Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
izzy
The Franchise
18 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:31 am

Well they do need a point guard Laughing

They love giving away picks don't they lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:33 am

izzy wrote:
@dmize, Lambs shooting 100% from the FT line? Shocked
How many has he taken? Must of set a record right?

27 in two years. Like 13/13 last year 14/14 this year.. nothing too crazy but did set a record for most makes without a miss to start a career
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:38 am

Love watching the Clippers when they are like this.

CP3 has the Nets defence wrapped around his little finger, seemingly pulling them around at will.

If they improve the defense....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:30 am

D Williams :bow:

Came alive in that 2nd quarter with 13 points including two crossovers which absolutely wrecked CP3.

56-44 to Nets at half time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:48 am

I remember when D-Will used to, and not even exaggerating, dominate CP3. Back then he wasnt injured all the time and physically wrecked havoc out there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 am

Man, I cant wait to see this chariots of backfire race Laughing

Anyone who aint up to speed, Kenny challenged Chuck, Shaq, Earnie and C-Webb to a 100m race.

TNT shows little bits and peices but obviously not too much revealing, like the winner.

Earnies got left in the blocks and didnt run because C-Webb jumped the gun but nobody came back LMAO

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:01 am

The Franchise wrote:I remember when D-Will used to, and not even exaggerating, dominate CP3. Back then he wasnt injured all the time and physically wrecked havoc out there.

Yup.

He used to always get the best of Paul. Taller, bigger, stronger. Never was a good matchup for CP3.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:05 am

Gotta be C-Webb surely lol.

No way Shaq and Barkley are staying the pace.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:15 am

Kenny got cocky, he had that won Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:22 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Kenny got cocky, he had that won Laughing

Just seen that Laughing

That's what Kenny gets for celebrating with 10 yards to go

And now he's trying to argue he still won... nah man C-Webb got you.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:26 am

It couldn't of happened any other way, there had to be controversy with those guys Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:37 am

Their race needed a photo finish rofl rofl

it was just really Kenny vs CWebb though
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Anyone else susprised by how well Shaq did?

He wasnt far behind for about 60-70m lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:42 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Jr

JR Smith shot chart Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:24 pm

No. 4: Lakers’ Gasol blames D’Antoni’s system for struggles —

Lakers forward Pau Gasol, an unrestricted free agent this summer, told our own Scott Howard-Cooper that he is more or less open to leaving L.A. this offseason. Gasol even seemed to warm up to the idea of returning to where his NBA career started, Memphis, to play alongside his brother Marc. The reason for Gasol’s desire to get out of L.A. can probably be directly traced to what he had to say after yesterday’s practice to Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times. Essentially, the long-standing lack of chemistry between Gasol and coach Mike D’Antoni — a topic that is apparently not broached between the two men — seems to be what’s pushing Gasol out of L.A.:

In one corner of the Lakers’ practice gym stood Pau Gasol, his constant smile pulled tight.

“The fact that I’m not getting the ball in the post affects directly my aggressiveness,” he said. “When I’m not getting the ball where I want to, where I’m most effective, where I can bang guys and utilize my skill, that affects my aggressiveness and overall intensity.”
About 30 feet away stood Mike D’Antoni, his constant smile disappearing.
“I can’t lie to him… Our numbers tell us the worst thing we do is post up,” he said.

Once the most embraced Laker, Gasol has become the most scorned. His reluctant offense and dissolvable defense have elicited a dark rumble from Staples Center fans every time he goes near the ball. He is shooting a career-low 42%, five opposing big men have already run over him to equal or top their career best in points, and everyone has been wondering when Pau Gasol is going to fight back.

On Thursday, in his own kindly way, he finally did.

In an interview before the team left to board a plane for Friday night’s game in Oklahoma City, Gasol made clear what he usually only intimates. He said he believes his poor play is a result of his poor usage in D’Antoni’s system. He said he has come to the conclusion that he just doesn’t fit.

“This year hasn’t been ideal, certain things are not ideal for me, but that’s not going to change any time soon,” he said.
So why hasn’t it been ideal?
“What do you think?” he said. “I’m not going to say anything, but it’s easy to see. You see a guy with a certain skill set, where does it fit better, where it doesn’t.”
When asked about D’Antoni’s sometimes pointed criticism of his toughness, Gasol shrugged.
“I don’t pay attention. Mike is sometimes all over the place, I don’t give much credit to things like that,” he said.

When asked if D’Antoni has ever discussed this criticism with him directly, for the first time in the interview, Gasol sounded irked.
“Nope, zero. Nope, zero,” he said. “Like I said, it’s not ideal, but it is what it is.”
A few minutes later, in another part of the emptying gym, D’Antoni offered his own shrug and acknowledged he has never discussed his criticisms directly with Gasol.
“We know how he has to be,” D’Antoni said. “We talk, but he has to produce. He knows how to play, he knows what he has to do.”

He’s been beaten up here mentally, having been both traded and benched in the last three seasons. He’s also not aging ideally, with Kobe Bryant acknowledging Thursday that he counseled Gasol to consider adding to his game by losing some pounds.

“I told him I thought the thing that really helped me out, I dropped some weight,” Bryant said. “I told him he should probably measure it himself, see if that’s something he needs to do himself. As we get older, our metabolism slows, we quietly become a little heavy.”

To the human condition, add the D’Antoni condition, in which Gasol is being asked to play a system that really doesn’t suit him. It is perhaps an equation for the sort of tentativeness, even listlessness, that Gasol has shown even in the biggest of moments.

“Pau is a great guy, a great player, but the focus has gone away from him a little bit in the last few years,” D’Antoni said. “After a while it gets frustrating, you lose your confidence, you get a little nicked up here and there, you don’t battle through it, it’s tough.”

D’Antoni said he is confident Gasol will find himself. Gasol doesn’t seem so sure. He said he would never ask to leave a place that has mostly loved him during seven seasons and two championships, but, seriously, once they trade you once, can you ever feel settled again?

“I love being here, I love my teammates, I love the city … but [a trade] is a possibility,” Gasol said.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 pm

dont let the door hit you on the way lmao

there is no system that will make up for his D- defense and C+ effort at rebounding. People keep acting like gasol is still an all star power forward but he hasnt been that in years.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:57 pm

LMA :bow:

He's the real star of that team, f*ck this Lillard shit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Anyone else susprised by how well Shaq did?

He wasnt far behind for about 60-70m lol

Not really, biggest physical freak I have ever seen in my life, bar none. He also ran pretty fast in that Shaq VS show he had going one time.

Also that Howard speed before injury Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Well I think he would be a ton better if that fail coach posted him up from time to time.

I understand him, you just dont play with the same effort and intensity defensively and rebounding if your not getting it going on the offensive end.

D'Antoni says posts up are the least efficient plays by the numbers...well yeah, if you dont post up consistently, what do you think will happen? You rush every chance you get because you might get another. Its a cycle.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Good point Freeza, forgot about that Shaq vs series.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:10 pm

At this point, there's no point in fighting it. Team is just not structured to play that way any more, and Pau just ain't good enough to force that to change.

He will get some plays when Kobe is running the point, which seems like it's going to be a fair bit of the time, and he'll do good things for the offence in general, but at the moment we just need re bounders and defenders, and Pau is neither right now.

I'm happy he's playing bad though, I don't see the point of winning too many games this year.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:04 pm

More reason its laughable that Buss said "D'Antoni was the best coach for this team" over Phil.

He was the best coach for one player only, 40 year old Steve Nash Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:More reason its laughable that Buss said "D'Antoni was the best coach for this team" over Phil.

He was the best coach for one player only, 40 year old Steve Nash Laughing

Yea, but that was last year and this is this year. I think I've complained about these things enough to be honest, sure there were missed opportunities, but I watch this team play this year and D'Antoni is extracting more than he should be able to from these guys, and getting very little credit for it.

I like this team, I think it's got alot of stuff we were missing in the years gone buy, D'Antoni is definitely the coach for these guys.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:44 pm

OK but dont you have a level of concern about the direction the franchise is taking considering this level of poor planning and decision making?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Oh, I'm very concerned....I think Jerry is dumber than a doorknob and I think since Mike Brown over Brian Shaw and and traded Lamar to Dallas for a damn exception, things been going downhill.

But if you got D'Antoni, and it's his basketball we're playing, then it won't hurt to give the guy a actual chance with it. That requires signing a decent free agent next year and getting a medical staff worth a grain of salt, but that's more appealing to me than this useless whining from Pau and everyone else who want it one way when it's so clearly another way,

Now I think it's time for people to buy into this concept and for upper level management to start working on brining in quality players who fit this concept. Time for whining about post up's is gone.

Pau wants the ball on the block for 6 seconds? that's just not the nature of the team anymore. The reality is if Pau fought for deep position half as hard as he's whining in that interview, he'getting his 18 a game. Why? Our spacing is the best it's been in about 10 years and it isn't hard for a shooter to make an interior pass if that's a good option.....I mean they do it for Jordan Hill...because he fights for position.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 pm

You mean Jim right?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next