Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL

+2
Busby Babe
Vlad the Impaler
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL Empty Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 am

Discuss!

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL Empty Re: Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 am

Man UTD via Twitter wrote:We can confirm @rioferdy5 will sit alongside David Moyes at today's Champions League press conference (14:00 BST).

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL BUSJ2ayCYAEbh5M
More pics from Twitter:

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL BUSBUp5IUAAm3uy

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL BUSG9vxIYAA3Rpt
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL Empty Re: Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 am

I was hoping Rio would get rest tomorrow. Him going to the press conference might signal a start.

I was hoping Evans or Smalling would start.

OT: Smalling is 24 in 2 months, injuries have slowed him down, he could have been a starter by now.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:55 am

Smalling is an average player at the moment. But yes, Evans should start tomorrow night; Rio should be rested, he has big problems with his back and we know this since Sir Alex said that he can't play two games in a row.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:00 am

Yeah, you're probably right. The league cup game is perhaps better to see where Smalling is at.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 am

Do you have any livestream where I can see the press conference?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
ronaldo__9 wrote:Yeah, you're probably right. The league cup game is perhaps better to see where Smalling is at.
Do you have any livestream where I can see the press conference?
Sorry mate, I don't. I will try to post a few videos of the press conference after.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:07 am

Wait found it.

http://www.day.to/watch/live/streaming/online/free/en-vivo/m11/1/may-13-2013/manchester-united-mutv.html
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 am

Pff, I saw your post just now. Thanks anyway!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:00 am

Straight from the BBC
1444:
MAN UTD NEWS CONFERENCE

David Moyes on the Champions League: "I think all groups are tough. You could always pick the winner out of it in the past, but it's become more difficult and more unpredictable now. I see it as a pretty tough, open group. Everyone wants to do well in it. This is a competition that the players are used to and enjoy playing in."

1430:
MAN UTD NEWS CONFERENCE

David Moyes on Ashley Young and diving: "I have spoken to him privately, need retrospective punishment. Referee got the decision right. But I can't promise that it won't happen again with Young."

Rio Ferdinand on Ashley Young: "Punishment has to be enforced across Europe not just the Premier League. It's become part of our game - you've got to defend a bit more with your head, it is difficult. For the referees it is such a difficult thing to do."
1426:
MAN UTD NEWS CONFERENCE

David Moyes on Shinji Kagawa: "He is feeling a bit better, he's had a little bit of flu. He did some work yesterday and a little bit today."
1421:
MAN UTD NEWS CONFERENCE

When asked about last season's Champions League exit versus Real Madrid, defender Rio Ferdinand said: "We were all disappointed, but we'll start afresh this season. New group, new season, new games. Last season is out of our minds and not something we need to use as motivation."
1414:
MAN UTD NEWS CONFERENCE

Manchester United boss David Moyes says he is "really excited" about his first Champions League match with the club. "Every game offers a new challenge. I'm looking forward to it". He added: "We've got a leading team from Germany and Spain to play, and have to go to Donetsk to play Shakhtar. It's a tough group."
He also said he's confident that Januzaj will sign a new contract. He went on to say, he will only be available to play in the CL in October, because of the length time he's been at Man Utd. I think a youth player has to be at the club for two years to be available for the B-list. I'm not entirely sure though.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 am

keeping in mind the derby next week what sort of changes we should make today in the lineup against a more than capable Bayer side.
Kagawa is set to play cheers i heard, but should we also accommodate rooney plus i am expecting some changes in the defence. What ya guys think
my starter will be something like this
.................de gea........
rafael.....evans.....vidic...fabio
zaha....fellaini....cleverly....kagawa
.........chicha........rvp.......

this is because of seeing shinji excel in a similar position in the national colours last week and the desire to give a start to chicha Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:47 pm

#MUFC XI: De Gea - Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Kagawa - Rooney, van Persie

#mufc subs vs. Bayer Leverkusen: Lindegaard Fabio Evans Anderson Cleverley Young Hernandez

Kagawa starts! Proud

Smalling ffs! Mad

Leverkusen: Leno, Spahic, Boesnich, Toprak, Reinartz, Bonati, Rolfes, Can, Sam, Ming, Kiessling
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Kagawa starts :bow:

Bench looks a little weak, I wish Zaha was on it. I'm not really a fan of Smalling at RB, he should do well defensively though. Those are minor issues anyway. Looks like a good team.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I hope we will easily win the game! I would like to see Kagawa and Fellaini scoring today!

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL 1239472_10151693148522746_1422732785_n
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:25 pm

I placed a bet ticket: Man United 3-0 Leverkusen; Real Sociedad 2-2 Shakhtar Donetsk

Old Trafford 17/9/2013 Manchester United - Bayer Leverkusen UCL BUYmPPdIcAA4FMz
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 pm

1-0 at the half-time, Rooney scored with a volley. I think the ref made a mistake by not giving offisde at Valencia's position. Anyway, we dominated the first half and we certainly deserve the lead.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 pm

1-0 at halftime by rooney goal and things looking good on the attacking front especially Smile
build up to the goal was amazing
rooney, kagawa and fellaini brilliant so far Proud

so rooney and kagawa can indeed play together cheers

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Yes they can. Kagawa plays very well on the left side.

He isn't 100% fit yet, I bet he will be substituted in the 2nd.

By the way, Smalling was a beast! Shocked

Well done Chris, I hope he will keep playing like this!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm

BRB fapping to Rooney tonight Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:41 pm

we were defensively sloppy especially rio ferdy Neutral 
we should have won the match by a 6-1 scoreline instead of the 4-2 Rolling Eyes 

-anyway just a decent show by defence
-more than average show by midfield
-and a brilliant show by the offence (despite rooney and rvp missing those 2 golden chances :facepalm: )

next stop etihad Twisted Evil 

glory cheers

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Full time: 4-2

Very well played. I am glad that Rooney managed to score 2 goals. Also, I am happy that Robin van Persie scored and continued his good form.

That counter-attack at Valencia's goal and Rooney's assist. Proud

The only thing I hate is the fact that we were very very unlucky.

Despite the first goal, we deserved every goal. Leverkusen didn't create chances, scored their first goal after a deflected shot and the 2nd in the final minutes. Rooney and Robin van Persie missed with an open goal which isn't a good thing. But I want to forget those moments and we should be happy that we played well and we won 3 points.

And yes, Rio was the only one below the average football level shown by the team.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Rooney was incredible. Wow. In that form, he is a joy to watch.

I was really impressed with Fellaini. Won us the ball back countless times and has added some steel to our midfield. We looked solid in MF in the CL, something I haven't seen in years. I'm really excited about that. Also, notice how we kinda suffered once he was subbed?

Valencia came into his own as the game went on and looked like the Valencia of old. He was great in the 2nd half. He actually played with a purpose for once in a long time, going past players, releasing the ball quickly.....and actually looked like he knew what he was doing.

Our game was fluid and fast...Our 4th goal was a testament of that.

Great scoreline. We actually could have added another 2 goals if Rooney had decided to square the ball to RVP instead of rounding the keeper.....and how did RVP miss that sitter? Open goal. Damn!

Negatives- We conceded a sloppy goal 2nd goal. No communication between Rio and DDG which led to CK, then a poor attempt of a punch from DDG gifted them a goal. bleh....

Well done United. This performance from Rooney and United in general has raised my optimism and confidence ahead of next Sunday's derby.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:06 pm

RED wrote:Rooney was incredible. Wow. In that form, he is a joy to watch.

I was really impressed with Fellaini. Won us the ball back countless times and has added some steel to our midfield. We looked solid in MF in the CL, something I haven't seen in years. I'm really excited about that. Also, notice how we kinda suffered once he was subbed?

Valencia came into his own as the game went on and looked like the Valencia of old. He was great in the 2nd half. He actually played with a purpose for once in a long time, going past players, releasing the ball quickly.....and actually looked like he knew what he was doing.

Our game was fluid and fast...Our 4th goal was a testament of that.

Great scoreline. We actually could have added another 2 goals if Rooney had decided to square the ball to RVP instead of rounding the keeper.....and how did RVP miss that sitter? Open goal. Damn!

Negatives- We conceded a sloppy goal 2nd goal. No communication between Rio and DDG which led to CK, then a poor attempt of a punch from DDG gifted them a goal. bleh....

Well done United. This performance from Rooney and United in general has raised my optimism and confidence ahead of next Sunday's derby.
Perfectly said.

Proud

I told ya Rooney must be kept! Very Happy
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:10 pm

On his A game, he is priceless.

I don't mind being a hypocrite when it comes to Rooney.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm

The thing is that people were saying he is a jerk and a cun.t and I was trying to tell you at that time that we still need him, despite his attitude!

We had to be with Rooney not against him in the summer!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next