Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea

+3
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
Shed
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:38 am

Ramires was playing in a 4-3-3, Oscar was playing more of a free Right SS role. Ramires was way too deep for a 4-2-3-1.

We also need a CM, which is why I have been harping on about Cabaye but I didn't feel the need to once again point out the obvious.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League · Group Match #5 - FC Basel vs Chelsea

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 am

I posted an image from Chelsea's Twitter on Page 2 of this thread showing it was a 4-2-3-1. Although with the midfield non-existent you really couldn't tell if half the midfield was on the pitch.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:59 am

Managers change their mind, just because the team sheet says that formation, doesn't mean they're going to play it. Sometimes it's to play mind games with the other team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:12 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Shed wrote:That's not the point. It's that his tactics are limiting their efficacy, whoever plays.
Oscar and Hazard are effective under the system, although they do not perform at the consistency needed. That is because they are not at their peaks yet, otherwise it's not Mourinho's fault that they sometimes do not penetrate enough. Willian is also an effective player under the system because of his pace and dribbling skills. Thus, I do not agree that his tactics are limiting the AM's. He could hypothetically prioritize attack over defense but I do not feel that would make the players more effective because players like Oscar and Willian are naturally hard working. Of course, the only player who it seems may not be effective under the system is Mata, and thus he does not play.

Shed wrote:Mourinho blames loss on team being tired. Who was the one who fielded the exact same side bar 1 that played 3 days ago against West Ham again?
He admits that perhaps he should have made changes, but also says that it was hard to justify dropping players who played so well 3 days ago. When he asked the players personally how they were feeling for the match, each individual player said he felt fit. Had he dropped too many players and still lost, people would have said we lost because of rotation. It works both ways.
Don't believe in what Mou says.  It doesn't take 90 mins to know that players are tired. He was simply playing for a draw and trying to stick to a regular 11 , which he thinks he found after a prior win. He took a gamble and it back fired.
This is the aspect I don't like @ jose. He did this quite often @Madrid e.g. by playing Di Maria when there were back to back matches, even though he knew he was tired. He can be a stubborn prick at times. He could have used fresh legs so he gives that as a reason, but the real reason is he didn't want to..
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Nedved wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Shed wrote:That's not the point. It's that his tactics are limiting their efficacy, whoever plays.
Oscar and Hazard are effective under the system, although they do not perform at the consistency needed. That is because they are not at their peaks yet, otherwise it's not Mourinho's fault that they sometimes do not penetrate enough. Willian is also an effective player under the system because of his pace and dribbling skills. Thus, I do not agree that his tactics are limiting the AM's. He could hypothetically prioritize attack over defense but I do not feel that would make the players more effective because players like Oscar and Willian are naturally hard working. Of course, the only player who it seems may not be effective under the system is Mata, and thus he does not play.

Shed wrote:Mourinho blames loss on team being tired. Who was the one who fielded the exact same side bar 1 that played 3 days ago against West Ham again?
He admits that perhaps he should have made changes, but also says that it was hard to justify dropping players who played so well 3 days ago. When he asked the players personally how they were feeling for the match, each individual player said he felt fit. Had he dropped too many players and still lost, people would have said we lost because of rotation. It works both ways.
Don't believe in what Mou says.  It doesn't take 90 mins to know that players are tired. He was simply playing for a draw and trying to stick to a regular 11 , which he thinks he found after a prior win. He took a gamble and it back fired.
This is the aspect I don't like @ jose. He did this quite often @Madrid e.g. by playing Di Maria when there were back to back matches, even though he knew he was tired. He can be a stubborn prick at times. He could have used fresh legs so he gives that as a reason, but the real reason is he didn't want to..
I agree with the playing for the draw sentiment.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum