Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
izzy
The Franchise
18 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 pm

You mean Jim right?

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Yea, pardon me, Jim.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:49 pm

I agree with what you're saying then, It's just hard to see which guys we can bring in to hit the system, Carmelo can be out stretch 4. But is he really worth that much money to be that? I now D'antoni has his system, but without a superstar point guard, it can't run effectively imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:51 pm

If thats how you feel, and more importantly, D'Antoni feels then you may aswell ship Pau out/not resign him and heck, might aswell do the same for Kobe. He wont work in this offence either, because he cant run and he wants iso's, pick and r's and post ups.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Though I will add obviously Kobe is going nowhere for a multitude of reasons, I was just saying.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't know the extent to which he can run, but Kobe can pick and roll to his hearts content and I think D'Antoni will have very little issue with that. Post up and Iso are different, but again, both those things have value and I'm sure even D'Antoni recognizes that.....they just don't need to be our staple.

I'm tired of seeing guys stand and watch Kobe, that just isn't going to work anymore, they need to have their own things to go to. I trust Kobe to find ways to play his game within all that.

I thought I said already, we need to trade Pau, we should have traded him a while ago. Don't know who you can get in return but a decent rebounding big...or if Mitch can work magic....a really good point guard.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm

a nba journalist on twitter mentioned today that the lakers might throw money on Bledsoe
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Those players are going to stand watch Kobe play all day, they dont have the balls to do anything by themselves.

Against the Raptors, it was Kobe at what? Half speed? And they stood and watched him instead of making screens and cuts off the ball.

And worst still, when they do get the ball, they dont make moves. They half heartedly go, then bring it back to Kobe.

Thats why the Lakers offence works better when Kobe is sitting, because then the rest have no choice but to do something for themselves.

And thats also why a different coach would get more out of the likes of Pau. They would post Pau repeatedly, with or without Kobe, because it forces someone else to do something and the remaining 3/4 players wont just stand and watch Pau work. They will cut and move and Pau is a willing passer too.

For such an offensive genius, its funny how he couldnt truely get anything out of Melo, Howard and Gasol.

His 1 dimensional style hasnt even brought him a championship, why he sticks to it so religiously is beyond me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:43 pm

I even disagree a little....Nick Young don't GAF about Kobe and Xavier has shown glimpses of being able to work on his own....but all these guys need the pace and the system to be moving and they need to have the green light....otherwise they'll either go back in their shell or they'll be too terrible for me to actually want them to come out of it.

Of course the system isn't magic, it might be downright terrible, but if you put the right players in it...you'll get some degree of success. I literally don't think some of these guys are capable of moving and cutting like you're talking about, that's alot more complicated than:

-get to your spot quick
-reverse the ball
-shoot, drive if clear lane
-interior pass if applicable
-Iso if mismatch

Which for guys like Meeks and Wes is essentially what this system is. It requires better points than Xavier and Blake to function, but it's not like those guys don't exist.

For the record I would have preferred basically everything you said, but I just think that ship's sailed.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Yea, but that was last year and this is this year. I think I've complained about these things enough to be honest, sure there were missed opportunities, but I watch this team play this year and D'Antoni is extracting more than he should be able to from these guys, and getting very little credit for it.

I like this team, I think it's got alot of stuff we were missing in the years gone buy,  D'Antoni is definitely the coach for these guys.

Yeah I agree. He's done a great job this year.

But these teams are his specialty, it just won't work with some of the older personnel.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 pm

Yeah, Young dont care...but there is a reason he has never really fond a niche for himself in the league. He takes awful awful shots.

I like X, he should play more. He is the only wing I see consistently taking good shots.

I think the players are capable of the basics, they do it when Kobe sits. Those 5 things you mentioned, that will do just fine with this group. But they cant manage it when Kobe is out there because they give up the ball at the drop of the hat.

Kobe needs to be ignored sometimes, thats what Fisher's biggest strength always was, ignoring Kobe when something better was supposed to happen.

Mike's offence is great at getting something out of what many thought were no hoper's, no argument there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:32 pm

SportsCenter        ✔️ @SportsCenter
Follow

Kobe Bryant is playing point guard and will guard Russell Westbrook tonight vs Thunder, coach Mike D'Antoni says.
12:48 PM - 13 Dec 2013

Suspect I know Blake is injured but really?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:37 pm

He should run it, but don't make him guard WB ffs.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:04 am

From what i heard he's not going to exclusively guard Westbrook...

Having said that he shouldn't be guarding him fullstop ffs.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:55 am

Gortat is so shit, costing the Wiz the game in OT Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:03 am

Well, John Wall shooting above 5% could have prevented OT imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:05 am

He hit two big jumpers down the stretch to give them the lead by 2 with a few seconds left.. They just had to grab a rebound to seal the win but they couldn't even do that

Bunch of scrubs
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:07 am

Anddddddd they lose by a buzzer beater

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:22 am

X is a maniac Laughing he attacks full throttle every play, even though the game is over ffs Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:32 am

Did you people catch Howards 3 pointer tonight? Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:44 am

Wizards Sad

My boy wall with 6-22 shooting Sad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:00 am

Both were ballin, Drummond had 3-4 absurd highlight plays esp. 1:50

Oh and Rudys 1st game with the Kings, 8-12 24 points his best shooting night of the season :whistle:

and the Celtics beating the Knicks again rofl
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Hilton Armstrong is back in the League?! Shocked

He actually wasn't bad, played decent D on Howard a couple possessions.

Hilton > Ezeli
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Warning: Contains strong language.

Knicks Laughing

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Meh, funny rant but inaccurate and illogical in parts.

He doesnt blame Bargnani because "we brought him into this mess" but I assume doesnt realise that his plus minus for Bargnani is truly awful...and thats in comparison to his teammates. Not to forget that the guy has never rebounded (5 a game so far) and the one skill he does have, shooting the ball...for the month of December he is shooting 38% and 15% from 3.

Plus, its hardly Amare's fault he is injured, its not like he abuses his body and doesnt put in the work. NY was always taking a chance on a guy who cant get insurance ffs

That being said, "I used to skip church on Sunday to watch these raggedy bastards play" was tremendous Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:25 am

Holy shit Laughing our players can't catch any balls tbh Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next