Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin?

+20
Katy Perry
iftikhar
Nedved
Abramovich
Art Morte
LeBéninois
Rebelles.REUS.rex
El Chelsea Fuerte
Gil
fatman123
M99
Soul
Brazilian Magic
iNFINITY9910
huntsman
Motogp69
Uncanny
Kick
Blue Barrett
Shed
24 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin? - Page 2 Empty Re: Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin?

Post by Shed Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Torres scratched him in the face and was lucky not to get a straight red right then and there. You can't go on about 'poor Torres' when every red card he's gotten since joining has been completely his own doing.

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin? - Page 2 Empty Re: Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin?

Post by Uncanny Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Shed wrote:Torres scratched him in the face and was lucky not to get a straight red right then and there. You can't go on about 'poor Torres' when every red card he's gotten since joining has been completely his own doing.
I honestly would've reacted the same way if I was playing and someone just faked and dived in front of me and then had the nerve to get up and push me, I'd do something similiar.  I probably wouldn't have scratched him but I'd probably b*tchslap him.  Idk but that's me, people will react differnt ways when they are provoked, and verteghen had it out for Torres up until his red card.  The scratch is nothing like the aguero stomp on David luiz last season (remember that??), which the fa did nothing about.  A four game ban is ridiculous because given the situation surrounded play antics and provoking by the defender who did this in two straight matchs. I got a chance to watch a replay of the match and I was happy to see Torres playing his game, it was unfortunate for him at the end, I'm not saying 'poor Torres', but I am mad at the spurs defender for this because the FA is really crap and won't do anything to solve these type of issues.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Uncanny wrote:
Shed wrote:Torres scratched him in the face and was lucky not to get a straight red right then and there. You can't go on about 'poor Torres' when every red card he's gotten since joining has been completely his own doing.
I honestly would've reacted the same way if I was playing and someone just faked and dived in front of me and then had the nerve to get up and push me, I'd do something similiar. I probably wouldn't have scratched him but I'd probably b*tchslap him.  Idk but that's me, people will react differnt ways when they are provoked

Fine, but you would have made those choices yourself, and would deserve the consequences of them - just as Torres did and does. Hardly unfair that he's being punished for doing something he clearly did.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Shed wrote:
Uncanny wrote:
I honestly would've reacted the same way if I was playing and someone just faked and dived in front of me and then had the nerve to get up and push me, I'd do something similiar. I probably wouldn't have scratched him but I'd probably b*tchslap him.  Idk but that's me, people will react differnt ways when they are provoked
Fine, but you would have made those choices yourself, and would deserve the consequences of them - just as Torres did and does. Hardly unfair that he's being punished for doing something he clearly did.

Right there will be consequences but a four match ban for hardly a scratch is too much, and will the FA do anything about the spurs defender play acting? No they won't, I guess it's never really fair so i have to just move on. This reminds me of the 2006 World Cup final when Italy's player provoked something towards zidane who ended up head butting the guy and sent off, either way the Italy player was wrong on his part and provoking is an easy way to get a player sent off.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 pm

A scratch - anywhere, much less the face - is violent conduct, which always results in a reasonably sizable ban. Hardly an injustice.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Ehh I'm not arguing about the scratch, it deserves some kind of ban (I'd say 2-3 matches at most), but I'm arguing about verteghen's antics during the whole game which will go unnoticed by the FA, because they don't do anything about these things that affect the game more.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Chelsea's Fernando Torres to face no further punishment:
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres will not face retrospective action for scratching Jan Vertonghen's face during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Tottenham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24355751

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Shed wrote:Chelsea's Fernando Torres to face no further punishment:
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres will not face retrospective action for scratching Jan Vertonghen's face during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Tottenham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24355751

Yay Smile
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Fernando Torres out until after the international break with a knee injury suffered at Steaua Bucharest, says Mourinho:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8952144/chelseas-fernando-torres-out-of-spain-qualifiers-after-injuring-knee-in-bucharest

"The doctor is very confident it's not a big injury, like we had with Marco van Ginkel. It's something in his knee, his ligament, and we have to wait for the scan."

"He knows that he doesn't play against Norwich on Sunday. He knows that he cannot go to the national team."

"He knows he has 15 days until the next match he can play, which is against Cardiff. Let's see the scan. If the injury is an injury for 15 days, I think he'll be fine. That's okay."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Shame, Let's hope Eto'o can step it up.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 pm

TORRES INJURY UPDATE:
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3479070/title/torres-injury-update

Chelsea Football Club can confirm Fernando Torres suffered a medial collateral ligament injury to his left knee in the Champions League group game at Steaua Bucharest on Tuesday evening.

The 29-year-old is expected to be out for approximately three weeks.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:44 am

Shame, as much as I dislike Torres, I don't want to see any player injured.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin? - Page 2 Tumblr_mu7wvbiKxp1ruhh4yo1_1280

Now even Russell Brand is twitter trolling us over Don'tscorres...

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:58 am

It still pisses me off that Sturridge was allowed to leave to accommodate Torres. He's really grown into an amazing player but we already knew he would eventually.

Can't believe I got excited when we signed Torres on the deadline day :facepalm: 
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:20 am

Letting Studge leave was a beyond idiotic move at the time and is even more so now.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:24 am

I've never wanted Torres, even from day one I knew he'd be trouble.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:08 pm

'Overreaction' to blame for Chelsea woes,
says Torres:

Fernando Torres believes has not been treated fairly ever since he arrived at Chelsea for £50million
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2452226/Fernando-Torres-thinks-treated-unfairly-joined-Chelsea.html

"It's the feeling that I have had from the first day. There has been the situation going on with the club, the way the team are going and then my own way."

"There has been an overreaction about everything. Overreact when I did that miss or if I have a red card or I hit the crossbar instead of scoring a goal."

"They never talk about the good things. More or less from the beginning to this day, it's been the way I feel."

Oh my...

:facepalm:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 pm

its the way he feels. Face palming wont change anything.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Shed wrote:'Overreaction' to blame for Chelsea woes,
says Torres:

Fernando Torres believes has not been treated fairly ever since he arrived at Chelsea for £50million
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2452226/Fernando-Torres-thinks-treated-unfairly-joined-Chelsea.html

"It's the feeling that I have had from the first day. There has been the situation going on with the club, the way the team are going and then my own way."

"There has been an overreaction about everything. Overreact when I did that miss or if I have a red card or I hit the crossbar instead of scoring a goal."

"They never talk about the good things. More or less from the beginning to this day, it's been the way I feel."
Oh my...

huntsman wrote:its the way he feels. Face palming wont change anything.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:19 am

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres eyes improvement:
Fernando Torres admits he needs to score more goals this season
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8966905/chelsea-striker-fernando-torres-admits-he-needs-to-score-more-goals-this-season

"The people are looking at me thinking I should do much better and it's true. The reason you pay that money for someone is that he has shown in the past he is worth that."

"Now what you have to show is you can have the same value or even more value for things you have done at Chelsea."

"I know I have many things to do at this club to give the confidence back to the owner. The amount of goals I scored last season should be the minimum."

"I want to ask that of myself but I have enough time. I signed a five-and-a-half year contract and I'm sure the future can only be better."

My my, is it time for the latest biannual 'I need to do better' Torres speech already?! How time flies!

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:25 am

Where have I heard that before? Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Torres is back.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Dat sarcasm Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Proud
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:54 am

Like I said, he's still your best striker :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 am

Buying Torres away shirt right now.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next