Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea

+3
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
Shed
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea

Post by fatman123 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 pm

If we can hang on for a 0-0 (:facepalm:) and the other group game is 0-0 then its not the end of the world for us

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 pm

My god Ramires....:facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm

fatman123 wrote:If we can hang on for a 0-0 (:facepalm:) and the other group game is 0-0 then its not the end of the world for us

Indeed. Though playing this boringly and negatively against a side like Basel is not encouraging.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 pm

ffs Ramires
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 pm

De Bruyne on over Mata. Anyone who thinks this ostracisation is tactical is truly blinkered.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Basel score :facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 pm

f*ck that
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Other match ends in a draw.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Referee blows the whistle to at last put an end to this snoozefest. Awful performance on the back of staggeringly negative tactics which produced not a single shot in 92 minutes. Woeful.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Got done home and away by Basel.

rofl

Last edited by El Chelsea Fuerte on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

As long as we win on the last match day we'll finish first in the group, which shouldnt be an issue v Steaua at home, still a win here and first place would've been wrapped up already
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:39 pm

fatman123 wrote:As long as we win on the last match day we'll finish first in the group, which shouldnt be an issue v Steaua at home, still a win here and first place would've been wrapped up already
We could even draw as long as those Germans win. Laughing

Group in the bag. :coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea - Page 3 Tumblr_mww4m1LbSx1ruhh4yo1_1280

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Shed wrote:Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea - Page 3 Tumblr_mww4m1LbSx1ruhh4yo1_1280

Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Willian, Shurrle, De Bruyne...How do you play all of them?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:03 pm

That's not the point. It's that his tactics are limiting their efficacy, whoever plays.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Mourinho blames loss on team being tired. Who was the one who fielded the exact same side bar 1 that played 3 days ago against West Ham again?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:12 pm

How did we end up with 0 shots, thank god I didn't watch the game
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:07 am

Shed wrote:That's not the point. It's that his tactics are limiting their efficacy, whoever plays.
Oscar and Hazard are effective under the system, although they do not perform at the consistency needed. That is because they are not at their peaks yet, otherwise it's not Mourinho's fault that they sometimes do not penetrate enough. Willian is also an effective player under the system because of his pace and dribbling skills. Thus, I do not agree that his tactics are limiting the AM's. He could hypothetically prioritize attack over defense but I do not feel that would make the players more effective because players like Oscar and Willian are naturally hard working. Of course, the only player who it seems may not be effective under the system is Mata, and thus he does not play.

Shed wrote:Mourinho blames loss on team being tired. Who was the one who fielded the exact same side bar 1 that played 3 days ago against West Ham again?
He admits that perhaps he should have made changes, but also says that it was hard to justify dropping players who played so well 3 days ago. When he asked the players personally how they were feeling for the match, each individual player said he felt fit. Had he dropped too many players and still lost, people would have said we lost because of rotation. It works both ways.

Last edited by El Chelsea Fuerte on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:07 am

Uncanny wrote:How did we end up with 0 shots, thank god I didn't watch the game
That's a bad attitude to have! You should still watch the replay. You learn most about the team in defeats.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Shed wrote:Mourinho blames loss on team being tired. Who was the one who fielded the exact same side bar 1 that played 3 days ago against West Ham again?
He admits that perhaps he should have made changes, but also says that it was hard to justify dropping players who played so well 3 days ago. When he asked the players personally how they were feeling for the match, each individual player said he felt fit. Had he dropped too many players and still lost, people would have said we lost because of rotation. It works both ways.

Except for that pesky thing about him being the manager and all. It's his job to make those calls and when he get's them wrong he's held responsible for it.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:30 am

Shed wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Except for that pesky thing about him being the manager and all. It's his job to make those calls and when he get's them wrong he's held responsible for it.

And I'm sure he feels the weight of the responsibility.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Dismal game, ( I know I am a day late, sue me) Why did we play the 4-3-3 with Oscar? We lack too much width to break down Basel, against teams which part the bus it is fine as Ivanovic can get forward but we should have played 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with Schurrle Hazard/Willian on the wings. I don't know what Mou was thinking tbh. Oh well, we're through. Also annoying that Ivanovic was caught napping otherwise it would have been a draw.

Lastly, 0 shots, we need a new CF. Latest rumours suggest Jackson Martinez, not sure I want him really.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:05 am

Kick wrote:Dismal game, ( I know I am a day late, sue me) Why did we play the 4-3-3 with Oscar? We lack too much width to break down Basel, against teams which part the bus it is fine as Ivanovic can get forward but we should have played 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with Schurrle Hazard/Willian on the wings. I don't know what Mou was thinking tbh. Oh well, we're through. Also annoying that Ivanovic was caught napping otherwise it would have been a draw.

Lastly, 0 shots, we need a new CF. Latest rumours suggest Jackson Martinez, not sure I want him really.

It could also have been 2 or 3 nil before HT if they'd taken their chances.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:06 am

But it wasn't. What I am saying is we did so well up until that point. Annoying we didn't take it all the way.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:11 am

Kick wrote:Dismal game, ( I know I am a day late, sue me) Why did we play the 4-3-3 with Oscar? We lack too much width to break down Basel, against teams which part the bus it is fine as Ivanovic can get forward but we should have played 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with Schurrle Hazard/Willian on the wings. I don't know what Mou was thinking tbh. Oh well, we're through. Also annoying that Ivanovic was caught napping otherwise it would have been a draw.

We played a 4-2-3-1 with Oscar behind the striker. Also signing a CF is not the answer. We lost because of unworthy performances from Lampard, Oscar & Ramires. Eto'o was trying to do something.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:38 am

Ramires was playing in a 4-3-3, Oscar was playing more of a free Right SS role. Ramires was way too deep for a 4-2-3-1.

We also need a CM, which is why I have been harping on about Cabaye but I didn't feel the need to once again point out the obvious.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next