arabprince
dostoevsky
Kaladin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Fires of Heaven Empty The Fires of Heaven

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Galliani: "I will resign after the match against Ajax. A generational change is fine but not like this. It should have been more elegant."

Galliani: "I'm leaving Milan for the right cause. I will resign with or without an agreement regarding my severance package."

Galliani: "When you've been insulted then you need to have the strength and intelligence to let some time pass before you make a decision."

His last signing

The Fires of Heaven BaPWG9KCEAAePqA

Van Basten

The Fires of Heaven BaPSRF0CEAAvVic

Niedholm

The Fires of Heaven BaPQ0BTCEAAUnxU

The Fires of Heaven BaPWI-8CAAEodtc
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Fires of Heaven Empty Re: The Fires of Heaven

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 pm

That first quote is what bugs me because i can't help but think about Ambro's goodbye, it seems a recurring thing for people leaving the club lately
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Agreed, though it must be said that circumstantial evidence seems to promote the idea that Galliani may himself be responsible for a certain coldness towards Maldini that was ill befitting his exit and subsequent treatment by the club.

This being said, I would have hoped for a far nicer exit for Fester. I have certainly had my issues with Galliani which are well documented, however now is the time to thank him for the positive work he has done and look to the future for a replacement who can bring a new vision to Milan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Galliani is a legend, no denying that. But he cannot possibly feel fans are in the wrong for blaming him for the current state of the club, just because he brought the club to where it is now. all his past glory has been well documented and appreciated. But you cannot get complacent and then blame us for wanting your head. His age shows by his comments. He is too old for this club and is too hung up on the past. It seems like he will be the last member of our retirement home...

On the positive side, you do feel that it was Galliani that pushed away our legends like Maldini, as mentioned by dos. With Barbara at the helm, we are going to become a new dortmund. Youth fueled, but with a wealth of experience. If we bring back Maldini and Seedorf. I think next season will be a whole new Milan, we won't even be recognizable.

Forza Milan
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Personally I am still of the opinion that talk is cheap and that this can not yet to be taken to represent a commitment to a youth project of integrity, nor do I necessarily feel that nostalgic decisions such as the arrival of Seedorf as a first year coach who remains a friend of the majority of the squad will help to bring this club forward.

This can however be a first step, a foundation from which to build. Galliani leaving, be it the right decision or not, though it is one I support, changes little if it is not accompanied by clear and decisive action across the upper levels of management. Galliani certainly contributed to certain of the current woes, however he has equally been a steadying hand who has certainly not left the squad bereft of quality. This decision must be used to bring into focus what else must change and the invoke the acceptance of responsibility by other individuals culpable in undermining our efforts to renew and improve the team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:35 pm

lol it is so strange

I'm not used to see a Milan without Galliani. it was all so sudden
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:54 pm

It's obvious to me that Galliani is irreplaceable.

A while ago an Iranian member of FIFA Referees' Committee said on local TV here: "The age of 'exciting' referees is over. The likes of PierLuigi Collina, Markus Merk, Roberto Rosetti, Lubos Michel, Urs Meier and Sandor Pohl are gone, and these were universally recognized, popular referees who added a different layer of class to the matches they whistled in. Now we are left with good referees like Busaca, Elizondo and Poll. But these aren't exactly 'faces'. They are just part of the officials team."

My point? Galliani belonged to the top of the heap. He is the most well-known Football general manager in Europe even above Perez and Rosell. His style of negotiating, which was putting his peers on the other side of the table right between a rock and a hard thing, will stay distinctive forever.

I can never forget that he brought Ibrahimovic, the most complete striker of the last 20 years, to Milan on a free loan! I repeat: FREE LOAN! And then what, followed by three 8m installments. A player bought for Eto'o+40m, was signed for free less only a year later. This was not your ordinary football Summer deal. This was no display of great skill. This was a jaw-dropping, Sci-Fi masterpiece.

I hope Galliani is sent off in style, at least. Milan has been and will forever be Milan, bigger than all the players and managers who've been here, but he will be missed.

And as El Shaarawy so meticulously observed, this is becoming a habit with us. The club who's been famous for pampering its members to the excess, is now kicking them out. I couldn't care less about the way we banished Sokratis, or Riccardo Oliveira, but Ambrosini, Pirlo and Galliani were loyal servants of this club. They deserved far, far more.

Anyway. Well done Adri G. As long as you were here, you were THE best, really. And you were a Milanista. What more could fans want than seeing one of themselves manage their club? None, I suspect.

Respect.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:20 pm

I am going to miss Fester . Indirectly and up to an extent , Galliani has been a good reason i am a Milan fan today , he played his part with what he has done and what he has been for Milan since i watched my first game. For that i will be eternaly gratefull to him . Wish i could thank him in person.

He deserved better than that in the end and i honestly hope he will get better from the fans at least. We owe that much to him , whether we agree with his departure and regardless of his mistakes, he deserves respect and recognition for all he gave to Milan.

I wish him the best in whatever he does from now on and i have affection for Galliani regardless of stuff i've said about him in recent years , which i doubt they supercede the positives and the praise i've given him. His replacement(s) who will be guiding Milan off the pitch have the world to prove and great shoes to fill in. Galliani leaving is a huge loss for Milan , despite his mistakes and all.

Let's hope at least that his resignation was for the best of Milan . We could do with new people within our ranks and especially a certain Paolo Maldini amongst others , but that doesn't mean i am happy Galliani left.

I will also severly miss his trolling and his subtle comments and all Proud Grazie Uncle Fester Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Berlusconi played a massive part in the decision-making in recent years because he put such stringent limits. To me, Galliani did the best he could with basically no means. To add Montolivo, Mexes and Balotelli with very little cash is pretty amazing.

Now did he make mistakes? Sure. But he did a lot more to keep Milan relevant than anyone could have hoped.

Don't know what you had until it's lost imo. It's not like Berlusconi's situation is improving...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:56 pm

In general lines i agree Sports. Myself at least i don't regard this as good news , and i am certainly not happy about his departure. He has had big obstacles to overcome in recent years and certainly , from that point of view , he did what was humanly possible. He even bring in some really great players and managed some almost impossible deals some times.

That's not to say he didn't mistakes because he did , i am sure himself knows that. I just hope we bring in a good replacement at least and for Lady B to have lead us here , to Galliani resigning.. i really hope her plans work out for the best , because we cannot trully find another Galliani . I hope Milan works more collectively now , for Galliani's departure to not have been for nothing.

As for Berlusconi , what's there left to say? All i can hope is to at least do what he was always good at and that's bringing in the right people to work for Milan. Because expecting financial help from Berlusconi , those days are well over.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 pm

I think Balotelli has been paid for at the right price ... he he can not be worth more than 20 , yes he's young but he is also discontinuous and mad boy.. and infact on January except AC Milan there was no club interested in him.
Mexes 0 but for this reason he  earns per year 4 (who are 8 gross .. it was similar for Flamini ) , I am not sure it has been a good deal.
I agree on the rest.
Anyway it's curious to think that two symbols two symbols of Milanese football ( Moratti , Galliani) are gone away at the same time
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:38 pm

NOBODY IS ARRVING, OUR MERCATO IS CLOSED.

Ibra, robinho, my grandmothers underwear, and a gallon of canadian maple syrup show up at Milan LOL

im gonna miss those quotes. #GrazieDiTutto Galliani!
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Horrible news for milan. Imo galliani has worked miracles in building a team on a shoestring; the last time milan spend huge on a player(not balanced by transfers) was with nesta and rui costa. Since then their spending has been peanuts compared to the madrids, barcas, chelseas, uniteds, and even liverpool. With that budget he's put to gether a very solid team imo thatis one or two players away from being complete. That it is not performing regularly is down to coaching motivation etc. As a negotiator and at closing the deal galliani was an irreplaceable asset . Imo he was excellent at football matters and should've moved to this; leave the player contracts and financial vision to someone else. Still he worked miracles at milan. I blame the criminal neglect of berlusconi and barbara's meddling for this.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Cesare Maldini confirmed on Al Jazeera that Paolo is coming back to milan! I believe as technical director.

cheers 
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Maldini officially confirmed !

Rumors about Albertini returning to some capacity too

And also certain directors from Roma, Fio and Parma
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

The moment i've been waiting for since at the very least 2011 , is actually happening.

Paolo is joining the club again Proud

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:19 pm

What a day this has been for Milan .

Still can't believe it is happening and i can't really express how happy , relaxed and excited i am for Milan that Maldini will have such an important role inside the club.

Wish him all the best in this one and may he bring as much success into the club as he did as a player . Paolo ffs Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Galliani is a legend, and I am really gutted and sad for him. he has served like 30 years with club, and we won so much under him. I will only like to remember all the great things that happened for Milan under him, and how he made Milan loved in every corner in the world.

the negatives are that, he just started looking for cheap alternatives in squad maybe in order to keep finance under control, but there are so many qualities you can find if we did enough homework. Milan still have better fanbase, revenue, is a attractive brand, so financial side cant be the only reason why milan is falling.

galliani in fact is way too nice, and thats why some of our sucking players take it for granted, get paid so high, and have been piled up in our squad. free transfers, rejects from rival or other clubs, high salaries, and difficulty getting them out of club. rest assured if maldini is there, it will happen in minimal level.

i wished though galliani is still kept in milan to keep the managerial side, or like financial, or for looking for other sectors, and is still a CEO. i wished maldini and albertini in sporting and technical side with braida fired and galliani still kept as CEO would be great. barbara to continue as part of the board.

disciplinary situation, lack of commitment, poor results, bad technical/sporting assessment/ lack of scrutiny in medical sectors/ lack of focus on youth talents, i expect to see some drastic changes under maldini and hope albertini joins him because i have heard a lot of good things about albertini since he retired and joined FIGC. that he had been pushing a lot for clubs to focus on youth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:03 pm

next time im gonna go to dinner, with my friends, which will be in my birthday, i m gonna do a toast, and a drink for galliani!! thats for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 am

Really kills me to see this day. He has been in charge my entire life, couldn't even imagine Milan without him.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:38 am

Berlusconi kicked out of Parliament AND Galliani announcing his resignation all in one week. This can only be good.

Thankyou for all you have done for the club anziani, but it is time for rejuvenation - in the team and the management.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:59 am

With Galliani, I have had, and I know a lot of Milanisti here can relate, a love-hate relationship. It's hard enough imagining Milan without the bald troll, now I actually gotta see it, feels weird.

When it comes to wheeling and dealing in football, Galliani is among the greatest of all time. This guy got Zlatan fckin Ibrahimovich, one of the finest players in football history on a loan with installments FFS! For all the jokes on free transfers, getting Montolivo, Van Bommel, Mexes and Kaka are all worthy of a salute. The trophies he helped Milan won are all displayed on my sig, the only thing we can say to him is grazie. It does depress me that he left on bad terms, kinda a recurring theme now Neutral All of Pirlo, Ambrosini and Galliani deserved better exits.

He did his mistakes, this guy is not God. You can't always expect Montolivos and Ibrahimovichs when you have a budget that is lower than Cardiff. The reason we got scrubs like Mesbah and Traore is because of a piss poor budget. Even when Allegri demanded Matri, Galliani at least made the 12 million deal in 4 installments. Galliani always did his best and truly loved this club.

Now on to Maldini and Albertini, lead us to a new era of dominance you legends Proud

Also everyone post your favourite Galliani trolls. Mine is this.

Galliani: 'We are not going to sign anyone this winter.' Signs Cassano, Van Bommel, Villa, Urby and Legrotagille The Fires of Heaven G12
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 am

Grazie and arrivederci, Golden Tie. The San Siro will surely be a less lively place without your frown or hysterics.

"Like a new signing" is my favorite quote of his.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:06 pm

“Over the last 5 years Milan have won more Serie A matches than X side”

"If you count the points from November onwards, we should be first"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed