 games.  His shots are down to a little over 3 as opposed to the 4 shots he was getting at Dortmund.  

Now let's compare that to Benz...  same 12 games and he has 7 goals and 5 assists on 20 total shots.  Now think about that for a second:  He's producing more goals on half the shots.

That's the difference and why Benz is such a great player...  he does what needs to get done for the team and still puts up good numbers.  He only gets 2 shots per game and has adapted his game to remain effective and vital imo despite really not playing the CF spot anymore.  

You don't survive at Madrid for now his 6th season with the number 9 on your back if you're not only very good but also tough minded.  Playing with Ronaldo the whole time, he's managed 118 goals and 60 assists in 247 games (a lot of sub appearances in his first 4 years).

CL comparison with Lewa is hugely in favor of Benz btw although Lewa is decent.  Benz has 40 goals and 18 assists in 67 CL games while Lewa has 19 goals in 39 CL games...  not sure about Lewa, but Benz take no PKs and no FKs for his production either.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 pm

I've simply come to love lewa in recent seasons and if i were a coach i'd probably go with lewa without a doubt, mostly cause he's more predatory and straight forward (per se), as a striker, which is whats more important to me, while benz is in love with the beautiful game (so to speak), and is more concious of how he does what he does (ala ibra, neymar) ..however, if given the right circumstances benz can equally be the main man for a top club like he proved in lyon, and u can just simply tell he's just more talented than lewa and generally the more supperior player..people don't realize how difficult it is to play with guys like cr7 and bale tbh, and having your position threatened every transfer market by the seeming flavours of the month and still put up above average performances every season..i prefer lewandowski anyway but i'm trying to be as realistic as possible.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 am

well, benzema is the main man in france, he's been doing alright of recent, but nothing super-extraordinary. imo he is ideal for us at madrid, he's the right person for the position, he doesn't need to be the best striker or center forward in the world ( and he really isn't) that doesn't matter to me, he can be number 22 on world's top player's list what matters is he's doing his job at madrid and plays his role....he's more like a scottie pippen; he suits our team, and just as important, our team also suits him
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:43 am

titosantill wrote:well, benzema is the main man in france, he's been doing alright of recent, but nothing super-extraordinary. imo he is ideal for us at madrid, he's the right person for the position, he doesn't need to be the best striker or center forward in the world ( and he really isn't) that doesn't matter to me, he can be number 22 on world's top player's list what matters is he's doing his job at madrid and plays his role....he's more like a scottie pippen; he suits our team, and just as important, our team also suits him

Agree with that, still think he would get a lot more respect outside of Madrid though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:51 am

i swear some of you erase benzema at lyon as nothing or something? he was primary there and was a monster, he proved himself in the cl a lot more than hazard,aguero,lewa. beasting on prime vidic and ferdinand, etc.

he has clearly sacrificed his game from his time at madrid, he used to dribble more, score harder shots, but now he just tries to be as efficient as possible cause he touches and shots keep going down, and cr shots keep going up and now bale shoots like a maniac too and is consider some great finisher Laughing.

benzema is way more talented and proven to be a complimentary player wtf? Laughing, its because he is that elite and a complete footballer, he can dominate teams like bayern and barca, controls the ball any where on pitch, regardless of the pressure, and still make a play, and he makes it look so easy some of you think he looks average rofl, did i mention gets 22 touches and 2 shots a game? but he would be worse with more opportunities? do you know how crazy that sounds?

for the last time benzema does not have a weak mentality, stop falling for mou bs, mou just wanted a drogba type striker from the moment he got to madrid, and was clearly trying anything to force benz out, like he did to mata, so he can have work horse playing his negative garbage, no one ever said benzema had a weak mentality till mou said it, just like how everybody act like he is lazy because he doesn't score, when he clearly runs hard every game, still ignore how much of a #9 he is becoming under carlo and he is still improving, yet still force the false 9 or 10 tag cause he is a beast of a footballer

my point is mainly the media and mou, created this cat image that has stuck with him and used against him at every chance, no matter what he does that needs to die, he was important for the 10th fact
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 am

I followed Benzema quite actively while he was playing for Lyon. Hell, I've even watched him play at Stade de Gerland. Yes, he was a very talented prospect, back then, and I was ecstatic when I found out that he was transferring to Real Madrid. However, his development since then has been very, very slow and his form has been unstable, to say the least.

He was clearly inferior to Higuaín, but was still favoured due to his more unique style of play and his more consistent performances in the Champions League. He's clearly on form these days, but his career at Madrid up until now has hardly been without issues.

I can no longer call myself a Benzema fanatic. I'm sure he's a great guy outside of the pitch, and I've always liked him as a person - but in footballing terms, I consider him a relatively late bloomer and someone who, while still being great, will probably never live up to his potential. Don't get me wrong, I consider him an asset to this team, but he's nowhere near where I thought he would be, 7-8 years ago. He's playing well, these days, and I'm hoping that this patch of consistency will last for a while. Bringing up how good he was while at Lyon matters little, though.

I don't know why you support him so blindly. The only interaction I've ever had with you on these forums was when I criticised his performance last year, and you appeared out of nowhere and basically spammed me with "GTFO" in the live chat Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:02 am

Lewandowski is the better player. He has shown it with his consistency over an extended period of time playing for a worse team.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 am

Pippo wrote:Lewandowski is the better player. He has shown it with his consistency over an extended period of time playing for a worse team.

I definitely agree about the consistency part, but I find it hard to compare the two, as they're very different types of players. Lewa has plenty of talent around him now, and he has yet to impress anyone. Meanwhile, Benzema's finally hit a good streak of form. Also, I'd argue it's easier to stand out when playing for a team that doesn't have an abundance of talent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:20 am

benzema inferior to higuain what? when both have been fit benzema has out scored him, from then all the way till now rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:21 am

Not in the league, and not in overall performance. Nothing good will come out of debating with you Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 am

you mean 5 goals in 50+ cl games, all higs did was scored on scrub big whoop, tell all the big games higs showed up and performed? lyon,barca,atleti,bvb,mancity,bayern? what 1 cross for cr against a 10 man utd rofl, you guys praise anything as great

edit: benzema still out scored overall especially when it matter this is a fact, you can't deny and tell me about these performances, that 1 league win where rvn was scoring everything and higs scored a goal at the end and became new raul, that never worked out cause higs was never that good
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:43 am

Unbelievable player. When I see him I think of a mix of Ronaldo and van Basten. Will prove it today in El Clasico yet again.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:06 am

Fußball wrote:Unbelievable player. When I see him I think of a mix of Ronaldo and van Basten. Will prove it today in El Clasico yet again.
fussball, u bitifol jinx king!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:07 am

Bankz wrote:
Fußball wrote:Unbelievable player. When I see him I think of a mix of Ronaldo and van Basten. Will prove it today in El Clasico yet again.
fussball, u bitifol jinx king!

might backfire though whenever benzema "destroys" us real madrid seems to lose..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:16 am

like in the cdr final? bad... i mean selective memory?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 am

i never brought up benzema at lyon because i never watched them nor ligue un consistently, unless they were playing madrid...even with the inflow of cash to psg, it wasn't until ibra showed up i started catching a few games here and there. the only thing that attracted me in those days when lyon were busy raping everyone in ligue un with their what 7 or 8 straight titles was watching juninho in the hope he'll score a free kick (greatest set piece taker imo)....benz is a good player, i think he's an even better player now at least tactically, (people who watched him at lyon would prolly be able to compare more than myself). no disrespect but wasn't his time there more of like a big fish in a small pond? considering they would always win and had some of the top defensive midfielders compared to other french clubs at the time
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 am

the point is tito, that benzema is a weak minded player, that would clearly play worse with more touches and shots per game,  cause he is an average top 15 striker, that is lucky to watch cr and bale taking wild shot for lulz cause he will take the blame gladly like always, for not scoring as much with less than half the chances, cause his abilities is nothing more than that of a role player, that happened to be on this team cause zidane wanted company or something, oh and chicha is clearly more dangerous for some reason i made up a minute ago, ans falcao and lewa are clearly out performing him, in reality their not but as long as tell myself that and my mobs backs me its true.

this as gone on long enough, im done
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:08 am

miss me with the sarcasm, i never said he was slow witted, slow minded or a role player, i stated he is an integral part of our team and system. not everybody can be michael jordan, or play that role; that doesn't take away from their talent or contributions...mj needed a pippen as well to get past the hump
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 pm

"clearly inferior to Higuain" Laughing That killed me. You're clearly not a football savant. That's about the only clarlity i get from your posts on this subject Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:41 pm

benzema = 40 CL goals .
van basten = 19 CL goals.
ronaldo = 16 CL goals .

a mix of van basten and ronaldo = 35 goals .

benzema > a mix of van basten and ronaldo :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:47 pm

farfan wrote:

benzema = 40 CL goals .
van basten = 19 CL goals.
ronaldo = 16 CL goals .

a mix of van basten and ronaldo = 35 goals .

benzema > a mix of van basten and ronaldo :coffee:

a mix of MVB and Ronaldo doesn't mean Ronaldo+MVB.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:15 pm

World Class striker lol. Haters all gone Laughing

Big game player.

People have cheek the question the GOAT
RealGunner