Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin?

+20
Katy Perry
iftikhar
Nedved
Abramovich
Art Morte
LeBéninois
Rebelles.REUS.rex
El Chelsea Fuerte
Gil
fatman123
M99
Soul
Brazilian Magic
iNFINITY9910
huntsman
Motogp69
Uncanny
Kick
Blue Barrett
Shed
24 posters

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin? - Page 11 Empty Re: Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin?

Post by Katy Perry Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:14 pm

He's not the reason why we lost today, but I think it is safe to say that having him as the direct replacement of a precarious Eto'o or in some matches the starting striker might very well be the reason why we won't win the PL this year.
I mean how is it possible?
I understand it when we trusted him in the 11/12 season, I mean we splashed 50m on him 6 months earlier you can't just offload him like that.
It was understandable when we trusted him in the 12/13 season, it was his first season as our uncontested starting striker, we finallybought a lot of attacking players that we lacked in the past years so yea. But why this season too? In the meantime Sturridge and Lukaku are making the fortunes of their clubs and the reason why they're not with us at the present time is because we wanted to stick with Torres.. unbelievable Mad.

Sorry about the rant btw  Rolling Eyes

Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin? - Page 11 Empty Re: Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin?

Post by Uncanny Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:20 pm

jay07 wrote:He's not the reason why we lost today, but I think it is safe to say that having him as the direct replacement of a precarious Eto'o or in some matches the starting striker might very well be the reason why we won't win the PL this year.
I mean how is it possible?
I understand it when we trusted him in the 11/12 season, I mean we splashed 50m on him 6 months earlier you can't just offload him like that.
It was understandable when we trusted him in the 12/13 season, it was his first season as our uncontested starting striker, we finallybought a lot of attacking players that we lacked in the past years so yea. But why this season too? In the meantime Sturridge and Lukaku are making the fortunes of their clubs and the reason why they're not with us at the present time is because we wanted to stick with Torres.. unbelievable Mad.

Sorry about the rant btw  Rolling Eyes

Yea, I mean the sturridge thing was very questionable. They sold him and brought Ba. Idk I guess the hierarchy was looking for experience first over anything else...
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Not a rant at all. A perfectly sound, and highly poignant, analysis of this absolute shambles concerning him and our striker situation as a whole the hierarchy has put this club in. We've done remarkably well to get to where we are in the league with a situation like this, but it has, just as it was always always going to right from the start, cost us in the end.

Must, MUST, be fixed this summer or expect dejavu next season.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:16 am

Inter Milan confirm interest in Fernando Torres:
Inter Milan general director Marco Fassone has confirmed that Fernando Torres is one of
the players the club is interested for in this summer

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9265571/transfer-news-chelsea-striker-fernando-torres-still-on-inter-milans-radar

cheers Chaka banana

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 am

What's his wage at Chelsea!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:06 am

175k a week.

Honestly, it sounds like we may be able to ship him to Inter Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 am

Don't get your hopes up, however if it does happen I will buy a #9 Torres Inter shirt to do my little bit to help Inter justify getting him Proud.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:29 am

We all should Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:17 am

Kick wrote:175k a week.

Honestly, it sounds like we may be able to ship him to Inter Thumbs up
is that GBP  Shocked
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:05 am

Yes :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am

Torres is a smooth criminal... We been hit by, we been hit by a smooth criminal... Lol but I still love torres
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:50 am

Holy Shit. Then your only hope is some Russian, Chinese or Arab clubs. No way Inter can afford that kind of wage. And if they are stupid enough to take a gamble, well, god bless them.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 pm

I think we'll have to pay other clubs or Torres himself to get rid of him. Or paying 50% of his wages while on loan, but that's unlikely. No idea which club will want to have him tho, I don't think Inter or Atletico Madrid are fool enough to have him as their starting striker for the next season and I don't think Torres will want to go to a midtable club (probably his current level)
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:05 am

I can see us trying to force him out and him taking a pay cut tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 am

Premier League Goals 2013/14:
-

Martin Skrtel – 7
Charlie Adam – 6
Seamus Coleman – 6
Steve Sidwell – 6
Chamakh – 5
Torres – 4
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed May 28, 2014 11:27 pm

'I miss the player I once was,' says Fernando Torres:
Fernando Torres says he has had to come to terms with being a bit-part player in recent years, and says he doesn't believe Chelsea's style fits him
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-striker-fernando-torres-i-3618495
-

"Today, I am a different player but I am not going to lie to you: the player that I was, the one who started all the matches with a guaranteed place, I really miss sometimes. At one point, I even sat myself down to watch videos of my goals: I wanted to understand what I was doing before when I was scoring."

"I concluded that the only thing that had changed was the colour of the shirt. Everything is a question of adaptation to the playing style of a team. There are the styles which suit me well and others less - that is all."
"I understood nothing of what had happened. I started to get to know the bench. I reassured myself by saying things would soon change. Villas-Boas arrived, then Di Matteo but it was always the same: one day I played, the next not."

"When you play, you do not ask yourself how it feels to be on the bench. You have to live it to understand how difficult it is to be there without being there."

"To enter a match knowing you do not have the confidence of the coach. To play when you simply don’t have the habit of playing. Me, I felt bizarre, I had the feeling of getting tired quicker, of being heavier. I had no gas. You have to fight against a lot of things to get off the bench, sometimes even against yourself."
-

Can we just get rid of this walking talking disgrace already? 5 different managers and it's the style that's the problem? His victim complex is awe-inspiring.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu May 29, 2014 12:06 am

Jesus Christ. Just get rid of him already
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat May 31, 2014 5:31 am

World Class? Fernando Torres' Liverpool purple patch aside, his career has been bang average:
After the Chelsea striker admitted he pines for the days when he rifled in the goals at Anfield, David Anderson asks if the Spaniard ever deserved to be called world class
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/world-class-fernando-torres-liverpool-3620554

Have been of this opinion for awhile. Apart from that brief patch, he's been nothing more than above average. That season or two at Liverpool were the exception, not the rule.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 am

At that time few could match how lethal he was, plus he was a very lovable figure that brings up his status. I mean look at micheal Owen, he won world player, peaked at a time that stunned everyone and slowed down.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sat May 31, 2014 12:55 pm

How did this guy make the Spain WC squad hmm 
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:43 am

Mother of god....

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:04 am

"I concluded that the only thing that had changed was the colour of the shirt."

Right  rofl 
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:43 am

Shed wrote:

Mother of god....

Damn
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:49 am

Not even a Torres fanboy like you can defend that, eh Uncanny? Wink
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:55 am

rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Torres turns down Inter move to prove Chelsea worth:
Fernando Torres has rejected the chance to join Inter Milan to prove himself at Chelsea
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/311927.html

Torres – Boyhood club return or boyhood club ruin? - Page 11 Pvqfn

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next