Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov)

+6
Eivindo
Milantildeath
nichabr
Dante
Forza
Kaladin
10 posters

Go down

Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov)

Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Vote_lcap17%Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Vote_lcap83%Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 6

Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Empty Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov)

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:25 am

Topic

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Empty Re: Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov)

Post by Forza Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:04 am

I answered this question in the poll: "Was it an effective and efficient transfer?" This question is really an insanity test. Yes = insane. Clinicians should adopt this test.

Matri probably will score a goal before Pazzo gets back, but that doesn't make it an effective and efficient transfer.

You should probably make the poll the same as the topic or vice-versa so that other people don't get confused.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) Empty Re: Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov)

Post by Dante Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:10 am

It has not been an effective signing, everybody agrees . But where this thread fails , is that even if we had kept Petagna and didn't sign Matri , he would still do exactly the same if not start any games by now. He can't even begin a game for Sampdoria , we weren't off the mark when we let him go on loan. Matri came in because of precaution and we at least gave ourselves better chances , though it doesn't work out well so far.

So , you see , i don't really see the point of this thread tbh.I would call it knee jerk if it had not been for El who has expressed his dissagreement from the first days. But please , judge carefully , had it not been for Matri who has failed to even meet the slightest of expectations(so far..) , it would still be the same case with Niang and especially Petagna.And even Niang was injured for the first few games as well.

I never liked Matri , but since he is a Milan player now , i will look to support him as much as i can. And that means i will give him the benefit of the doubt for an extended period of time , since there are many factors involved here.

And even though i always liked Pazzo a lot more than Matri and obviously i still do , we still don't know in what condition he will come back , or when he will reach optimal form for that matter. Obviously that matter little when Matri is floping even by his own standards , but since it wouldn't make any difference with or without him, i can't bother myself with Matri especially when i consider the reasoning behind his transfer. It was an emergency signing , not so sure why jimmies are rustled like that. Matri sucks lol , but believing Niang or Petagna would have done any better under this pressure and difficulties , i should better not bother to describe that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 am

not quite yet but I still believe in the guy and have hope he pulls things around...its hard to turn yourself around when everyone around you is in basically the same hole.

I think he can be a great player for us and you can see some of his ideas during games coming into fruition in your head but he just can't pull it off in reality.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:28 am

Dante wrote:It has not been an effective signing, everybody agrees . But where this thread fails , is that even if we had kept Petagna and didn't sign Matri , he would still do exactly the same if not start any games by now. He can't even begin a game for Sampdoria , we weren't off the mark when we let him go on loan. Matri came in because of precaution and we at least gave ourselves better chances , though it doesn't work out well so far.

So , you see , i don't really see the point of this thread tbh.I would call it knee jerk if it had not been for El who has expressed his dissagreement from the first days. But please , judge carefully , had it not been for Matri who has failed to even meet the slightest of expectations(so far..) , it would still be the same case with Niang and especially Petagna.And even Niang was injured for the first few games as well.

I never liked Matri , but since he is a Milan player now , i will look to support him as much as i can. And that means i will give him the benefit of the doubt for an extended period of time , since there are many factors involved here.

And even though i always liked Pazzo a lot more than Matri and obviously i still do , we still don't know in what condition he will come back , or when he will reach optimal form for that matter. Obviously that matter little when Matri is floping even by his own standards , but since it wouldn't make any difference with or without him, i can't bother myself with Matri especially when i consider the reasoning behind his transfer. It was an emergency signing , not so sure why jimmies are rustled like that. Matri sucks lol , but believing Niang or Petagna would have done any better under this pressure and difficulties , i should better not bother to describe that.
Say Matri doesn't score until Pazzo comes back, then the whole transfer would have been redundant. 12m for 0 goals, i'd rather start Petagna since his development would be a factor in all of this, or even have Niang fill in. Don't need stone footed 30 year old hitching on the team sheet doing absolutely shod all when we have young energetic players ready to prove their worth. My point being, is that we could've reinvested that money into areas that need strengthening
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

Forza wrote:I answered this question in the poll: "Was it an effective and efficient transfer?" This question is really an insanity test. Yes = insane. Clinicians should adopt this test.

Matri probably will score a goal before Pazzo gets back, but that doesn't make it an effective and efficient transfer.

You should probably make the poll the same as the topic or vice-versa so that other people don't get confused.
Done
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
Dante wrote:It has not been an effective signing, everybody agrees . But where this thread fails , is that even if we had kept Petagna and didn't sign Matri , he would still do exactly the same if not start any games by now. He can't even begin a game for Sampdoria , we weren't off the mark when we let him go on loan. Matri came in because of precaution and we at least gave ourselves better chances , though it doesn't work out well so far.

Say Matri doesn't score until Pazzo comes back, then the whole transfer would have been redundant. 12m for 0 goals, i'd rather start Petagna since his development would be a factor in all of this, or even have Niang fill in. Don't need stone footed 30 year old hitching on the team sheet doing absolutely shod all when we have young energetic players ready to prove their worth. My point being, is that we could've reinvested that money into areas that need strengthening
Even if he scores it won't change much either . It's not like 12 m for 1 goal will be that much better in the first place , lmao..Tbh i've thought of this as well and i agree. It was just Allegri thinking we should better have an experienced forward to cover up Balotelli and replace Pazzini if there's the need, because he thought Petagna couldn't do it.As about Petagna , sure it would be fun to watch him with the first team , but anyway that was the decision made. I agree that it failed as far as Pazzo's replacement goes , but i agree with the reasoning behind too . Unfortunately Matri has failed so far and so yes , we could have spend it better elsewhere and it was Allegri's mistake now in hindsight.

But the overall value of the transfer won't pay back in just 3 months. Matri can still prove to be usefull as long as he stays at Milan , so being so judgemental , there's no need imo . Even if he doesn't , it's just 2.something a season (don't pay attention to what some Juvi fans are saying , we haven't paid 12m just yet , it's more like a season long loan and we have only paid 2.7m for now) and we can still sell him if it is that bad at the end of the season , especially if he hasn't won the fans by then.. I am sure Cagliari would pay at least half of the overall price to get him back and we would be done with it if he continues to dissapoint...  

But once again , for the initial purpose behind his transfer , although it failed and we overpaid in theory for Matri , since it was an emergency signing i don't care that much. Not to mention which CB we could have gotten with 1 day left of the transfer window. Do you know any quality CB that was available on the last day , i don't tbh. We had our chance to sign Benatia and we let Roma get him. Benatia was even in San Siro last season and he held initial talks with Milan . We didn't want to pay and he couldn't afford to wait either.. So Roma step up , paid what they had to and signed him up.

When i was saying that without CL we wouldn't get anyone other than Poli nobody took notice i believe. We get CL , we had already signed Silvestre (only because Bonera got injured badly and that on loan)and Allegri had Saponara,Niang and especially Pazzini injured untill November. He then signs Matri , tell me , although i agree it has failed for it's initial purpose , is the reasoning or all the other factors involved that irrational for Allegri to go for Matri ? i don't think so. Anyway , sometimes i should just go with the flow , it's not like i am satisfied with Matri either. But i cannot help it and look at situations from all perspectives.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:02 am

Matri has reiterated to us how important Pazzini is to our squad. I'm really hoping once Pazzini is fit he gets the nod over Matri immediately. If not, Allegri is a complete idiot.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:39 pm

no.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:11 am

Lmaoo has he still not scored?! Watch him move to Inter next season too. Matri plus 5 mill for Milito :bow: Galliani
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) 37329810
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:45 am

M99 wrote:Will Matri score before Pazzini returns from injury? (mid-Nov) 37329810

Matri has scored 2 goals and got one assist in 40 minutes on his Fiorentina debut  Neutral 
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:05 am

good luck to Matri , but since he couldn't work with our team it shouldn't concern us (for the moment) what he's doing.

Truth be told i was willing to give Matri , not only the benefit of the doubt but time as well , i've even defended him earlier in the season when i thought it right. But he never won the fans and i was already suspecting back then this could be his make-or-break factor to stay at Milan.

Even though the decision was best for both Matri and Milan , we cannot exclude anything but be happy his loan went off well. Because , Pazzini is waaay off form and his rescent injury is concerning. If Pazzo cannot refind himself on the pitch , we could well look to Matri again at some point.

Obviously , whatever happens , if we learned one thing so far is that we don't need both. Let's see how both Pazzo and Matri continue , because i don't think "oh we got rid of Matri , cool" , no. Obviously , it's better that he left for all parties involved , but i hope we keep an eye on the whole situation , because idk about you but Pazzini's situation concerns me a lot , as a fan.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:49 pm

matri ugly situation is all allegri's fault. we didnt need him at all, when we had other worries. but when we had him, when allegri plays with the shitty midfields like muntari or poor players around him who cant assist matri cant score.

now he has got quality midfielders around him at fiorentina and its no surprise.

but for matri and both milan they have to find new solution under seedorf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:46 am

Matri was a short term solution, even though he was useless. He wasn't the first nor do i think he will be the last.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:15 pm

So now that Matri scored two goals on his debut, Galliani says we will bring him back. Really? The guy wreaks average. And that is not what we need. Stay away from Milan. I hope he continues to score a bunch of goals, so that Fiorentina activate their buy-out clause.

Maybe he needed a change. But now, he better not come back. We have enough strikers already. When will Galliani realize that there are parts to a team other then attack as well?  :facepalm:
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:31 am

Fiorentina's on-loan forward Alessandro Matri says he felt as though he was "in a tunnel" at AC Milan in the first half of the season.

The 29-year-old scored just once in 15 league appearances for Milan before making the switch to Florence for the rest of the season during the January transfer window.

Matri scored twice on his debut - a 3-0 win at Catania last month - and says he is enjoying his football again after finding "peace of mind" in a new environment.

"I was in a tunnel at Milan," he told Gazzetto dello Sport.

"I wanted to do more there, but I failed. I take all the responsibility for that.

"But I was doing it internally when I was there. [Vincenzo] Montella has given me the one thing that I needed - peace of mind.

"I suffered with a lack of confidence, but I came here and scored straight away which made me feel a lot better."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Galliani saying he want's to bring back Matri is a tactic to get his price back up.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down