LeBéninois
Mr Nick09
Onyx
aleumdance
Dnmac4
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL Empty Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:13 pm

I have been saying for the better part of 2-3 years on here that Yaya is the best DM in the world and now IMO I think it's pretty obvious he's the best player in the EPL.

Under Mancini he was played too far back from goal for about 75% of the game until they needed some firepower/goals or until the last 10-15 minutes of the game.

So far under Pellegrini he has given him the freedom to go forward whenever he wants and he has been running the midfield and getting forward to the tune of 6 goals plus scoring in every competition so far.

Barcelona letting this guy go was such a mistake, I know a lot of Barca fans don't agree with me but I've always said I would take Yaya over Busquets every day of the week.

Kudos to City jumping all over Yaya the minute Barca put him on the market. What a steal he was for 30 mill.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL Empty Re: Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL

Post by aleumdance Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL No-3
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL Empty Re: Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Toure wouldn't be able to attack in Barca's system. He'd be playing as a pure DM and Busquets is better at that.

Also Toure was playing AM at times under Mancini.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:50 pm

great fcking jinx, lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Toure wouldn't be able to attack in Barca's system. He'd be playing as a pure DM and Busquets is better at that.

Also Toure was playing AM at times under Mancini.
Yeah unfortunately he had to leave Barca because of that.

Agree, he was mostly played as an AM under Mancini.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 pm

All I have to say is that Yaya Toure is a boss. Class player. Wish he could have been at Arsenal.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:12 pm

I have a warning to other GLers

the spirit of the GL jinx is strong, don't abuse it
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:35 pm

When will you ever get it that Toure is an awful defender lol?

Also best player in PL Laughing he's not even the best player in his position.

Ramsey >>>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When will you ever get it that Toure is an awful defender lol?

Also best player in PL :lol:he's not even the best player in his position.

Ramsey >>>>>
Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL Attachment
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:09 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:When will you ever get it that Toure is an awful defender lol?

Also best player in PL :lol:he's not even the best player in his position.

Ramsey >>>>>
Only on goal legacy where you have to deal with people saying Aaron Ramsey who has accomplished nothing in his professional career and has been at a very good level for about half a season now is a better player then Yaya Toure.

I remember when we had to listen to insane people tell us Jack Wilshire was better than Yaya Toure, I wonder where that crowd is now.

Also, what is it with the GL Jinx? Yaya played great today, this is not a Man City thread. I guess if you can only talk about a player when there team wins?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:29 am

Odd thread considering City have been lackluster in half the matches they've played, Toure included. Don't let his goals fool you, Yaya does not have permission to go forward as much and is playing deeper than in past seasons.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:51 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Odd thread considering City have been lackluster in half the matches they've played, Toure included. Don't let his goals fool you, Yaya does not have permission to go forward as much and is playing deeper than in past seasons.
Sorry but this is just false. Under Mancini he had the shackles on until they needed him to save there ass.

Under Pellegrini he is able to go forward as much as he sees fit.

I really don't know what your watching but you can say to ignore his goals, although that's the whole purpose of the game and he already in 7 games has more than half of the goals he scored in 42 games last year.

Not to mention his link-up play and set piece delivery/goals has been great. To say Yaya has been Lackluster this year is shocking and quite frankly uncalled for. I really don't know how one could come to that conclusion is they watched the games.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Odd thread considering City have been lackluster in half the matches they've played, Toure included. Don't let his goals fool you, Yaya does not have permission to go forward as much and is playing deeper than in past seasons.
City haven't been lackluster in terms of creating. We've just been severely unlucky conceding goals from rubbish individual errors in two away games now..
Yaya has been one of the bright spots this season...scoring 6 in 8 games.

Yaya is an absolute maestro. A two-footed, technical beast. A one of a kind player, and truly I don't know how we will ever replace him when his time comes.

And yes, he is placing further forward. Fernandinho is almost a lone DM because he is so fast, allowing Yaya to get in the forward positions that he thrives in.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:21 am

I think the criticism against you dnmac is coming because to say any one player is the best in the PL, which you are saying as you are using past and present tense, is a little OTT. On form he is one of the best and I agree he has been one of the best in the last 2-3 years.

I don't agree that he was a bargain. 30mil 3 years ago for an out of favour b2b midfielder is quite a lot - I'd say 30mil has proven to be worth it, but don't pretend man city get any bargains.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:04 am

Peccadillo wrote:I think the criticism against you dnmac is coming because to say any one player is the best in the PL, which you are saying as you are using past and present tense, is a little OTT. On form he is one of the best and I agree he has been one of the best in the last 2-3 years.

I don't agree that he was a bargain. 30mil 3 years ago for an out of favour b2b midfielder is quite a lot - I'd say 30mil has proven to be worth it, but don't pretend man city get any bargains.
Yaya cost just under £24m.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 am

Euros?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 am

30m euros; 24m pounds.

It was a fair deal and has definitely worked for City, he's helped them win titles.

With that said, he's been somewhat average this year. So not to sure why this thread was made now...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:29 am

something-red wrote:30m euros; 24m pounds.

It was a fair deal and has definitely worked for City, he's helped them win titles.

With that said, he's been somewhat average this year. So not to sure why this thread was made now...
€30m = £25.1m

Dont know why he'd mean 30 in euros, when he is apparently from Britain but ok, benefit of the doubt. Also, €30m is definitely a fair price regardless...even if it was accurate.

Touré has been average this year? Get outta here & you clearly don't watch City. He is our orchestrator, our maestro, everything goes through him.

6 goals in 8 games this season suggests otherwise.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 am

animal.crackers wrote:

€30m = £25.1m

Dont know why he'd mean 30 in euros, when he is apparently from Britain but ok, benefit of the doubt. Also, €30m is definitely a fair price regardless...even if it was accurate.

Touré has been average this year? Get outta here & you clearly don't watch City. He is our orchestrator, our maestro, everything goes through him.

OP said 30mil - I was simply reiterating that figure - incidentally, although you didn't know it, I did indeed assume it was 30mil pounds.. Silly me..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:27 am

Dnmac4 wrote:Sorry but this is just false.  Under Mancini he had the shackles on until they needed him to save there ass.

I'd be interested to see what heatmaps show because from what I've seen (mostly the earlier games) Yaya is playing deeper than in the past and is more constrained in charging forward.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:35 am

I've watched him a limited number of times this season so I'd have to see more to properly judge, but from what I've seen of him this season, he's not been overly impressive to me. He's been decent, but I've seen him play better and he's not been as good as his goals-game ratio might make him seem he has been (why is this being used to judge a midfielder, anyway?).

I have more to see, though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:19 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:Sorry but this is just false.  Under Mancini he had the shackles on until they needed him to save there ass.

I'd be interested to see what heatmaps show because from what I've seen (mostly the earlier games) Yaya is playing deeper than in the past and is more constrained in charging forward.
You would be correct if you were judging from the earlier games.

Pellegrini was trying to figure out the best balance for the team, and Yaya played deeper than Fernandinho.

Since Viktoria Plzen, Pellegrini has made Fernandinho the deeper of the pair as he is lightning quick, reads the game well, and is an interception machine.

Also, Yaya is not a true DM but a midfield orchestrator, and now since playing ahead of Dinho, he is bossing games and controlling the tempo of play as he normally does.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:21 am

animal.crackers wrote:

€30m = £25.1m

He's scored goals but he's not exactly done well. Your midfield is so easy to overrun this year... Yaya has to take blame for that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 am

Made Ki look like Iniesta.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:33 am

something-red wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:

€30m = £25.1m

He's scored goals but he's not exactly done well. Your midfield is so easy to overrun this year... Yaya has to take blame for that.
Not true. We've conceded 1 goal I believe from open play, the rest set pieces. Maybe you were right in the first two games of the season, but now that Pellegrini is using Fernandinho, the interception machine, as the midfield screen instead of Yaya (which was a mistake), we look much more solid and balanced.

We haven't really conceded any goals due to our team being more open. We've conceded two direct free-kicks, two corners, one blatantly offside goal and one from an awful mistake by our two centre-backs. The only goal that I think you could even remotely blame on Pellegrini's more aggressive system is the first against Cardiff, and that's still arguably more to do with the players not doing their jobs (going with a runner/preventing a cross coming in) than with any inherent deficiencies in our formation.

And I don't know why you think that about Yaya, you clearly are busy watching your own team and not City, as City fans pretty much unanimously agree that Yaya is in the form of his life.....and we never agree on anything!
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next