barca 2011
Winter is Coming
Robespierre
Twoism
Lex
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

"Arsenal Need A New Goalkeeper" - Page 4 Empty Re: "Arsenal Need A New Goalkeeper"

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:43 am

So, in other words, De Gea would not have made that mistake in the CL when under even more pressure and facing better players? Pls go

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

"Arsenal Need A New Goalkeeper" - Page 4 Empty Re: "Arsenal Need A New Goalkeeper"

Post by che Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 am

we're not dealing with hypotheticals here, my point was that a mistake that dumps you out of the carling cup is substantially less important than a mistake that dumps you out of the cl
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:20 am

But they're both mistakes and are both GK errors at the end of the day. GKs tend to have the most focus in a match since they aren't running back and forth or gasping for air or trying to keep up with a team tactic, etc. It could have been a mistake in the Community Shield and it would still have been a mistake. In fact, making a mistake that costs your team in a situation where there isn't as much pressure looks worse on you because there's not much reason to trust you when there's more pressure.

I hate his guts(and his club) and even though he tends to get sent off every now and then, not many GKs would have done much different from what Chesny did in that situation. De Gea on the other hand...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:32 am

che wrote:
Lex wrote:
Why does the competition matter? it can be the WC final, or some charity event, a blunder is a blunder and De Gea cost United.

would you rather get eliminated from the carling cup or the champions league?

Exactly, it's obvious to most reasonable people. Comparing a World Cup final to a charity event, priceless.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:37 am

Are we going to act like Szczesny doesn't make mistakes in less pressurised situations? It happens, goalkeepers make mistakes

"Arsenal Need A New Goalkeeper" - Page 4 IfdnNLJnJgFeM
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:40 am

Blue Barrett wrote:So, in other words, De Gea would not have made that mistake in the CL when under even more pressure and facing better players? Pls go

No he probably wouldn't. De Gea has been incredibly steady in big moments for a keeper of his age. Where again as I will point out Chesney is the total opposite.

Carling Cup final against Birmingham (A chance to end the trophy drought) losses them the game with an idiotic decision right at the end.
Euro 2012 for Poland- Literally the worst keeping displays I have ever seen.
Champions League knockout round 2014- doesn't just lose the game for Arsenal but basically puts the nail in the coffin for the entire two legs.

I MEAN DID YOU WATCH THE EURO'S? Below is a reminder that should look very similar to what happened yesterday. I mean his coach wouldn't even put him back in the tournament after his suspension he was so bad.

"He was sent off in Poland's opening game against Greece in UEFA Euro 2012. In the second half of the match Szczęsny fouled Dimitris Salpingidis in order to prevent him from scoring a second goal for Greece. The foul occurred in the box causing Szczęsny to miss the next match against Russia. Szczęsny failed to play again for the rest of Euro 2012 as Tytoń played the rest of the group stage as Poland went out finishing bottom of Group A with two points."

It’s like some of you have never heard the expression “Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you.” Chesney puts a run of form together usually in the EPL and then we get the posts by the usual 2-3 Arsenal fans on here how he’s the best keeper in the EPL, he’s world class etc, which is just such nonsense.

Measure that by De Gea who has won multiple European trophies for club and country, in his first year in the EPL he had the best saves to shots ratio in the league, last year he was voted to the EPL team of the year and helping United win the league and he has been great this year. De Gea has the hardware and big game pedigree while Chesney has none of that.

As a Barca fan we can point this out as we have a similar situation in Victor Valdes especially earlier in his career when he used to make big boneheaded decisions. He would routinely have great numbers in La Liga and won a bunch of Zamora trophies but we all knew it was down to the system and team he played behind because we have a brain in our head and knew he wasn’t the best keeper in the league.

Which is very similar to Chesney this year playing behind a backline playing incredibly well for most the season (not so much lately) and De Gea playing behind a Man U team and backline that are about to reform there entire roster and it’s not up to snuff.

It doesn’t mean Chesney is better than De Gea as there in different circumstances. Hence if you look at my first couple posts in this thread I said it’s just a matter of time until he shows you what he really is and these couple Arsenal fans really need to stop the constant overhyping of certain players when they hit a patch of form. It’s not hard to predict, the guy is prone to huge boneheaded decisions and like usual he came through with a massive boneheaded decision, stunner.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Lex wrote:De Gea is crass mate. Or have you forgotten how he got United kicked out of the CC? Laughing

LOL, Carling Cup or Champions League????  HHHMMMMMM  Chesney better than De Gea is just a joke.

Let's not talk Carling Cup now, we know Chesney's boneheaded history there now don't we?  Against Relegation fodder at that.

The guy is a disaster waiting to happen on the big stage (finals, Euro's, CL etc) and as we can see in this competition Saturday and Sunday in the EPL is not the big stage some on this site would have us believe it is.

I wouldn't bother with Lexy when it comes to debating anything involving Arse players. His bias would make Wigglesworth come across as neutral.

De Gea is "crass"? eco smile this guy I swear.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:18 am

Blue Barrett wrote:In fact, making a mistake that costs your team in a situation where there isn't as much pressure looks worse on you because there's not much reason to trust you when there's more pressure.

do you think bayern are top contenders for this year's cl?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Arsenal's Laurent Koscielny donates €600k to save accordion factoryFrench footballer demonstrates pride in his Gallic roots with investment in Tulle factory threatened with closure.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/laurent-koscielny-arsenal-player-accordion-factory-donates-tulle

"Arsenal Need A New Goalkeeper" - Page 4 Arsenalgk2

Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4