Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 29 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Robben #10 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:25 pm

The match showed how critical a playmaker is to our attack. Robben was obviously trying (and failing) at playing that role through the first 20 minutes, then he swapped with Mandzukic and then Mueller about half-way through the first half.

We showed little penetration at all. The best chance was a half-chance from Robben on the left wing, the only significant bit of play from the left wing.

Robben could do do little on the left wing so he drifted inwards, and that meant Alaba had to maintain the width on the left wing.

Does it surprise any of you that almost all of Dortmund's attacks went through their right side, where Alaba was almost always dragged out of position?

It doesn't surprise me, because Ribéry makes Alaba better than he seems.

Our play improved tenfold when Goetze and then Thiago were introduced into the game, because they could keep our attacks fluid in the final third rather than just attacking in spurts.

Our first goal came from a beautiful individual effort from Goetze, and Robben's second goal was from a beautiful pass from Thiago.

Our best players were Lahm, Neuer, and Goetze. Neuer made crucial saves again, like he always does against Dortmund.

Robben, like Mueller, has shown yet again that he cannot be given the role of being the playmaker. It's simply not in his repertoire.

If anything, Goetze has showed that he can seamlessly come into a game and make it his own. He is a big-game player, and that is his best attribute.

We could not break through their make-shift defense in the first half. To be honest, the game shouldn't have been a contest. There were times when it looked like we were playing Lahm as a libero (if you were watching on Sky Germany, would would have seen it), and as if it was a 5-1-4, when Martinez for some reason was always pushing up.

We scored the last 2 when they pushed forward and tried to score, with Neuer playing very well, with some marvelous stops. Boateng made an amazing stop on Reus in the first half as well, that cannot be ignored either. It was an expected result, but not through the means I was expecting it.

I'd expect some people to think that we play this way every match, when in reality, we don't.

Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 29 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Robben10 pretty much owned everyone in the thread Molenation
Indeed Thumbs up

Great posts, Robben10.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ronaldo: "If you train right then you decrease the risk of injury"
1 game later he's injured. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Robben #10 wrote:I don’t even care if Ribéry wins the Ballon D’Or or not, he’s already won European Footballer of the Year which is an equal accomplishment. I’d rather see mostly reputed journalists in Europe voting for Ribéry instead of the *bleep* captain of Morocco and Lebanon or the media from Liberia. Even if Ribéry is a *bleep*, I’d be glad to see that he made it on the top 3, or even top 2.
captain of morocco = mehdi benatia, easily one of the best defenders in the game today . his opinion is as relevant as anyone in football .

watch some football outside of bayern .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:53 pm

His point flew right over your head though. Do you think the captains and coaches of 3rd world countries watch as much football as Europeans/Americans do? If I were to give a guess, I don't think so.

So they'll vote for the most popular player or most well known. Which is obviously between Ronaldo and Messi, players like Ribery are never thought of.

Of course that doesn't apply to everyone, but it could possibly apply to most of them.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robben #10 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:55 pm

farfan wrote:
Robben #10 wrote:I don’t even care if Ribéry wins the Ballon D’Or or not, he’s already won European Footballer of the Year which is an equal accomplishment. I’d rather see mostly reputed journalists in Europe voting for Ribéry instead of the *bleep* captain of Morocco and Lebanon or the media from Liberia. Even if Ribéry is a *bleep*, I’d be glad to see that he made it on the top 3, or even top 2.
captain of morocco = mehdi benatia, easily one of the best defenders in the game today . his opinion is as relevant as anyone in football .

How cute. You try to mock me by desperately trying to pick out a non-existent inaccuracy in my post. You might have wanted to check the captain of Morocco's votes over recent history before you told me to "watch some football outside of Bayern".

In 2012, the captain of Morocco voted Iker Casillas as the 2nd best footballer in the world and in 2011, the captain of Morocco voted Cesc Fàbregas as the 3rd best footballer in the world.
Robben #10
Robben #10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Why is Fabregas being voted as 3th best player in the world ridiculous but Ribery should be winning the whole award? Ribery isn't exactly a level above the most productive midfielder in the world. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Robben #10 wrote:
farfan wrote:

How cute. You try to mock me by desperately trying to pick out a non-existent inaccuracy in my post. You might have wanted to check the captain of Morocco's votes over recent history before you told me to "watch some football outside of Bayern".

In 2012, the captain of Morocco voted Iker Casillas as the 2nd best footballer in the world and in 2011, the captain of Morocco voted Cesc Fàbregas as the 3rd best footballer in the world.

the way your post was phrased seemed to imply that the opinions of third tier players from third tier countries + their media is irrelevant .

i don't agree with his picks but i don't see anything ridiculous about them either . i've seen worse top 3's from more reputed coaches, captains ,and european based journalists .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:08 pm

futbol wrote:Why is Fabregas being voted as 3th best player in the world ridiculous but Ribery should be winning the whole award? Ribery isn't exactly a level above the most productive midfielder in the world. Laughing
because cesc in 2012 was mostly in bench being useless.. xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Casciavit wrote:His point flew right over your head though. Do you think the captains and coaches of 3rd world countries watch as much football as Europeans/Americans do? If I were to give a guess, I don't think so.

So they'll vote for the most popular player or most well known. Which is obviously between Ronaldo and Messi, players like Ribery are never thought of.

Of course that doesn't apply to everyone, but it could possibly apply to most of them.
I don't see the logic here. Are you saying that Ribery is unknown or overlooked? As if he isn't one of the major players of a giant club and a fairly important European NT? And it's actual football professionals who would overlook this? Because, apparently, they lack access to media (live coverage, commentary, etc.)? And that Messi and CR7 are somehow so famous that they're like football-reputation black holes, and hog the limelight over the next 40-50 most famous and lauded footballers who might get some credit in Europe but otherwise are eagerly overlooked by these these third world denizens (despite them being, again football professionals)?

Not so sure. hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Casciavit wrote:His point flew right over your head though. Do you think the captains and coaches of 3rd world countries watch as much football as Europeans/Americans do? If I were to give a guess, I don't think so.

i got the point , but he chose the wrong countries as examples   . because i know for a fact that football coverage in north africa/ middle east is wider , cheaper ,and  more accessible than in any region in the world  ( thanks to qatari oil money of course ) .

i'm pretty sure the captain of lebanon watches enough football to make an intelligent pick , and the moroccan captain is european  born & based and plays in a top league ,  so questioning his credentials is silly to say the least.

again , i only had problem with the examples he used, not the underlying point.

you want concrete examples ?

bundesliga in the middle east/ north africa = free TV
bundesliga in the UK = subscription .

ligue 1 in the middle east  / north africa   = free until 2009 , subscription since
ligue 1 in the UK  = mostly unavailable until 2013 .

and don't even get me started on south american and japanese leagues etc...

Last edited by farfan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 pm

futbol wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ronaldo: "If you train right then you decrease the risk of injury"
don't know what you're talking about

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 29 SEllZ

Btw, this is the first time Cristiano doesn't play a full game this season :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm

The Curse of FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013?
- Messi injured
- Ribéry injured
- CRonaldo injured...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:05 pm

"When he doesn't play Bayern rarely misses a beat". Laughing

^Robben#10 trying to act like he's some German football expert.

Today's results= Bayern- 3, Dortmund- 0.

Boy, Bayern really look like they struggled without Ribery.

Today was the biggest margin of victory against Dortmund since 2009.

Conclusion: When Ribery doesn't play Bayern rarely misses a beat.

Cant wait for the excuse train to pull into the station.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:29 pm

futbol wrote:
Its nothing seriously, he'll be running like a cheetah the next match.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:29 am

Dnmac4 wrote:"When he doesn't play Bayern rarely misses a beat". Laughing

Here's an excuse this was Dortmund's backline:

Grosskreutz- Freidrich- Sokratis- Durm

Add in a missing Guendogan and there is your answer.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:11 am

I'd bet that people from 3rd world countries (at least the ones I've been to) watch more football than the countries you mentioned.

And there is nothing stopping the coaches +captains of 1st countries from picking the most popular player either. I mean, last year Portugal's coach and captain voted for Ronaldo. Casillas voted for Ronaldo, etc.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:40 am

ioilersrock448 wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:"When he doesn't play Bayern rarely misses a beat". Laughing

Here's an excuse this was Dortmund's backline:

Grosskreutz- Freidrich- Sokratis- Durm

Add in a missing Guendogan and there is your answer.
Not to mention that before the introduction of Götze and Thiago, you had problem creating any chances against that backline.

Seriously, the scoreline doesn't represent how the game actually went. Another example of how stat's can be misleading in football.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Dnmac just proved how much of Bayern he actually watches.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Dmad you are *bleep* clueless.

Dazall
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 pm

futbol wrote:
He's fine, go back to your hole lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Harmonica wrote:If Messi doesn't win it this year, it's shambles. He was far beyond anyone else.
rofl
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Never seen anyone promote himself as much as Ribery. seriously

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:35 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Never seen anyone promote himself as much as Ribery. seriously

Dat team play and unselfishness tho.

The lad is playing on perhaps the most stacked team since Cruijff's "Dream Team" yet it's all about him lol. Completely disregarding his teammates.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Gil wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Never seen anyone promote himself as much as Ribery. seriously

Dat team play and unselfishness tho.

The lad is playing on perhaps the most stacked team since Cruijff's "Dream Team" yet it's all about him lol. Completely disregarding his teammates.
you can say the same about Tristiano! Just look at the way he celebrate his goals.

The only reason Tristiano renewed his contract, when Perez assured for him that he'll use his good relationship with Blatter (the Madrid member) to help Tristiano win the Ballon d'or Laughing

First making a joke about Tristiano, people will feel bad for him and he'll get more votes. Then extend the voting period when Tristiano is in form Laughing

Perez-Tristiano-Blatter master plan to give Tristiano the Ballon d'or.
The funny part, Messi will win it again [although this time its going to be very close].
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:49 pm

^^^Obviously the only one who's "promoting" himself rofl

Messi the humble and respectful one Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next