Motogp69
Eman
FalcaoPunch
43 posters

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead II - Page 23 Empty Re: The Walking Dead II

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Disappointed there wasn't an actual solution and DC likely ain't happening purely because them having something to aim for is exciting, but that Episode was great

Never seen that coming ffs rofl

My money was on them getting to DC only for Eugene to fail somehow then go from there but man oh man Laughing

Hope the group find some purpose now because yeah watching them just survive again and slowly lose people/gain some can't go on for ever.

Feels like the main storyline just got cut off outta nowhere it was an anti climatic sucker punch.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:39 pm

I feel like the DC thing may still be legit, unbeknownst to Eugene.

Would be interesting if the show works that angle.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 pm

McLewis wrote:I feel like the DC thing may still be legit, unbeknownst to Eugene.

Would be interesting if the show works that angle.

I think the group wills till try to go to DC. Eugene did say the part where he said DC is the best hope for a permanent safe haven is actually true.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Not digging a happy accident angle where a lie turns out to be true tbh

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Think DC is still the main story as well. The hospital arc will/should be done within the next 2 episodes and the 2nd half of this season will be the main story i think

But then they can pull a filler outta nowhere at anytime.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Kinda like watchin' rasslin having them build to some WM triple threat between your 3 favourite rasslers then the PPV before they say 2 are going on holiday and 1 is injured.

Kinda nowhere left to go but down Sad anti climatic
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Not digging a happy accident angle where a lie turns out to be true tbh

Doesn't exactly have to be the "cure" thing which Eugene brought/made up. Could be something else.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 pm

The Walking Dead II - Page 23 10384526_799373690101002_6760325906206650422_n
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:21 pm

loooooooooooooooooooool
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:30 pm

Was expecting a brogue kick during the episode when he was getting told the story. Laughing

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:39 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10406710_10201561656203553_159473775716302623_n.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:11 pm

wow.
So I just caught up with the last two episodes.
I thought episode 4, with the psycho hospital people, was incredibly good, one of the best episodes of the show I can remember.
Since the episode last season with just her and Darryl, Beth as a character has grown rapidly on me, I love the actress, she's fantastic.
And I'm amazed at how the show manages to keep getting better, how they manage to raise their game also from an artistic point of view.
I thought the episode was intense, well written, and incredibly well filmed and edited.

As for episode 5, I like it very much. I always wondered how bizarre that story with Eugene as the superscientist on a governmental top secret mission was, now it makes sense.

Also I loved the line that introduced the story - "What's with the hair" lol. Because that was what surely everyone was wondering too about that top scientist - what's with the hair.

Fwiw, I believe Eugene when he says "I know I am smarter than most people", so maybe what someone wrote above might still be true - that Eugene and Washington DC might be some way of progress after all.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Can't stand Euguene and his horrible accent.

Hope he gets killed soon.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Disappointed there wasn't an actual solution and DC likely ain't happening purely because them having something to aim for is exciting, but that Episode was great

Never seen that coming ffs rofl

My money was on them getting to DC only for Eugene to fail somehow then go from there but man oh man Laughing

Hope the group find some purpose now because yeah watching them just survive again and slowly lose people/gain some can't go on for ever.

Feels like the main storyline just got cut off outta nowhere it was an anti climatic sucker punch.

I like this anticlimactic sucker punch though. Because how stupid were we to believe that strange guy out of nowhere with this ridiculous hair would have found the 'cure' to the zombies lol.
Survival is what the show is about, I kind of like it that this "save the earth/revert the catastrophe" part is nonexistant again, even if it's frustrating to follow.

I like it if narrations pointedly frustrate the hopes and comfort of audiences, just as I thought the best story turn in San Andreas was when I annoyingly had to win back all those gang territories AGAIN after I'd already been the *bleep* king of Las Vegas lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Didn't see anything unusual about his hair. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:wow.
So I just caught up with the last two episodes.
I thought episode 4, with the psycho hospital people, was incredibly good, one of the best episodes of the show I can remember.
Since the episode last season with just her and Darryl, Beth as a character has grown rapidly on me, I love the actress, she's fantastic.
And I'm amazed at how the show manages to keep getting better, how they manage to raise their game also from an artistic point of view.
I thought the episode was intense, well written, and incredibly well filmed and edited.

As for episode 5, I like it very much. I always wondered how bizarre that story with Eugene as the superscientist on a governmental top secret mission was, now it makes sense.

Also I loved the line that introduced the story - "What's with the hair" lol. Because that was what surely everyone was wondering too about that top scientist - what's with the hair.

Fwiw, I believe Eugene when he says "I know I am smarter than most people", so maybe what someone wrote above might still be true - that Eugene and Washington DC might be some way of progress after all.
Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 am

Very nice episode with two of my favourite characters yet predictable in how it was going to end.

The episode however was a reminder of how noble Carol and Daryl still are despite their efforts to prove otherwise, and I enjoyed the conversation of two people who act rather talk. I was a bit disappointed by the flashbacks, I thought something more interesting would've happened from Carol's time outside the group, maybe find some other people or more struggle with walkers.

So it was Noah Daryl brought to the group after all while Atlanta looks safe enough compared to the first time we saw it from Rick's perspective - budget is either running low or their saving for something more epic later.

As for the next episode I believe Carol will die at the hospital in the attempt to save Beth, I thought it was foreshadowed when Carol said she didn't want to die or lose any of her friends and beside the body count has been surprisingly low so one of the survivors gotta bite the dust.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:31 pm

new black character joins the group..............we know what that means, one must be sacrifaced to complete the cycle
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 pm

https://i.imgur.com/5c3Gk6q.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Good episode. I liked how they tied up the loose ends from previous episodes regarding Carol's journey. Giving us glimpses to her path and wanders of solitude.

Loved seeing those apocalyptic scenes the most :bow: First time since the first 2 episodes of season 1 have we seen them venture onto the deserted city streets. More of that please instead of the tiresome, drab scenes in the wooded areas.ZZzz

Flexing that budget :bow: MOAR!

They're building Carol into some character. The effort the writers are putting into her has made her the stand out character of the show. Who would have thought? From being that abused timid wife, into becoming this badass female rambo. Such progression and depth. I actually get da feels whenever she does. A little bit though, not full on emo though, lol.

I enjoyed that scene on the bridge with the car on the ledge. Quite funny how there was this silence then *bam* *bam* *bam* the bodies of zombies dropping one by one Laughing I thought that was a cool scene. Kinda intrigued to know how did the zombies that landed on the car immediately die hmm

Noah with no effs to give. Stole their weapons and hobbled off lol. Kinda funny how they kept running into each other. But Darryl and carol with dat compassion *clap*. Kudos to all those here who guessed it was Noah that darryl called to come out in the previous episode.

It's finally established that Carol ending up in that hospital was due to an accident rather than it being an elaborate plan. I liked that, throws off the notion of predictability out the window.

Overall, another good episode. What a season it's been thus far.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Very good episode. Mainly because of the music and the surrounding. Not heard this music in any of the seasons so it was new and really fitting to the whole environment and the mood between Daryl and Carol. Loved the post-apocalyptic Atalanta as well. Think that Tank was the same one from season 1. Some nice survival instincts by Daryl and Carol. However the story was a bit weak and we really didn't learn anything new about the characters unlike last week.

Lol there is no way that van should have landed straight Laughing but let's let it slip.

Thought some parts were dragged out because they only wanted to focus on those 2 characters and they ran out of material. But this episode was needed like RED said regarding Carol's backstory and also Daryl needed one episode like this to be built back up again. He was becoming a Yes man.

Lol at the walkers in the sleeping bags rofl

I guess next two episodes will be Rick group Vs hospital crew. Really worried Carol might die. Can't wait to see Rick again though.

Rick who is a former cop Vs Cops at the hospital. Can't wait to see his reaction Banderas.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Was a good episode, but again, it was filler. Pretty much all of the episodes are good. Problem is the main story never advances.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Don't expect it to either

AMC is a dead channel after BB and Mad Men finished. TWD is their cash cow.

If they only focused on the main story then we would be caught up in season 3-4 at best lol. Also they have to keep a big distance to the comics so there is that.

I am fed up with the fillers as well at times but I can understand their perspective.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lol there is no way that van should have landed straight Laughing but let's let it slip.
This. I was like...Seriously just a moment ago it was falling down head first.

Thought this episode was on par with the last one.
Episode ranking so far:
05 and 06

I feel at times some scenes were unnecessary. But okay, I'm looking forward to the next 2 episodes - Rick's back :bow: The next one Rick and the group will mostly do preparation to attack the hospital and I think in the mid-season finale the attack will go down.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh and I like Carol for sure, but I'm not going to be sad or anything if she dies. The show can move on from that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:12 am

Felt like TLOU when I was hearing the music. It sounded very similar to one of the soundtracks in TLOU.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next