McAgger
Juveman17
dmize
The Franchise
izzy
22 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:01 am

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:13 pm

only thing I will say is, WAT Shocked 
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Chris Paul is cooking that bacon and eggs everynight, avering 26.5 points, 13.3 assists and 3.3 steals. :bow:

Did Dwight save all his energy vs the Clippers to pound on the Lakers? i wouldnt want to think he got dominated by Blake and DeAndre
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Lin was getting raped so hard.

I never missed Beverly so much.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Clippers getting scored on a lot, Doc cant coach defense without Thibodeau? i thought he would make D the instrument of the clippers transformation
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah, no question Thibs was the architect of that defence.

But personale will always be a factor. Outside of Barnes, they dont have one really good defender in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Doesn't help that Griffin can't defend to save his life mind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 pm

true the personel matters a great deal, but oh well... my logic is that good defenses always go far but hey, the warriors made it pretty far :lol:and the warriors didnt have JJ Riddick Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lin was getting raped so hard.

I never missed Beverly so much.
Yeah because anyone in the NBA can guard Paul. Beverley would have fouled out in the 1st half.

Only way you can stop Paul is with help defense. It's nearly impossible to beat a great pick.

The loss was on Harden. Got raped by Redick all night and was a no show on offense.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:35 pm

The issue is not if you can gaurd Paul or not, the point is how much of a challange you give to him. Paul was dancing on Lin all night long, crossing him over, pulling it back and crossing him over again. It was a clinic.

Beverly is shown already he is a FAR superior defender to Lin, but more importantly, he gets up into guys and makes them uncomfortable.

Fouls? Who cares if he can possible help get Paul out of a comfort zone.

Stop protecting your boy, he is and will always be a back up point guard.

The Loss in not on Harden. He doesnt defend, everyone knows that. But the Clippers were and are a better team than the Rockets, blaming individuals is stupid. Even Lin who was getting raped, its not his fault.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Is Beverly hurt? No other reason why Jeremy Lin should be starting.

And the Clippers gave up a ton of points last night but you can already see improvements on their D from last year. Their rotations are much better. More than once last night they played Howard perfectly, who kicked it in the corner to Lin who then kicked it to Harden and they had a guy rotating to Lin and then another at Harden with another set to help if he drove.

Overall though Griffin is a weak defender and DeAndre Jordan isn't much better. Rockets had 62 points in the paint, with Howard only getting 13 of those.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 pm

dmize wrote:Is Beverly hurt? No other reason why Jeremy Lin should be starting.

And the Clippers gave up a ton of points last night but you can already see improvements on their D from last year. Their rotations are much better. More than once last night they played Howard perfectly, who kicked it in the corner to Lin who then kicked it to Harden and they had a guy rotating to Lin and then another at Harden with another set to help if he drove.

Overall though Griffin is a weak defender and DeAndre Jordan isn't much better. Rockets had 62 points in the paint, with Howard only getting 13 of those.
Yeah, he's out.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah Dmize he got injured ribs.... can't remember the severity of it though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:20 pm

He took part in pregame warm ups yesturday, wasnt ready to go though obviously. So he will be back soon.

Good thing, Lin and Brooks are terrible defensively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:07 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Blake-griffin-punked

Old but stumbled on it and LOL'ed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Blake-griffin-punked

Old but stumbled on it and LOL'ed.
This guy Laughing

It was even funnier watching him trying to work the post against the Lakers Laughing

That was just, special.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 pm

His foot work is so bad, he jumps off one foot when you need two, he jumps off his left foot even if he is shooting a left hand lay up, he jumps facing away from the basket forcing him to try and spin mid air....just some bizzare moves sometimes.

The thing is, he is actually really talented though, after Howard and Love, no other player in the NBA got more double doubles last year..plus he can pass too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 am

The Franchise wrote:His foot work is so bad, he jumps off one foot when you need two, he jumps off his left foot even if he is shooting a left hand lay up, he jumps facing away from the basket forcing him to try and spin mid air....just some bizzare moves sometimes.

The thing is, he is actually really talented though, after Howard and Love, no other player in the NBA got more double doubles last year..plus he can pass too.
I agree.

I see him more as a passing forward, simply because of his serious lack of offensive skills. He can grab the boards, but come play-off time, if he hasn't developed a serious inside game or a semi consistent J, I fear for him big time.
Everybody already knows DeAndre is just for show, the finger of blame will lie solely at his feet if what happened last year happens again.
Z-Bo just punked him. It wasn't pretty.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:07 am

The Franchise wrote:His foot work is so bad, he jumps off one foot when you need two, he jumps off his left foot even if he is shooting a left hand lay up, he jumps facing away from the basket forcing him to try and spin mid air....just some bizzare moves sometimes.

Your thinking of 2011/12 brah.....

Last year Lee, Howard and Vucevic were top 3.

Your point is right though he is really talented problem is he just doesn't seem really have the heart or in some cases the belief.... take Love for example he doesn't hold back at all if he wants the ball in the low post he's going to get it not really the case with Griffin and quite frankly compared to Love he's a bit of a pussy and sometimes shirks the physical contact.

Also of course as mentioned already defensively he's a bit shit.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 am

Ah, my bad, that sounds right. I know for sure Vucevic must of beat him out last year.

But yeah, he is one of this new age players who for some reason, seem to work on their physique but not their game.

Him, Howard, you could throw Lebron in their earlier in his career....year after year after year we ask for a post up game, a jump shot, better footwork...and we dont get it. I dont believe they dont work hard, but I dont get why there is no improvement.

Look at David Lee, thats a guy I admire.

Came into the league and could only dunk and rebound. After 2 seasons he devolped a consistent jumpshot from 16 feet or so, then he added some post moves the next couple years, then he became a better passer...the only thing he hasnt devolped is defensive skills, but thats not something you can really just work on if your Lee, he cant be taller, faster, stronger.

But yeah, I really admire Lee for that, he had added skills to his game every year.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 am

I can see why they don't i mean the rules allow them to not bother...

When i started watching again last year the biggest thing i noticed was how much softer the game had got. ( remind you of anything? Laughing )

Always remember MJ backing in ( wasn't the only one either) always getting checked, people screening and constant holding don't happen like that no more.

But yeah i agree on Lee its pretty much the reason i picked him.... Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah thats a good point. Not allowed to touch anyone anymore, dont need skills when you can just drive freely and get fouls for nothing.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 am

Lin is averaging 16/5 on 50/40/80 so far this season.

Lol at the hate. Beverley is *bleep* overrated. Great energy guy but Lin is clearly the better player. Beverley got raped by Reggie *bleep* Jackson in the playoffs. Confirmation bias at work against the Asian guy as always.

Last edited by Gil on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:50 am

Your using stats for 3-4 games of the season? Gil Bayless, your out of your depth. Go home lol

Bias against asians? Yet its common knowledge Yao is one of my favourite players all time.

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:53 am

Irving averaging 15 and 7 on 36%....Lin > Irving says Gil Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 am

Lopez is 11 and 3 and averaging 83% from the field in this quarter....

Keep it up pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next