Soul
fatman123
Uncanny
Kick
Shed
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Empty Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion

Post by Shed Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 am

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvusce1cNh1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea will host West Bromwich Albion at Stamford Bridge for Premier League Matchday 11 on Saturday, November 9th.

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion 819691837

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion 819692038

The two sides were at either end of 2-0 scorelines the weekend previous in the Matchday 10 fixtures. Chelsea fell to their first defeat in 9 games and after a run of 6 wins on the spin as they crashed to a 0-2 defeat to Newcastle United at St. James' Park, while West Brom triumphed 2-0 over League strugglers Crystal Palace at the Hawthorns to claim their first victory since their shock 2-1 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford over a month ago.

-

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion 8520649797_8929ae183a_o

The corresponding fixture between the two sides last year was a relatively tight affair, settled by a solitary goal scored just under a half an hour in by Demba Ba to hand the Blues a valuable 3 points in their quest for a Top 4 finish.

-

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvqycvCU5I1ruhh4yo1_1280

West Brom boss Steve Clarke, of course, is a veritable Chelsea legend, having played for the club for the bulk of his career. Spending 11 years at the West London outfit, Clarke won 3 major trophies in the '97 FA Cup, the '98 League Cup and the '98 Cup Winners' Cup, and made 421 appearances in total, placing him 8th in the club's all-time appearance chart, sandwiched in between Blues hero Kerry Dixon, whom he finished his Chelsea career with just 1 appearance more than, and Petr Cech, who is now a few dozen ahead of the Scot and surely many more to come.

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvr0b7HQgJ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Clarke is also, of course, José Mourinho's former assistant at Chelsea during the Portuguese's first spell at the club. Together the pair oversaw a glory-laden period resulting in 2 League titles, 2 League Cups, and an FA Cup. This will be the first time apprentice faces mentor, and the Scot will doubtless be relishing the opportunity to use everything he's acquired against one of the main men he learned it from.

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvqz008ceH1ruhh4yo1_500

Lee Probert has been assigned as referee for this match.

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvuu4ayvim1ruhh4yo1_1280

-

Injured for Chelsea is Fernando Torres, after the Spaniard limped out of training early in the week ahead of Chelsea's Champions League clash with Schalke, while Victor Anichebe and former-Blue Nicolas Anelka are among those doubtful for the Baggies.

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvury4KnoF1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 15:00 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion

Post by Kick Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 am

Let's go out there and get a win!

I imagine we'll see:

Cech
Ivanoivc Cahill Terry Cole
Ramires Lampard
Willian Oscar Schurrle
Eto'o

We're still in second so it's not the end of the world but we need to close the gap and Arsenal do not have an easy schedule so let's take advantage of that.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion

Post by Shed Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:56 am

No Hazard again? Suspect

Highly unlikely. Especially as José has said tonight he'll be back with the team at the weekend.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 am

Well then dropp Willian for Hazard.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 am

And Mata? Clubber
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:00 am

I don't think Mata will start, He'll probably be subbed on.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 am

Probably No
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:05 am

I forgot Anelka is back in the PL :p
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:07 am

I haven't even heard anything about him!

He is hardly the player he once was anyway.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:10 am

First he took a break for the death of his agent then he was "ill", so no surprise he hasn't been terribly heard of as yet. Not to mention the point Kick brought up - he's just not that good anymore.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:49 am

Working with Jose Mourinho at Chelsea opened my eyes, says Steve Clarke:
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/working-with-jose-mourinho-at-chelsea-opened-my-eyes--steve-clarke-8921997.html
-

"Certainly Mourinho was one of my mentors. It was good for me at that time in my career. He gave me good ideas, showed me a different way to work."

"A way of working which was more global. You could do everything on the pitch within the training session: the tactical, technical, physical, psychological. More contact, more possession, more technical exercises with the ball. There was less separate running, more strategic running."

Nice article that's worth reading beyond the quotes I posted.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Hopefuly we can contain the force of nature that is Shane Long
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 am

fatman123 wrote:Hopefuly we can contain the force of nature that is Shane Long
Isn't his name Sean Lang?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Scott Sinclair doubtful for West Brom trip to his former club Chelsea:
The winger could be joined on the sidelines by fellow ex-Chelsea man Nicolas Anelka for Stamford Bridge clash
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-brom-team-news-scott-2689458

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho an admirer of Clarke's focus:
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes the extra work Steve Clarke took on as his assistant provided him with the perfect preparation for life as a manager
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9015318/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-an-admirer-of-clarkes-focus

"We have stayed in touch but have not been speaking about our jobs directly."

"He had a good experience with me but he had a good experience during his playing career. He was always very focused and very organised."
"In other cases for sure he was more than an assistant coach, he was in control of training sessions and match preparation so he had very good experience and when he became a manager for the first time he was very well prepared."
"I knew he would do very well and I'm so happy with that. He knows that every match he plays I am with him and wishing that he wins, but tomorrow is obviously not the case."

"I'm of course very happy to meet him, before and after the match it will not be the same thing to play against Steve than against any other manager."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 pm

West Brom boss Steve Clarke hails former mentor Jose Mourinho...and reveals the Chelsea gaffer called him asking if he needed tickets to Saturday's clash for his family:
West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke has expressed gratitude to former mentor Jose Mourinho ahead of their Premier League meeting on Saturday
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9014526/premier-league-west-brom-boss-steve-clarke-admits-jose-mourinho-changed-him

"I learned more with him than with all the other coaches put together who I'd worked with."
"Fortunately, I developed a good relationship with him. We still talk, not every day, but regularly, be it about certain games, certain players or our families."

"That's why I say to Jose that he should continue his good work and I thank him for the help he's given me."
"Jose sent me a text this week asking if I needed any tickets for the game, which was nice of him."
"I haven't seen him for well over five years. So it will be nice to catch up with him face to face rather than just little text messages."
"I said before that Chelsea is a big part of my career. I was there for a long time as a player and as a coach. But I have to be selfish and this weekend is about West Bromwich Albion for me."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mvyfavr2KE1ruhh4yo1_500
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:54 am

Jose :bow:

I honestly think there is no excuse for not getting the three points tonight.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 am

2am kickoff :facepalm: ill try be up for it but no promises

also watch yourself when you talk about my man Kick Clubber
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion Tumblr_mw019vCTOb1ruhh4yo1_1280

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:06 pm

WEST BROM XI: Myhill; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu; Amalfitano, Sessegnon, Brunt; Long
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:08 pm

CHELSEA XI: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT, Azpi; Ramires, Lampard; Hazard, Oscar, Willian; Eto'o

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cole, Luiz, Mikel, Mata, De Bruyne, Ba
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 pm

So Cole dropped in place of Azpi. For the second match in a row, at that. Interesting.

Penny for Bertrand's thoughts...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Yeah I noticed too.

Mata is left on the bench, AGAIN. Lampard & Ramires starts, AGAIN.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Mulumbu rendered impotent by a Lampard free-kick...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next