Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Ricardo Alvarez Empty Re: Ricardo Alvarez

Post by Vibe Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:11 am

Alvarez: “Hurt not able to play versus Milan, but now thinking of Lazio”

APPIANO GENTILE - From how hard it was to watch the derby against AC Milan when he was suspended, to the next match against Lazio: Ricky Alvarez broached these two subjects and much more in an exclusive interview with Sky Sport 24: “I really struggled with not being able to play in the derby, on a scale of one to ten, I’d say it was a ten. It’s a big game for us and I was really disappointed not to be able to help my team-mates, but what matters is that the team went out there and got the three points.”

The Argentine then told the programme what people should expect from Inter going forward: “We need to keep doing what we’re doing, more like the first few games of the season when we didn’t concede many goals and scored a lot. I think that’s the ideal situation.”

What does Alvarez hope for in 2014? “It’s an important year, first of all I’m thinking about doing well here at Inter, one of the biggest clubs in the world, then obviously there’s the World Cup as we all know, it’s a great opportunity and let’s hope… Am I thinking a lot about it? I’d be lying if I told you otherwise, I’m thinking about it because I’ve made the last few squads and I feel I’ve got a chance of going to the World Cup. But I need to perform well here, I’m focused on giving everything in training and then a national team call up might come as a consequence.”

The midfielder then explained why it’s no longer difficult to switch back on after the Christmas break: “No, it only lasted a few days, during which we never stopped training. We’ve all done what we needed to in order to be fit and firing again.”

“We’re not thinking about that, just focusing on our game” was how the Argentine responded to questions about whether the mounting pressure of Lazio coach Petkovic would be an advantage or a disadvantage for the Nerazzurri. Can Inter prove they’ve made progress by accommodating Alvarez, Guarin and Kovacic all in the side together? “We’re all players who are more attacking than defensive-minded and we need to work on that, if all three of us are picked together we need to learn more in that area, then it’s up to the coach to pick the team.”

Transfer rumours suggest Fredy Guarin may leave in the January window, what does his team-mate make of that? “Obviously I’d be sad, he’s a big player for us, who’s done very well. We’d be sorry to lose a player like that but we still don’t know what’s going to happen. He’s still with us and we need to make the most of him. What would I do if the club offered to sell me to raise funds? I like it here and I want to stay, but there are other factors beyond my control. Given that no one’s ever told me any differently, I’m very happy to stay.” And on his potential new deal? “I don’t worry about things like that, I just focus on playing.”

Finally, a little reminder that Inter’s last penalty came against Lazio: “Yes, that’s right (smiling). It’s something which annoys us a little. I’m not talking about referees but we have had some bad luck because we should have had penalties awarded. All credit to us then for scoring so many goals despite not winning any penalties.”

http://fedenerazzurra.com/2014/01/03/alvarez-hurt-not-able-to-play-versus-milan-but-now-thinking-of-lazio/
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Alvarez set to renew until 2017

Ricardo Alvarez should renew contract with Inter until 2017. There is already an agreement in principle and we only need it to be formalized. We are waiting for agent Marcelo Simonian’s arrival in Italy and according to Tutto Mercato Web, he should arrive late February or early March.

Source: TMW
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Manchester United want Alvarez to improve creativity

Ricardo Alvarez is now in the views of Manchester United and the club is ready to make a bid already this January. As reported by Sports Direct News, the Argentinian is high on the list of David Moyes due to little creativity that the Red Devils have in the midfield. Alvarez would be considered a suitable reinforcement by the coach.

Source: SDN
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:32 am

it seems the lad is on his way to sunderland. Doesn't he deserve more than a relegation battling team in EPL?
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:37 am

Yes, that is not his level.

But it is same thing for Adam Johnson . He shouldn't play for a relegation battling team, but if he plays there , there is also a reason for it.

Basically I think Alvarez is a player for EL team , on paper . So he is adapted for this Inter ? Yes, for this Inter yes, but infact we are trying to impove this situation and getting some upgrade

of course the solution can't be Biabiany.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:46 am

Why not sell him,we can always play Jonathan in midfield.

Was almost never used properly.When was,he provided.I am not happy with his transfer.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 am

He gave his best as SS tbf (and infact we have a hole in that role now , basically he was the only SS we had )
In midfield we've taken M'Vila and Medel for playing in that role, Jonathan will play just because the opponent is the Stjarnan
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:12 pm

eltractor wrote:it seems the lad is on his way to sunderland. Doesn't he deserve more than a relegation battling team in EPL?

Tbh Sunderland should be able to stay in the Premier League, last season they had that bell end Di Canio in charge at the beginning and that's where it all went wrong. They have made a few decent signings in Van Aanholt and Rodwell and mayhaps Buckley, too.

So it's not like Alvarez joined Burnley or anything.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:41 pm

i always preferred him to stay, and sell guarin for any price we get. unless we sign a good player to replace him (Ferminho, lavezzi, insigne ...) it will be a loss. we are lacking depth in our squad.
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 pm

meh i don't rate alvarez too highly. hope to see some sort of attacking replacement for him though. Insigne would be nice but not much of an improvement but definitely more potential.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Thought this was a done dealio,apparently it's not.

Ricky might stay after all....
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tometek Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:38 pm

In the 1st part of the 2013/2014 season Ricky was immense, he tapered off towards in the end.

While I don't think Ricky is a top class player by any stretch, I believe that for purposes of depth he should stay at the club. It seems this move is strictly for financial reasons so we'll see.
Tometek
Tometek
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 pm

officially loaned to sunderland
zarola
zarola
First Team