Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
izzy
The Franchise
18 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Thu 05 Dec 2013, 18:01

Gil wrote:I'm talking about skill. Both players are limited offensively and score off putbacks, PNR, lobs and tip-ins. Only difference is that Dwight is an elite defensive player and a 20+ PPG scorer in his prime.

You can pretend the hatred is only because of his persona but I hear people criticizing his game or (lack of it) all the time. Same people who then call Drummond a beast.

Drummond is a hell of a player obviously but I'm just pointing out the double standards. It's a shame refs have taken away the "power game". He isn't going to be a reliable scorer until he improves his FT shooting and adds some finesse to his game. You can no longer overpower defenders on the block like Shaq in his prime without it being an offensive foul these days. Sick of refs rewarding soft players.
Yeah and nobody ever called Drummond the 2nd best player, best center, best this and best that....on top of that, again, Howard is already past his best, or being generous..the best he will ever be. Drummond is still growing.

Like what are you on about? lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Thu 05 Dec 2013, 18:07

Gil wrote:I'm talking about skill. Both players are limited offensively and score off putbacks, PNR, lobs and tip-ins. Only difference is that Dwight is an elite defensive player and a 20+ PPG scorer in his prime.

You can pretend the hatred is only because of his persona but I hear people criticizing his game or (lack of it) all the time. Same people who then call Drummond a beast.

Drummond is a hell of a player obviously but I'm just pointing out the double standards. It's a shame refs have taken away the "power game". He isn't going to be a reliable scorer until he improves his FT shooting and adds some finesse to his game. You can no longer overpower defenders on the block like Shaq in his prime without it being an offensive foul these days. Sick of refs rewarding soft players.
Gil, seriously read what you wrote there.

Howard is a flat out embarrassment, he hasn't improved in about 5 years now. The guy is in his late 20s and we already saying lines like 'when he was in his prime'.
That is disgraceful and the fact Kareem, Shaq, and Barkley have come out and been disgusted by his lack of skills says a lot.
FFS, Hakeem has already says he has been disappointed in Howard.

What sums Howard up is the game against the Lakers this year.
He ran from the FT line, just like he runs when faced with adversity and is challenged.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Thu 05 Dec 2013, 23:00

Gil wrote:I find it baffling people fap over Drummond but hate on Dwight. They're practically the same player, down to the poor FT shooting except the fact Andre is shooting at a historically bad rate.
One is 28 and hasn't improved his game in 5 years. The other is 20.

The main reason I'm not a DH fan, besides his overall annoying mannerisms , is how are you gonna be around Kareem, Hakeem, etc and not improve? It's just mind boggling. Waste of potential.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 05 Dec 2013, 23:01

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread 825523255

Shocked
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 01:37

Anyone watching Knicks and Nets?

Nets are so freaking bad man Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 01:53

Im watching, nice late run at the end of the quarter by the Nets to close the gap a bit but it grew to 10 again.

Bargnani playing decent ball.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 01:55

I also think Amare should play more if he can handle it, he seems to have more left than people suggest.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 01:58

Nice sequence of passes leading to the Stoudemire basket a moment ago.

What was that play before end of 1st quarter btw? calling a timeout for that piece of shit play lol.

Don't know if you are watching on same station as me but Barkley was shitting on it Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:03

This is far far too easy for Lopez in the paint at the moment.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:06

Nah, im watching in Portuguese. Do it sometimes to try and improve.

But yeah, horseshit play lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:10

I think when Andrei Kirilenko comes back, this Nets team might improve.

First they actually need an identity, but right now I think they could really use him.

Nobody can gaurd any drivers, everyone is too slow or old. Bargnani is getting into the paint with ease for chris sake lol

And on offence, nobody is really cutting with any purpose like he does. Its too much standing around while one player iso's or drive and kicks. AK has great movement without the ball and is naturally unselfish.

I think get him some minutes at the 4 and it will help. Then again, anything would help this team right now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:12

Dwight wants more than he worked for, you want teams to run offense through you but you can't do simple things like keep the ball high, make simple hooks, hit some free throws? That's not just entitlement, it's delusion. Drummond still has some innocence, he knows what he can do and is trying to improve on the things he can't. which makes for a much more likable auroa.

Speaking of waste of talent, Bargani just had some nice moves inside....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:15

Handing out techs like candy...so frustrating.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:21

Deron Williams coming back as well will make a difference... he and Lopez are probably their best players.

Seriously its quite sad how poor their offence is its Lopez or nothing at this point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:26

Barkleys doing the game? Now I gotta watch Laughing

Probably rippin both of these teams
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:27

I am shocked a guy who played under Rick Carlise isnt coaching a much more structured and organised offence which can tick regardless of the parts.

Its almost like Kidd is basically subbing himself for Deron Williams and they are playing the same way his old Nets team did...except without any athletic ability.

That team was Kidd fast break after Kidd fast break and when that failed, it was Kidd create for everyone in the half court. No real plan or team oriented offence.

These Nets look much the same, just let free to do as they wish. Probably his thoughts were he didnt want to try and over preech to a veteran squad...but these new parts just wont fit when noone knows their roles.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:30

dmize wrote:Barkleys doing the game? Now I gotta watch Laughing

Probably rippin both of these teams
Yeah he is Laughing

That play i was on about....

" what was that play all about? you actually called a timeout to do that? that's why you are 3-13 Knicks fans " Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:44

I have said it before, Bargnani's man on man defence in the post is actually really impressive.

His problem is he is one, if not the, worst help defender playing regular minutes.

I love his pump fake though, it gets people in the air like 80% of the time. Most of the Euro bigs have good ones actually, Jo Vac OF the Raptors might be even better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:54

Shumpert is on fire at the moment lol.

Also seriously f*ck the Nets for making me believe in them after they beat Miami.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 03:23

This is embarrassing.... Nets are just clueless against a team which is 3 and 16 and their local rivals no less on top of that they are getting blown out at home.

Actually i don't think embarrassing quite cuts it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 03:55

LETS GO KNICKSSSSS
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:12

So Rose is saying again this year "I might be back for the playoffs"

He really should rule himself out and if he can come back, do it and surprise everyone. Opening himself up to criticism again.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:19

Brilliant Zidane roulette by Boozer
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:29

Bulls up 15 Suspect 
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:41

While the inside dominance is obvious and everyone knew it was coming.... Miami are very poor on the perimeter tonight as well, amount of easy shots they are missing is beyond bad.

Also not even half time but its quite obvious that D Wade is badly missed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next