arabprince
Dante
M99
32 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Seedorf Empty Seedorf

Post by M99 Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:07 am

Seedorf’s appointment has yet to be made official, but his return to San Siro after a one-and-a-half year spell with Botafogo seems inevitable. The 37-year-old is set to replace caretaker boss Mauro Tassotti after Wednesday’s Coppa Italia clash against Spezia and is expected to sit on the Milan bench for the first time versus Verona on Sunday.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Seedorf Empty Re: Seedorf

Post by Dante Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Even though i am fairly happy and optimistic about the news , i will keep my enthusiasm for the time being. You never know..

I want him to establish his authority as fast as possible. And badly expect from Seedorf to remove certain cancers within the roster. We have to get rid of players who do not deserve this shirt or those who cannot bear it .

The rest i hope they come naturally , since Seedorf could prove to be a great manager , especially if we give him time and trust to go on with his work.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Confirmed.

The legend has returned!  cheers 

Even if he's a terrible coach, the morale will rise immensely. There is always a rise in morale when a coach leaves. It is like the body after throwing up. There is a relief. It may not lead to full health, but for the short future, things will be okay.

Here's hoping Seedorf has a good few months. He's a legend and I wish him only the best.

Forza Milan
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Seedorf Empty Now that Clarence Seedorf is our coach.

Post by TonyDaBeast Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Ive been asking myself 2 questions and i would like to see what some of you have to say.

#1 - What Formation do you think Seedorf will apply and what kind of football do you think will be played under his regime? (is there any teams that we might look similair too? PSV? AJAX?)

#2 - Since it was Berlusconi who got rid of Allegri and it was the same Berlusconi who's been wanting Seedorf to coach the team for a long time now and finally got his wish today, Do you think Berlusconi will maybe just MAYBE come back to his spending ways to make HIS coach happy?
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 pm

I would assume Seedorf is a Carlo guy and would run the same type of system... especially with Kaka.  I expect a christmas tree formation.

Berlu has a personal liquidity crisis as his fortune has been cut significantly.  He's also facing a lot of legal challenges since he longer enjoys the legal immunity afforded to him as President and then senator... i don't think he is able to do much.

Risky hire by Milan.  Very risky hire.  I would have waited to bring Seedorf on in the summer and let an experienced manager finish the season.  Milan is not too far from relegation and this is exposing yourself to disaster if Seedorf is unable to manage the personalities...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Well Seedorf was asked what formation he would play, he said he didn't know yet, but he had played with 7 players in the current squad so he said that helps. I think he'll play a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

As for Berlu spending, whenever we sign a coach we usually sign a big name or 2. Seedorf has full backing from the board and Berlu, something Allegri didn't have. I can see Berlu opening his pockets one last time for the Seedorf project.

He's bringing international experience to the club. Crespo, Stam, Kluivert and Davids are all rumoured to be joining at the end of the season. They'll be coaches for different sectors, ex- Defense coach, tactical coach etc.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Is he starting now or at the end of the season?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:Is he starting now or at the end of the season?

This Thursday
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Starting now, he won't coach us against Spezia on Wednesday Tasotti will. But, his first match will be against Hellas on Sunday.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Seedorf will at least try to play attractive football,thats for sure.What i think our attack will look like

-------Balo----------Kaka-------------
--------------Honda------------------

with Kaka having a free role.

I really wish he could be a player-manager lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:52 am

As sports said, Berlusconi is unlikely to make huge investments, however under better management this wouldn't be an issue. By drastically cutting the squad size, something long overdue, we'd begin to relieve a lot of the pressure put on by our bloated wage bill, which is a persistent long term problem. Raising the cash for pet projects has never been an issue in the past. If we want someone, the cash magically appears and we worry about paying it later. All it does however is hurt us two years down the track when we're forced to sell to survive. Providing Seedorf with players means nothing if we're going to take them from him as we did with Allegri.

What Seedorf requires as coach is the support of a sustainable program of investment, looking for players who are no less talented than their colleagues and peers but who lack their hype. We can't afford to compete for targets such as Oezil or Bale, however we need not be involved in the headlines of the transfer market to make significant progress. Seedorf doesn't need a 'gift' from our president, he needs a scouting network that isn't a joke for the years to come.

As for Clarence himself, this is a huge risk, however he is an extremely charismatic figure and I hope this works out well for him. His name alone will earn him the time he needs initially and I believe the talk of the relegation zone to be nonsense. Even given a series of disasters, some of the clubs below us are too bad for words.

I do not believe that Europe should be made a target for Seedorf. What I want to see from him in the coming months is a clear and concerted effort to ensure we have a definitive style of play. I don't want to be looking at our line-up again wondering what our plan is. Consistency and patience with a certain approach is necessary and the further development of players such as Balotelli and De Sciglio, whilst offering the likes of Cristante and Saponara opportunities as they arise. I personally have no interest in qualifying for the Europa League, I'd rather approach next season without the burden of that competition and looking to launch a strike on the upper echelons of the table with only one competition in mind, as Juventus did and as Roma now appear to be doing. As long as I see promise on the pitch, I've little interest in the table this season. All I demand is a proud showing in Europe against Atletico and a performance of note in a big game against a team such as Juventus. That aside, Seedorf should just be using this as a springboard for a challenge on the Champions League spots next season and settling in as a coach.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 am

How much would it cost to buy all of the best players from the Eredivisie?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 am

They all go for around the 10-15 mill mark( top quality), i assume we'd be shopping for midfielders.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 am

The Eredivisie is a typically inexpensive market, however every club has the tendency to increase the price when Milan come sniffing. I could see us making an approach for a defender as well as reinforcing the middle of the park, though none of this can come without a serious clean out preceding it.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Milan team next season:

Cillessen
Van Rijn De Vrij Denswil MDS
De Jong Montolivo
Fischer Honda Kaka
Balotelli

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:16 am

Slowdorf. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 pm

I saw an interview with Seedorf a couple months ago. It adressed all sorts of topics. One of them was his ambition to become a coach. He stated that he felt to have been following others their orders and tactics long enough now. He desired to put his own ideas and tactics into practice. He was already very influential at Botafogo. Much more than just a player. Which was not just obvious due to the aforementioned words but the interviewer (Johan Derksen) also stated that (funnely enough) Seedorf's car was littered with cones, balls and all sorts of training material. Everything about him felt to me as if he was ready for a new step in his career.

I've always very much admired Clarence. To me he is one of the best midfielders we've ever had and accompanied by his charisma and kindness I've always held him at the highest esteem. He's also someone with an opinion. A real leader, who also stated that he has learned from all of his coaches throughout his career, even the ones he didn't much see eye to eye with. That's the only question for me. How will he handle those players who, very much like himself, have their own opinion and aren't afraid to speak up? If his personal experiences have indeed been something he has tried to objectively learn from, he will have all the attributes te become a terrific trainer.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Madvillain wrote:I saw an interview with Seedorf a couple months ago. It adressed all sorts of topics. One of them was his ambition to become a coach. He stated that he felt to have been following others their orders and tactics long enough now. He desired to put his own ideas and tactics into practice. He was already very influential at Botafogo. Much more than just a player. Which was not just obvious due to the aforementioned words but the interviewer (Johan Derksen) also stated that (funnely enough) Seedorf's car was littered with cones, balls and all sorts of training material. Everything about him felt to me as if he was ready for a new step in his career.

I've always very much admired Clarence. To me he is one of the best midfielders we've ever had and accompanied by his charisma and kindness I've always held him at the highest esteem. He's also someone with an opinion. A real leader, who also stated that he has learned from all of his coaches throughout his career, even the ones he didn't much see eye to eye with. That's the only question for me. How will he handle those players who, very much like himself, have their own opinion and aren't afraid to speak up? If his personal experiences have indeed been something he has tried to objectively learn from, he will have all the attributes te become a terrific trainer.

we have a lot of mediocore players in our team, and if its these mediocore players that have their own opinion and all that, then they can gtfo for all i care lol. they will be replaced rather easily and i dont think seedorf is gonna put up with such scrubitity LOL. just imagine a man like Seedorf, 4 times CL winner, a winner in everything. gets told off by zaccardo, muntari, nocerino etc lol they wont last very long that i can assure you lol
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Well I wasn't referring to your run of the mill scrubs. I was thinking more of a player like Balotelli or possible new signings. It isn't a shortterm question.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Madvillain wrote:I saw an interview with Seedorf a couple months ago. It adressed all sorts of topics. One of them was his ambition to become a coach. He stated that he felt to have been following others their orders and tactics long enough now. He desired to put his own ideas and tactics into practice. He was already very influential at Botafogo. Much more than just a player. Which was not just obvious due to the aforementioned words but the interviewer (Johan Derksen) also stated that (funnely enough) Seedorf's car was littered with cones, balls and all sorts of training material. Everything about him felt to me as if he was ready for a new step in his career.

I agree with your opinion on Seedorf, this small clip is just a testament to his much respected mature personality.

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Seedorf  Proud Proud 

There are 3 players i really admire as person and he's one of them.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:26 am

Seedorf's first day in training.

All the players looked genuinelly happy to see him. I doubt that Allegri ever had that kind of a relationship with the players, except with probably Muntari  hmm 

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:56 am

extremely happy for his appointment, first black coach in Serie A Proud hope he does well.... except against us Razz but wish him all the best of luck....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Clarence Seedorf has officially received dispensation from the Italian Football Federation to coach Milan this term without official qualifications.

Despite the 37-year-old’s agent claiming earlier this week that the new Rossonero Coach was already qualified to take to the San Siro bench, Milan have had to apply for dispensation as he has yet to have the applicable UEFA Pro license in place.

That application has been successful, with the Rossoneri today posting the FIGC’s response on their official Twitter account.

Seedorf, as per the letter received yesterday, is permitted to train Milan for the remainder of this season. It is believed that the Dutchman will undergo the Pro licence course during late spring.

-----------------------------

Only we would sign a coach then wonder whether he was allowed to coach after the fact. rofl Obviously a relief to hear this news.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Seedorf will use the 4-2-3-1 according to Sky Sports. This my favourite formation because it offers many options. The problem with this formation is the defence, let's see how seedorf deals with this problem.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next